What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

Yes... yes we will be.  Look at our schedule.
I have and you're exaggerating.   If you think this is a 3 win team this year you're very very wrong.  I assure you we won't be a top 3 pick this year, and definitely not #1. As bad as we look, we aren't remotely near the worst.

I have and you're exaggerating.   If you think this is a 3 win team this year you're very very wrong.  I assure you we won't be a top 3 pick this year, and definitely not #1. As bad as we look, we aren't remotely near the worst.
if we lose to cinci would that change your mind?   cause im not sure we are gonna win that one and they were the worst team last year

I have us at 5-11. With an upset over SF in the mix. 5-11 puts us firmly in the conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a crappy year in an already crappy year. Carson looks lost, we lose a starting OL per week (watch out Kelce) and literally every WR/TE/RB was WIDE OPEN it was an awful game to watch. 

if we lose to cinci would that change your mind?   cause im not sure we are gonna win that one and they were the worst team last year
Nope it wouldn't.  To be in the mix for TL we would need to win 3 games this year.  I see our absolute FLOOR as 4-5 wins.  There is absolutely zero chance we get the #1 pick.

I have been wondering this myself, without alcohol, ever since the pick was made. If it wasn't pure incompetence by Howie, which it could be, it either had to be from having no faith in Wentz to stay healthy or from thinking he'll hang it up after this contract is done. 
I think people are looking to much into the pick. This is what it's about and nothing more. This team is always trying to be the smartest people in the room. They saw what Peyton and NO did with Taysum Hill and thought they could do it better and sexier then them. I think we are, especially on offense trying trying to get too cute when we at this point need to go back to the basics. 

I said this in the game thread but I don't know why they refuse to use the hurry up or no huddle unless they are forced to at end of halves or games they need quick scores. Carson and the offense look a lot better and comfortable when they do this. It's something I've been harping on for over a year now. I'm not saying go full Chip Kelly Offense speed here but them huddling up and all seems like a waste for this team. They are in so much more rhythm when they go hurry up or no huddle it's amazing 

Side thing that’s pissing me off—We had 300 cardboard cut outs in the stands because our ####### governor just keeps his thumb down on us and Dallas over 21,000 fans at their game.
Won't get into the politics issue here but lets just say compared to other states we are doing a lot better in terms of who's contracting it over others. I've had co workers come back from the shore and say don't go down there. I've had co workers comeback and go out on quarantine because they tested positive or were in contact with someone who's had it. It's a disaster. I'd rather be safe then sorry. 

As for the fans that's totally on the NFL at this point telling teams they can if their state allows it. NFL should've went for a league wide statement but they care too much about the money. 

Nope it wouldn't.  To be in the mix for TL we would need to win 3 games this year.  I see our absolute FLOOR as 4-5 wins.  There is absolutely zero chance we get the #1 pick.
If they lose to Cincy this week, at home, how could you be confident in beating anyone? I mean, they will, but a loss this week probably puts them at an 0-6 start and perhaps they just say screw it and put in Hurts the rest of the way.

I think they will very likely get to 4-5 wins, but no way is that the absolute floor, especially if they lose this week.

If they lose to Cincy this week, at home, how could you be confident in beating anyone? I mean, they will, but a loss this week probably puts them at an 0-6 start and perhaps they just say screw it and put in Hurts the rest of the way.

I think they will very likely get to 4-5 wins, but no way is that the absolute floor, especially if they lose this week.
My main response was to the poster saying 5 wins would put us in the mix for Lawrence, which is simply incorrect.  Click-bait.

Do you really think this Eagles team has a floor of 2 wins?  We always win games we're not supposed to win, and still have 3 games vs wash/nyg.

The chance of us going 2-14 and possibly drafting him are zero.

That #14 guy in Seattle looks ok. Not as good as JJAW though. 
Can we give it up already. Numerous teams passed on the guy and for good reason. I feel I have this same debate with my fellow bulls fans on Micheal Porter JR. A lot of teams passed on both for Red Flags. Red Flag Medical issues to be exact. So far it hasn't comeback and bit either team. You should be more mad that we drafted a CB for this team in the 2nd no longer here when we could've had Kamara, Juju, or Kupp instead. In that same draft we took Rasul Douglas and 3 picks later James Conner went. 2017 draft really set us back IMHO over the others. 

Doug doesn't need to go. I think he's a good HC.

What he is NOT, is a good HC/OC combo. Get a OC from outside the org that can call plays. I think Doug can do a great job rallying the troops, keeping things together, but we need an actual OC.

And I'm out on Jim Schwartz. We saw it in the Super Bowl, we saw it every year since. Guys constantly wide open, lack of sacks and TO's. I'm ready to say it's the scheme. Teams have adjusted, and he has not countered.

I don't know on Carson. I was so optimistic at the end of last year, thought he turned a corner and was getting it. He looks like a rookie out there now.
I was just talking about this after last game with My Co worker who's son work as a coach for them. It sounds more like Carson hasn't been comfortable with any OC/QB Coach since both Flip and Reich left. Also Doug seems to be trying to get too cute on offense when they need to get back to basics. Some players have talent but really its up to the coaching staff sometimes to coach that talent and mold It what it needs to be. It doesn't sound like the Eagles have done what's best for Carson in awhile. 

As for the fans that's totally on the NFL at this point telling teams they can if their state allows it. NFL should've went for a league wide statement but they care too much about the money. 
I was for league-wide parity, but even Jeffery Lurie thinks its ok this way:
Do we really want to prevent those 20,000 fans in wherever it is to be unable to watch their team play because we're not able to have fans on the East Coast? I don't think so. Fans are the backbone of the sport. I really believe that – I wouldn't want to sit here and tell you that we're going to stop those fans in Arizona or wherever it is from attending if it's safe there just because we think there's some advantage. I'd rather have them enjoy our sport.

Nah I see him more like EDP but not as over the top with the N Bombs and cursing. I hated Chip Kelly but the dude went over the top when he said he hoped Chip's house burned with him in it. Theres passionate and then there's being an idiot and that idiot part is what gets our fanbase the bad rep that people defend with the "we're being passionate" line. 

My main response was to the poster saying 5 wins would put us in the mix for Lawrence, which is simply incorrect.  Click-bait.

Do you really think this Eagles team has a floor of 2 wins?  We always win games we're not supposed to win, and still have 3 games vs wash/nyg.

The chance of us going 2-14 and possibly drafting him are zero.
In this crazy season of covid and injuries, sure, I think they have a floor of 2 wins. They've already lost to Washington, who is one of the worst teams in the league, and if they lose this week to Cincy, who would they be favored against the rest of the way? The Giants, maybe @ the Giants, and Washington? Plus, if they go into that last game of the season vs. Washington with only a few wins they'll likely try to lose it.

I don't expect it to happen but if they lose this week it's pretty likely they start off 0-6. What if they fire the coach and/or change QBs? What if Sanders and/or Wentz go down again? Like I said, I don't expect them to be in the running but it isn't zero IMO if they lose next week, which is what I responded to.

Do we really want to prevent those 20,000 fans in wherever it is to be unable to watch their team play because we're not able to have fans on the East Coast? I don't think so. Fans are the backbone of the sport. I really believe that – I wouldn't want to sit here and tell you that we're going to stop those fans in Arizona or wherever it is from attending if it's safe there just because we think there's some advantage. I'd rather have them enjoy our sport.
Again I won't get into the politics here but I disagree with some areas who are letting fans in their stadiums because they are big risk states Texas and Zona especially. My Friend who teaches in ARZ they are doing remote learning in her district and she even said if she could attend the Eagles games in Arizona she wouldn't. It's just too much risk in such a high risk area. I know the precautions the NFL is taking but one idiot fan can ruin an entire football season right now. We all know how much the NFL really cares about player safety. It's more of less lets create rules that are CYA"s and protect us against lawsuits. 

Yes fans are the backbone and I think Lurie is just too nice sometimes when it comes to certain issues. I can't complain too much about the guy he's incredible person and boss from those I've talked too though. 

In this crazy season of covid and injuries, sure, I think they have a floor of 2 wins. They've already lost to Washington, who is one of the worst teams in the league, and if they lose this week to Cincy, who would they be favored against the rest of the way? The Giants, maybe @ the Giants, and Washington? Plus, if they go into that last game of the season vs. Washington with only a few wins they'll likely try to lose it.

I don't expect it to happen but if they lose this week it's pretty likely they start off 0-6. What if they fire the coach and/or change QBs? What if Sanders and/or Wentz go down again? Like I said, I don't expect them to be in the running but it isn't zero IMO if they lose next week, which is what I responded to.
Doesn't matter if we are favoured or not... we play better when we aren't. 

And no we won't "try" to lose the last game.  Nobody does that.  Carson would be playing for his potential job and wouldn't miss throws on purpose.

Even if we lose this week I'd expect us to beat SF.  Or upset Pitt or something.  That's how Philly teams work. 

The fact is, there will be a 2 win team this year, and it won't be us.  The Lawrence talk is just click-bait and one dude bringing it up who didn't do his research and didn't realize that his 5 win prediction doesn't even REMOTELY put us in the talks for top pick.  I'd be pretty willing to bet just about anything that we don't end up with the worst record in the league this year. 

My other issue is I work in an essential work place in food retail. Not sure if you or others are shopping on a day of game or there on a Monday or Thursday evening before a game but in my area it's packed. Multiple people buying stuff for the game, having people over etc. If it's a home game forget about it especially with tailgating. Those who don't get up at the butt crack of dawn are in my store in a line for the liquor section 10 mins before 9am (When you can sell alcohol in PA on a Sun) and heading down. How many people do you think are before the game tailgating following CDC guidelines? If it's anything it was at the shore this year I'd say a high % aren't. Now say a few of those people are positive. They go to the game and aren't wearing their mask properly etc. Now say a staff member for event gets it and passes it to other staff without knowing. Then team personal get it. Now that fan is going back to the stores. You are just putting too many people at risk at this point. I'm happy I work in an area and state that follows this seriously. I feel bad for people I know in my company or have moved elsewhere and family who work similar jobs in states who don't. Just think the risk isn't worth the reward for fans this year. 

6.5 point faves next week.  Cinci seemed like a trap game for sure... 10 days rest and much improved team and qb.  I don't think it's a gimme win at all.

6.5 point faves next week.  Cinci seemed like a trap game for sure... 10 days rest and much improved team and qb.  I don't think it's a gimme win at all.
Burrow is a future top 5 QB in this league if he keeps progressing. He's not there yet and still a rookie but they need to be careful. I was really impressed with him at LSU 

Carson Wentz through 2 weeks:
- Passer grade 42.7 (worst in league)
- Sacked 8 times (worst in league)
- 4 INTs (tied worst with Cousins)
- 64.4 passer rating (4th worst)
- 13 poor throws (2nd worst in league)
- 32.9 % on target throws (tied 6th worst)
Since Wentz came into the league, 20 QBs have attempted over 1,500 passes. Wentz ranks 14th of 20 in both completion percentage and ANY/A.

The 6 guys behind him are Bortles, Newton, Eli, Dalton, and Winston / Goff (on C%) or Keenum / Flacco (on ANY/A). These are not lists of names you want your nine-figure franchise QB to be even remotely associated with.

I thought Wentz would be great and want Wentz to be great ... but I said the same things about Mariota a couple years ago, too. You can hand-wave things away only so much - at some point the numbers have to speak for themselves.

Can we give it up already. Numerous teams passed on the guy and for good reason. I feel I have this same debate with my fellow bulls fans on Micheal Porter JR. A lot of teams passed on both for Red Flags. Red Flag Medical issues to be exact. So far it hasn't comeback and bit either team. You should be more mad that we drafted a CB for this team in the 2nd no longer here when we could've had Kamara, Juju, or Kupp instead. In that same draft we took Rasul Douglas and 3 picks later James Conner went. 2017 draft really set us back IMHO over the others. 
How many of the teams that passed on him needed a big speed WR? How many already had a slow power forward type of receiver? How many drafted another slow power forward type receiver before the big fast guy they needed? 

Not only was DK listed as one of the best available he was a position and type of player we needed. 

And you can go scratch with the red flag crap too. We’ve made some insanely bad picks of guys who had way bigger red flags. For a decent example see Jones, Sidney. 

Since Wentz came into the league, 20 QBs have attempted over 1,500 passes. Wentz ranks 14th of 20 in both completion percentage and ANY/A.

The 6 guys behind him are Bortles, Newton, Eli, Dalton, and Winston / Goff (on C%) or Keenum / Flacco (on ANY/A). These are not lists of names you want your nine-figure franchise QB to be even remotely associated with.

I thought Wentz would be great and want Wentz to be great ... but I said the same things about Mariota a couple years ago, too. You can hand-wave things away only so much - at some point the numbers have to speak for themselves.
The truth hurts. 

The question is how long before they do something about it?  They did just draft a qb.....

How many of the teams that passed on him needed a big speed WR? How many already had a slow power forward type of receiver? How many drafted another slow power forward type receiver before the big fast guy they needed? 

Not only was DK listed as one of the best available he was a position and type of player we needed. 

And you can go scratch with the red flag crap too. We’ve made some insanely bad picks of guys who had way bigger red flags. For a decent example see Jones, Sidney. 
And jones was severely hurt!

A lot of teams needed a WR like DK CHI Most teams were built with Big Wideouts who needed a speedster

Yes he was but how many times are you gonna risk on guys with medical conditions? They probably got gun shy after the Jones pick

You don't have to tell me about Jones I already have gone over this. Plus the guys we've past on who IMHO are much better talents right now then DK. Jones was a Joe Douglas,/Schwartz pick. Only one of those guys is still here. 

That ship sailed 
Probably true but what I've noticed in these past 5 years is that it seems to swing back and forth like a pendulum based on who is on a hot stretch and who is struggling.  They've both had moments in their career where they've looked great and both have also had stretches where they struggled.  Just look at last year and how Wentz closed out the season after struggling early on.  Someone already stated it earlier but coaching really does make a big difference.

Someone already stated it earlier but coaching really does make a big difference.
absolutely. Cam looks like he could be MVP under the real GOT vader. i really wish he would stop doing that stupid superman celebration though, bro, scoreboard. 

but i digress. nothing against doug here yet and Wentz should get a pass for a few games. the scheduling has been brutal under the circumstances with the injuries and no preseason and it's not getting any better till our bye. odds are good 2020 is a lost season, but let's see if Wentz can get into a groove soon and make better decisions. play calling can improve too to help him with that imo.

Bigboy10182000 said:
:lmao:  we’ve seen Dak with weapons similar to Wentz at times. We’ve seen enough to not get into debates about who the tallest midget is but here you are.....
I’m mostly poking fun, and you’re one of the few in this thread that can take it.

So I won’t ask you who you’d rather have rest of the year if you could choose

Pigskin Fanatic said:
absolutely. Cam looks like he could be MVP under the real GOT vader. i really wish he would stop doing that stupid superman celebration though, bro, scoreboard. 

but i digress. nothing against doug here yet and Wentz should get a pass for a few games. the scheduling has been brutal under the circumstances with the injuries and no preseason and it's not getting any better till our bye. odds are good 2020 is a lost season, but let's see if Wentz can get into a groove soon and make better decisions. play calling can improve too to help him with that imo.
One of the issues people took with the guy who did a scathing report on Cam and was pretty much right on him was he knows where the cameras are at all times. I'm shocked given his personality that BB and the Pats took him as he's not the type of player they'd look for "The Patriot Way". 

Hey at least we aren't the 49ers. Everything from the MRI machine to plane issues 

Field Yates

@FieldYates

The 49ers have five WR & Richard Sherman on IR, starting C on PUP, Jimmy G & their top two RB hurt, George Kittle has a sprained knee, Nick Bosa & Solomon Thomas have likely ACL tears, Dee Ford is hurt, the MRI machine broke & their plane got hit on the runway. Other than that...

Hey at least we aren't the 49ers. Everything from the MRI machine to plane issues 

Field Yates

@FieldYates

The 49ers have five WR & Richard Sherman on IR, starting C on PUP, Jimmy G & their top two RB hurt, George Kittle has a sprained knee, Nick Bosa & Solomon Thomas have likely ACL tears, Dee Ford is hurt, the MRI machine broke & their plane got hit on the runway. Other than that...
Now that's some bad luck.  But at least they had their Super Bowl run last year.

One of the issues people took with the guy who did a scathing report on Cam and was pretty much right on him was he knows where the cameras are at all times. I'm shocked given his personality that BB and the Pats took him as he's not the type of player they'd look for "The Patriot Way". 
The Patriot way, is winning games. Newton has and is continuing to do that. They were a yard from beating Seattle, who is the NFC's best in my opinion.

I personally think Wentz will turn it around. Washington and the Rams both have a bunch of DL talent. If he struggles against the Bengals, then its time to hit the panic button.

I've never been a huge Wentz supporter, I think he's in the 10-15 range of QBs, with guys like Stafford, and Goff, but I'm pretty sure he just the 2 worst games he's going to have.

humpback said:

Except I'm not so sure Washington is one of the worst in the league right now...that D-line is gonna keep them in a lot of games

The Philadelphia #Eagles are dead last in DVOA after 2 weeks. Since 1985, only one team ranked dead last after 2 weeks and still made the playoffs: the 1989 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Five different teams have come back from being the worst team in DVOA after 2 weeks to post a 9-7 record, although only the 89 Steelers made the playoffs:
1989 Steelers
1990 Seahawks
1992 Packers
1994 Raiders
2005 Vikings

Users who are viewing this thread