What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite Musical Duets (1 Viewer)

Heaven Knows, Donna Summer & Joe Esposito            Reunited, Peaches & Herb (yeah, theyre a "group" but howzat diffint than Mahvin & Tammi?!)

I'm such a sucker for duets because i sing harmony 10x better than i sing leads. Backinaday, i sang the John Prine part on his classic w Bonnie Raitt a coupla times in jams and my son's mother and i did a number of them (SRV's Pride & Joy was our best) at weddings, both Top Ten moments in my life.

But my favorite was singing the two @ the top here w my HS sweetheart, who's been my idea of sexy for over 50 yrs. Wrote about this before - since we first got together @ 13yo, i knew she was gonna be looking for sumn better but, for several decades thereafter,  she was happy to send some sugar my way when she werent thrilled w who she was with. Whenever she was unhappy w her old man, i'd get a call down in Albq and, if i werent being faithful to somebody, we'd meet @ a soak & poke in the mountains above Santa Fe.

Not a big fan of hot tubs - don't care that much for water play and my front aint my best side anyway - but w her it was a joy. Mostly cuz we sang almost as much as fooled around. She's the best singer i've ever heard who never made a record (as i've said before, that was mostly cuz she got nervous unless she played along on the piano and she was turrrrible at that) and she would throw some amazing harmonies at me if i was singing along to the radio but would usually throw me off if i tried doing the same w her. Women....

Except when we was @ Ten Thousand Waves. We always started with the "Baby, please..." of Heaven Knows and go right into Reunited every time, then start throwing riffs from our latest faves and tastying things up for each other until we found a connection too filthy to continue in song. dongitnobettah...

Until caller ID came along & took the surprise out of it, whenever we'd call each other we'd sing "Baby, please" as our way of saying hi

Last edited by a moderator:
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas "Tramp"

This record is hilarious. Otis counting off how many cars he has is one of my favorite lines in all of music.

Oh, and the band is only Booker T & The MGs w/The Memphis Horns.

Users who are viewing this thread