What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (6 Viewers)

Ok seems fair. If they go 1-3 over their next 4 games they are out of the playoff picture at 1-5. Wentz will be taking all kinds of heat from the Philly fans. You don't think Philly will want to take a look? 

I originally thought it would take an injury to get Hurts in the game and that is still very much in play but if Wentz keeps playing like this Hurts is coming in. Maybe only for the 4th quarter of a blow out but thats all he needs. If he flashes and the offense gets a bump Wentz won't survive the fan backlash. 
Pick any QB you like and take their worst 2 game stretch of their careers and do what you’re doing with extrapolating it out to 6 games and ask the same question. Add in there’s no pre-season and a complete overhaul at OL and WR as well. 

Jalen Hurts was the 5th QB taken.....and a second round pick. Why is he know being talked about as if he were picked as a successor? This isn’t a Rodgers/Love situation. 

I get it, you made a prediction and you want to see it through. You’re hoping you’re right and that’s fine. You’re not there yet and may never be there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok seems fair. If they go 1-3 over their next 4 games they are out of the playoff picture at 1-5. Wentz will be taking all kinds of heat from the Philly fans. You don't think Philly will want to take a look?
No.

I get it, you made a prediction and you want to see it through. You’re hoping you’re right and that’s fine. You’re not there yet and may never be there. 
He was doing good there for a while calming down his crazy predictions but seems they're back.

No, the Eagles will not be starting Hurts.

Pick any QB you like and take their worst 2 game stretch of their careers and do what you’re doing with extrapolating it out to 6 games and ask the same question. Add in there’s no pre-season and a complete overhaul at OL and WR as well. 

Jalen Hurts was the 5th QB taken.....and a second round pick. Why is he know being talked about as if he were picked as a successor? This isn’t a Rodgers/Love situation. 

Hey I'm not trying to piss you guys off but if my prediction was going to come true this is exactly how the start of it would look. I think the philly fans in here are fighting it because they aren't ready emotionally to admit Wentz really isn't that good. I could be wrong on that read but that's what it seems like. 

I'll stay out of here unless they actually do it at which point I will come in here and humbly proclaim I got one right and move on. Well unless I have a question about some philly players. 

Cheers!

I had an open roster spot in fantasy since I was lucky enough to have Sutton, Campbell and Barkley in the same team so after filing all my IR spots I just grabbed Hightower. Could be a sneaky play
Djax will be hurt next although I guess he kinda already is

Last edited by a moderator:
Jalen Reagor has ruptured his UCL.

Study from 2018 on UCL injuries in NFL included 5 WRs.
- Average return to play time was 80 days (about 2½ months)
- Level of play and games started rate did not change (good prognosis)
Drew Brees was back in 5 games from it.  I say he misses 6 games and then we have our bye.  Back week 10. 

Sigh. This is turning out to be the perfect season for Carson to have his worst year. Maybe he get's it all out of his system and returns to normal next year. 

Realistically looking at the Bengals game - #IStillHaveFaith somehow and I think we win. I mean its against a rookie QB, and maybe we play like its game 3 of the preseason? I don't know anymore, but the Bengals don't really scare me, but then again, I doubt we scare anyone either. Thinking we run the ball hopefully a lot and win a grind it out game as we still figure out what we are. Desean, Goedert, Ertz and Miles must be the focal points. I don't want to see JJaw again, but he will play for sure unfortunately with Reagor needing surgery. I want to see more of Hightower ahead of him in all honesty. Nothing good happens when JJaw is involved and I am probably not gonna change my mind much on him, but I guess we need a body now so I get that he will be out there. Defense HAS to be better. 

Wentz is def the better passer but Hurts brings another element to the offense. Feels like the Philly offense could use that. 
Wentz has that element too. I guess you forget some of his Houdini tricks he's pulled out? Hurts can barely read a defense and he blows up in the biggest game of his career and got benched. Bama hid a lot of Hurts issues. Theres very little defense in the big 12. I'm not saying Hurts should have changed NFL positions more so I think a lot of people overrate him after 1 year of successful football which happens a lot especially to guys from the Big 12. Remember what an all world beater people though Baker Mayfield would be? He's been pretty avg sometime above avg vs weaker teams. I thought Mayfield would be really bad and part of that was his maturity which he seems to have matured after a few yrs. Hurts doesn't have maturity issues but I think he goes a similar path as Baker. 

On the other hand I think Carson issues is he needs a better QB coach and I think he needs to get and stay healthy. The stop and start doesn't help him. He and the offense seems to get real comfortable with no huddle or some sort of hurry up offense. When they are forced into it they seem to get into a rhythm and it seems there's a lot of agreement from everyone I talk to including people here who agree with that. The sky isn't falling yet dude. Lay off the jabronies on WIP for awhile. It kills the Football IQ in people. 

Jalen Reagor has ruptured his UCL.

Study from 2018 on UCL injuries in NFL included 5 WRs.
- Average return to play time was 80 days (about 2½ months)
- Level of play and games started rate did not change (good prognosis)
Reagor has the same injury that kept Brees out 5 games last year if you want to compare players. Obviously different positions but just an FYI 

Yeah after year if changing medical staffs and the same thing over and over. Ironically this was rarely the case with any Chip team. Maybe they over compensated?
At least our medical staff isn't puncturing players lungs and hurting the players. They are doing that on their own 

Wentz has that element too. I guess you forget some of his Houdini tricks he's pulled out? Hurts can barely read a defense and he blows up in the biggest game of his career and got benched. Bama hid a lot of Hurts issues. Theres very little defense in the big 12. I'm not saying Hurts should have changed NFL positions more so I think a lot of people overrate him after 1 year of successful football which happens a lot especially to guys from the Big 12. Remember what an all world beater people though Baker Mayfield would be? He's been pretty avg sometime above avg vs weaker teams. I thought Mayfield would be really bad and part of that was his maturity which he seems to have matured after a few yrs. Hurts doesn't have maturity issues but I think he goes a similar path as Baker. 

On the other hand I think Carson issues is he needs a better QB coach and I think he needs to get and stay healthy. The stop and start doesn't help him. He and the offense seems to get real comfortable with no huddle or some sort of hurry up offense. When they are forced into it they seem to get into a rhythm and it seems there's a lot of agreement from everyone I talk to including people here who agree with that. The sky isn't falling yet dude. Lay off the jabronies on WIP for awhile. It kills the Football IQ in people. 
Wentz is Houdini in the pocket. 

And still better then Hurts. The dude hasn't even gotten half of the the QB playbook yet. He's being used as a Taysom Hill this season. If Wentz gets injured expect to see Sudefield in the game not Hurts. 
We shall see my friend. I'll see myself out. 

It's bad but Wentz has started slow before and turned it around. I am hopeful he'll do it again (maybe quicker pls).

The defense, no clue. Seems like the same #### over and over with them. We need to clean house. Love BG and Cox - but we are paying them a LOT of cap space for little return.

You already said that earlier today :lol:  
I think he outted himself for trolling. Is he related to Marcus Spears who tried to compare Wentz to Jamis Winston on ge out? First of off I could tell you just by all the off field reasons they shouldn't be mentioned in the same name let alone compared to one another on a football field 

It's bad but Wentz has started slow before and turned it around. I am hopeful he'll do it again (maybe quicker pls).

The defense, no clue. Seems like the same #### over and over with them. We need to clean house. Love BG and Cox - but we are paying them a LOT of cap space for little return.
I have no clue if he said this our not as I haven't seen it unless I'm not looking it up in correct terms but apparently someone put out that Adam Caplan said from talking to his friends in the league on teams the Eagles defense is the easiest to play as they don't disguise anything. Again I'm not sure how real that quote is but it wouldn't surprise me either 

Users who are viewing this thread