What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Wild Card - Buffalo at Houston*** (1 Viewer)

First quarter takeaways:

Buffalo pass rush getting home not giving Watson a chance to settle in 

Bills not putting the game on Allen’s arm unless Houston makes them

Watt not a factor

Booger,  Joe Morris played for the Giants....not the Jets.
Damn, I was giving him credit for the reference. Missed that part of him speaking. Joe Morris was an undersized but very good/functional back for the GIants when they were starting to get good. He may have been their RB in '86-'87.

Brandon beane really did a good job on the online and wr corps this yr. Now that I say that even the rb corps is new. 

Good job by Allen to avoid the pressure, but would have liked a more accurate pass. Could have had a lot more yards if he hit McKenzie on the run.

Clearly down. Refs did the right thing letting it play out, but there is no question he was down. Allen needs to do a better job protecting the ball while running though (drink).

Wow. Down. Thank god. That was awkward. Allen trying to be too safe in avoiding contact. Similar to a QB sliding awkwardly...

Damn, I was giving him credit for the reference. Missed that part of him speaking. Joe Morris was an undersized but very good/functional back for the GIants when they were starting to get good. He may have been their RB in '86-'87.
He was the starter on the 86' team that beat Denver.   Morris rushed for 313 yards in three playoff games that year including a 159-yard, two touchdown performance against the San Francisco 49ers.  

Does a defender touching a ball down the runner? Looked like the ball was punched before he touched him

He was the starter on the 86' team that beat Denver.   Morris rushed for 313 yards in three playoff games that year including a 159-yard, two touchdown performance against the San Francisco 49ers.  
Yep. That's how I remember. And I remember him being a much better than average back, but I was young and thought my memory might have recalled incorrectly.

He was also in that Eminem "Joe" commercial for the NFL about a decade or two ago. 

Why keep taking Singletary out ?
I think they trust Gore more in the "pressure situations", but I'm not sure that matters much anymore given how much more productive Singletary has been. 

Yeldon is scratched today so they've really only got 2 RBs....not counting Perry who basically plays exclusively special teams.

Yep. That's how I remember. And I remember him being a much better than average back, but I was young and thought my memory might have recalled incorrectly.

He was also in that Eminem "Joe" commercial for the NFL about a decade or two ago. 
i remember him being very good.  did not remember him being only 5'7"

C'mon Brown! Reach for that and make the catch. Don't wait for it to hit your breadbasket.  :wall:
Yeah, if you are barely out of bounds and catch it in your stomach, that is on the receiver. Needed to have more awareness and stretch for that ball while dragging feet.

Users who are viewing this thread