What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Seahawks vs Eagles - NFC Wild Card *** (1 Viewer)

if Eagles can't get a TD or a turnover on defense they will lose. fingers crossed they get one soon

But college doesn't have a centralized review like the NFL does. In theory, Blandino and co should be pretty consistent in what they call compared to college. I just hate suspensions after the fact because the team that was hurt by it doesn't benefit. 

And if safety matters as much as they say it does, should err on the side of caution.
"In theory" is doing a lot of work there.

Does anybody trust Blandino to apply a judgement-based rule consistently in games involving, say, New England?

But would a helmet to helmet hit like that get called if it was a rb?  I mean i see that all the time and never see it called personally.
Yeah. Mostly thought it was going to be a flag because it was a QB. I honestly don’t know all the nuances of these rules they add on a yearly basis on hits. 

Does anybody trust Blandino to apply a judgement-based rule consistently in games involving, say, New England?
Well the original suggestion said they should be suspended after the week and a review which would be likely be conducted by...Blandino. 

Eagle defenders need to watch how they handle Wilson when he slides. It’s on the verge of being penalties. Just my observations of the game so far. 

Seattle is playing extremely well with all the injuries and the rag tag lot of running backs they have been forced to use. 

Wasn’t aware of that. He’s been all good here.
I give you some credit because I didn't remember you were a Seahawks homer and I have been more than opinionated in here and you didn't make it personal 👍

It's not fun when your team is winning but there is a major hang up in the game like what happened with Wentz-Clowney. 

But I think you have to know Seattle is a tad overrated...at the same time I think the Packers are nothing special right now and I give you all every chance to walk into Lambeau and kick their butts next week...if you all finish this out. 

I give you some credit because I didn't remember you were a Seahawks homer and I have been more than opinionated in here and you didn't make it personal 👍

It's not fun when your team is winning but there is a major hang up in the game like what happened with Wentz-Clowney. 

But I think you have to know Seattle is a tad overrated...at the same time I think the Packers are nothing special right now and I give you all every chance to walk into Lambeau and kick their butts next week...if you all finish this out. 
Seattle lost their entire RB corp, their LT, starting Guard in last couple weeks. The team is majorly flawed.

The Defense is mediocre.

They have a HOF QB or they’d be under .500

Yeah, I’m not sure how anyone who has witnessed these same guys reviewing the pass interference stuff this year could possibly think allowing those guys to review and eject players would be a good idea.

He has a concussion. You do realize what that, correct, and how dangerous it would be for him to keep playing? We get it you’re super tough and would have stayed in the game. He can’t because the doctors will not clear him. It doesn’t make him less tough and it’s surely not some NFL conspiracy so stop your nonsense of thinking anyone is offended by your “toughness”. No one is offended or a snowflake we just can’t understand how you can’t grasp reality.
Do you think any players in the NFL have managed to dodge the medical tent since these rules came out? Because I can remember players who somehow skirt it? I'm not trying to say I'm tough, I'm simply saying if I were in their NFL Chiseled Bodies I might have a game plan in place in case this happens. Holding your head is going to attract a lot of attention from upstairs and perhaps it couldn't be avoided. 

Again you're very PRO-MEDICAL TENT and that's fine but players have been playing with them for decades and some of them suffer long term but they know what they're getting into from the time they take the field in high school, college and beyond. I do not feel the least bit sorry for the players in the NFL, and I also DO NOT bleive what they are doing right now is saving these players from long term damage. We won't know for 20-30 years but I don't believe CTE is going to drop in large %...

The only way to stop CTE is to stop the NFL an disband it. Would you like to see the NFL stopped permanently so nobody else has to suffer any long term ailments? It's not just CTE, the knees, joints, elbows, finger permanently directed in the other direction from the ones most of us have on our hands? Lets not pretend like people who "#####" over these concussion protocols are somehow less fans than those that push for players to play with what is deemed a "lesser" injury are any more Angelic in any way shape or form. 

Users who are viewing this thread