What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Iran attacks US base in Iraq (1 Viewer)

I assume this will devolve into petty political nonsense pdq.

Before it does, Wishing those brave men and women serving over there, along with civilians, safety, health and a rapid end to the hostilities.
Yeah, I even debated posting it. 

Needs to be moved to the political forum ASAP.  A political #### show will begin here in 5...4...3...2...1...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I even debated posting it. 
Worthy of discussion and our utmost concern, so I hope I'm proved wrong.

I live in NYC, and ever since that assassination, I've been checking into the news way more frequently just in case something happens here and I have to get to my kids quickly.

Worthy of discussion and our utmost concern, so I hope I'm proved wrong.

I live in NYC, and ever since that assassination, I've been checking into the news way more frequently just in case something happens here and I have to get to my kids quickly.
I have a Europe trip in the summer and I even worry about that.

Just keep this thread completely apolitical. It's not hard.

Only news.

Period. 
Those people can't. And I mean both sides when I say those people.

Again...hope to be wrong. This thing has me more scared for NYC than I can remember being- even after 9/11.

No offense guys, but declarations of war affect everyone, even outside a political forum.

THERE IS NO FIGHTING IN THE WAR ROOM.

Iran just started a war. This will affect us.

Agreed.

Lol.

Getting political with the last bit.
Attacking a military base on supposedly neutral soil is likely an act of war under almost any circumstance I can ever think of even the most dovish of countries adhering to. 

I wish to score no political points. I find it hard to believe that nation-states fire missiles into other nation-states' military bases and designated warring areas and take credit for it without starting a war.

Iran just did the dumbest possible thing they could do. 

Best of luck to all. 

And to beat the drum to try to keep the usual suspects from getting petty....one of our own FBGs has a son who was just deployed over there. So please try to be respectful.
I don't think it gets petty if the usual suspects can agree that a war has been initiated, really.

I'm struggling. Iran bombs a military base of ours and we're worried about keeping the thread in the FBG political forum so we don't have our sensibilities hurt whereupon we find out we're at war, as a country -- as a person to person?

That can't stand, really. I'm seriously concerned we've just seen the beginning of WWIII. 

I'm struggling. Iran bombs a military base of ours and we're worried about keeping the thread in the political forum so we don't have our sensibilities hurt whereupon we find out we're at wasr, as a country -- as a person to person?

That can't stand, really.
I understand what your saying. I totally get debating everything before this. From both sides. But they just launched missiles against US military men and women along with normal citizens.  At this point, you put politics aside and focus on punishing a terrorist nation. 

I understand what your saying. I totally get debating everything before this. From both sides. But they just launched missiles against US military men and women along with normal citizens.  At this point, you put politics aside and focus on punishing a terrorize nation. 
That's political. Mine was pollitcal. Heck, I just think that an act of war has been declared, and I don't think it's a ridiculous observation to have on a real-time message board. 

So.... they started this. 

Mmmkay
Astros game is the other way, sarcastic wonder. That's not how you measure war. On a playground? Are you seriously that ####### dumb? I wasn't saying that. Before the eyes of the world and the Geneva Convention, likely yes. Likely it is very much an act of war that they initiated. We killed a terrorist with state ties and had authorization.

Mmmmkay?

Holy this got stupid in a ten-cent heartbeat. Everyone right about usual suspects and all.

And no, I didn't support our initial airstrike against the general unless there was state and international backing. But this goes way beyond that. Iran has been hostile towards the U.S. in every way since 1979. It'd be better for all if their ruling clerisy were no longer on earth, really, from where I sit. 

Astros game is the other way, sarcastic wonder. That's not how you measure war. On a playground? Are you seriously that ####### dumb? I wasn't saying that. Before the eyes of the world and the Geneva Convention, likely yes. Likely it is very much an act of war that they initiated. We killed a terrorist with state ties and had authorization.

Mmmmkay?

And no, I didn't support our initial airstrike against the general unless there was state and international backing. But this goes way beyond that. Iran has been hostile towards the U.S. in every way since 1979. It'd be better for all if their ruling clerisy were no longer on earth, really, from where I sit. 
Oh well.

I guess there's no way to keep this apolitical and out of the realm of opinions and focused only on the facts of the day. It appears that's too difficult 

Oh well.

I guess there's no way to keep this apolitical and out of the realm of opinions and focused only on the facts of the day. It appears that's too difficult 
No. I'm pretty much done in thread. I'll let everyone else figure out when attacking our military bases hasn't ever resulted in war and go from there.

That's what Iran does. Sponsor state terrorism, deny the holocaust, stone women, men, gays, you name it. Take financial aid taken for building soccer stadiums and let them degenerate into outdoor air courtrooms of stoning, etc. Just not a good regime. 

Let’s not make it a Trump thread or non Trump thread. We’re at war now regardless of how we got here. Let’s just focus on news and a war. 
Thanks, GB. We're at war. That's all I wanted people to know and to act accordingly both on board and in life. 

Users who are viewing this thread