Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jwsbowler

2020 - R Anderson or C Samuel... who would you roster?

Question

PPR league, 12 teams.  

Yes, a 2020 trade offer hit my email today and I am debating.  I give Robby Anderson for Curtis Samuel.  There are smaller pieces which are not important.  
My thoughts are Anderson is a FA and looking for a substantial raise, while Samuel is going to have another QB throwing him the ball.   As of today, I have Samuel valued higher, but in doing other research, Anderson is ranked higher in early 2020 rankings.  

Looking for some opinions and other things that I may be missing.  Thanks.

9 answers to this question

Personally, when an offer is sent to me, I have to like it. If I’m going back and forth, I likely reject it. 
I haven’t seen any rankings that have Anderson higher, but there isn't a big enough difference for me to take the deal.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:09 PM, Cjw_55106 said:

Personally, when an offer is sent to me, I have to like it. If I’m going back and forth, I likely reject it. 
I haven’t seen any rankings that have Anderson higher, but there isn't a big enough difference for me to take the deal.

so, you would rather have Anderson over Samuel.  Thanks

12 minutes ago, jwsbowler said:

so, you would rather have Anderson over Samuel.  Thanks

Im saying in this situation, Id likely keep whichever one I currently own. The degree of difference between the two is negligible, so I wouldn't give the other owner what he wants to for a lateral move on my end. I need to gain something. 

1 hour ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Im saying in this situation, Id likely keep whichever one I currently own. The degree of difference between the two is negligible, so I wouldn't give the other owner what he wants to for a lateral move on my end. I need to gain something. 

My question is who do you like more.  Forget that it is in a trade offer.  Who would you like?

I believe they are so close that where Anderson ends up matters. 

Sorry I cant be more clear. 

My answer would probably depend on the rest of my WR's.  I think Samuels is the safer option but Anderson's upside could be huge if he falls in the right location.  If you have a nice set of WR's where I am only looking for an upside play then i probably go Anderson.  If my WR's are full of question marks I probably take Samuel. 

51 minutes ago, Gally said:

My answer would probably depend on the rest of my WR's.  I think Samuels is the safer option but Anderson's upside could be huge if he falls in the right location.  If you have a nice set of WR's where I am only looking for an upside play then i probably go Anderson.  If my WR's are full of question marks I probably take Samuel. 

Other WRs on my team:  Hilton, Theilen, Dorsett, Gage, Lazard, Perriman, O Johnson (Min).    We start 1 QB and 1 of RB, WR, TE with 4 flex spots of any combination (except QB).  

1 minute ago, jwsbowler said:

Other WRs on my team:  Hilton, Theilen, Dorsett, Gage, Lazard, Perriman, O Johnson (Min).    We start 1 QB and 1 of RB, WR, TE with 4 flex spots of any combination (except QB).  

I probably go with Anderson with that group.  You should be solid with Hilton & Thielen and then Perriman & Lazard should have stable roles next year.  The upside of Anderson in the right location would work well with this group.

actually got Samuel for Njoku and I. Thomas...  I have Kelce and Fant along with a couple others at I am speculating with.