Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Ministry of Pain

Should Jadeveon Clowney be suspended vs Green Bay? Entire Playoffs?

Should Clowney face suspension this season in the playoffs?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a Seahawks fan and I thought it was a little dirty.  As someone mentioned, Clowney had a free shot at a QB, and he took it.  If the helmets had not made contact, and only the shoulder, we probably wouldn't be talking about it.  And it may have had the same outcome.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, killface said:

I miss the days when a win was a win and instead of pages of people whining about every call 

Then don’t bother coming into a football thread discussing weather one particular play is dirty or not.   Nobody is forcing you to participate in the thread.  

I rarely post in game threads because of that reason but this is a thread discussing one play. You knew it by the title. 

His helmet ended up hitting Wentz helmet.  I certainly can't tell intent from that video and the fact that he started his dive before Wentz was down.

As an aside, if QBs don't want to get hit, they should slide feet first.  If Clowney would have hit Wentz in the helmet from the front as he was sliding feet first and giving himself up, this would be an entirely different discussion.

• Like 2

Don't have a dog in the fight....

Seemed very mild to me.  I mean he kind of lowers his head at the last second I guess, but it didn't look like much to me.....it wasn't even flagged!  I think since Carson "glass Joe" wentz was hurt, everyone is making out to be so much worse than it was.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Manster said:

Don't have a dog in the fight....

Seemed very mild to me.  I mean he kind of lowers his head at the last second I guess, but it didn't look like much to me.....it wasn't even flagged!  I think since Carson "glass Joe" wentz was hurt, everyone is making out to be so much worse than it was.

Yep. Results based outrage. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, efactor said:

Then don’t bother coming into a football thread discussing weather one particular play is dirty or not.   Nobody is forcing you to participate in the thread.  

I rarely post in game threads because of that reason but this is a thread discussing one play. You knew it by the title. 

I came in because i wanted to make my point.  My friends who are eagles fans will not stop crying in pretty much every way they can.  Same with my saints friends

I miss less controversy.  The calls aren't any worse than they used to be, the over consumption is

Edited by killface
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

15 minutes ago, SEA425 said:

Yep. Results based outrage. 

Isn't it almost always results based outrage?

My friends who are saints fans can't stop crying about the Rudolph catch.  If that call went the other way then Minn wouldn't stop crying.  You can't win on these things...

The main takeway is why are adults crying over a game?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I find it odd that the pro suspension minority crowd hasn't yet commented on the hit I previously linked.  This hit from week 2 didn't warrant an after the fact suspension (or real time flag):

https://twitter.com/CDonnick3/status/1173320661500121090

Discuss again how Clowney's hit in the regular season would be an automatic suspension and Wilson always get's penalties when he's barely touched. 

Edited by Dinkle Heimer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewer said:

His helmet ended up hitting Wentz helmet.  I certainly can't tell intent from that video and the fact that he started his dive before Wentz was down.

As an aside, if QBs don't want to get hit, they should slide feet first.  If Clowney would have hit Wentz in the helmet from the front as he was sliding feet first and giving himself up, this would be an entirely different discussion.

From the video, my impression was Wentz head was "bouncing back up" toward Clowney and this was the issue, not Clowney coming in to make sure he did not escape the 1st tackler.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dinkle Heimer said:

I find it odd that the pro suspension minority crowd hasn't yet commented on the hit I previously linked.  This hit from week 2 didn't warrant an after the fact suspension (or real time flag):

Discuss again how Clowney's hit in the regular season would be an automatic suspension and Wilson always get's penalties when he's barely touched. 

Still waiting for you to show us links from the 2 times Wilson was "drilled" in the last 49er game.  But since they don't exist, I won't hold my breath.

Also, the first time you posted this, there was no link to click on, so there's that.

Wilson did get "drilled" on this play.  That's the definition of "drilled" you are searching for...................

41 minutes ago, killface said:

I came in because i wanted to make my point.  My friends who are eagles fans will not stop crying in pretty much every way they can.  Same with my saints friends

I miss less controversy.  The calls aren't any worse than they used to be, the over consumption is

I do find it interesting that Eagle fans seem invested in the win and moving on when they are so injured and so unlikely to have ultimate success, yet there it is, we fans hold tight to our dreams no matter the improbable.  I guess we want all of our opportunities.  I suppose I am as guilty of this as any.

5 minutes ago, efactor said:

Still waiting for you to show us links from the 2 times Wilson was "drilled" in the last 49er game.  But since they don't exist, I won't hold my breath.

Also, the first time you posted this, there was no link to click on, so there's that.

Wilson did get "drilled" on this play.  That's the definition of "drilled" you are searching for...................

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/nynwr/this_pretty_much_sums_up_rex_grossmans_career/

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, Anarchy99 said:

I thought it was fine as a no call . . . so a suspension would be overkill and unwarranted. Not every hit on every play can be fully regulated. It was a bang bang play and Clowney's helmet happened to contact Wentz' helmet. Clowney led with his shoulder and was going to hit Wentz in the back. At the last second, Wentz' back and shoulder dip and his head elevates slightly.

That caused Clowney to hit him in the helmet instead of the back / shoulder. Both players momentum were heading away from the LOS and both were on their way down to the ground . . . that's a lot different than the two of them running directly at each other. Playing it in slow motion doesn't do the play justice, as in real time I don't think there was anything Clowney could have done differently. Clowney had already left his feet . . . how was he supposed to be able to predict the exact positioning Wentz would end up in?

If anything, I put more blame on Wentz. If you don't want to get hit, then slide like you are supposed to when by rule you can't get hit. He became a runner by going head first, so he lost the protection of being a QB and sliding to avoid contact. It's unfortunate that he got knocked out, but football is still a full contact game (well, sometimes).

You are actually wrong about the QB having to slide to get protection:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/nfl-rules-will-now-treat-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/

The Eagles encountered this earlier this season when Wentz dove for a first down, and was marked short where he started his dive.

3 minutes ago, dhockster said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/nfl-rules-will-now-treat-head-first-dives-like-feet-first-slides/

The Eagles encountered this earlier this season when Wentz dove for a first down, and was marked short where he started his dive.

And Wentz was not just tackled falling forward, he made a legitimate dive on the Clowney play.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dinkle Heimer said:

Should have been a penalty but that was in the act of throwing. Not getting a shot on a player already going to the ground that rests in bouncing his head off the turf. 

Edited by Insein
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dhockster said:

I don't know if there are conflicting rules or differences of interpretation. I have seen QB's considered "giving themselves up" and sliding (either head first or feet first). in which case the ball will revert to the start of the slide or dive. But I rarely have seen a QB get extended additional protection when actively running and engaging a defender. In those cases, the ball is typically spotted where forward progress stops . . . even if it is a last gasp dive to gain a few extra feet. Maybe that is a judgment call for the official to make. But I haven't seen a QB lunge on a dive for a first down and then have the ball brought back (not saying it's never happened . . . just haven't seen it). Technically speaking, if that were the case, most QB sneaks would have to come back to the point where the QB first started reaching the ball out.

1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

I don't know if there are conflicting rules or differences of interpretation. I have seen QB's considered "giving themselves up" and sliding (either head first or feet first). in which case the ball will revert to the start of the slide or dive. But I rarely have seen a QB get extended additional protection when actively running and engaging a defender. In those cases, the ball is typically spotted where forward progress stops . . . even if it is a last gasp dive to gain a few extra feet. Maybe that is a judgment call for the official to make. But I haven't seen a QB lunge on a dive for a first down and then have the ball brought back (not saying it's never happened . . . just haven't seen it). Technically speaking, if that were the case, most QB sneaks would have to come back to the point where the QB first started reaching the ball out.

What you are describing is actually what happened to Wentz earlier this season. He dove for the first down and his forward progress would have given it to him, but the refs ruled he was short because they marked it from where he started his head first dive.

1 minute ago, dhockster said:

What you are describing is actually what happened to Wentz earlier this season. He dove for the first down and his forward progress would have given it to him, but the refs ruled he was short because they marked it from where he started his head first dive.

Like I said, I personally haven't seen a play called that way. Certainly doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Obviously I did not see the play you are describing.

5 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Like I said, I personally haven't seen a play called that way. Certainly doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Obviously I did not see the play you are describing.

Actually, the linked article clears it up a little bit. In the game against Atlanta earlier this year, Carson dove and when his knee hit, the ball was short of the end zone, however, he made it to the end zone before he was touched by a defender, but the refs marked the ball where it was when his knee hit.

In the play where Clowney hit Wentz, Carson's knee hits the ground just before Clowney hits him with his helmet. Hard to fault Clowney for the hit being a little late, but definitely fault for leading with his head toward's the head of another player.

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/kryk-wentzs-non-td-td-dive-forewarns-colossal-nfl-rules-controversy

This link shows the play against Atlanta:

https://www.12up.com/posts/carson-wentz-clip-from-week-2-proves-refs-explanation-for-jadeveon-clowney-hit-was-bs-video-01dxxkw50ej6

But to your original point, Wentz does put himself more at risk for injury by diving forward to get more yards. I think it is hard for him to get out of this habit because of his competitive nature.

5 hours ago, dhockster said:

This link shows the play against Atlanta:

https://www.12up.com/posts/carson-wentz-clip-from-week-2-proves-refs-explanation-for-jadeveon-clowney-hit-was-bs-video-01dxxkw50ej6

But to your original point, Wentz does put himself more at risk for injury by diving forward to get more yards. I think it is hard for him to get out of this habit because of his competitive nature.

Big Ben was the same way for most of his career.  He was pretty injury prone at times.  There are pros and cons to that style of play from a QB.  I just don't think it's prudent to try to change the way Wentz plays his game.  

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, dhockster said:

And Wentz was not just tackled falling forward, he made a legitimate dive on the Clowney play.

Right, he dove to get more yards as he was going down from the tackle. No one actually thinks that’s the same thing as a qb voluntarily diving in the open field right? Like the Atl play referenced was a debatable call but for entirely different reasons. It has no bearing on this play and the author of the article sounds kinda dumb for saying Eagles fans should be pissed because of that play.

Really sucks Wentz got hurt. He should have thrown the ball away as soon as he looked upfield and saw the defender there but I guess he thought he could cut around him and get a few yards. I’ve seen Eagles fans defend Wentz, saying he really didn’t have an opportunity to protect himself since he was falling down without the opportunity to slide. Well yeah once he engaged the defender he had no chance to slide. The opportunity to protect himself was before he even started to run upfield.

Edited by Cobbler1

24 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

NFL could punish for Brutal Hit!

Interesting, so the media does think Goodell needs to take a look at this perhaps. 

I mean I’m sure some members of the media think Goodell should take a look but that article doesn’t say that. All that article is doing is saying that the NFL is taking a look at it. Also says that likely punishment for Clowney would be a fine.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, Anarchy99 said:

I saw the play in question...  Ironically, it was the first thing I thought of when the words "common sense" were invoked after the ruling on the Texans/Bills kick-off controversy.   Wentz, in the play earlier this season, clearly wasn't giving himself up as he dove toward the goal line.  However, the ruling that he gave himself up by diving seemed to be another case of the NFL's desire to take subjectivity out of the calls - at the expense of common sense.

8 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

Right, he dove to get more yards as he was going down from the tackle. No one actually thinks that’s the same thing as a qb voluntarily diving in the open field right? Like the Atl play referenced was a debatable call but for entirely different reasons. It has no bearing on this play and the author of the article sounds kinda dumb for saying Eagles fans should be pissed because of that play.

Really sucks Wentz got hurt. He should have thrown the ball away as soon as he looked upfield and saw the defender there but I guess he thought he could cut around him and get a few yards. I’ve seen Eagles fans defend Wentz, saying he really didn’t have an opportunity to protect himself since he was falling down without the opportunity to slide. Well yeah once he engaged the defender he had no chance to slide. The opportunity to protect himself was before he even started to run upfield.

He dove for more yards... he should have thrown the ball away.  How do you blame Wentz?   Clowney shouldn't have hit him in the back/head when he was on the ground.   Sucks that he got hurt?  What do you expect to happen when a 250+ pound guy drives his shoulder/head into your back?  It's just bad luck?

2 minutes ago, DropKick said:

He dove for more yards... he should have thrown the ball away.  How do you blame Wentz?   Clowney shouldn't have hit him in the back/head when he was on the ground.   Sucks that he got hurt?  What do you expect to happen when a 250+ pound guy drives his shoulder/head into your back?  It's just bad luck?

He wasn't on the ground, he was diving for more yards. 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 2:36 PM, Warhogs said:

I will add that as the topic is written and I am commissioner the last thing I want to do is suspend star players from playoff games. A fine is probably in order. I would maybe suspend him a game if it was the regular season. I would not suspend him from a playoff game.

I am on the fence here.  Clowney knocked out the starting QB and the most important player on Philly with a dirty hit.  It ruined a very important playoff game for Philly. 

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, SEA425 said:

He wasn't on the ground, he was diving for more yards

Nice rationalization...  When Clowney rams him in the back, his knees and elbow are on the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, DropKick said:

Nice rationalization...  When Clowney rams him in the back, his knees and elbow are on the ground. 

We've gone over this, it is clear Clowney initiates his tackle while Wentz is still in the air diving.

2 hours ago, SEA425 said:

We've gone over this, it is clear Clowney initiates his tackle while Wentz is still in the air diving.

Delusional much?  Wentz is 3 inches from the ground when Clowney cheap shots him.  Wentz was going to the ground, not “diving”.  

1 hour ago, efactor said:

Delusional much?  Wentz is 3 inches from the ground when Clowney cheap shots him.  Wentz was going to the ground, not “diving”.  

The majority here disagree with your analysis.  Including myself.  Are you a Philly or SF fan?

My opinion:  Cheap shot.  Fined and suspended one playoff game.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, DropKick said:

I think it’s pretty clear that I never blamed Wentz for anything Clowney did. The fault in Wentz lies in that when he looked upfield after seeing the screen wasn’t there, there was a defender staring right at him. He was 9 yards behind the LOS of scrimmage and clear of the pocket, 5 minutes into the game. He 100% should have thrown that ball 5 rows deep and started over on 2nd and 10. Once he chose to engage the defender he put himself at risk of being hit hard by one of the 250+ lb defenders who are being paid to hit him hard. So no, it’s not bad luck. It was a poor decision that hopefully Wentz will learn from.

The hit itself is a different story. My thoughts are that it clearly wasn’t late. And that Wentz had clearly forfeited his protection as a qb. That said Clowney is responsible for where his helmet goes. I could have seen an unnecessary roughness penalty. And sure I guess a fine. But a suspension? No way.

• Like 3

I think one of the problems for the NFL in trying to protect the QB, is that the defense will always see a running QB as an opportunity to try and knock the QB out of the game. They will take as hard a shot as they can on the QB because knocking a QB out of the game has tremendous benefits for the opposing team. That is why you see so many defenders called for late hits on sliding QB's because they are in an all out sprint to get to the QB to hit him, and can't stop themselves when the QB slides at the last second. My guess is that if a RB were carrying the ball on the play Wentz made, Clowney is probably not diving to him hit as the runner was already going down. 

As Cobbler is saying, I think Wentz needs to recognize this, and change his game so he doesn't put himself at much at risk. 

Clowney should be fined for his hit (and probably should have been penalized in the game), but I don't think a suspension is warranted.

IMO, the All 22 perspective of the play better shows that Clowney was following the play and didn't appear to hit Wentz all that late (if at all). Wentz get brought down by the ankles. How many times have we seen a QB get out of that, regain his balance, and keep moving down the field. Clowney is running right into the path that Wentz took. Clowney's momentum is moving forward and he goes airborne. Where is he supposed to go to avoid contact with Wentz? The whistle hadn't blown yet. If defenders didn't track the ball and try to finish off a runner, there is always a chance the runner can break free or stagger for a few more yards. This happens on almost every play to RB and WR. People could argue that Clowney shouldn't have tried to take him down by leading with his shoulder (which isn't against the rules). As it turns out, Wentz turns at the last second. I just don't see how Clowney had the time to figure out where Wentz's head was going to be to try to hit him in the head (ie, an intentional dirty hit), and I similarly don't see a way that Clowney had any time to try to avoid hitting him in the head. But maybe that's just me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shawnky said:

The majority here disagree with your analysis.  Including myself.  Are you a Philly or SF fan?

Very scientific poll that proves your point and since you agree, it adds extra credence.  lol

49er fan, but what does that have to do with anything?  Unless you are saying that anybody who comes to the correct conclusion that it was a cheap shot by a guy who is known to cheap shot QBs, is only doing so because they are either a Philly or SF fan.    Interesting take.

3 minutes ago, efactor said:

49er fan, but what does that have to do with anything?  Unless you are saying that anybody who comes to the correct conclusion that it was a cheap shot by a guy who is known to cheap shot QBs, is only doing so because they are either a Philly or SF fan.    Interesting take.

It's not interesting. It's observing bias. Dude, you have a SF fan that called you out as an obnoxious tool. I can't remember which thread, but I distinctly remember a SF fan pointing out that they were surprised that you haven't been banned or suspended. Are you completely blind to  your own bias and homerism? Are you really going to make the argument that you're completely objective?

I fully acknowledge that I'm a Seattle homer, but I try to be objective. I was the guy asking I Am The Scientist to leave all the time. I loathed that guy and freely admit he was a complete tool. 

• Thinking 1

Just now, Hooper31 said:

It's not interesting. It's observing bias. Dude, you have a SF fan that called you out as an obnoxious tool. I can't remember which thread, but I distinctly remember a SF fan pointing out that they were surprised that you haven't been banned or suspended. Are you completely blind to  your own bias and homerism? Are you really going to make the argument that you're completely objective?

I fully acknowledge that I'm a Seattle homer, but I try to be objective. I was the guy asking I Am The Scientist to leave all the time. I loathed that guy and freely admit he was a complete tool. 

Actually, no I didn't.  That was another poster.  Nice try though.

But feel free to look through the 49er thread and find any "blind homer" takes from me.  Optimistic, yes.  Homer, sure.  "Blind Homer", no.

If it was a "blatant cheap shot," as the shrieking minority here contends, the NFL will surely suspend Clowney before the Packer game.  No-one gets away with obvious cheap shots on the QB in the present day NFL.  I'm sure Seattle is game planning as if Clowney will not play.  When the NFL announces Clowney's inevitable suspension later today; those in the overwhelming majority will realize the error of their opinion.  Those few who were correct; will have proven that only they can see the truth; and are without an ounce of blind homer bias. 

48 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

IMO, the All 22 perspective of the play better shows that Clowney was following the play and didn't appear to hit Wentz all that late (if at all). Wentz get brought down by the ankles. How many times have we seen a QB get out of that, regain his balance, and keep moving down the field. Clowney is running right into the path that Wentz took. Clowney's momentum is moving forward and he goes airborne. Where is he supposed to go to avoid contact with Wentz? The whistle hadn't blown yet. If defenders didn't track the ball and try to finish off a runner, there is always a chance the runner can break free or stagger for a few more yards. This happens on almost every play to RB and WR. People could argue that Clowney shouldn't have tried to take him down by leading with his shoulder (which isn't against the rules). As it turns out, Wentz turns at the last second. I just don't see how Clowney had the time to figure out where Wentz's head was going to be to try to hit him in the head (ie, an intentional dirty hit), and I similarly don't see a way that Clowney had any time to try to avoid hitting him in the head. But maybe that's just me.

This was exactly my take a page or two ago. Some people are too emotionally invested in the outcome to see the objective truth. 

1 minute ago, SEA425 said:

This was exactly my take a page or two ago. Some people are too emotionally invested in the outcome to see the objective truth. 

Or some people are "blind" homers and cannot look at it objectively and see the blatant cheap shot that it was.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  If those who think it was a cheap shot can be accused of being Philly or 49er homers, let's make it work both ways.

Actually, no I didn't.  That was another poster.  Nice try though.

But feel free to look through the 49er thread and find any "blind homer" takes from me.  Optimistic, yes.  Homer, sure.  "Blind Homer", no.

You're 100% correct. It was another poster. Here's a link to the specific post. My apologies. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783224-should-jadeveon-clowney-be-suspended-vs-green-bay-entire-playoffs/?do=findComment&comment=22423358

Would you agree this other poster provides evidence of why its not interesting, but inevitable? Every team has insane blind homer fans that are obnoxious tools online. The fanbase of any team is no worse or better than others. The anonymity makes them unbearable. Again, we had one that was (in my opinion) one of the worst in a guy named I Am The Scientist. He doesn't represent all Seattle fans just like the dude referenced in that link doesn't represent all 49er fans. 

• Like 1

Or some people are "blind" homers and cannot look at it objectively and see the blatant cheap shot that it was.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  If those who think it was a cheap shot can be accused of being Philly or 49er homers, let's make it work both ways.

I don't believe I called anyone blind homers, not sure why a couple people can't stop with the pot shots. We don't have to agree, but you don't have to be insulting either. 

7 minutes ago, SEA425 said:

I don't believe I called anyone blind homers, not sure why a couple people can't stop with the pot shots. We don't have to agree, but you don't have to be insulting either. 

I offended him. That's on me. I've since apologized.

they should fine Wentz for his girly QB dive. why is it that RBs and WR's take hits all day long but a QB doesn't want to break a fingernail so he takes a dive. 

shouldn't be a fine or suspension for Clowney. these QBs get treated with kid gloves - watch any NE game and you'll know what i mean.oh someone looked at brady wrong? 15 yards and a $50k fine.

Deacon Jones and LT and Charles Haley took peoples heads off - repeatedly, on a weekly basis - and no one complained. 

take away the QB dive.they should be treated as every other player with the ball in their hands , running like that.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hooper31 said:

You're 100% correct. It was another poster. Here's a link to the specific post. My apologies. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/783224-should-jadeveon-clowney-be-suspended-vs-green-bay-entire-playoffs/?do=findComment&comment=22423358

Would you agree this other poster provides evidence of why its not interesting, but inevitable? Every team has insane blind homer fans that are obnoxious tools online. The fanbase of any team is no worse or better than others. The anonymity makes them unbearable. Again, we had one that was (in my opinion) one of the worst in a guy named I Am The Scientist. He doesn't represent all Seattle fans just like the dude referenced in that link doesn't represent all 49er fans. 

I agree that most fans are cool for the most part.  Seattle/SF rivalry is pretty intense, which I enjoy.  A lot of 49er fans who post here and on the larger forums are pretty negative overall.  Sometimes I wonder how they can possibly enjoy the games, but hey, to each his own.  

Woman who works the front desk at my office is a huge Seahawk fan (her husband and dad are huge 49ers fans ironically) and we have a good back and forth every Monday during the season.  We can talk about the game without trashing the other team.  Kind of refreshing.

Edited by efactor

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

they should fine Wentz for his girly QB dive. why is it that RBs and WR's take hits all day long but a QB doesn't want to break a fingernail so he takes a dive. 

In a round about way, I agree with you here.

I think the sliding rule is fine behind the line of scrimmage, but I don't think that once they become a runner, they deserve to be protected past the line of scrimmage.  A QB shouldn't be able to make a 15 yard run and then fall to the ground and the play stops,   especially, since defensive players are in the position of having to pull up before the slide actually starts in order to avoid contact.  Sucks when a defensive player pulls up and then the QB doesn't slide, turns upfield and picks up a few more yards.  Or my real pet peeve where they head for the sideline, defensive player pulls up and then the QB reaches the ball out to pick up a few more yards.  

When SF played the Ravens, SF was flagged for a late hit on Jackson as he going out of bounds.  Officials got together and they ended up picking up the flag because Jackson was still in bounds, but Harbaugh was going nuts.  You can't have a QB that plays like a RB and expect defenses to treat him like Brady or Brees.

But it is what it is, so if you are going to protect the QB, it has to be consistent.  

Edited by efactor

1 hour ago, SEA425 said:

I was just messing around.  Not aimed at you specifically.  Sorry about that.

• Thanks 1