Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
SaintsInDome2006

The New Orleans Saints Vs Minnesota Vikings,1st Round Playoff, Live from the Louisiana Superdome

2 minutes ago, Insein said:

Will they change the OT rules again for this game the way they did for Favre?

At least they don't make them kick the extra point.

Good job Kirk. Your earned a bit of that contract.

Adam Thielen is a stud.

Well fought NO.

Just now, tackle for loss said:

Just get rid of the pass int review.

FFS, between this and the Seattle game. Whats the point of having it? 

NFL is becoming a joke in itself. If not for fantasy we wouldnt watch most of this trash.

He clearly extended his arm when the ball was in the air and interfered with the defender.

What am I missing?

A Saints victory?

• Laughing 3

1 minute ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Who Dat?!?!

No SKOL baby

1 minute ago, Cjw_55106 said:

They review every scoring play. Just because they don’t announce it, doesn’t mean they aren’t doing it.

Buck said no review

Just now, cloppbeast said:

Where'd the Cousins haters go?

Youa re one of those come in after the fact kinda guys.

So is Cousins a good QB all of a sudden? Dalvin won that game for them. 

• Like 1

So next season the new rule will be in overtime coaches get an extra challenge for PI, right?

Posted (edited)

Saints screwed again.

Tie at end of regulation should be victory for the home team.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

2 minutes ago, The General said:

More like the Aints. Amiright?!!?

No...those little nicknames are awful.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

I thought this was a worse no call than the OPI in the end zone

@SportSourceA: How do refs miss so many blatant holds? This one really mattered early in the OT scoring drive for the #Vikings. #NFL https://twitter.com/SportSourceA/status/1213934052073447424/video/1

Dude, that happened right in front of the ref, and he reached into his pocket, and took it out when it went incomplete. That's ten yards, bra.

Edited by rockaction

1 minute ago, shadyridr said:

Buck said no review

Buck is a moron. The NFL has made it very clear that they review all scoring plays over and over and over again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Saints screwed again.

Tie at end of regulation should go to the home team.

In the playoffs they should give each team a chance. One of the dumbest rules ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Dude, that happened right in front of the ref, and he reached into his pocket, and took it out when it went complete. That's ten yards, bra.

Yeah Ref was gonna call it, he had flag in hand. 

Biggest winner here is the AFC. The only NFC team that had a chance in the Super Bowl was the Saints. The Vikings win assures that the NFC representative in the Super Bowl will get crushed. But the AFC Championship game should be awesome.

• Like 1

Just now, Cjw_55106 said:

Buck is a moron. The NFL has made it very clear that they review all scoring plays over and over and over again.

First review is just a quick glance to see if there is enough to bring the ref over and have a real look at it.  The fact that they saw that play and decided it wasn't even worth a closer look is laughable, and the only plausible reason is that they didn't want to create a huge controversy from 5 minutes of replay for this horrible rule at the end of the game.

Just now, lod001 said:

In the playoffs they should give each team a chance. One of the dumbest rules ever.

They should get rid of sudden death altogether and play an extra stanza like basketball or hockey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, lod001 said:

they will change it now....sean payton gonna bellyache all off season

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

that's about the only complaint i have

Just now, twistd said:

Biggest winner here is the AFC. The only NFC team that had a chance in the Super Bowl was the Saints. The Vikings win assures that the NFC representative in the Super Bowl will get crushed. But the AFC Championship game should be awesome.

Weird take considering the Niners played the AFC #1 seed to the wire in Baltimore 

• Like 2

Unreal with the poor coaching and QB play in these first 3 games. Brees and Payton could have had 1st down at the 26 with 35 seconds left if they hadn't been so greedy about keeping that timeout. Now they get to go home with that TO. Wow it's so good they saved it. Bills balked. Titans balked and got away with it. I smell a Carroll snafu later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Youa re one of those come in after the fact kinda guys.

So is Cousins a good QB all of a sudden? Dalvin won that game for them. 

A lot like the Tennessee game.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Just now, SHIZNITTTT said:

Just play a full quarter in the OT for playoffs. 

I don't really care about either team, but I've always felt the OT rules are pretty ridiculous. 

Well the Brees/Saints Super Bowl window is closed.  Need to figure out what's wrong with Kamara and draft a run stuffer on defense.

Vikes for whatever reason really get up for the Saints.  The Vikings we saw all season will show their ugly faces in SF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twistd said:

49ers continue to get no respect. They beat the Saints and GB already. 

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

First review is just a quick glance to see if there is enough to bring the ref over and have a real look at it.  The fact that they saw that play and decided it wasn't even worth a closer look is laughable, and the only plausible reason is that they didn't want to create a huge controversy from 5 minutes of replay for this horrible rule at the end of the game.

Do they look at everything or just confirm the TD?  I took it to mean they reviewed the catch but not necessarily the PI.

No one would want the overturned if it was your team making the catch. Be honest.

Rule is dumb, just scrap it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

Weird take considering the Niners played the AFC #1 seed to the wire in Baltimore 

In Baltimore in terrible conditions.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

This.

Rudolph wouldn't have had to pushoff on the DB that wasn't playing the ball if that guy wasn't hanging all over him. I think there is an equal argument for defensive PI on that play. Yes Rudolph pushed off. The other guy mugged him first.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sam Quentin said:

They should get rid of sudden death altogether and play an extra stanza like basketball or hockey

3 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

or this which is even better. But the NFL is dumb and has dumb people making up dumb ####. totally reactive vs proactive.

'oh that extra time may get someone hurt.'

Edited by lod001

Just now, AAABatteries said:

Do they look at everything or just confirm the TD?  I took it to mean they reviewed the catch but not necessarily the PI.

That was a pretty quick review. I’m guessing they only confirmed the score. 

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

A lot like the Tennessee game.

Oh, brother, Tannehill made one throw. I can't think of a pass he was really dialed in for other than the seam route in the first or second quarter. Rest of the game was like a construction site.

• Like 1

I don't mind the rule.   Its meant to overturn egregious bad calls.  That wasn't close to an egregious bad call.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They haven’t overturned a TD with an after-the-fact offensive PI call ever, nor will they.  It was likely PI, but that’s not getting called there upon review.  Ever.  

3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I think the Niners are banged up on defense. Their defense hasn’t played as well in the second half of the season. 

God.... Let the whining begin.  

1 minute ago, Man In The Box said:

That was a pretty quick review. I’m guessing they only confirmed the score. 

They wanted everyone to see the postgame and pregame ads on the two game broadcasts.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

I don't mind the rule.   Its meant to overturn egregious bad calls.  That wasn't close to an egregious bad call.  

Problem is they can't pick and choose how bad the infraction needs to be. It doesn't work. Just scrap it IMO. Refs are going to mess stuff up.

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh, brother, Tannehill made one throw. I can't think of a pass he was really dialed in for other than the seam route in the first or second quarter. Rest of the game was like a construction site.

You mean those like 4 times he actually threw it?

I hope the saints lose in the playoffs via a terrible interpretation of PI every year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 4