What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 - R Anderson or C Samuel... who would you roster? (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
PPR league, 12 teams.  

Yes, a 2020 trade offer hit my email today and I am debating.  I give Robby Anderson for Curtis Samuel.  There are smaller pieces which are not important.  
My thoughts are Anderson is a FA and looking for a substantial raise, while Samuel is going to have another QB throwing him the ball.   As of today, I have Samuel valued higher, but in doing other research, Anderson is ranked higher in early 2020 rankings.  

Looking for some opinions and other things that I may be missing.  Thanks.

Personally, when an offer is sent to me, I have to like it. If I’m going back and forth, I likely reject it. 
I haven’t seen any rankings that have Anderson higher, but there isn't a big enough difference for me to take the deal.

Personally, when an offer is sent to me, I have to like it. If I’m going back and forth, I likely reject it. 
I haven’t seen any rankings that have Anderson higher, but there isn't a big enough difference for me to take the deal.

so, you would rather have Anderson over Samuel.  Thanks

so, you would rather have Anderson over Samuel.  Thanks
Im saying in this situation, Id likely keep whichever one I currently own. The degree of difference between the two is negligible, so I wouldn't give the other owner what he wants to for a lateral move on my end. I need to gain something. 

Im saying in this situation, Id likely keep whichever one I currently own. The degree of difference between the two is negligible, so I wouldn't give the other owner what he wants to for a lateral move on my end. I need to gain something. 
My question is who do you like more.  Forget that it is in a trade offer.  Who would you like?

My answer would probably depend on the rest of my WR's.  I think Samuels is the safer option but Anderson's upside could be huge if he falls in the right location.  If you have a nice set of WR's where I am only looking for an upside play then i probably go Anderson.  If my WR's are full of question marks I probably take Samuel. 

My answer would probably depend on the rest of my WR's.  I think Samuels is the safer option but Anderson's upside could be huge if he falls in the right location.  If you have a nice set of WR's where I am only looking for an upside play then i probably go Anderson.  If my WR's are full of question marks I probably take Samuel. 
Other WRs on my team:  Hilton, Theilen, Dorsett, Gage, Lazard, Perriman, O Johnson (Min).    We start 1 QB and 1 of RB, WR, TE with 4 flex spots of any combination (except QB).  

Other WRs on my team:  Hilton, Theilen, Dorsett, Gage, Lazard, Perriman, O Johnson (Min).    We start 1 QB and 1 of RB, WR, TE with 4 flex spots of any combination (except QB).  
I probably go with Anderson with that group.  You should be solid with Hilton & Thielen and then Perriman & Lazard should have stable roles next year.  The upside of Anderson in the right location would work well with this group.

actually got Samuel for Njoku and I. Thomas...  I have Kelce and Fant along with a couple others at I am speculating with.  

I like Curtis Samuel a developing superstar on a team moving in the right direction and a player with multiple skills . I see Robby Anderson as a one trick pony on a team going no where and a team with very poor quarterback skills.

Mobydick

I like Curtis Samuel a developing superstar on a team moving in the right direction and a player with multiple skills . I see Robby Anderson as a one trick pony on a team going no where and a team with very poor quarterback skills.

Mobydick
Anderson is a free agent so you have no idea where he will land, his role, or the level of his QB play.

I give you that but he is a one trick pony who has a recent injury history he would have to land in the absolute perfect spot and remain injury free I vote no and he is no Curtis Samuel.

Users who are viewing this thread