What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Dynasty offseason shark moves (1 Viewer)

kittenmittens

Footballguy
What are the shark moves you are making this early offseason in anticipation of changing opportunity?  Getting in front of this is one way to get huge value out of nowhere.  Darren Waller is one example... I try to make these moves now before the NFL playoff season even ends in leagues that allow it. 

Who has an out in their deal and we should be getting next man up ahead of time? Who is a looming free agent that we aren't thinking about? 

Here are mine:

Get Mecole Hardman. By NFL draft time he will be the WR2 on the depth chart. 

Get Ian Thomas just in case.  Greg Olsen may not be returning. 

Buy Jace Sternberger and pick up Tonyan.  Jimmy Graham is finished.  Get Lazard too.  He's the clear number 2 WR. 

Buy Curtis Samuel.  Breakout coming if QB improves. 

Load up on 2019 TEs.  Get and stash Oliver, Knox, Warring, Moreau, Irv Smith, Kaden Smith, Sternberger, Wesco, and of course Hock and Fant if the price is right. I predict 2019 is going to be one of the best fantasy drafts ever for TE premium leagues after these TEs are able to emerge.  2019 will be the best TE class ever. 

Get Mattison and Mike Boone.  Cook may enter a Melvin Gordon situation this offseason.  Too good to trade, and too expensive/risky to sign. 

Get Nick Mullins.  He may be traded this offseason, there has been a lot of interest reported from other teams. 

More obviously, get Stidham and Bridgewater if Teddy is cheap enough.  Bridgewater is the heir l, and even if Stidham isn't he might be able to beat out anyone else they can bring in. 

Buy Preston Williams if you can get him at a reasonable price.  It's a risk as Parker is there and they are rumored to be signing Robby Anderson. 

Sell Golladay, Kupp, Aaron Jones, and other players other owners think are younger than they are. 

Buy Josh Reynolds cheap, he Amy be a starter next year. 

Get Tyler Higbee if the owner doesn't believe what he saw. 

What are yours? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Gallup. He had nearly identical numbers to Amari down the stretch and Cooper may be gone.

Agree with Samuel above. He just needs a QB and think Carolina gets one.

Damien Harris, NE- that backfield will see some turnover this year.

I love Mike Williams for LAC, especially if a new QB comes in. 

selling golladay and kupp? why?  turning 27 isn't some death knell for a WR especially. that's not that old, that is sell off RB territory. I love what I see from Kupp and golladay.

selling golladay and kupp? why?  turning 27 isn't some death knell for a WR especially. that's not that old, that is sell off RB territory. I love what I see from Kupp and golladay.
I like them OK myself, but they are at an age where you can still flip them and there is some uncertainty with their contract situation after 2020.  Golladay and DJ Moore and Juju are close on DTC with Golladay ahead.  I want Moore and Juju by a mile. 

Kupp and DJ Chark and Metcalf are close.  I'll take Chark or DK.  Kupp isn't worth as much as I thought he was I guess.  I would love to flip him plus a smallish piece for AJ Brown. 

Definitely don't sell just to sell. use for a longer term stud even if you have to add a little. 

I really like the Lazard call. I think there's a decent chance Green Bay upgrades, but that's baked into his current price. He was a WR4 week 6-on despite being an after thought up til that point. A-Aron realized he was the only non-Adams WR he trusted, so he sustained relevance from that point-on. Now he gets a full offseason with him to potentially expand on his limited role. Worst case I think he's what he was this year, but there's a path to more.

I get the sentiment behind moving Golladay, but keep in mind on a per game basis he was WR8 when Stafford got injured. This despite laying two eggs when opposing defenses took beat us with anyone else approach's. I do not expect to get an offer enticing enough for me to consider moving him.

I thought loading up on as many young TE's as possible was a great move over the last year. I did exactly that. Because I don't think anything good is coming up the pipeline. I expect others to realize that over the next few months if they haven't already, so it may prove difficult to acquire a developmental TE. I say that because while I have excess TE's right now I don't intend to trade any of them. I expect at least one flop and at least one (and probably more) injuries. If you're shallow at the position instead I'd consider a vet who's shine has worn off some - Njoku and Ebron immediately come to mind. Maybe others. You can probably get them for a comparable (or better?) price than a 2nd or 3rd year guy.

Also, just the perspective of a multi-league Curtis Samuel owner, if you want him from me then you need to come swinging. I'm aware of his poor catchable pass rates on deep balls - literally 20% of his targets this season weren't catchable. Despite that and just two games with > 8 targets he turned in a WR3 season anyway. And he's still just 23.

kittenmittens said:
What are the shark moves you are making this early offseason in anticipation of changing opportunity? 
ARI WR  Hakeem Butler 6'6

Kyler Murray were room mates and were building a chemistry in camp.

Fitz is 40+ years old and no one has really emerged from the rest of the pack.  And no one else has his size.

From last May.

1. Murray and Butler quickly developing chemistry

...I asked Butler about that interaction after Murray left and he just smiled and shrugged. "Well, we're roommates," as if to say, "Duh, Berry." He explained further that a lot of times they don't even talk ball, but just are getting to know each other and that, in a short period of time, they have grown close, a sentiment Kyler echoed to me in a later interview.

...Murray told me later how excited he's been, as he's never had a WR the size of Butler (he's 6-foot-6, 225 pounds). From Butler's point of view, using his body, size and winning those 50-50 balls is an important aspect of his game, something he's been working on with Calvin Johnson.

Do you need me to pick up that name I just dropped? Butler has been working out with Megatron himself, learning how to use his big frame and speed in the most effective ways. Clearly, he has already caught Murray's attention.
Forgotten so should be inexpensive and a good dynasty chip to play on. 

Low cost with good upside.  

And if it slipped by he is SIX FOOT SIX INCHES.  

ARI WR  Hakeem Butler 6'6

Kyler Murray were room mates and were building a chemistry in camp.

Fitz is 40+ years old and no one has really emerged from the rest of the pack.  And no one else has his size.

From last May.

1. Murray and Butler quickly developing chemistry

Forgotten so should be inexpensive and a good dynasty chip to play on. 

Low cost with good upside.  

And if it slipped by he is SIX FOOT SIX INCHES.  
Fitzgerald is 36 years old and will be 37 for next season.  Butler could be a good add but it would shock no one if the Cardinals selected Jeudy or Lamb at 9th overall.  Butler is concerning only because he fell so far in the draft after being talked about so highly in dynasty circles.  Not to mention he will essentially be a rookie again after not playing this season.  As a throw in or potential waiver claim I would take the shot.  Still feels like a long shot that he is ever even the WR1 in that offense.  

Fitzgerald is 36 years old and will be 37 for next season.  Butler could be a good add but it would shock no one if the Cardinals selected Jeudy or Lamb at 9th overall.  Butler is concerning only because he fell so far in the draft after being talked about so highly in dynasty circles.  Not to mention he will essentially be a rookie again after not playing this season.  As a throw in or potential waiver claim I would take the shot.  Still feels like a long shot that he is ever even the WR1 in that offense.  
Seems older but will be 37.  Not a long-term dynasty threat.

I would be surprised if the Cards took a WR with the #9 pick.

NFL Player Stats - Sacked

1. Deshaun Watson Houston Texans - 51
  2. Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks- 49
  3. Matt Ryan Atlanta Falcons - 48
  4. Kyler Murray Arizona Cardinals - 48
--------------------------------------------------

Low cost with potentially nice upside coupled with that frame, intriguing.

So you are saying a new QB will be better for him than Rivers, who helped Williams to 99/1775/12 in 33 games over the past 2 seasons while playing alongside Allen, Henry or Tyrell Williams, Ekeler, and Gordon. 

You certainly seem to have high expectations for Williams. The problem is that if Rivers does not return, the starter likely becomes Tyrod Taylor followed at some point by a rookie QB. I seriously doubt that will be an improvement for MW. 

I think it's crazy to forecast what a team will do (teams make irrational and stupid moves all the time), but I think it'd be incredibly dumb of the Cardinals to pick anything but an OT or a foundation piece on defense if they stay at 8. 

So you are saying a new QB will be better for him than Rivers, who helped Williams to 99/1775/12 in 33 games over the past 2 seasons while playing alongside Allen, Henry or Tyrell Williams, Ekeler, and Gordon. 

You certainly seem to have high expectations for Williams. The problem is that if Rivers does not return, the starter likely becomes Tyrod Taylor followed at some point by a rookie QB. I seriously doubt that will be an improvement for MW. 
The QB market is going to be busy in March and father time finally defeated Rivers this year. I wouldn't dismiss the Taylor bridging to a rookie scenario, but I'm also not sure that'd be a downgrade to 2019 Rivers. And that's probably the worst case scenario for San Diego skill position players.

Can I get a show of hands from Higbee owners that don't believe what they saw.
There are still Everett believers who think it's only because Everett was out.  They do have a point that Everett looked to be breaking out before the injury. 

Higbee has an extension tho and Everett is UFA after 2020... So buy Higbee if he's cheap enough. 

father time finally defeated Rivers this year
This narrative is completely overblown. I posted this in another thread recently:

Consider what he dealt with this season:

• Pass blocking ranked by PFF as #31 in the league.
  • OC Whisenhunt was fired after week 8.
  • The running game was weak -- 28th in yards and anchored by Melvin Gordon, who averaged 3.8 ypc.
  • Gordon's holdout had a huge negative impact on the season. The coaching staff forced him into the lineup immediately upon his return, despite the fact that he clearly wasn't ready and Ekeler was playing great. That disrupted the offense for several weeks.
  • Lost #3 and #4 WRs early in the season. After Allen and Mike Williams, the WR with the most snaps was Andre Patton. If you said, who? the answer is, he is the WR who ranked #218 out of 220 graded WRs in PFF receiving grade.
  • Also lost TE Henry for 4 games and during that window lost #3 TE for the season.
The popular narrative focuses on his interceptions, but consider that despite the stuff above:

• His on-target percentage was 76.7%, which was #10 in the league and better than Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Ryan, Wentz, Jackson, and Stafford, among others
  • His bad throw percentage was 15%, which was #7 (7th lowest) in the league and better than Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Cousins, Wentz, Watson, Jackson, and Stafford, among others
  • He was #7 in pass attempts but #3 in completions and #4 in passing yards
  • He was #4 in deep passing attempts yet was still #10 in overall completion percentage
And just last season, he was generally viewed as a top 5-ish QB.

IMO it seems much more reasonable to think that all of the stuff in my first list above contributed to his dropoff in play this year -- which wasn't that bad per my second list -- than to think he fell off a cliff.

There are still Everett believers who think it's only because Everett was out.  They do have a point that Everett looked to be breaking out before the injury. 

Higbee has an extension tho and Everett is UFA after 2020... So buy Higbee if he's cheap enough. 
What if Everett lost his position to Higbee?

Tex

This narrative is completely overblown. I posted this in another thread recently:

Consider what he dealt with this season:

• Pass blocking ranked by PFF as #31 in the league.
  • OC Whisenhunt was fired after week 8.
  • The running game was weak -- 28th in yards and anchored by Melvin Gordon, who averaged 3.8 ypc.
  • Gordon's holdout had a huge negative impact on the season. The coaching staff forced him into the lineup immediately upon his return, despite the fact that he clearly wasn't ready and Ekeler was playing great. That disrupted the offense for several weeks.
  • Lost #3 and #4 WRs early in the season. After Allen and Mike Williams, the WR with the most snaps was Andre Patton. If you said, who? the answer is, he is the WR who ranked #218 out of 220 graded WRs in PFF receiving grade.
  • Also lost TE Henry for 4 games and during that window lost #3 TE for the season.
The popular narrative focuses on his interceptions, but consider that despite the stuff above:

• His on-target percentage was 76.7%, which was #10 in the league and better than Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Ryan, Wentz, Jackson, and Stafford, among others
  • His bad throw percentage was 15%, which was #7 (7th lowest) in the league and better than Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Cousins, Wentz, Watson, Jackson, and Stafford, among others
  • He was #7 in pass attempts but #3 in completions and #4 in passing yards
  • He was #4 in deep passing attempts yet was still #10 in overall completion percentage

IMO it seems much more reasonable to think that all of the stuff in my first list above contributed to his dropoff in play this year -- which wasn't that bad per my second list -- than to think he fell off a cliff.
If anything the Whis move was probably for the best. I get the Gordon angle (which is why I think Whis getting whacked was a good thing), but his OL has been bad for a while. So that isn't really a new thing. I don't follow why the Patton part is relevant though. He had at least 3 of his primary weapons (Allen, Williams, Henry, Ekeler, Gordon) in every game but one. That's optimal to what most other teams had to work with.

Phil's always had a little bit of 'oh, screw it' to his game but the games I watched were different than year's past. Players with just average arms to start with have difficulty maintaining functionality once the already average arm noodles up at all. I think that's what happened this year and he was just propped up by a combination of having better than most skill position players and sustaining strong vision/decision making. I think that's why his surface stats didn't drop off despite his actual play deteriorating. 

If a team needs a bridge in 2020 and Phil's willing to serve such a purpose (on the field and off) then I think that vision/decision making is enough to get him that sort of work. I do not expect anything beyond that though.

I think he did, for now at least.  Not everyone shares that view tho. 
Based on December's performance and their respective contracts that strikes me as quite the leap. This strikes me as a fleecing someone not really paying attention sorta recommendation. If the Higbee owner possesses such a trait then you should not restrict your pillaging of their roster to just Higbee. And you should intend to be a repeat customer.

If there's a buying recommendation at the Rams TE position then I think it's Everett. And it's because as you mentioned, he's a UFA after 2020. Delayed gratification would be the expectation and there would be some risk since you have no clue where he may go, but as you said Everett was breaking out pre-injury. He just needs to wait for an opportunity again...unless McVay goes heavy 2 TE next season. Something that I think is in the range of potential outcomes given their cap/draft pick situation.

I like them OK myself, but they are at an age where you can still flip them and there is some uncertainty with their contract situation after 2020.  Golladay and DJ Moore and Juju are close on DTC with Golladay ahead.  I want Moore and Juju by a mile. 

Kupp and DJ Chark and Metcalf are close.  I'll take Chark or DK.  Kupp isn't worth as much as I thought he was I guess.  I would love to flip him plus a smallish piece for AJ Brown. 

Definitely don't sell just to sell. use for a longer term stud even if you have to add a little. 
If you could get that for Kupp? Run. Probably closer to low wr2 though.

If you could get that for Kupp? Run. Probably closer to low wr2 though.
Kupp was WR14 on a per game basis in 2018, #4 overall this year, and the Rams lack the means to upgrade in 2020. If you can flip him for a low-end WR1ish price (or better) then depending on your depth chart I could see the justification (AJ Brown is an interesting one to consider if his owner entertains it). Any lower and I think you'd be better off riding out 2020 with him then hope wherever he ends up in 2021 doesn't tank his value. Future years matter, but this year > next year. And I don't think there really are any reasons to believe his performance will drop.

I owned both Everett and Higbee most of the year and it seemed like Higbee was the guy until he got hurt; then Everett stepped up until he got hurt. But production wise, Higbee seemed better and the team seemed to favor him when both were healthy.

Buy's:

Isabella, Fitz likely gone, he expands his ability to play different roles

Buy any top8 2020 1st for any player below a top15 ranking (per position, not overall)

I'm still buying Derrius Guice, but some owners are holding him super tight still.  Get him at a discount if possible

Absolutely buy Preston Williams.  Zero concerns, he's the true #1. 

Take shots on Kelvin Harmon, Miles Boykin, Diontae Johnson.  Minimal investment please, don't go overboard.

Jalin Moore, stash him now, if possible.  One of my favorite RB from last years draft, Bell might not be back, and the rest of that RB room is trash.

Buy all the TE's you can, especially TE premium.  Ian Thomas, Blake Jarwin, OJ Howard, David Njoku, Dawson Knox, TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly, Jonnu Smith.  

Sell's:

Marlon Mack, that offense is going to change dramatically in 2 years time.  Brissett isn't the long term answer, you're asking for mediocrity for 2 years IF there is no change.  

Sell all OBJ shares, ONLY IF you get top10 prices for him.  I'm guessing he will always be a "what could of been" type of player right now

Devin Singletary is a sell IMO.  He impressed as a rookie, but he's an outlier that could not pick up the blitz at all in the divisional game.  Again due for mediocrity instead of special.  

Duke Johnson, if someone is still on that train.  He always impresses, and did so at the end of season here (fresh in people's mind), but if you can sell for something of note, do it.  

All 49er's RB's.  Sell.  

That's all I got for now

Just Win Baby said:

I am. Rivers's play fell off dramatically this year. Mike Williams, in my opinion, could be a 1b to Allen's 1a, as opposed to a wr2.

Melvin Gordon is likely gone. T. Williams is a Raider. 

Think there is plenty of room for growth.

Couple those factors with the perception that Williams has thus underperformed and I think he is a relative bargain right now. For me, this is a case where some uncertainly feels like a net positive, more an opportunity than risk. 

Don't get me wrong, it is a hunch and inclination. I'm not going to overpay but I think you could get $1.20 in return for $1 investment. 

Ack88 said:
See, I am of the opposite belief... I love Mike Williams... But I think keeping Gunslinger Phil Rivers & have him heave to him & Keenan Alln all day... especially with Melvin Gordon gone. 

Any QB change will require a reset of the Offense and I don't see the Pass Happy LAC Offense continue with him (2019 LAC was #7 Passing attempts)

I am. Rivers's play fell off dramatically this year. Mike Williams, in my opinion, could be a 1b to Allen's 1a, as opposed to a wr2.

Melvin Gordon is likely gone. T. Williams is a Raider. 

Think there is plenty of room for growth.

Couple those factors with the perception that Williams has thus underperformed and I think he is a relative bargain right now. For me, this is a case where some uncertainly feels like a net positive, more an opportunity than risk. 

Don't get me wrong, it is a hunch and inclination. I'm not going to overpay but I think you could get $1.20 in return for $1 investment. 
Williams is already Allen's 1b. With Rivers this season, he had 1001 yards on 90 targets in 15 games and led the NFL in YPR; he was #1 in average target distance and #20 in target quality rating. With Rivers last season, he had 11 TDs on 73 opportunities.

I think Williams benefits a lot from Rivers, who has always been a QB who trusts his WRs to go up and make a play downfield. Williams does not have great speed and struggles to get separation -- this season, he ranked #105 in cushion and #106 in target separation. These rankings are worse than last season (#77 and #86, respectively), and he did play through an injury this season... but last season's rankings still were not impressive, and he seems to frequently be dealing with injuries.

So I will agree to disagree that he will get an upgrade from another QB. Unless Williams finds a way to get better separation, I seriously doubt he will get the same targets from other QBs that he got from Rivers.

Just Win Baby said:

Yeah, I bought into that in pre-2019 ... sold Mahomes for Rivers, Mayfield and 2 Firsts (both late).  I still believe if LAC keeps him, he can be Top 10 again. 

Zyphros said:
Buy all the TE's you can, especially TE premium.  Ian Thomas, Blake Jarwin, OJ Howard, David Njoku, Dawson Knox, TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly, Jonnu Smith.  
Including Njoku?  

I picked up Kaden Smith NYG & Jeremy Sprinkle WAS to go with Higbee & Waller.  

You know River Boat Ron Rivera loves a good TE!  

Guice should benefit with all the coaching upgrades in DC. If you didn’t watch his games, you missed an elite RB who was obviously snake bitten with injuries but when he played he produced in the running and passing game. 

I hope Isabelle and/or Butler are worth the wait and blossom this year. You have to love the QB and system. Isn’t Fitz likely retiring or has he made statements about coming back? 

Williams is already Allen's 1b. With Rivers this season, he had 1001 yards on 90 targets in 15 games and led the NFL in YPR; he was #1 in average target distance and #20 in target quality rating. With Rivers last season, he had 11 TDs on 73 opportunities.

I think Williams benefits a lot from Rivers, who has always been a QB who trusts his WRs to go up and make a play downfield. Williams does not have great speed and struggles to get separation -- this season, he ranked #105 in cushion and #106 in target separation. These rankings are worse than last season (#77 and #86, respectively), and he did play through an injury this season... but last season's rankings still were not impressive, and he seems to frequently be dealing with injuries.

So I will agree to disagree that he will get an upgrade from another QB. Unless Williams finds a way to get better separation, I seriously doubt he will get the same targets from other QBs that he got from Rivers.
You make some cogent points.

One element to consider- Williams is due for some positive TD regression, scoring only two tds this season.

Feel like while he won't score double digits, like he did two years ago, 7 or 8 TDs are squarely within his range.

If he keeps the same target share, which I see as likely (I Think Gordon and his 57 targets are gone. Yes, they won't all go to Williams, but I think some of those extras come his way).

That alone, IMO makes him a nice buy.

Guice should benefit with all the coaching upgrades in DC. If you didn’t watch his games, you missed an elite RB who was obviously snake bitten with injuries but when he played he produced in the running and passing game. 
What if he gets hurt in his 3rd year?  Will you feel the same?

Just Win Baby said:

ESPN was speculating that Tom Brady might end up with the Chargers.

Maybe that would be a QB upgrade?

I hear what you are saying though and I am not a fan of Williams at all.

Some off the top of my head

J Hurd sf wr - in the ideal Shanahan offense every skill position player can play every spot on the field.  Hurd was a also a rb in college and works well within that mindset.

T Hill no qb - Payton has said this guy is the next Steve Young and while that might never happen there's always the 1% chance that he becomes next year's Lamar Jackson if brees decides to hang them up and Bridgewater moves on.  For what essentially costs a ww add he's worth the pickup.

K Hunt cle rb - at worst you're getting a weekly flex rb.  At best you're getting a rb with top 5 upside.  His price should be around that flex rb spot so buy low.

S Barkley nyg rb - your best spot to buy low was mid-season, but there's still a chance here to get him for less than the three 1sts+ it would have taken you last year.  If you can, do it.

C Godwin tb wr - a size/speed RAC monster, he would excell with a qb who's accurate, but even if he's still stuck with Jamis there's going to be more years like the one that just ended.  Play up the Evans angle and try to get him cheap.

Aging studs can be had. Use 2020 draft capital to buy older WRs: Julio, OBJ, Evans, Adams. I think the luster of this class will help to get some really favorable deals done.

ESPN was speculating that Tom Brady might end up with the Chargers.

Maybe that would be a QB upgrade?

I hear what you are saying though and I am not a fan of Williams at all.
I don't believe there is any real chance of that happening for a few reasons:

1. Brady is presumably smart enough not to finish his career going from a franchise with ownership, front office, and coaching among the best in the NFL to one where all of those things are among the worst.
  2. Brady is presumably smart enough not to go to the team that had PFF's #31 ranked pass blocking in 2019. Not with his style of play and at his age.
  3. At this point, Rivers is better than Brady for 2020, so it wouldn't be a QB upgrade. If the team is not going to move on to their QB of the future with the #6 pick, I see them keeping Rivers. Actually, that is what I think is the most likely scenario.
Also, I am a fan of Williams. I mean, I did not like the draft pick at the time, and he has not lived up to it. But I am a fan. But I think he is and probably always will be a more valuable NFL player than fantasy player.

John Ross - if AJ Green leaves Cincy there are targets to be had and with Burrows as the expected pick, the QB position should be upgraded (after some growing pains)

Drew Sample - Eifert is a FA, Burrows will be the new QB (see above) and Sample was a 2nd round pick last year.  I doubt they spend another high draft pick on a TE. 

I don't believe there is any real chance of that happening for a few reasons:

1. Brady is presumably smart enough not to finish his career going from a franchise with ownership, front office, and coaching among the best in the NFL to one where all of those things are among the worst.
  2. Brady is presumably smart enough not to go to the team that had PFF's #31 ranked pass blocking in 2019. Not with his style of play and at his age.
  3. At this point, Rivers is better than Brady for 2020, so it wouldn't be a QB upgrade. If the team is not going to move on to their QB of the future with the #6 pick, I see them keeping Rivers. Actually, that is what I think is the most likely scenario.
I was with ya till 3. C'mon man. They are both of similar physical skills at this point. You're off your rocker though if you think Brady's decision making isn't miles ahead of Phil. You can still trust Brady to take care of the football.

MAC_32 said:
Based on December's performance and their respective contracts that strikes me as quite the leap. This strikes me as a fleecing someone not really paying attention sorta recommendation. If the Higbee owner possesses such a trait then you should not restrict your pillaging of their roster to just Higbee. And you should intend to be a repeat customer.

If there's a buying recommendation at the Rams TE position then I think it's Everett. And it's because as you mentioned, he's a UFA after 2020. Delayed gratification would be the expectation and there would be some risk since you have no clue where he may go, but as you said Everett was breaking out pre-injury. He just needs to wait for an opportunity again...unless McVay goes heavy 2 TE next season. Something that I think is in the range of potential outcomes given their cap/draft pick situation.
I got the idea because a podcast host was expressing Higbee doubt in favor or Everett.  Maybe he is alone in that thinking. 

John Ross - if AJ Green leaves Cincy there are targets to be had and with Burrows as the expected pick, the QB position should be upgraded (after some growing pains)

Drew Sample - Eifert is a FA, Burrows will be the new QB (see above) and Sample was a 2nd round pick last year.  I doubt they spend another high draft pick on a TE. 
Sample is basically a tackle.  I agree on Ross though. 

Idk about this one. I bought him this year after he had all the hype this training camp and preseason and it didn't work out. I think Moore has a firm hold on the 1 spot.
Moore for sure has it locked up, but I think Samuel is really good in his role too.  Samuel was open a lot, but didn't get the ball due to bad QB play.  I think both can produce, and I don't expect Samuel to overtake Moore. 

Allen left a lot of meat on the bone in that passing offense.  New coaches so I guess we will see. 

I was with ya till 3. C'mon man. They are both of similar physical skills at this point. You're off your rocker though if you think Brady's decision making isn't miles ahead of Phil. You can still trust Brady to take care of the football.
And you can still trust Rivers to have a higher good throw percentage, lower bad throw percentage, and higher YPA. He just ranked better than Brady in all of those things in 2019 despite playing behind a much worse pass blocking OL and playing for a much worse coaching staff.

Interceptions are important but don’t tell the entire story. 

Sample is basically a tackle.
Not sure I agree with that.   His NFL draft comparison is Jack Doyle and his Player Profile comparison is Cameron Brate.  And his combine metrics are better than both those guys (4.71 40 time for example). I’m not saying he’s the next Zack Ertz or Evan Engram but he could be a serviceable backup TE who you can pick up for nothing.   

Cincy scouts see him as more than just a blocker... not saying they are the best judges but you can see their thinking here...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/5/10/18531365/bengals-draft-2019-drew-sample-washington-huskies-football

Not sure I agree with that.   His NFL draft comparison is Jack Doyle and his Player Profile comparison is Cameron Brate.  And his combine metrics are better than both those guys (4.71 40 time for example). I’m not saying he’s the next Zack Ertz or Evan Engram but he could be a serviceable backup TE who you can pick up for nothing.   

Cincy scouts see him as more than just a blocker... not saying they are the best judges but you can see their thinking here...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/5/10/18531365/bengals-draft-2019-drew-sample-washington-huskies-football
Good points.  I wasn't taking shots at his talent as much as saying he is such a good blocker that I think it limits his pass catching opportunities.  He's a better real life player than fantasy player. 

I should not rule out the possibility that he lies dormant for a few years and then Higbees us. 

Users who are viewing this thread