What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

Is anyone else dreading the moment when Djax (not the player) finally comes into this thread and replies to every single post in here?
The way I look at it is that this thread helps to get me through my day. I’m not a big social media guy nor do I listen much to the sports talk so this thread helps me stay somewhat connected to the group think with a fun group and every once in a while I share a thought. Considering all of his factors this thread likely does the same for DJax. Can’t say I read much of his lengthy contributions but we all have that option. 

Agree to disagree.  Which is rare because I usually agree with all of your posts haha.

I think Pride would have been great for us. If they're all just dart throws then every team would always just trade down and stockpile and not put too much research into late round picks.  Finding gems in late rounds is more than blind luck imo.
trading back in those rounds is how Belichek has continued to dominate...and most people will continue to be enamored of specific individuals and willing to pay "nothing" to move up a little and get them. The better move for NFL franchises is to move back a little and take advantage of that. GET MORE DARTS! The specific players aren't the key in rounds 4-7...the NUMBER of darts is. (And no, I'm not saying a round 7 dart is as good as a round 5 dart...but 3 round 7 darts might be better then one round 5)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the Eagles reported UDFA signings so far

- TE Noah Togiai

- CB Grayland Arnold

- RB Adrian Killins

- DL Raequan Williams 

- DB Grayland Arnold

- RB Michael Warren II

- LB Dante Olson 

-DB Mike Jacquet

- OT Julian Good-Jones

- C  Luke Juriga

Here are the Eagles reported UDFA signings so far

- TE Noah Togiai

- CB Grayland Arnold

- RB Adrian Killins

- DL Raequan Williams 

- DB Grayland Arnold

- RB Michael Warren II

- LB Dante Olson 

-DB Mike Jacquet

- OT Julian Good-Jones

- C  Luke Juriga
Always amazes me how fast this goes down.  Don't these guys have many teams calling them?  There must be some pre-arranged "we like you, if you don't get taken stay near your phone"

New additions for 2020:

Marquise Goodwin: 4.27 speed
Jalen Reagor: 4.29 speed
Adrian Killins:  4.31 speed
Quez Watkins: 4.35 speed
DeSean Jackson: 4.35 speed
John Hightower: 4.43 speed

need2know said:
I liked this draft

If I told you we would get multiple deep threat wrs, all super fast, a very nice OLB prospect who jumps off the tape, a nice safety/db prospect who will play meaningful snaps, a swing tackle/guard who can contribute, and an upgrade at backup qb who could turn into more than that would you not buy that before the draft?   Don't worry about where they got drafted.  At least this is what I'm telling myself
This. Exactly this. If all I did was look at the players drafted, I'd think "good draft". But, living through the crazy decisions and watching the board break the way it did, made me want to drink heavily.

I'm climbing off the ledge, now. Mostly because I've been drinking heavily and don't want to get Hurts. Get it... Hurts? That's a joke, son.

This MFer picked a QB in the second round after paying another QB 140 million. 

Like he is talking like he can flip him for more picks. Do you think he thinks he won’t totally #### those picks up too?

So Carson goes down for 2-3 games next year. Hurts plays well. That probably won’t cause a controversy or anything right?

Have no clue what we have behind Sanders

Who are the LBers?

So now Sidney Jones and Maddox will just get it?

Mills will just replace Jenkins?

And he picks a MFING QB!!
I think Mills is gonna surprise people. I've been harping for yrs he needs to play Safety. 

Maddox has had some success I got way more confidence in him then Sidney. 

I like what we did today at LB and Last night

The QB pick still head scratching. If they wanted a playmaker Antwan Randall-EL they should've taken Bowden JR the guy from UK who returns kicks, plays some QB, is a WR and RB or traded up for Sheanult. What you don't do is draft a guy projected to go in the day 3 in the 2nd who is barely a QB at the next level who was avg at a big time SEC powerhouse benched in a National Title game and loses his job in his FR and SO years then transfers because he couldn't hack it in a conference that produces NFL stars consistently and national title winners. The pick Reeks of the old we'e the smartest people in the room. I think even if there's success its still a wasted pick because of needs and fits. Similar to what I've said about Simmons being drafted by the Sixers do to need and fit. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
SB Nation gave us the 31st best draft in the league.  Woo hoo!  Not last!  Luckily Green Bay really dicked it.

SI also gave us 31st best draft, but they put the Saints as worse.  Dallas got #1.

Everyone has their own opinions and they differ a lot so it's not gospel.  I don't think it's as bad as this, but I don't think our late speedsters fix some of the misses we had throughout the draft. 

I wish camps and preseason were a normal go this year, it would have actually been a fun year to follow how these draft picks were doing leading up to the season.

The more I read about Davion Taylor, sounds like he's going to be a special teamer who maybe develops enough to play that hybrid role on 3rd downs this year. Maybe they just figured rookies are going to be useless this year given how unlikely it is they get a full offseason program so they're just going solely developmental picks. Although would be nice to have done more in free agency then. 

But at this point, getting a WR in the 4th round seems unlikely to make an immediate impact. How many make an impact their first year anyways? Can't hurt but I'm not sure going in with a 4th rounder is any better than the current options. I'm pretty comfortable with Ward being our #3 or #4 receiver and are any of these picks going to come in and be better than a Gibson, Burnett, or Davis from day one? Maybe but seems unlikely. We need a #1 WR as we have a lot of #2/#3 types and would much rather fill out other needs.

As someone mentioned, we've had the luxury of having depth on the OL, we blamed our whole season on a tackle going down and we just lost our swing tackle who was pretty much a starting level tackle. And that isn't even discussing our defense. 
I talked to my co workers son before work. I asked about Hurts but he's totally out of the loop on that and said a few coaches were just as shocked as he was. When it comes to Taylor we talked a lot about it. With Taylor one of his big issues is lack of actual experience. There are some people on other teams (Asked a former scout with contacts in the league about this too) that if Taylor had more experience he'd have a lot of tools and be a 1st or high 2nd LB/S. The guy is raw but he's incredible athletic. A lot of teams feel he could really see the field in Nickel/Dime packages early in his career while contributing on Teams. Theres potential for him to grow into a very good LB/S hybrid. We aren't talking HoFer here but definitely guy I think who'd be a fan favorite if he develops like the people I talked too hope. 

Listening to the national guys try to make sense of this is making my head hurt. 

Theres just no way around it. He is GARBAGE at drafting. Like bottom 2-3 in the league garbage. 

Dont bother getting Baun since we need STARTING LBers. Get a back up QB and than snag a hybrid LBer/ Safety and pray. 

This was an all-time bonehead pick after some of the worst drafts in our history all from the same guy. 

A damn QB factory??! 

We needed 4-5 contributors this draft. We got one WR who will NEVER be able to live down things he had no control over for his entire career here. 
Charlie Davies and Steve Smith SR made SOME SENSE last night on NFL Draft access talking about Aaron Rodgers being hurt. However theres two key differences. One The Eagles Head Coach isn't an idiot and he won a SB because of his playing calling aggression too. The other is a dolt at Playcalling who Rodgers would just call plays on the fly himself. The Eagles compared to the Packers have had much better overall teams and depth at QB over the years then GB. Lets put it this way. Mike McCarthy would've been fired long ago if he didn't have Rodgers. The Packers without Rodgers are irrelevant and why I've argued Rodgers should be the automatic MVP every year. Without him they are nothing. If the Eagles wanted a back up Trevor Simiaen, Brian Hoyer, Chase Daniel, Blake Bortles etc are out there. Trust me I'd take Blake Bortles as my back up any day of the wee and twice on Sundays before I thought about Jalen Hurts 

We could use some RB depth too, anyone we like to complement Miles?
I'm Biased but LamIcheal Perine we could've had. 5 yards per carry avg at UF with a questionable Offensive line and receiving ability. Bigger body back too. Ke'Shawn Vaughn out of Vandy was a guy I liked going to the Bucs in the 3rd round this draft 

Deamon said:
I say lets keep 7.  I want em all.  Ditch Alshon.

Djax
Reagor
Goodwin
JJAW
Ward Jr.
Hightower
Quez
I would not at all surprised if many teams roster/activate extra WRs due to the new roster expansion. Pretty much all WRs 4th or lower on any team's depth chart play special teams. Also wouldn't be surprised to see one of Hightower/Quez on the practice squad if they don't have room for both. 

JetMaxx said:
The way I look at it is that this thread helps to get me through my day. I’m not a big social media guy nor do I listen much to the sports talk so this thread helps me stay somewhat connected to the group think with a fun group and every once in a while I share a thought. Considering all of his factors this thread likely does the same for DJax. Can’t say I read much of his lengthy contributions but we all have that option. 
Ya I know, I'm just joking around.  Don't have ill-will against the guy at all (outside of when he goes on his anti-sixers rants)

I would not at all surprised if many teams roster/activate extra WRs due to the new roster expansion. Pretty much all WRs 4th or lower on any team's depth chart play special teams. Also wouldn't be surprised to see one of Hightower/Quez on the practice squad if they don't have room for both.
Ya It likely will come down to Quez/Hightower/Ward fighting for 1-2 spots.  2-3 spots if Alshon is gone.  I kinda hope they all make it at least for a few weeks into the season until we see what we have.

-Howie Roseman said the day after losing to the Seahawks in the playoffs, he walked to Doug Pederson's office (and Andy Weidl's office) with a piece of paper that read:

1) Can he run?
2) Is he healthy?
3) Does he love to play?

He wanted those questions to be the offseason focus.

-D. Pederson said the way Lamar Jackson was used as a rookie is a "fair comp" for the way to use Jalen Hurts. 

Pederson:"I want to be clear that Jalen is a QB 1st. That's how we're going to develop him. Then obviously utilize his strength as a runner and maybe some other things."

Deamon said:
Same.  I've always trusted and praised this dude.  And usually hate when people go off their rockers and hate on the team's decisions.  But today I'm that guy and Howie deserves it.  This has been historically awful.  Like I want it to work out of course, but this is hard to swallow.  I'm just trying to think about Goodwin to make me less angry.
Me too I've always defended Howie and it's easier when the guys alma mater is your favorite college Sports program. However I just can't defend this draft and a few others moves the past few yrs. I hated people ####ting on Roseman for letting Jenkins go but honestly it was a good move. A lot of kool aid drinkers swinging on Jenkins nuts the last 2 yrs and he was one of the issues with this secondary with blown coverages and all. Seemed to decline the last 2 yrs and during all or nothing made a few comments of missing his assignment. He's also on the wrong side of 30. Rather move on now then before its too late

Deamon said:
So Philadelphia picks a guy named Shaun Bradley, who played college ball in Philadelphia lol.  Perfect.
Bradley might be undersized but this dude lacks in size he makes up for with his aggression and loves Football. I loved watching him play at TU and my one Co Worker who went to TU had 2 classes with him before she graduated a year ago. Really good dude too. 

Deamon said:
OMG finally a pick I'm happy about!   Had no clue how Prince was dropping and was hoping we would take him.  Gotta figure out how he dropped so far.
Prince dropped because of a knee injury. Really happy we got him though 

need2know said:
I liked this draft

If I told you we would get multiple deep threat wrs, all super fast, a very nice OLB prospect who jumps off the tape, a nice safety/db prospect who will play meaningful snaps, a swing tackle/guard who can contribute, and an upgrade at backup qb who could turn into more than that would you not buy that before the draft?   Don't worry about where they got drafted.  At least this is what I'm telling myself
I think I like our 3rd round on more then Day 1 and 2 put together. I don't know a lot about the other WR not named Quiz but I know they all run really really really fast and we might have the best track team in the league if we had a track meet with all NFL WRs. Some of these guys might be able to go head to head in the 40 vs Hill 

Having 2 Auburn tackles is not a bad thing.  They run that operation like a pro team down there. At least you know they'll be prepared for the rigors of a season. If either one turns into a contributor, then it's a win. 

Last edited by a moderator:
need2know said:
I liked this draft

Only thing I disagree on is we upgraded Back up QB. I'd rather not draft a QB at all and Kept Suddy then taken Hurts. He was projected as a day 3 guy we took in the 2nd. He's barely an avg QB for the NFL. He was god awful against really good competition and defenses in the SEC benched in the Title game and transferred because he couldn't hack it in the SEC. Thats not a good thing. Nothing against the kid personally. He'd a good kid in general but when he transferred to OU there were scouts who preferred he'd switch too WR. Projections on this guy is all over the place and he's a project no matter what position he's playing. Rather taken Eason or Fromm. 

Deamon said:
You didn't like the Reagor pick either.  I know we've all warmed up on it but I wouldn't call it a "good" pick.

Hard to like the draft overall when Round 1 is a B- and Round 2 is an F.
After talking to my guy and looking at the pick I get it for Reagor. Guy they wanted but they had others targeted who went earlier. Didn't have the assets to really trade up (Had we kept some of our 3rds and 4ths we don't need to give up or 2nd to move up for Lamb) without giving up a 2. It's still a reach. I don't hate Reagor like I do drafting Hurts in 2nd but we reached because we were scared we couldn't get him in the 2nd and put ourselves between a rock and a hard place on need. WOuld've preferred Murray, Jefferson, etc there over Reagor. Tell me we took Reagor in round 2 similar to Djac I'm more ok with this pick. Hurts makes zero sense to me. You want a good back up take Fromm or Eason way better prospects for reasons I stated. If this is all bull#### and they plan on using him as a playmaker then I'd rather have taken Shenault (Moved up) or taken Bowden JR the QB/WR/RB/KR/PR from Kentucky. Thats the type of guy you take for that. Want a QB to develop Eason or Fromm. 

Deamon said:
Someone needs to create a drawing of Desean reading a book in a children's classroom to all his little clones sitting around him.
DJac going to be doing some teaching. Wonder if DeSean will become Mooreheads Assistiant teacher/coach aide to these guys all similar to him. I want to see all these guys vs Tyreke Hill in a 40 or just a track race in general. 

UDFA signings so far

Philadelphia Eagles

CB Grayland Arnold
WR Manasseh Bailey
G Julian Good-Jones
CB Michael Jaquet
C Luke Juriga
RB Adrian Killins
LB Dante Olson
CB Elijah Riley
CB Prince Smith
RB Michael Warren
DT Raequan Williams
TE Noah Togiai

Bigboy10182000 said:
A lot of teams see Jefferson as just a slot guy though. He played outside 2 years ago in LSU and they moved him inside last year. I think we needed more versatility. Raegor plays everywhere and brings more speed. He was the type we needed there IMO. 
I may have watched more LSU and SEC games then anyone here. To say Jefferson is just a slot guy in the NFL is insulting IMHO. I feel the Slot/WR3 has replaced the FB in the starting 11 and most teams consider the #3 WR a starter now (Depending who you ask maybe 2 TE's which we've had a luxury of for 2 yrs now) and I fell that you need at least 3 very good starters at WR now. Jefferson played a lot of outside in College and did well. He got moved to Inside/Slot to get Ja'Marr CHaison on the field more on the outside.. Jefferson did a lot of damage in the slot however he can play outside. I think Reagor is more of a DeSean clone with some issues I don't like drops (Can only blame poor QB play for so much) many were on Screens, bubbles etc short passes to get him into space that should be caught, not a huge fan of using numbers for the Big 12 as I believe like I already said are terrible inflated, the guy was a 2nd rounder before the Combine and his workouts, seems like a good kid but seemed to take plays off, non interest in blocking and seemed to show up his QB at times. Never hated hated this pick but tell me Reagor is drafted by us in a similar spot as DeSean was I'm ok with the pick. I just had a lot of other prospects from DE/S/LB/CB and WR's ahead of him before I'd taken him. WOuld've rather taken Jefferson or moved back and maybe get a 3rd then taken reached on Reagor 

JetMaxx said:
If Wentz is bowing out in a year or two Luck style, Hurts is a tremendous hedge pick. That concussion last year may have taken a greater toll than we all know, With Wentz’s character he likely wouldn’t leave this franchise hanging. Its not something Howie can disclose. He just can’t. Again if, and it’s a big subjective IF, this is the case then the pick is more than justified. If not, it’s an awful selection. No two ways about it. 
If the Goodwin for nothing trade was lined up and the plan was to spitball every 4.3 something that can’t catch WR late JJ should have been the pick. The rest of the picks are whatever to me. 

You can't justify the pick when the dude they picked is a big project. From a few reports I saw Media hyped Hurts up but from sources of these scouting websites (I really love Walter Football layout and they give really good summaries on the top prospects and some popular guys with team fits and everything ranked clean and organized) that scouts didn't see the same. Here's the quote from Walter Football 

ESPN and other media outlets hyped Hurts throughout 2019, but in speaking to some sources, they did not see Hurts that way. They feel he struggles to read defenses, too often after one read he looks to run, is not that accurate, does not have impressive arm strength, and is not a great runner for the NFL. They feel Hurts is tough and a winner, so they could see a team taking him in the mid-rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft if a team really likes him and wants to work with him as a backup quarterback who might be able to contribute somewhat, like Taysom Hill in New Orleans. Some feel Hurts should move to fullback for the NFL, as his struggles to see the field were given further proof at the Senior Bowl. 

Hurts could sneak into the second day of the 2020 NFL Draft as a late third-round pick. If he doesn't go in Round 3, he probably will get selected in the fourth or fifth round. 

Reports have been all over the place on Hurts from he should've moved to WR when he transferred to he should be a FB/WR hybrid at the NFL to maybe if a team likes him enough to work him as a project they would, to maybe he's a Tysom Hill. To show you how overhyped ESPN had him I was the ESPN coverage on the pick last night and they compared him to Russel Wilson. Sorry I'm not a huge Wilson fan but thats disrespectful to Russel Wilson right there. Some scouts and draft sites say his best college tape to illustrate his strengths is 2019 Baylor but then admit he's also throwing to Wide open WRs or WRs who have 2 Yards of Seperation on the corner downfeild. Any QB I would hope capable of throwing a Football should look great throwing to guys like that all game even Colin Kapernick should be able to do that. Considering our other needs and this dude being a reach there's just no way to justify this pick when theres better prospects QB wise they could've had later in the draft. 

UDFA signings so far

Philadelphia Eagles

CB Grayland Arnold
WR Manasseh Bailey
G Julian Good-Jones
CB Michael Jaquet
C Luke Juriga
RB Adrian Killins
LB Dante Olson
CB Elijah Riley
CB Prince Smith
RB Michael Warren
DT Raequan Williams
TE Noah Togiai
Pretty stoked on Noah.  You think he has a shot to make the team?

Only thing I disagree on is we upgraded Back up QB. I'd rather not draft a QB at all and Kept Suddy then taken Hurts. He was projected as a day 3 guy we took in the 2nd. He's barely an avg QB for the NFL. He was god awful against really good competition and defenses in the SEC benched in the Title game and transferred because he couldn't hack it in the SEC. Thats not a good thing. Nothing against the kid personally. He'd a good kid in general but when he transferred to OU there were scouts who preferred he'd switch too WR. Projections on this guy is all over the place and he's a project no matter what position he's playing. Rather taken Eason or Fromm. 
We have different views on hurts.   He has flaws but I see a guy getting better and he only lost his job cause Tua is amazing.

Deamon said:
Gotta be hard for Howie to keep that a secret as he gets blasted by all his peers. 
If it's true takes a lot of balls and courage to stay there. Maybe Carson also didn't tell the team but they feel after Luck last year they may have a hunch it could happen? 

Deamon said:
Always amazes me how fast this goes down.  Don't these guys have many teams calling them?  There must be some pre-arranged "we like you, if you don't get taken stay near your phone"
There usually is. There's a few guys that teams may take as their last pick who maybe UDFA's because they feel if they tried the UDFA route they couldn't get them. Usually the bigger UDFA's get this. Some teams also talk to prospects and pre arrange late in the draft deals saying if you don't get drafted we will sign you as our first pick. We'll give ya X amount of bonus money to which might be higher then they get elsewhere. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I also am very curious who we add as URFA’s. We always seem to nail a RB and I’m curious who we bring in. 

And I really hoe Goodwin stays healthy. He was basically free lol
RB factory?

I may have watched more LSU and SEC games then anyone here. To say Jefferson is just a slot guy in the NFL is insulting IMHO. I feel the Slot/WR3 has replaced the FB in the starting 11 and most teams consider the #3 WR a starter now (Depending who you ask maybe 2 TE's which we've had a luxury of for 2 yrs now) and I fell that you need at least 3 very good starters at WR now. Jefferson played a lot of outside in College and did well. He got moved to Inside/Slot to get Ja'Marr CHaison on the field more on the outside.. Jefferson did a lot of damage in the slot however he can play outside. I think Reagor is more of a DeSean clone with some issues I don't like drops (Can only blame poor QB play for so much) many were on Screens, bubbles etc short passes to get him into space that should be caught, not a huge fan of using numbers for the Big 12 as I believe like I already said are terrible inflated, the guy was a 2nd rounder before the Combine and his workouts, seems like a good kid but seemed to take plays off, non interest in blocking and seemed to show up his QB at times. Never hated hated this pick but tell me Reagor is drafted by us in a similar spot as DeSean was I'm ok with the pick. I just had a lot of other prospects from DE/S/LB/CB and WR's ahead of him before I'd taken him. WOuld've rather taken Jefferson or moved back and maybe get a 3rd then taken reached on Reagor 
Not more than me.  I am a die hard alabama fan. I live in fing Alabama man.   

Users who are viewing this thread