What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (4 Viewers)

A million percent this.  Howie HAS to get a few more contributors today and this weekend.

I know we need the obvious still with WR, DB and Lber but if your top RB is there at 53 they better consider it.  Pairing Taylor or even Swift with Sanders would be sick
Another thing I hope Howie's doing right now is pulling up film on some young WRs buried on their team's depth charts that we could throw a late-rounder at to pry loose. I'd rather use today's picks to fill the other obvious holes before you get into the crapshoot part of the draft.

Dante Pettis, Hakeem Butler, Tre'Quan Smith ... probably a dozen young guys with talent and athleticism that could walk right in and compete for a job at the cost of, what, a 6th, maybe a 5th-round swap? I'd have feelers out all over the place today if I was our FO.

Another thing I hope Howie's doing right now is pulling up film on some young WRs buried on their team's depth charts that we could throw a late-rounder at to pry loose. I'd rather use today's picks to fill the other obvious holes before you get into the crapshoot part of the draft.

Dante Pettis, Hakeem Butler, Tre'Quan Smith ... probably a dozen young guys with talent and athleticism that could walk right in and compete for a job at the cost of, what, a 6th, maybe a 5th-round swap? I'd have feelers out all over the place today if I was our FO.
I'd like Goodwin but I don't know what his cost would be.

Saints were going to take Reagor at 24. We got him at 21. Narrow window for a trade back if this is true. Just to maybe get back a 5th/6th this year. And you need a partner to dance. Howie, whatever you think about him, is pretty good at calculating risk. Don't think it would be worth it in this scenario, assuming the Saints news to be true. 
yes i heard the saints loved him.  that makes me think good of the pick.  they have been money picking players on offense 

A million percent this.  Howie HAS to get a few more contributors today and this weekend.

I know we need the obvious still with WR, DB and Lber but if your top RB is there at 53 they better consider it.  Pairing Taylor or even Swift with Sanders would be sick
SWIFT PLEASE.  But really Safety, LB, and wr still huge needs to me

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
This guy is so awful. Every time he posted in your thread I wanted to punch him in the face. 

He is the "typical Cowboys fan" that you and I despise. 
I got a week TO for this?????????????? Some random dude comes into your thread, trolls you guys and is a pest so I describe a fictional thing I want to do to him for his actions in a post to fellow frequent poster and I get burned.

Beyond ridiculous. 

I got a week TO for this?????????????? Some random dude comes into your thread, trolls you guys and is a pest so I describe a fictional thing I want to do to him for his actions in a post to fellow frequent poster and I get burned.

Beyond ridiculous. 
Ya, I wasn't a fan of that TO decision at all.  You actually called that idiot out.  At least you have an alias you can use for the week.

Beyond ridiculous. 
totally agree.  sorry you got kicked for nothing

Deamon said:
I think these things are fixable.  Can't get away with that stuff in the pros.
Yeah, let’s hope so. Maybe just a bit of immaturity or frustration with the terrible QB play.

Beyond ridiculous. 
totally agree.  sorry you got kicked for nothing
Still don't get what the guy's point was. This thread exists so we can be salty and frustrated just the same as excited and happy, throughout the year. His mission of pointing out how salty we were that things didn't break our way, and wound up benefiting a hated division rival on top of it, was kinda like traipsing through the children's hospital ward to tell all the parents, "Ha! You're just sad because your kid is sick! Don't deny it!"

Still don't get what the guy's point was. This thread exists so we can be salty and frustrated just the same as excited and happy, throughout the year. His mission of pointing out how salty we were that things didn't break our way, and wound up benefiting a hated division rival on top of it, was kinda like traipsing through the children's hospital ward to tell all the parents, "Ha! You're just sad because your kid is sick! Don't deny it!"
he was most likely drunk.  i know i was

Jalen Reagor on what his role will be: “I'm not an outside receiver, I'm not an inside receiver. I’m a receiver. I can line up anywhere... I'm 5”11, but I play like I'm 6”4. I’ll make an immediate impact.”
This attitude and play style is one of the biggest reasons why I wanted him. That attitude and style fits what we need and the culture here. 

I was always a big Steve Smith fan and the way he attacks the ball reminds me a lot of him but he’s more explosive. 

Also read that he’s leaning toward taking #18 👍 

This attitude and play style is one of the biggest reasons why I wanted him. That attitude and style fits what we need and the culture here. 

I was always a big Steve Smith fan and the way he attacks the ball reminds me a lot of him but he’s more explosive. 

Keep hearing the SS comparison and I like that a lot. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash

I didn't think anyone had worn 18 since Maclin skipped town. Apparently I'd mentally blocked out the DGB Experiment from Doug's rookie season. 36 catches that year on 74 targets  :lmao:

I’ve been watching a lot of Reagor stuff this morning and I feel much better about the pick than I did last night.  I’m optimistic, but that’s done now.

What I want to see for Day 2?  From here, I really think we should go BPA among CB,S,DE,iOL,LB and WR again.  Would love to see if they’d take Mims if he made it down to 53.  That list covers almost every position, I’d save a T for Day 3 and hope to get another Vaitai type.  Same with RB, but stick to that list for today, & let’s go.

And no picks traded, unless we’re getting picks to move down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't hate if we took any of these players, in no particular order:

Mims

Jaylon Johnson

Trevon Diggs

Dantzler

Winfield JR

Baun

Hamler

Shenault

Cushenberry

Pittman

Fulton

Gross-Matos

McKinney

Dugger

Chin

Delpit

I didn't think anyone had worn 18 since Maclin skipped town. Apparently I'd mentally blocked out the DGB Experiment from Doug's rookie season. 36 catches that year on 74 targets  :lmao:
I legit just had to google "DGB Eagles".  I can't believe I completely forgot about that guy. 

Mad at myself for forgetting him.  And mad at you for making me remember him.

I’d break my TV lol
I hear ya. And personally, I do not really like him all that much. But with the addition of Reagor, I'm open to a possibility of creating a track meet a la what KC has done. I wouldn't be happy with Hamler, but I wouldn't hate it bc then I know Doug really has a plan. And i trust Doug when its all said and done as far as scheming/X's and Os stuff. 

I’m completely fine with them picking him. His coverage ability is highly questionable

Giants are having an awful draft IMO
Really?  They got the best Safety in the draft and "arguably" the best OT in the draft.

As of now, we've had the worst draft in the division (I know, I know, it's early).  The other teams have added some huge pieces though.

Really?  They got the best Safety in the draft and "arguably" the best OT in the draft.

As of now, we've had the worst draft in the division (I know, I know, it's early).  The other teams have added some huge pieces though.
They took a top 3-5 OT first by all accounts. 

McMinney got beat a LOT last year. Like a bunch. 

They took a top 3-5 OT first by all accounts. 

McMinney got beat a LOT last year. Like a bunch. 
Hence why I said "arguably".... there was a lot of people rank him as their 1st or 2nd best OT.  Never saw him 5th even once, did you?  Can't think of 4 guys higher if I try.  I had him at 3 personally, but I could see arguments for being anywhere from 1-4.

Hence why I said "arguably".... there was a lot of people rank him as their 1st or 2nd best OT.  Never saw him 5th even once, did you?  Can't think of 4 guys higher if I try.  I had him at 3 personally, but I could see arguments for being anywhere from 1-4.
Gotcha. I have seen him all over the place from 1-4. At 4th overall you’d think you’d get someone more of a lock right? Absolutely. 

Gotcha. I have seen him all over the place from 1-4. At 4th overall you’d think you’d get someone more of a lock right? Absolutely. 
I guess.  I think NFL guys know a bit more than us though.  Like most people had Whirfs #1 OT and he fell to 13.  Any of those top 4 could be said to be the top OT.  I think they made a decent pick.   I don't know a ton about McKinney but I thought he should have gone higher than he did.

Hamler to the Broncos.  Wow.  This round is ALL RB/WR/S.  75% of this round is those positions so far.  Insane.

Users who are viewing this thread