What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (7 Viewers)

Rule specifics for the Eagles' proposed alternative to an onside kick that goes up for a vote tomorrow. I like it :thumbup:

It's not without (obvious) risks. Imagine getting a 15-yard penalty and having to go 4th and 30 from your own 10 yard line. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rule specifics for the Eagles' proposed alternative to an onside kick that goes up for a vote tomorrow. I like it :thumbup:

It's not without (obvious) risks. Imagine getting a 15-yard penalty and having to go 4th and 30 from your own 10 yard line. 
It would probably be half the distance to the goal though, not bring it back to the 10 yard line.  So we'd be looking at a 12.5 yard penalty which would bring up 4th and 27.  We could handle that! :P

Malcolm Jenkins will be the keynote speaker for Phila schools virtual graduation ceremony.
I know many think it was a good move to let him go, but the Eagles lost a lot of heart and soul.

Devonta Freeman is mulling offers right now from TB and Philly 
Yep we officially made him an offer.  That would mean bye bye Clement.  Sad after that interview he gave on resigning with us, but for the better of the team.

Sounds like Shady just sitting there waiting and we likely sign him if we don't get Freeman.

Yep we officially made him an offer.  That would mean bye bye Clement.  Sad after that interview he gave on resigning with us, but for the better of the team.

Sounds like Shady just sitting there waiting and we likely sign him if we don't get Freeman.
I'd rather keep Clement if it was between him and Shady. Fact Andy made him a healthy scratch during the SB is writing on the wall. Plus given the stuff I've heard about Shady it'd be a step back from the culture we are trying to get back with the team on. 

I'd rather keep Clement if it was between him and Shady. Fact Andy made him a healthy scratch during the SB is writing on the wall. Plus given the stuff I've heard about Shady it'd be a step back from the culture we are trying to get back with the team on. 
They updated the report and TB didnt make an offer.  Just us.

IMO PHI makes sense for Freeman, but TB would be more attractive given he could be the #1 guy there 
TB makes so much sense for him over Philly.  Gets to be the main guy, Goes to a team with better Super Bowl odds per Vegas, Warmer city, and gets to stay in the division and play Atlanta a couple revenge games. 

I want him here, but we're going to have to pay more than Tampa is to overcome all the pluses of being in TB.

Worse than Shady looked last year? Cause those are our two options.
I personally thought he looked worse than Shady. Shady lost his job and active status to Damien Williams. Freeman's main competition was Ito Smith, and Smith suffered a bad concussion in the latter stages of the season. I will admit to tuning out the last six weeks of Freeman's year last year, which IIRC, weren't too bad.

Neither could really be considered an upgrade over Jordan Howard right now, and neither is better than Carlos Hyde at this point (Hyde went for a thousand yards last year, nothing to scoff at.) 

I personally thought he looked worse than Shady. Shady lost his job and active status to Damien Williams. Freeman's main competition was Ito Smith, and Smith suffered a bad concussion in the latter stages of the season. I will admit to tuning out the last six weeks of Freeman's year last year, which IIRC, weren't too bad.

Neither could really be considered an upgrade over Jordan Howard right now, and neither is better than Carlos Hyde at this point (Hyde went for a thousand yards last year, nothing to scoff at.) 
He didn't lose his active status to Damien Williams, he lost it to Darwin Thompson. 

Howard is gone, and Hyde isn't an option.  Right now it's Clement, Freeman, or Shady.  And it seems they want Freeman or Shady.

He didn't lose his active status to Damien Williams, he lost it to Darwin Thompson. 

Howard is gone, and Hyde isn't an option.  Right now it's Clement, Freeman, or Shady.  And it seems they want Freeman or Shady.
Yeah, he and Williams were splitting time as starters. Then he lost active status. He was replaceable with Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson there to fulfill his role. I'm well aware of what happened as I rostered him last year. You can find me in the threads about the KC backs.

Yes, Howard is gone. One wonders if he wouldn't have been a better option than all four of their potential suitors (Hyde -- now with SEA, Clement, Freeman, and McCoy).

Yeah, he and Williams were splitting time as starters. Then he lost active status. He was replaceable with Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson there to fulfill his role. I'm well aware of what happened as I rostered him last year. You can find me in the threads about the KC backs.

Yes, Howard is gone. One wonders if he wouldn't have been a better option than all four of their potential suitors (Hyde -- now with SEA, Clement, Freeman, and McCoy).
He might have been but no way we were giving him a 2 Year 10M contract.

I'd rather just stay with Clement if our only Option was Shady 
As a 3rd/4th RB, in a vacuum, I'd probably agree. But the role they are likely looking for is someone who can step-in and carry the load if Sanders went down for an extended period of time. Not sure they see Clement as that kind of answer. 

As a 3rd/4th RB, in a vacuum, I'd probably agree. But the role they are likely looking for is someone who can step-in and carry the load if Sanders went down for an extended period of time. Not sure they see Clement as that kind of answer. 
I agree but speaking on stand point of where they are at career wise a Healthy Clement at this point is a better option for that job then Shady at 100%. They should've went after Devonta Booker, Chris Thompson or Dion Lewis if this is what they want. At this point Id ask Lamar Miller to come here. If healthy thats a big reward there 

Special teams is a huge consideration for a 3rd RB to be active on game days. Likely why Shady was inactive in the SB with Williams healthy. 

A lot of people pondered if Malcolm was the snitch. Pretty apparent to everyone at this point, if Malcolm had a problem with you, he wasn't gonna go whisper secret to Josina Anderson.

Eagles F'd up here by letting him go. 

A lot of people pondered if Malcolm was the snitch. Pretty apparent to everyone at this point, if Malcolm had a problem with you, he wasn't gonna go whisper secret to Josina Anderson.

Eagles F'd up here by letting him go. 
Sorry man. Glad he’s gone. 

Hes in a locker room with 60-70 other people who all have their own struggles/issues, thoughts and beliefs but only his matter. He showed that. That’s a selfish cancer. 

Hes in a locker room with 60-70 other people who all have their own struggles/issues, thoughts and beliefs but only his matter. He showed that. That’s a selfish cancer. 
I respect your right to this opinion, but whole-heartedly disagree. This might be the first time I've ever seen Malcolm referred to as a cancer not on Twitter.

I respect your right to this opinion, but whole-heartedly disagree. This might be the first time I've ever seen Malcolm referred to as a cancer not on Twitter
“To think that everyone should have the same ideals as you is ridiculous.”- Malcolm Jenkins. He said this while criticizing Drew Brees for not having the same ideals as him.

You support this? How? Please tell me the part of Brees’ video that upsets you the most. I’m genuinely curious. 

“To think that everyone should have the same ideals as you is ridiculous.”- Malcolm Jenkins. He said this while criticizing Drew Brees for not having the same ideals as him.

You support this? How? Please tell me the part of Brees’ video that upsets you the most. I’m genuinely curious. 
I posted the full statement for context and bolded so you can see the beginning of the statement you are referring to. It's very propaganda like to cut up one sentence from an entire 4 minute statement and try to attack that line without any context. 

“The onslaught of sh-t that we have to deal with is f–king crazy right now,” Jenkins said. “Drew Brees, if you don’t understand how hurtful, how insensitive your comments are, you are part of the problem. To think that because your grandfathers served in this country and you have a great respect for the flag that everybody else should have the same ideals and thoughts that you do is ridiculous. And it shows that you don’t know history. Because when our grandfathers fought for this country and served and they came back, they didn’t come back to a hero’s welcome. They came back and got attacked for wearing their uniforms. They came back to people, to racism, to complete violence.

“And then here we are in 2020, with the whole country on fire. Everybody witnessing a black man dying — being murdered — at the hands of the police, just in cold blood for everybody to see. The whole country’s on fire. And the first thing that you do is criticize one’s peaceful protest that was years ago when we were trying to signal a sign for help and signal for our allies and our white brothers and sisters, the people we consider to be friends, to get involved? It was ignored. And here we are now with the world on fire and you still continue to first criticize how we peacefully protest because it doesn’t fit in what you do and your beliefs without ever acknowledging that the fact that a man was murdered at the hands of police in front of us all and that it’s been continuing for centuries, that the same brothers that you break the huddle down with before every single game, the same guys that you bleed with and go into battle with every single day go home to communities that have been decimated.

“Drew, unfortunately, you’re somebody who doesn’t understand their privilege. You don’t understand the potential that you have to actually be an advocate for the people that you call brothers. You don’t understand the history and why people like me, people with my skin color whose grandfathers fought for this country, who served, and I still protested against that — not against the national anthem but against what was happening in America and what our fabric of this country is for, or stands for. If you don’t understand that other people experienced something totally different than you, then when you talk about being a brotherhood and all this other bullsh-t, it’s just lip service or it’s only on the field. Because when we step off this field and I take my helmet off, I’m a black man walking around America and I’m telling you I’m dealing with these things, I’m telling you my communities are dealing with these things, and your response to me is, ‘Don’t talk about that here. This is not the place.’

“Drew, where is the place, Drew? I’m disappointed. I’m hurt. Because while the world tells you that you’re not worthy, that your life doesn’t matter, the last place you want to hear from are the guys that you go to war with and that you consider to be allies and to be your friends. Even though we’re teammates, I can’t let this slide.”

Jenkins used even stronger language in the deleted video, a portion of which has been posted by NFL reporter Dov Kleiman.

“Our communities are under siege, and we need help,” Jenkins said in a portion of the deleted video. “And what you’re telling us is, ‘Don’t ask for help that way. Ask for it a different way. I can’t listen when you ask that way.’ We’re done asking, Drew, and people who share your sentiments, who express those, and push them throughout the world, the airwaves, are the problem. And it’s unfortunate because I considered you a friend, I looked up to you, you’re somebody who I had a great deal of respect for, but sometimes you should shut the f–k up.”

I posted the full statement for context and bolded so you can see the beginning of the statement you are referring to. It's very propaganda like to cut up one sentence from an entire 4 minute statement and try to attack that line without any context. 
I’ve watched his video at least 10x. The first part of your bolded has nothing to do with the second. One is very specific and only applies one way. His way. The second is a broad stroke of a brush to justify what he knows is a ridiculous statement. He caught himself there and you’ll see it in the video. 

He is hurt by what Brees said but is willing to take the risk of hurting Brees because of his opinion and only his is correct. Only his way matters. More than 90% of his reply makes absolutely no sense if you watch what Brees said  

Now please tell me which part of Brees’ video hurt YOU the most understand/take this position. 

I’ve watched his video at least 10x. The first part of your bolded has nothing to do with the second. One is very specific and only applies one way. His way. The second is a broad stroke of a brush to justify what he knows is a ridiculous statement. He caught himself there and you’ll see it in the video. 

He is hurt by what Brees said but is willing to take the risk of hurting Brees because of his opinion and only his is correct. Only his way matters. More than 90% of his reply makes absolutely no sense if you watch what Brees said  

Now please tell me which part of Brees’ video hurt YOU the most understand/take this position. 
Again, I respect your opinion. I didn't format this, but know enough about English writing that if things are in the same paragraph together, they relate to one another. Feel free to continue to parse the words to fit whichever agenda you seem to want to align with.  If you want to get yourself all worked up about this, go for it. You seem to be the only person in Eagles world (not on twitter) that seems to have beef with Malcolm. If you recall, we won a Super Bowl due to our culture, locker room and chemistry. To each their own, but you came out here with a single sentence trying to put meaning behind it without context, not the other way around. I'm done here with you Big Boy. 

Again, I respect your opinion. I didn't format this, but know enough about English writing that if things are in the same paragraph together, they relate to one another. Feel free to continue to parse the words to fit whichever agenda you seem to want to align with.  If you want to get yourself all worked up about this, go for it. You seem to be the only person in Eagles world (not on twitter) that seems to have beef with Malcolm. If you recall, we won a Super Bowl due to our culture, locker room and chemistry. To each their own, but you came out here with a single sentence trying to put meaning behind it without context, not the other way around. I'm done here with you Big Boy. 
I’m not even close to being upset. Please stop deflecting. 

You don’t respect my opinion enough to tell me which part of a video upset you? That was complicated how?

I’m not even close to being upset. Please stop deflecting. 

You don’t respect my opinion enough to tell me which part of a video upset you? That was complicated how?
Of Drew Brees video? The whole thing! The timing, the message, the tone deafness, the inability to "read the room" , using the military as some shield in his argument, despite never serving a day himself, instead leaning on his grandfather's service. Muddying the waters, showing poor leadership and judgement. I mean, its a long list buddy. 

Of Drew Brees video? The whole thing! The timing, the message, the tone deafness, the inability to "read the room" , using the military as some shield in his argument, despite never serving a day himself, instead leaning on his grandfather's service. Muddying the waters, showing poor leadership and judgement. I mean, its a long list buddy. 
This.  I don't think Brees really gave an "opinion", and I don't think Malcom was saying his was the only opinion to have.  Brees was pretty insensitive to the current situation with his words and is going to/has already made enemies from this.  You see the difference in ways that Carson vs Brees responded to his teammates' current pain?

This.  I don't think Brees really gave an "opinion", and I don't think Malcom was saying his was the only opinion to have.  Brees was pretty insensitive to the current situation with his words and is going to/has already made enemies from this.  You see the difference in ways that Carson vs Brees responded to his teammates' current pain?
So you’re telling me Wentz and Brees are two different people who handled situations differently? That’s not allowed now  

"Is everything right with our country right now? No, it's not. We still have a long way to go." - Drew Brees

Literally what he said in the video. See but it wasn’t EXACTLY what Malcom wanted. So he must be attacked until he falls in line  

So you’re telling me Wentz and Brees are two different people who handled situations differently? That’s not allowed now  

"Is everything right with our country right now? No, it's not. We still have a long way to go." - Drew Brees

Literally what he said in the video. See but it was EXACTLY what Malcom wanted. So he must be attacked until he falls in line  
Yes they handled those situations differently.  Carson shows far more leadership here.  I bet there's a lot of players right now (not saying they're right or wrong for it, but it's how they feel) who would rather play for a guy like Carson then Drew right now.  I'm not even really debating what Drew said, but even if you believe in what Drew said, as a leader sometimes you gotta say the right things to the media. 

Even Drew knows he F'd up.

Yes they handled those situations differently.  Carson shows far more leadership here.  I bet there's a lot of players right now (not saying they're right or wrong for it, but it's how they feel) who would rather play for a guy like Carson then Drew right now.  I'm not even really debating what Drew said, but even if you believe in what Drew said, as a leader sometimes you gotta say the right things to the media. 

Even Drew knows he F'd up.
"Is everything right with out country right now? No, it's not. We still have a long way to go." - Drew Brees

No BS. Could you imagine saying that and being crushed by people at the same time? 

"Is everything right with out country right now? No, it's not. We still have a long way to go." - Drew Brees

No BS. Could you imagine saying that and being crushed by people at the same time? 
Why do you keep taking 1 line and trying to discuss single sentences when we are discussing the whole message. You seem to be the only one that really wants to do this. 

You picked one good part out of what he said lol.

So you don't think Drew knows he messed up?  Maybe this could be discussed in the Brees thread instead. 

Terpman22 said:
Why do you keep taking 1 line and trying to discuss single sentences when we are discussing the whole message. You seem to be the only one that really wants to do this. 
I’m honestly starting to lean towards you not listening to the Brees interview at all. This is why I asked which part you disagreed with. When you said everything I bailed. 

Deamon said:
You picked one good part out of what he said lol.

So you don't think Drew knows he messed up?  Maybe this could be discussed in the Brees thread instead. 
So when he gave his reasons for what the anthem means to him, that made you angry?

I’m honestly starting to lean towards you not listening to the Brees interview at all. This is why I asked which part you disagreed with. When you said everything I bailed. 

So when he gave his reasons for what the anthem means to him, that made you angry?
I'm going to respond to this in the Brees thread.

Forgot to post this last week when I saw it, but interesting take from beat writer Zach Berman, from The Athletic. He thinks pretty strongly that Miles Sanders is going to be a Westbrook/McCoy type RB in the offense this year. It's been 5 seasons since we've had a "bell cow" RB (and even that was the DeMarco Murray disaster.)

Even with Sanders and Scott, don’t rule out the Eagles adding a veteran running back, but don’t expect them to pay much. You’ll notice a trend in this column: The Eagles will prioritize good value with any veteran they add.

The Eagles don’t necessarily need a veteran running back, although they’re bare at the position behind Sanders. (Don’t fall for running back-by-committee stories this offseason; it’s Sanders’ backfield.) Scott, Corey Clement, Elijah Holyfield and two undrafted rookies aren’t necessarily strong insurance at the position if Sanders goes down. Of course, it’s easy to find inexpensive veteran running backs late in the offseason, and it’s generally viewed as a plug-and-play position for a player added at any point. If the Eagles elect to go with what they have on the roster, trusting their offensive line and offense to get passable production on the ground, it wouldn’t be the worst outcome. There’s going to be a drop-off after Sanders, however it plays out. They could just gamble on fresh legs.

I maybe late here but I vehemently Disagree here. Maybe you don't agree with his beliefs or not (Thats for another thread in itself) but the Eagles have always been proactive in letting their players speak their mind in the locker room. Jenkins was one of the main leaders in that locker room. From people I know Jenkins was never an issue. 

Brees comments were absolutely tone death on the situation at hand. Too many people have made it about support of a Flag. This Anthem stuff is cheap patriotism brainwashing that has been used across the world such as Nazi Germany, North Korea, Russia etc. The military thing is a different rabbit hole completely we could go down. I'll just put it this way and leave this topic at rest here. Using the Anthem is a cheap cop out and being tone deaf on the situation for lack of supporting military etc. These protestors being gassed and militarized by the police and our military occupying the street are you mad about it? if you are now you know how half the world feels about us when we "help them". Brees comments were nothing more then buzz words used by the right and Trump routinely to try and dehumanize the protests and social injustice in this country to minorities. Brees has been part of locker rooms with numerous monitory players over the yrs who have talked about their issues growing up. 

Brees got called out like he should have. Yes he apologized but honestly if I was a minority player who was a teammate of his I don't know how I'd feel about continuing to play with him. Talented player no doubt but when a teammate doesn't get or respect what I believe in then honestly how can I trust them to have my back on the field. 

Malik Jackson did a great interview with Jeff Skeverskey of Channel 6 the other day. Jackson talked how there is a lot of racist players in the leagues. He didn't name names but he also mentioned how some of them hide it as well. This isn't saying Brees is racist though. I'm just saying there's a huge issue here. And honestly Brees comments were completely ignorant and tone deaf on the situation. Like I already stated it was cheap buzz word propaganda thats been sewn together by the right over he last few yrs. This is the group that says they are patriots and care for the troops yet when they comeback needing help they are nowhere to be found. Just be a good little solider for us and don't ask questions. When we have used you for what we need you for we'll just discard you and put you down like a sick sled dog. We need to stop putting our military men and women on pedestals and using them as props. Brees was thankfully called out and apologized. Those who are angry with that probably are just ignorant to begin with and won't change their ways 

And that is all I will say in this thread to not get it too off topic 

DJackson10 said:
Brees comments were absolutely tone death on the situation at hand. Too many people have made it about support of a Flag. This Anthem stuff is cheap patriotism brainwashing that has been used across the world such as Nazi Germany, North Korea, Russia etc. The military thing is a different rabbit hole completely we could go down. I'll just put it this way and leave this topic at rest here. Using the Anthem is a cheap cop out and being tone deaf on the situation for lack of supporting military etc. These protestors being gassed and militarized by the police and our military occupying the street are you mad about it? if you are now you know how half the world feels about us when we "help them". Brees comments were nothing more then buzz words used by the right and Trump routinely to try and dehumanize the protests and social injustice in this country to minorities. Brees has been part of locker rooms with numerous monitory players over the yrs who have talked about their issues growing up. 

Brees got called out like he should have. Yes he apologized but honestly if I was a minority player who was a teammate of his I don't know how I'd feel about continuing to play with him. Talented player no doubt but when a teammate doesn't get or respect what I believe in then honestly how can I trust them to have my back on the field. 

Malik Jackson did a great interview with Jeff Skeverskey of Channel 6 the other day. Jackson talked how there is a lot of racist players in the leagues. He didn't name names but he also mentioned how some of them hide it as well. This isn't saying Brees is racist though. I'm just saying there's a huge issue here. And honestly Brees comments were completely ignorant and tone deaf on the situation. Like I already stated it was cheap buzz word propaganda thats been sewn together by the right over he last few yrs. This is the group that says they are patriots and care for the troops yet when they comeback needing help they are nowhere to be found. Just be a good little solider for us and don't ask questions. When we have used you for what we need you for we'll just discard you and put you down like a sick sled dog. We need to stop putting our military men and women on pedestals and using them as props. Brees was thankfully called out and apologized. Those who are angry with that probably are just ignorant to begin with and won't change their ways 

And that is all I will say in this thread to not get it too off topic 
Brees comments were bad but it was just a mistake (we've all made them).  He's already apologized.  I can't believe people are still making a big deal out of this.  The guy has been a class act his entire career and one bad comment apparently changes everything.

Users who are viewing this thread