What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

Why does this feel like Jordan Mathews 2.0
He won't be Jordan Matthews.  Might not work out, but it's a swing for the fence and I like that about it.  Outside WR with speed, they can come back for one of my available slot options later on.

Terrible. Those highlights showed some awful tackling. I saw some tape on him vs Ohio State and their top Corner Okuda (SP) and he looked a lot slower against him and teams vs better defenses. Could've traded back gotten more assets and taken him 

Howie made his bed. Feel like you could have traded back into late 1st or early 2nd. To take him at this point, he has to be better than Lamb. 
Not a fan of takes like this. Look at the first 20 picks. There’a always guys who go that “could have been had later if you listened to people”

His tape and speed are what we need. 

I’m all good now. Huge to get him staying pat. Big need and a good young WR to grow with Wentz. 
I get the idea of getting your guy if you like him. 

Most would think they could have gotten him by trading down though, right?

I heard Justin Jefferson being labled as a higher floor/lower ceiling than some other WRS...… is Reagor as safe a pick with much more of an upside? 

Terrible. Those highlights showed some awful tackling. I saw some tape on him vs Ohio State and their top Corner Okuda (SP) and he looked a lot slower against him and teams vs better defenses. Could've traded back gotten more assets and taken him 
Agreed..Horrible pick..you get another first next year though...so I guess you have that.....

Not a fan of takes like this. Look at the first 20 picks. There’a always guys who go that “could have been had later if you listened to people”

Why do you like Reagor over Jefferson? Curious I haven’t seen much of him. 

He won't be Jordan Matthews.  Might not work out, but it's a swing for the fence and I like that about it.  Outside WR with speed, they can come back for one of my available slot options later on.
Reagor is more of a slot in the NFL not really an outside guy. DeSean is actually a lot stronger then he looks though. Reagor is another all athlete avg WR one trick pony 

I mean yes, you can get too cute trading back and trying to maximize value but how many people had him going in the first? 

Like I said, you have to hit on this pick if you reach on a guy. 

Eagles fans should be furious right now. There are at least 10-12 players I would have taken over Reagor. 3 of them are WR.
I've been away from here for over a month but I was on an Eagles Facebook group saying there's 3 days I didn't want at all. Reagor/Lamb/Hamler. The tape looks good but further inspection the tackling is downright painful to watch and the defense is non existent. What came out to me the most was his play vs Ohio State he looked a lot slower against a good defense. 

Go get KJ in the second and double up on our chances of hitting and I like it. 
I don't like Hamelr at all Reagor/Hamler was one of my worst case scenarios. Hamler is more athlete than WR. Very inconsistent too. Was also bullied by bigger more physical corners in college 

Gonna need secondary help to stop Dallas' WR.
Dak may have like 1.5 seconds to throw the ball off of our DTs alone. Will be interesting match-ups when they play. Watching the 2nd game between Eagles and Dallas is pretty much how the next few years will look. WRs can look great open, but won't mean a ton if Dak is getting destroyed by Fletcher and Hargrave will be in that backfield pretty much every play

Dak may have like 1.5 seconds to throw the ball off of our DTs alone. Will be interesting match-ups when they play. Watching the 2nd game between Eagles and Dallas is pretty much how the next few years will look. WRs can look great open, but won't mean a ton if Dak is getting destroyed by Fletcher and Hargrave will be in that backfield pretty much every play
Huh?....nice draft bruh....lol...first round even....

Huh?....nice draft bruh....lol...first round even....
now this is finally a good post from you. 1 round and you already have judged the draft. Definitely an informed fan here, and not some d-bag Dallas wanna be fan. I'll be enjoying my winnings betting against Dallas next year and watching them miss the playoffs again

They also need help now and he seems super raw. Jefferson didn't excite me but he seemed plug and play. This guy is just going to be run fast and hopefully get open. Guess it's insurance policy if Desean gets hurt again. 

Remember game one when Wentz was throwing bombs to D.Jack.

We are going to see a lot  more of that with Reagor. Can’t wait.  Wentz has the arm to let it fly. 

okay, read up on Reager and I like this pick better than I did 10 minutes ago. cautiously optimistic as a Desean1.0 clone in speed and potential usage, not the older, recent model.

I’m so confused. 

Hope he’s not another JJAW. 

I really wanted Lamb. 
I wanted Lamb too, no excuse for not getting him. 

We need speed who can play inside and outside and got that and gave up nothing. 

Comparing him to JJAW is, well, puzzling. Like really strange. Not the same type at all. Completely opposite 

i wonder if this means that they really want to keep running 12-man sets and having both Ertz and Goedert out there a lot. to be honest, Goedert, Ertz, Raegger, D-Jax and Miles/Boston out of the backfield may be a hell of an explosive offense. Can have Alshon in from time to time, but i would take those options into the season

Niners gave up 3 picks to move up 6 spots to take Aiyuk, so there was no way we had a shot at him in the 2nd, like some where hoping that him or Hamler would be our WR if we took one in that round.

I wanted Lamb too, no excuse for not getting him. 

We need speed who can play inside and outside and got that and gave up nothing. 

Comparing him to JJAW is, well, puzzling. Like really strange. Not the same type at all. Completely opposite 
agree with this. I have seen him compared more with DK Metcalf or Mecole Hardman. Only worry i have is can he beat press coverage, but honestly can't think of a better guy for him to learn from than D-Jax in how to beat physical coverage

I mean it's a home run pick. High ceiling but also seems like low floor. Seeing him run by non-NFL CBs isn't any more useful than his 4.47 40. I think deciding if a guy is a great pick or a bust on draft night is a fool's errand. All I really do is look at value and for that, the Eagles didn't do well. Nobody will remember if he becomes Desean 2.0 but if he doesn't it will be magnified. Similar with Lamb, I'm not saying he'll be the best but arguably #1 receiver was on the board and theoretically available to them at a cost and they elected to stay put. 

Time will tell how it all plays out. In some respects, I give them credit for going outside the box. But at this point, it's all on Howie. This draft seems incredibly important to his future and this pick seems like it is likely to define it. 

Niners gave up 3 picks to move up 6 spots to take Aiyuk, so there was no way we had a shot at him in the 2nd, like some where hoping that him or Hamler would be our WR if we took one in that round.
yeah Aiyuk would have been fun, but i guess the Eagles really loved Raegor. His potential is up there with explosive play

I mean it's a home run pick. High ceiling but also seems like low floor. Seeing him run by non-NFL CBs isn't any more useful than his 4.47 40. I think deciding if a guy is a great pick or a bust on draft night is a fool's errand. All I really do is look at value and for that, the Eagles didn't do well. Nobody will remember if he becomes Desean 2.0 but if he doesn't it will be magnified. Similar with Lamb, I'm not saying he'll be the best but arguably #1 receiver was on the board and theoretically available to them at a cost and they elected to stay put. 

Time will tell how it all plays out. In some respects, I give them credit for going outside the box. But at this point, it's all on Howie. This draft seems incredibly important to his future and this pick seems like it is likely to define it. 
I agree with what your saying. But any pick is on Howie. 

So, on one hand, Reagor had 15 drops on 229 targets the last 2 years. On the other, only 61% of those 229 targets were catchable. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread