Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
kittenmittens

2020 Dynasty offseason shark moves

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

I like this site better. It shows where the "potential out" may for for a player's contract

OBJ has 2.75 mil dead cap for 2020 if cut

My problem with spotrac is they steal from overthecap. Jason has intentionally put false info out there before just to catch them in the act. I would appreciate a second source to cross reference vs overthecap, but since spotrac has no credibility I wont use them. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

My problem with spotrac is they steal from overthecap. Jason has intentionally put false info out there before just to catch them in the act. I would appreciate a second source to cross reference vs overthecap, but since spotrac has no credibility I wont use them. 

this topic deserves its on thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 11:37 PM, zamboni said:

Too late to sell DJ. I could actually see him as a potential buy if he reunites with Arians in Tampa,  but that's about it.

sold for 2  2nds, and 0 remorse

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 5:47 PM, cloppbeast said:

I'm buying OBJ, I don't care what anybody says. 

I'm not sure about buying, but I sure don't want to sell.  I paid big $ for him in our Dynasty Free Agent auction last year so selling him no means I would have to take 50 cents on the dollar.  So probably the best strategy for him is to hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

My problem with spotrac is they steal from overthecap. Jason has intentionally put false info out there before just to catch them in the act. I would appreciate a second source to cross reference vs overthecap, but since spotrac has no credibility I wont use them. 

So because one site is taking their data from another site and putting that information into a format that is better than the source they took it from you won't use it?

I have no dog in this fight, I just want accurate information formatted in a clear and concise way and I think sportrac does a better job of that than overthecap does.

Edited by Biabreakable
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

So because one site is taking their data from another site and putting that information into a format that is better than the source they took it from you won't use it?

I have no dog in this fight, I just want accurate information formatted in a clear and concise way and I think sportrac does a better job of that than overthecap does.

I can accept well intended mistakes. They lifted false data then posted it without verifying its accuracy. For me, that's a deal breaker. You're free to do whatever you want to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I can accept well intended mistakes. They lifted false data then posted it without verifying its accuracy. For me, that's a deal breaker. You're free to do whatever you want to do. 

So is your issue more about sportracs data validation method? Or that they took the data from another service without first validating it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biabreakable said:

So is your issue more about sportracs data validation method? Or that they took the data from another service without first validating it?

In simplistic terms, I don't trust them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say......can we get back to the purpose of this thread and discuss 2020 Dynasty moves. Thanks all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I like this site better. It shows where the "potential out" may for for a player's contract

OBJ has 2.75 mil dead cap for 2020

So what I'm hearing then, he's not guaranteed to stay in Cleveland. Even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Country Boy said:

I'm not sure about buying, but I sure don't want to sell.  I paid big $ for him in our Dynasty Free Agent auction last year so selling him no means I would have to take 50 cents on the dollar.  So probably the best strategy for him is to hold.

Agreed, I’m not selling he’s too talented. I won the championship this year with him on the bench for most of the year. I plan to win again but with him in my starting rotation.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BigTex said:

Agreed, I’m not selling he’s too talented. I won the championship this year with him on the bench for most of the year. I plan to win again but with him in my starting rotation.

Tex

Our league is a little different format.  We assign contract years to players when we draft or secure them through our free agent auction (Max of 35 years for active roster).  I assigned 4 years to OBJ when I got him in free agency so I only have him for 3 years.  Not concerned with productivity level past 30.  I do look at whether the players value would allow me to move him at the end of the contract period.  I have Zeke for one more year and have the possibility of moving him for a mid 1st and Franchise Cash (what we use for bidding in the auction).  That's the one that is keeping me up at night.

And btw, I played OBJ most of the year expecting him to wake up.  Picked up Drake when one of our teams cut him for contract year cap purposes and started him in the playoffs instead.  The team that cut Drake was the team I played in the finals (my son-in-law). The trophy looks great on my mantle!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

My concern would be by the time he figures it out, or gets to a good team, he could only have 2 prime years left. 

What does he need to figure out? He was one of the best WRs in the league prior to last year and Cleveland was a dumpster fire overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Sure, but he still had 1550 yards and 50 catches.  You'd have to knock him all the way down to 4 touchdowns to make him a RB2 alongside those numbers.

Jones has also been quietly scoring at this rate for 2 years now.  Once every 15 touches in 2019, and once every 17 touches in 2018.  Even as a rookie it was once every 22 touches.

He'd have to drop all the way to once every 32 touches to get down to single digit TDs with the number of touches he got in 2019.  And even at that point it would have left him as RB8 just ahead of the much more highly valued Nick Chubb.

You'd have to drop it all the way to once every 71 touches to get his TD total low enough to make him a fantasy RB2.

Thanks for the info.  I did not look past 2019 - my bad.  I guess I should have looked at more than the fact I tried to trade for him but lost out and was wondering why he is on the market now.  So there is more consistency on his side than I expected or put into my thinking.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 10:59 PM, Dr. Dan said:

buys:

QB: 

Stidham. Everyone is discounting him. Glad to see at least 1 other person on board. 

RB: Mixon. When his OL gets healthy and his QB improves, he could be incredible. 

Guice. Rivera is going to be very good for him

Henderson. Find out if his owner has given up. He still has talent. 

WR: 

Lazard is a good call

Williams absolutely

Isabella. Everyone else will buy Butler, go get the better wr. 

Gallup. I see him as a top 10 wr next year provided cooper walks. 

TE:

Ian Thomas. obvious reasons

Warring. Somehow a lot of people have forgotten about his potential it seems. 

Cameron Brate I actually like given he could be a FA thks year or starting if TB trades Howard. He's dirt cheap

Love the Gallup call

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

 He doesnt report to voluntary practices, so his time in the new offense may be limited.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add Danny Dimes, he’s the QB to grab now. He has a top 3 running back and top 5 TE. They’ll surely bring in some WRs for him to throw to.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Country Boy said:

All indications are the Cowboys will at least use the one time Transition tag on Cooper.

Even if he stays, Gallup is a strong buy in dynasty

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Add Danny Dimes, he’s the QB to grab now. He has a top 3 running back and top 5 TE. They’ll surely bring in some WRs for him to throw to.

Tex

One of the most underrated 2nd year QBs I can think of.

Dude was on pace to finish with 4000 passing yards, 400 rushing yards, and 35 total TDs as a rookie and no one seemed to notice.  And it's not like we're extrapolating out 4 games to 16 here.  That's based on 12 starts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Add Danny Dimes, he’s the QB to grab now. He has a top 3 running back and top 5 TE. They’ll surely bring in some WRs for him to throw to.

Tex

For the 4 games he plays

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FGITLOTR said:

Even if he stays, Gallup is a strong buy in dynasty

Definitely.  I already started getting him at the end of last season 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

One of the most underrated 2nd year QBs I can think of.

Dude was on pace to finish with 4000 passing yards, 400 rushing yards, and 35 total TDs as a rookie and no one seemed to notice.  And it's not like we're extrapolating out 4 games to 16 here.  That's based on 12 starts.

The majority of those stats were put up against 4 terrible defenses.  The other eight games against average / good defenses were pedestrian at best.

Slow your roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

The majority of those stats were put up against 4 terrible defenses.  The other eight games against average / good defenses were pedestrian at best.

Slow your roll.

while we should temper expectations, the NYG def should remain terrible too, adding to shoot out possibilities. I think he is a perfect re-draft backup qb with upside if you wait on your backup. round 14 special

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wgoldsph said:

The majority of those stats were put up against 4 terrible defenses.  The other eight games against average / good defenses were pedestrian at best.

Slow your roll.

Outside of the really elite guys that's kind of how fantasy football typically works.  For instance Aaron Rodgers threw 12 TDs in three games against the Raiders/Chiefs/Giants and was QB31 by PPG in the other 13.

Also what exactly is your definition of "terrible"?  Jones' big games were against the teams that gave up the 16th, 23rd, 24th, 28th most fantasy points to QBs.  Not exactly murderer's row but in a 16 game season you are going to be facing a bunch of teams in that area of the team defense rankings.

If you take out Mahomes' games against the 19th, 20th, 27th, and 28th ranked pass defenses that leaves him as QB22 in ppg in the rest of his games.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

while we should temper expectations, the NYG def should remain terrible too, adding to shoot out possibilities. I think he is a perfect re-draft backup qb with upside if you wait on your backup. round 14 special

 

This is where I think his value is.  A strong qb2

 

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Outside of the really elite guys that's kind of how fantasy football typically works.  For instance Aaron Rodgers threw 12 TDs in three games against the Raiders/Chiefs/Giants and was QB31 by PPG in the other 13.

Also what exactly is your definition of "terrible"?  Jones' big games were against the teams that gave up the 16th, 23rd, 24th, 28th most fantasy points to QBs.  Not exactly murderer's row but in a 16 game season you are going to be facing a bunch of teams in that area of the team defense rankings.

If you take out Mahomes' games against the 19th, 20th, 27th, and 28th ranked pass defenses that leaves him as QB22 in ppg in the rest of his games.

Rodgers had a bad year across the board by his standards and malhomes played most of the year bothered by nagging injuries.

Prorating out Danny Jones stats and saying that's what he's good for - as was done above - is really what I'm arguing against here.  Could he end up being elite if he cuts down on the turnovers?  Sure.  Will he next year?  I'd make a big bet against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm generally a dumpster diver playing in leagues with deep/very deep rosters, so caveat emptor, YMMV, different strokes and all that.  But...

  • Rodney Anderson, Bryce Love, Jerrick McKinnon (for the same reason)
  • OBJ, David Njoku (for the same reason)
  • Ian Thomas, Dawson Knox, Mo Alie-Cox (for the same reason)
  • Marcus Mariota and Nick Foles (in 2QB or Superflex leagues)
  • DJ Moore if you can get someone to flip him for a rookie pick (any rookie pick)
  • AJ Green if you're a contender and his owner wants out
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I'm generally a dumpster diver playing in leagues with deep/very deep rosters, so caveat emptor, YMMV, different strokes and all that.  But...

  • Rodney Anderson, Bryce Love, Jerrick McKinnon (for the same reason)
  • OBJ, David Njoku (for the same reason)
  • Ian Thomas, Dawson Knox, Mo Alie-Cox (for the same reason)
  • Marcus Mariota and Nick Foles (in 2QB or Superflex leagues)
  • DJ Moore if you can get someone to flip him for a rookie pick (any rookie pick)
  • AJ Green if you're a contender and his owner wants out

wut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

wut?

DJ Moore is a WR in Carolina.  He's awesome.  If someone happens to like a rookie pick better than DJ Moore you should do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a lot of the OPs moves and thoughts and read page 1 and liked a lot of comments. I think it largely depends on your team roster. 

2QB league PPR 26 roster 2 IR   start 2QB 3WR, 2RB 1TE, 1W/T 1/W/R 1W/R/T 1K/1TD 2IDP.  all TD 6pt. bonus tiers:  Just finished year 2 of dynasty league and lost in the final.

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Grier

WR: Hopkins, CGodwin, AJBrown, CKirk, MBoykin, HButler, BPerriman, ParrisCampbell, 

RB: Elliott, CHubb, Ronald Jones, Guice, Kerryon Johnson, MBoone, 

TE: Kelce, Engram, HHenry, Goedert, IrvSmith, 

K: Crosby,

DEF: SF, DEN

IDP Kuechly, Deion Jones

Draft Picks #3 overall, #9 Overall, #12 Overall. #23, #29 overall. 

My expected draft strategy: #3 QB2, WR1  #9 QB3, WR2 or RB1,  #12 QB3 WR3 RB3.

Players I'm willing to move: CKIRK, ROJO, KELCE, MAYFIELD, GRIER PERRIMAN, ENGRAM,  Maybe Wilson if I have replacement but unlikely. 

Guys I like:

QBs Assume any young top 7 QB.  Tier 2... prescott? Murray,   Tier3 keep Mayfield,, J Allen,  a top 3 Rookie,  Outside top 10 I think top 20 is really  a value play.  Tannehill looks good legit filler until future comes along.  There will be some guys on new teams ROOKIES and FA QBs.  Winston? Newton   Brady Rivers, Brees?    Look at what happened in NYG.  DEN,  Don't sleep on Chad Kelly, Brett Rypien, Grier, Rosen, Stidham, Easton Stick, Finley sort of crapped out.  Minshew has limited upside from current value. What's Mariota due? Trubisky? Keenum? Haskins? Brisset? Do Raiders move on from Carr? Cousins was decent but started slow. Something about him makes me uneasy to want to build around same with WENTZ. Darnold has upside but not if you over pay. 

WR: I'm looking for angles to acquire MThomas, DJ Moore, Metcalf, ...while keeping Hopkins, Godwin, AJ Brown,   I'm hopeful Hakeem BUTLER pans out. I'm giving a 3yr window for him to develop. We might see flashes but consistency could take time. More I see more I may extend. AZ drafting a WR just because Murray played college ball with them is a weak reason I've seen in mocks.  BUT if it happened I would be concerned about AZ view on Butler's upside.   Miles Boykin I'm hopeful he improves.  Marquise Brown is fast/quick but small and light. He could and has been hurt often but at least he was producing.  I'm bummed Boykin didn't take more advantage of opportunity. Very quiet season. Remaining patient. BAL chose him over Butler though and he's 6'4 220 so if Butler doesn't work out maybe he will. Plus I still have AJ Brown being a beast. I'm excited about Campbell too. Keeping him. he came back from injury and was featured in his first game back I think then got hurt again.  He's fast. 5/10 205 not so lean.  I believe he can produce on that team.  WR and some rush plays.   I was impressed with Deebo Samuel.  Bummed about D Pettis but wonder if a new team would be benefit. I carried him most of last year and this year.  Wouldn't blame guys for Golladay, Gallup, A Cooper, Kupp, Diggs, also see update for NKeal Harry after development window w NE.   There are more. 

RB:  Elliott, CHUBB, Kerryon and Guice... holding them. Drafting a top available  RB most likely with one of my picks.  I have Boone but don't really know his value or upside or may not have the patience over other goals.  Even if I'm wrong....and I think that's a key thing to consider... you can get value for guys that dont' have time to research a player or maybe before they get attached to them. Maybe they're busy thinking about other roster moves and player ___ isn't in their long term plans.   But haven't moved him because someone hasn't spelled it out and made it simple for them so don't be shy.    I learned Josh Allen owner isn't impressed with him. Doesn't know his worth. Doesn't mean I'm write and he's wrong but likely means I won't over pay for upside.   Curious about: Mattison, Pollard, Ekeler, Barkley,  did window on MIXON close second half of the season?   Where's Gordon playing in 2020.   I love Henry and would entertain lateral moves for him. I traded him away in Year 1 for KELCE  and pick early in the season.   RBs in general make me nervous. I try to draft them.  I try to buy and hold underated top tier talent. I'm one of the few guys that had CHUBB in starting line-up week 4 in 2018 when he went 3 Rush for 105yds and 2TDs.   Not sure who the next buy/hold is. Sanders had a solid rookie year.  Montgomery had upside is seems but still quiet. Is anyone being overlooked? 

TE: Kelce, Engram Henry, Goedert, Irv.   I grabbed Jace and flipped him for a 2020 3rd rounder.   I traded KNOX for 2020 3rd rounder.  I didn't grab FANT when I could've because 6 TEs seemed excessive. we can only start 3 and I had other needs and BYE issues. Was tempted but didn't see it.   I drafted IRV SMITH right after HOCKENSON was taken in our draft. I'd still take HOCK.   TARGETS:  KITTLE, HOCKENSON, HOOPER?  If I can Sell KELCE for value. He wasn't dominate like 2018 but super consistent.  He's over 30 also and I feel like there's enough juice and confidence that someone would be stoked to have him place TEs can play long term Look at Witten.  But someone like Kittle  who is a top option in pass game for team or similar would be ideal.  I've seen people discuss: I Thomas,  Sample, Moreau, Knox, Fant, Hock, etc. Consider SEA TE that's healthy, also Firkser,.  if Andrews is a top TE I don't blame you buying in. Waller is older but good though production dropped some after crazy hot start.  SO I would look for young, elite TE consolidation and trades where I can bank future draft picks over roster spots. 

After week 1 the AJ Brown/ Corey Davis, Mariota owner dropped AJ Brown.  I grabbed. Later I got Davis on WW and traded him also.  Engram was picked up off WW by me for 2nd year in a row.  I grabbed P Campbell off WW as well.  Owners in my league are still learning dynasty vs redraft styles and they're not patient and they don't know how to value their draft picks.  BUT They're getting better and usually err on the side of over valuing until I point stuff out to them.  SO what's worked for me is bundle trades.    I traded Sutton/AJEffery for 2020 1st rounder after week 3 with Mahomes owner.   Jeffery 29.  Sutton was more iffy still. Not in my future plans.   That owner was tied with me for first and undefeated 3-0. Seemed like a good deal for late round pick. He finished 8th in an amazing spiral.  I think rather than load up on rookie late round QBs I'll trade my two 3rd in 2020 for 2021 2nd to the owner that has no picks.  Or sign/trade players for future picks.  

I want to bank value. consolidate and reload with prospects and picks. Goal is to be so good at finding sleepers etc that I end up with 6 picks in first 3 rounds of any draft. I had close to that but cashed in a 2nd rounder.  I will continue to hoard value in the form of future draft picks even though it's not always quite = trade value...because I'm flipping WW/FA before other people.   Guys seem more open to trading a 1st round pick early in the season.  Before it's a top 3 etc. 

I'm curious where people value Trevor Lawrence compared to this group.  I think this draft class is much better.   2019 TE class was great.   There are 28-30 solid picks possibly in this draft so if you're not loaded.  and want to trade some veteran players for some 2nd or 3rd round upside it's probably not a terrible idea.  Look for players you can build around. 

I don't know about your leagues. BUT we have to build around QBs first. They dictate trades. Then elite caliber talent at any position. So after QB RB important but too many RBBC and injury and turn over.  So I focus on WR... we can start up to 6 WRs so I want at least 7 but have carried as many as 10.   Wouldn't you know it by hoarding WRs there was need for them.  I didn't have a top 10 WR but took all of the top 15-25 at one point. Lockett, Woods, JEffery, DJMoore, Sutton, Godwin, CKirk, Pettis (2018), Devante Parker, John Ross. ... I will use a similar strategy to continue to hoard value that can keep my starting roster consistent in scoring. 

Once I have a literal dynasty build and future draft picks...I can pick and choose my way to playoffs each year.   I did this by expecting to lose in year 1.  AND only targeting players that were like 24-25 unless elite or starter top option and hopefully under 27  to ensure future playing windows. THat's why I focus on RB last. Once everything else is in place you can insert RB.  ANd the TOP RB is rarely the one from last year but McCaffery did it 2018, 2019  will he do it a 3rd time? If you don't think so sell him for TOP Value. But if you think well top 5 is just fine..That's fine too. It's such a crap shoot with those guys I just don't trust it. I just know you want like 4-5 of them. 

GOOD LUCK!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tonycarpenter said:

I like a lot of the OPs moves and thoughts and read page 1 and liked a lot of comments. I think it largely depends on your team roster. 

2QB league PPR 26 roster 2 IR   start 2QB 3WR, 2RB 1TE, 1W/T 1/W/R 1W/R/T 1K/1TD 2IDP.  all TD 6pt. bonus tiers:  Just finished year 2 of dynasty league and lost in the final.

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Grier

WR: Hopkins, CGodwin, AJBrown, CKirk, MBoykin, HButler, BPerriman, ParrisCampbell, 

RB: Elliott, CHubb, Ronald Jones, Guice, Kerryon Johnson, MBoone, 

TE: Kelce, Engram, HHenry, Goedert, IrvSmith, 

K: Crosby,

DEF: SF, DEN

IDP Kuechly, Deion Jones

Draft Picks #3 overall, #9 Overall, #12 Overall. #23, #29 overall. 

My expected draft strategy: #3 QB2, WR1  #9 QB3, WR2 or RB1,  #12 QB3 WR3 RB3.

Players I'm willing to move: CKIRK, ROJO, KELCE, MAYFIELD, GRIER PERRIMAN, ENGRAM,  Maybe Wilson if I have replacement but unlikely. 

Guys I like:

QBs Assume any young top 7 QB.  Tier 2... prescott? Murray,   Tier3 keep Mayfield,, J Allen,  a top 3 Rookie,  Outside top 10 I think top 20 is really  a value play.  Tannehill looks good legit filler until future comes along.  There will be some guys on new teams ROOKIES and FA QBs.  Winston? Newton   Brady Rivers, Brees?    Look at what happened in NYG.  DEN,  Don't sleep on Chad Kelly, Brett Rypien, Grier, Rosen, Stidham, Easton Stick, Finley sort of crapped out.  Minshew has limited upside from current value. What's Mariota due? Trubisky? Keenum? Haskins? Brisset? Do Raiders move on from Carr? Cousins was decent but started slow. Something about him makes me uneasy to want to build around same with WENTZ. Darnold has upside but not if you over pay. 

WR: I'm looking for angles to acquire MThomas, DJ Moore, Metcalf, ...while keeping Hopkins, Godwin, AJ Brown,   I'm hopeful Hakeem BUTLER pans out. I'm giving a 3yr window for him to develop. We might see flashes but consistency could take time. More I see more I may extend. AZ drafting a WR just because Murray played college ball with them is a weak reason I've seen in mocks.  BUT if it happened I would be concerned about AZ view on Butler's upside.   Miles Boykin I'm hopeful he improves.  Marquise Brown is fast/quick but small and light. He could and has been hurt often but at least he was producing.  I'm bummed Boykin didn't take more advantage of opportunity. Very quiet season. Remaining patient. BAL chose him over Butler though and he's 6'4 220 so if Butler doesn't work out maybe he will. Plus I still have AJ Brown being a beast. I'm excited about Campbell too. Keeping him. he came back from injury and was featured in his first game back I think then got hurt again.  He's fast. 5/10 205 not so lean.  I believe he can produce on that team.  WR and some rush plays.   I was impressed with Deebo Samuel.  Bummed about D Pettis but wonder if a new team would be benefit. I carried him most of last year and this year.  Wouldn't blame guys for Golladay, Gallup, A Cooper, Kupp, Diggs, also see update for NKeal Harry after development window w NE.   There are more. 

RB:  Elliott, CHUBB, Kerryon and Guice... holding them. Drafting a top available  RB most likely with one of my picks.  I have Boone but don't really know his value or upside or may not have the patience over other goals.  Even if I'm wrong....and I think that's a key thing to consider... you can get value for guys that dont' have time to research a player or maybe before they get attached to them. Maybe they're busy thinking about other roster moves and player ___ isn't in their long term plans.   But haven't moved him because someone hasn't spelled it out and made it simple for them so don't be shy.    I learned Josh Allen owner isn't impressed with him. Doesn't know his worth. Doesn't mean I'm write and he's wrong but likely means I won't over pay for upside.   Curious about: Mattison, Pollard, Ekeler, Barkley,  did window on MIXON close second half of the season?   Where's Gordon playing in 2020.   I love Henry and would entertain lateral moves for him. I traded him away in Year 1 for KELCE  and pick early in the season.   RBs in general make me nervous. I try to draft them.  I try to buy and hold underated top tier talent. I'm one of the few guys that had CHUBB in starting line-up week 4 in 2018 when he went 3 Rush for 105yds and 2TDs.   Not sure who the next buy/hold is. Sanders had a solid rookie year.  Montgomery had upside is seems but still quiet. Is anyone being overlooked? 

TE: Kelce, Engram Henry, Goedert, Irv.   I grabbed Jace and flipped him for a 2020 3rd rounder.   I traded KNOX for 2020 3rd rounder.  I didn't grab FANT when I could've because 6 TEs seemed excessive. we can only start 3 and I had other needs and BYE issues. Was tempted but didn't see it.   I drafted IRV SMITH right after HOCKENSON was taken in our draft. I'd still take HOCK.   TARGETS:  KITTLE, HOCKENSON, HOOPER?  If I can Sell KELCE for value. He wasn't dominate like 2018 but super consistent.  He's over 30 also and I feel like there's enough juice and confidence that someone would be stoked to have him place TEs can play long term Look at Witten.  But someone like Kittle  who is a top option in pass game for team or similar would be ideal.  I've seen people discuss: I Thomas,  Sample, Moreau, Knox, Fant, Hock, etc. Consider SEA TE that's healthy, also Firkser,.  if Andrews is a top TE I don't blame you buying in. Waller is older but good though production dropped some after crazy hot start.  SO I would look for young, elite TE consolidation and trades where I can bank future draft picks over roster spots. 

After week 1 the AJ Brown/ Corey Davis, Mariota owner dropped AJ Brown.  I grabbed. Later I got Davis on WW and traded him also.  Engram was picked up off WW by me for 2nd year in a row.  I grabbed P Campbell off WW as well.  Owners in my league are still learning dynasty vs redraft styles and they're not patient and they don't know how to value their draft picks.  BUT They're getting better and usually err on the side of over valuing until I point stuff out to them.  SO what's worked for me is bundle trades.    I traded Sutton/AJEffery for 2020 1st rounder after week 3 with Mahomes owner.   Jeffery 29.  Sutton was more iffy still. Not in my future plans.   That owner was tied with me for first and undefeated 3-0. Seemed like a good deal for late round pick. He finished 8th in an amazing spiral.  I think rather than load up on rookie late round QBs I'll trade my two 3rd in 2020 for 2021 2nd to the owner that has no picks.  Or sign/trade players for future picks.  

I want to bank value. consolidate and reload with prospects and picks. Goal is to be so good at finding sleepers etc that I end up with 6 picks in first 3 rounds of any draft. I had close to that but cashed in a 2nd rounder.  I will continue to hoard value in the form of future draft picks even though it's not always quite = trade value...because I'm flipping WW/FA before other people.   Guys seem more open to trading a 1st round pick early in the season.  Before it's a top 3 etc. 

I'm curious where people value Trevor Lawrence compared to this group.  I think this draft class is much better.   2019 TE class was great.   There are 28-30 solid picks possibly in this draft so if you're not loaded.  and want to trade some veteran players for some 2nd or 3rd round upside it's probably not a terrible idea.  Look for players you can build around. 

I don't know about your leagues. BUT we have to build around QBs first. They dictate trades. Then elite caliber talent at any position. So after QB RB important but too many RBBC and injury and turn over.  So I focus on WR... we can start up to 6 WRs so I want at least 7 but have carried as many as 10.   Wouldn't you know it by hoarding WRs there was need for them.  I didn't have a top 10 WR but took all of the top 15-25 at one point. Lockett, Woods, JEffery, DJMoore, Sutton, Godwin, CKirk, Pettis (2018), Devante Parker, John Ross. ... I will use a similar strategy to continue to hoard value that can keep my starting roster consistent in scoring. 

Once I have a literal dynasty build and future draft picks...I can pick and choose my way to playoffs each year.   I did this by expecting to lose in year 1.  AND only targeting players that were like 24-25 unless elite or starter top option and hopefully under 27  to ensure future playing windows. THat's why I focus on RB last. Once everything else is in place you can insert RB.  ANd the TOP RB is rarely the one from last year but McCaffery did it 2018, 2019  will he do it a 3rd time? If you don't think so sell him for TOP Value. But if you think well top 5 is just fine..That's fine too. It's such a crap shoot with those guys I just don't trust it. I just know you want like 4-5 of them. 

GOOD LUCK!

 

 

 

That sure is a mouth full.  My advice is not to build around last year's stats.  Know the players, opportunity, and offensive scheme and how it looks for said player going forward.  Add QB situation for WRs, whether it looks permanent or future QB projections. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Tyler Boyd is good bye right now considering Burrow throwing him the ball going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tonycarpenter said:

I don't know about your leagues. BUT we have to build around QBs first. They dictate trades. Then elite caliber talent at any position. So after QB RB important but too many RBBC and injury and turn over.  So I focus on WR... we can start up to 6 WRs so I want at least 7 but have carried as many as 10.   Wouldn't you know it by hoarding WRs there was need for them.  I didn't have a top 10 WR but took all of the top 15-25 at one point. Lockett, Woods, JEffery, DJMoore, Sutton, Godwin, CKirk, Pettis (2018), Devante Parker, John Ross. ... I will use a similar strategy to continue to hoard value that can keep my starting roster consistent in scoring. 

I think it is a good strategy to focus on adding WR talent as much as possible. Their careers tend to last the longest and people are always looking for WR who can help them. So being overbalanced with WR isn't really a problem. You can move WR for other positions as needed.

I would keep using the same strategy until your roster gets stacked, then make your move for a top RB to complete it and make a run.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, DK Metcalf. Are you guys serious? Those WRs are going to be super expensive now. Maybe you can find a scared DJ Moore owner who doesn't know what qb Carolina will have, but these guys are trending towards very valuable commodities.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Dynasty/Keeper league, can keep 2 of the following:

* Deebo Samuel

* AJ Brown

* DK Metcalf

Which 2 would you keep for the 2020 season? Thanks, and reasoning is appreciated and helpful to others I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robb said:

A Dynasty/Keeper league, can keep 2 of the following:

* Deebo Samuel

* AJ Brown

* DK Metcalf

Which 2 would you keep for the 2020 season? Thanks, and reasoning is appreciated and helpful to others I hope.

Very tough. I think you have to take AJ Brown, then flip a coin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, robb said:

A Dynasty/Keeper league, can keep 2 of the following:

* Deebo Samuel

* AJ Brown

* DK Metcalf

Which 2 would you keep for the 2020 season? Thanks, and reasoning is appreciated and helpful to others I hope.

Dynasty league?  and only can keep 2???  If so, not a dynasty league.   with the three as of this moment, my selections would be Brown and Metcalf... and trade Samuel.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, robb said:

A Dynasty/Keeper league, can keep 2 of the following:

* Deebo Samuel

* AJ Brown

* DK Metcalf

Which 2 would you keep for the 2020 season? Thanks, and reasoning is appreciated and helpful to others I hope.

I love Deebo, but I’d keep Brown and Metcalf

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, DK Metcalf. Are you guys serious? Those WRs are going to be super expensive now. Maybe you can find a scared DJ Moore owner who doesn't know what qb Carolina will have, but these guys are trending towards very valuable commodities.

I don't think Boyd has the same allure that the other two have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tonycarpenter said:

2QB league PPR 26 roster 2 IR   start 2QB 3WR, 2RB 1TE, 1W/T 1/W/R 1W/R/T 1K/1TD 2IDP.  all TD 6pt. bonus tiers:  Just finished year 2 of dynasty league and lost in the final.

QBs: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, Grier

My expected draft strategy: #3 QB2, WR1  #9 QB3, WR2 or RB1,  #12 QB3 WR3 RB3.

I think you should be focusing entirely on RB or WR with your draft picks unless someone special falls into your lap.  You're already set at QB and have glaring needs at the other two positions based on your starter requirements.
If you are looking at taking a QB solely for resale value, then that's a fine play.  But your roster doesn't need you to spend one of those premium picks on a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I don't think Boyd has the same allure that the other two have.

I agree with you if you made a trade at the end of the year. But assuming AJ Green signs with another team and they draft Burrow at 1.1, I think he gains a lot of steam. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thriftyrocker said:

I agree with you if you made a trade at the end of the year. But assuming AJ Green signs with another team and they draft Burrow at 1.1, I think he gains a lot of steam. 

How much, realistically?  FantasyPros have him ranked as WR27 right now.  That seems about right, and he will probably fall around WR33 after the 2020 rookies are placed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

How much, realistically?  FantasyPros have him ranked as WR27 right now.  That seems about right, and he will probably fall around WR33 after the 2020 rookies are placed.

On ADP data I see him at WR28 and 54 overall, similar to what FantasyPros has (before rookies are added). I could see him jumping to about 40th overall. No reason for him to be behind Harry, Kirk, and Cooks. I would prefer him to McLaurin, Thielen, and maybe Chark, but probably a minority view. I could definitely see him putting up WR1 numbers next year and jumping a few other guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thriftyrocker said:

I could see him jumping to about 40th overall.

Maybe during the 2020 season, but I think that’s highly unlikely during the off-season. Great buy low opportunity if you like him to rise that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 1:40 PM, kittenmittens said:

Yeah it might not work out depending on your league mates.  I wouldn't sell just to sell, need to get something very good coming back. 

Most of my leagues are superflex, and Jones is really close to Moore and Juju in the dynasty value calculators.  I think you can get something done if you sweeten it a bit. 

It seems to me that if his value is so low compared to his production, that the shark move is to acquire him, not sell him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tornacl said:

It seems to me that if his value is so low compared to his production, that the shark move is to acquire him, not sell him.

Sure if it's cheap enough, but most likely you're buying him from somebody who realizes his value will never be higher than it is right now. Even if he has a huge year next year he will be old for an RB and that will hurt his value - it probably already is.  If he was 23 would we be saying his trade value isnt where it should be in some leagues? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a 14 team league and I've accumulated 1.02, 1.08, 1.14 (mine, I won the league!) and 2.01.  Question, would you rather use all 4 picks or possibly trade a couple of picks to get another top 5 pick?  Not a "who do I start" type of question but rather would you rather have quantity or quality in this draft?

Edited by Country Boy
Fixed a typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.