What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Keeper Advice (Keep 4) (1 Viewer)

rschroeder1

Footballguy
I don't have to select keepers until August 2020, but I have found it's helpful to understand people's perspectives about players now before the churn of the draft and the offseason.  Helps me to identify my own biases and what I think might be overvaluing/undervaluing.  Your input is greatly appreciated!

League info:  12 teams, 17 roster spots, snake draft, my 2020 draft position = 10th.

Positions:  QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE

Keeper info: up to 4 keepers per team.  Keeper value = 1 draft round higher than the previous year.  You can keep a player through their value as a first-round pick.

2019 Final Roster (2020 Draft Round Value)
Keenan Allen (1)
Austin Ekeler (2)
Matt Brieda (4)
Matt Ryan (5)
Marlon Mack (6) (2019 keeper)
Cooper Kupp (7) (2019 keeper)
Devin Singletary (8)
Justin Jackson (8)
Devonta Freeman (10) (2019 keeper)
Ito Smith (11)
Chase Edmonds (12)
Dallas Goedert (12)
Ryquell Armstead (12)
Darren Waller (13)
Juju Smith-Schuster (16) (2019 keeper)
JJ Arcega-Whiteside (16)
Reggie Bonnafon (17)

My initial plan:  Juju is obvious.  If Singletary enters the 2020 season as the lead back, he's tremendous value at 8, with RB at an absolute premium due to keepers.  I still like Kupp, despite his declining usage down the stretch.

Don't know what to do about Waller - OAK is bound to improve at WR, and the QB situation is up in the air.  Also not sure about Mack.  At the end of the season, the numbers are there, but his absolute lack of involvement in the passing game makes me wonder if I'm using a keeper spot for too low of a ceiling.

Is Ekeler worth it as a 2nd round pick if he's the guy at LAC?  There's value in the guarantee I have him, but his round value would probably be low 1st/high 2nd next year anyways, i.e. I'm not gaining keeper round value on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would plan on Juju, Singletary, and Kupp.  There are too many questions surrounding the other guys to make a decision today.  I would not keep Ekeler since you have an early 2nd round pick.  I think you can probably get him in that spot regardless.  I would watch Freeman, Waller, and Goedert situations.  They would be battling for my last keeper spot. 

JuJu 16 

Waller 13

Freeman 10

Singletary 8

I'd be looking at Goedert 12 before Kupp 7 or Mack 6 as replacements if needed.  

JuJu, Singletary, Kupp, Waller as of right now,   Goedert would be the exchange for Waller, and Freeman would the the other option...but knowing you need to start a TE, I would be leaning that way. 

Users who are viewing this thread