What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The New Orleans Saints Vs Minnesota Vikings,1st Round Playoff, Live from the Louisiana Superdome (2 Viewers)

Someone told me they tried the meatless whopper. I asked “how was it?”  They said “it tasted exactly like a whopper.”

I said, “yeah, but whoppers are terrible. Why would I want it to taste like that?”
named appropriately for what you'll be taking on the toilet the next morning

Reminds me of an old SNL skit with Jimmy Smits where he's the new employee and all of his coworkers overly pronounce words like "bur-REEEEE-toeesss" and "een-chi-LAHHH-dassss."
Reminds me of the time I pronounced my new brother-in-law's name. "HUan," said I. Pleasantly, he double took and shook my hand.

Stupid, stupid cultural minefields, man. 

if it wasnt for 2 missed calls it could be much worse:

A blown false start that resulted in a turn over and 3 points for NO

A blown defensive holding on 3rd down that resulted in a td drive by the Saints. 

refs helping out any way they can
You're not good at this.

Reminds me of the time I pronounced my new brother-in-law's name. "HUan," said I. Pleasantly, he double took and shook my hand.

Stupid, stupid cultural minefields, man. 
They do that on the local news here all the time.  "Trouble brewing today in Neee-Ha-rrrrrrrrrrrr-a-wa"

Didn’t want to post about this during the week ... but the Saints often lay eggs when heavily favored. And the reverse, too—rise up when they look weak.

Saints are obviously in this, but Payton and Brees have to more judicious with taking what passing yards the defense is yielding. The pushes downfield are anticipated and getting contested/defended.
I posted about this. I cited the monday night Falcons game. The media has gone way overboard disrespecting the Vikings. 2ND HALF will tell all.

I saw Kamara run over three guys on his TD run. Cook ran out of bounds at the three to avoid contact when he could have scored, in a playoff game. It's something I'm keeping my eye on.
Yeah that’s not what happened - he was tackled by a linebacker and knocked out of bounds.

They do that on the local news here all the time.  "Trouble brewing today in Neee-Ha-rrrrrrrrrrrr-a-wa"
I remember back in 2001, you really new how to pronounce a word if you knew the difference between "Ka-tarr" and "Cutter"

Never could get them correct, Always forgot the appropriate way. But I tried.

I saw Kamara run over three guys on his TD run. Cook ran out of bounds at the three to avoid contact when he could have scored, in a playoff game. It's something I'm keeping my eye on.
Its a fair observation.

I don't think Cook is fully healthy and he has dealt with shoulder injuries that could flare up again at any time. So better to avoid that when it is only a yard.

Earlier on in the season he would fight for the extra yardage and maybe even score.

I do think Cook carries more risk than some of the other top RB as far as injuries and dynasty assets go. However as a dynasty owner you should also appreciate the value of a player avoiding contact and possibly extending their careers because of it.

It wasn't on his run from the three. It was three plays before that, which was a good run, but he didn't finish it. 
Mark, despite all these people I'm familiar with and friends with on the board, I saw what you said he did. So did The_Man. Just let it go, though. It's not a big deal . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing Smith made that tackle. The whole defense over pursued to the outside on that play. I don't think there was anyone left to stop him if Smith didnt.

Don’t know what’s up, but 2017-18 Kamara is gone, Those plays haven’t worked all season 

Good thing Smith made that tackle. The whole defense over pursued to the outside on that play. I don't think there was anyone left to stop him if Smith didnt.
They've blatantly over-pursued twice, they'd be vulnerable to a quick reverse with Ginn. 

Don’t know what’s up, but 2017-18 Kamara is gone, Those plays haven’t worked all season 
Everybody thinks that at an elite level, you should be able to be even more elite even if you sprain your ankle, which sends most humans up in RICE for weeks.

Mark, despite all these people I'm familiar with and friends with on the board, I saw what you did. Just let it go, though. It's not a big deal . 
It's Mr. Football to you....Because I'm not your "friend" on this message board my observations aren't acceptable? Btw, you don't have to respond to this if you want this conversation to go away.

Vikes need to run with Cook all day and saints need to pass to Thomas all day.

For no personal reasons.

Also I think Joe and Troy are my least favorite combo.  Even worse than the Monday night crew. At least those jabronies are unintentionally funny.

Also I think Joe and Troy are my least favorite combo.  Even worse than the Monday night crew. At least those jabronies are unintentionally funny.
woah. Let's not get crazy. I'd take Troy and Joe over Booger any day. I mean, people were watching ESPN deportes yesterday to get away from him

It's Mr. Football to you....Because I'm not your "friend" on this message board my observations aren't acceptable? Btw, you don't have to respond to this if you want this conversation to go away.
Just saying I've got your back on that issue. He pulled up on the run in Franco Harris-style.

Users who are viewing this thread