What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

Pip's Invitation said:
I’m not sure I even know who Jamon Brown is.
Per PFF, pressures allowed yesterday:

Jamon Brown: 9

Every OL not named Jamon Brown, combined: 4

Don't watch this clip on a full stomach.

Calias Campbell and his 3 sacks can probably expect DPoW, so maybe Brown getting a fruit basket as a thank you is something good that will come out of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Noid said:
This is how it looked by the end of the game for the team we were fielding:

QB1

RB1 RB2 RB3

TE1 TE2 TE3 TE4 TE5 TE6

WR1 WR2 WR3 WR4 WR5 WR6 WR7 WR8

LT1 LT2* LT3

LG1 LG2 

C

RG1 RG2* RG3 RG4

RT1 RT2 RT3

DE1 DE2 DE3 DE4

DT1 DT2 DT3 DT4

LB1 LB2 LB3 LB4 LB5 LB6

CB1 CB2 CB3 CB4 CB5 CB6

S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 S6

(* counting Peters as LT2/RG2)
I just can’t stop looking at this 🤢 

JetMaxx said:
Pip's Invitation said:
I’m not sure I even know who Jamon Brown is.
When pre-snap Jamon Brown was telling Brett Toth who to block I realized we entered another level of 🤦‍♂️

Per PFF, pressures allowed yesterday:

Jamon Brown: 9

Every OL not named Jamon Brown, combined: 4

Don't watch this clip on a full stomach.

Calias Campbell and his 3 sacks can probably expect DPoW, so maybe Brown getting a fruit basket as a thank you is something good that will come out of this.
I know he was bagging groceries a month ago but this man was given a $18-19M 3-year by Atlanta a little over a year ago. 2,328 NFL career snaps coming into this game.

You’d have thought they saw a huge dude trimming the hedges along the practice facility & asked him if he was interested in a raise.

Caplan: “DeSean, here’s the real story, 2 people who know thought DeSean was playing. It’s really now up to DeSean. There is no reason he shouldn’t play Thursday. If he doesn’t play I’m throwing my hands up and not reporting on him anymore. It’s not a bad hamstring come on play!”

Caplan: “DeSean, here’s the real story, 2 people who know thought DeSean was playing. It’s really now up to DeSean. There is no reason he shouldn’t play Thursday. If he doesn’t play I’m throwing my hands up and not reporting on him anymore. It’s not a bad hamstring come on play!”
I'm just confused by this whole situation at this point 

He’s just cashing in and getting ready for retirement. Need to cut him once Raegor is back and move on. 
I'm not as concerned about that as I am about the whole medical situation as a whole. Something needs to change. We changed medical staffs and the same crap continues to happen year after year. The secrecy of these injuries is mind blowing. One week someone says oh the player wants to play but the Med staff said he wasn't ready. The next week its said player again oh its not the medical staff its just up to them at this point. No one can get a story straight. A lot of times I think these guys just throw stuff up there hoping something sticks since there's zero accountability in journalism and everyone is afraid to ask the tough questions in fear of losing out on their access to the team in general. Not saying I don't believe Caplan it's just the whole thing is a mess. I miss when reporters asked the tough questions and if a coach/player/team tried to run around the bush they'd press them harder. 

NFC East - W - L - T - PCT - PF - PA - STRK - SOS Remaining - Tough Opps - Easier Opps

1 - Cowboys - 2 - 4 - 0 - .333 - 173 - 218 - L1 - .364 - Tough: PIT, BAL, SF - Easier: WAS, WAS, NYG, MIN, CIN, PHI, PHI

2 - Eagles - 1 - 4 - 1 - .250 - 141 - 175 - L2 - .474 - Tough: SEA, GB, CLE, ARI, NO - Easier: WAS, NYG, NYG, DAL, DAL

3 - Giants - 1 - 5 - 0 - .167 - 101 - 152 - W1 - .500 - Tough: SEA, BAL, TB, CLE, ARI - Easier: WAS, CIN, PHI, PHI, DAL

4 - Washington - 1 - 5 - 0 - .167 - 108 - 162 - L5 - .456 - Tough: PIT, SEA, SF, CAR - Easier: NYG, CIN, PHI, DAL, DAL, DET

If all above tough games are loses and easy games are wins and all NFC East series end up split 1-1...

1 - Cowboys - 6 - 10 - 0

2 - Washington - 5 - 11 - 0

3 - Eagles - 4 - 11 - 1 

4 - Giants - 4 - 12 - 0

Oof.

NFC East - W - L - T - PCT - PF - PA - STRK - SOS Remaining - Tough Opps - Easier Opps

1 - Cowboys - 2 - 4 - 0 - .333 - 173 - 218 - L1 - .364 - Tough: PIT, BAL, SF - Easier: WAS, WAS, NYG, MIN, CIN, PHI, PHI

2 - Eagles - 1 - 4 - 1 - .250 - 141 - 175 - L2 - .474 - Tough: SEA, GB, CLE, ARI, NO - Easier: WAS, NYG, NYG, DAL, DAL

3 - Giants - 1 - 5 - 0 - .167 - 101 - 152 - W1 - .500 - Tough: SEA, BAL, TB, CLE, ARI - Easier: WAS, CIN, PHI, PHI, DAL

4 - Washington - 1 - 5 - 0 - .167 - 108 - 162 - L5 - .456 - Tough: PIT, SEA, SF, CAR - Easier: NYG, CIN, PHI, DAL, DAL, DET

If all above tough games are loses and easy games are wins and all NFC East series end up split 1-1...

1 - Cowboys - 6 - 10 - 0

3 - Eagles - 4 - 12 - 1 

4 - Giants - 4 - 12 - 0

Oof.
At least the Eagles show initiative and lose an extra game

1 - Cowboys - 6 - 10 - 0

3 - Eagles - 4 - 12 - 1 

4 - Giants - 4 - 12 - 0

Oof.
There’s no easier with any of these teams. Every opponent is tough 

At least the Eagles show initiative and lose an extra game
Despite the records, in an unprecedented move the league decides that no team is worthy of a playoff spot.  However, since the spot needs to be filled, they hand it to the Eagles based on the hardships that the team had to deal with it.  It's a nice story.  The Eagles promptly reward the league back by getting blown out in the wildcard matchup.

Despite the records, in an unprecedented move the league decides that no team is worthy of a playoff spot.  However, since the spot needs to be filled, they hand it to the Eagles based on the hardships that the team had to deal with it.  It's a nice story.  The Eagles promptly reward the league back by getting blown out in the wildcard matchup.
Of course by the time the Eagles got to the wildcard game, they were starting Wentz, Kelce, and 19 starters from the Division III Franklin & Marshall Fightin' Dips! (Short for Diplomats and my Alma Mater)

So it looks like we now have to choose one or the other: Either Wentz gets hurt and the rest of the team basically stays healthy or Wentz stays healthy and the rest of the team gets injured. I think we are being punished for winning the Super Bowl when we weren't supposed to.

Could winning the division and likely losing round 1, be the difference in Draft Pick #19 vs Pick #8 or so?

Could winning the division and likely losing round 1, be the difference in Draft Pick #19 vs Pick #8 or so?
Well, right now, having that tie is the difference between picking 10th in the draft and potentially picking top 5. 

I will not root for a tank job, but lol having a high pick seems like something more needed in 2021 with the way this season and our cap next year looks.

Eagles win the next 2. Go into the bye 3-4-1. Come out week 10 beat the giants. 4-4-1. Starting to get guys back healthy. Beat Cleveland, 5-4-1. Then the dreaded Sea-GB-NO part of the schedule but 2 of those are at home. If you can go at least 1-2 in that stretch, come out the other side to week 15 at 6-6-1. Finish with Ari-Dal-Was. So at worst we should be 8-7-1. At best 9-6-1. Rolling into the playoffs healthy and having won 8 of 10 and hosting a home playoff game. 

Or they can go into the ####ter and lose out. Who knows. 

When interviewed last season and asked about what the next "big thing" could be in the NFL as teams look to stay on the cutting edge of innovation, Passing Game Coordinator Press Taylor said this: 

I think at some point, one of the big things will be having multiple people on the field who can throw the ball. That's something going forward, you've seen the Philly Special, you've seen all different versions of double passes. I think at some point I can see something like that coming into play. I'm not necessarily saying that the Eagles will be doing that. I just think that can be something that's pushing the envelope.
:oldunsure:
If we lose to the Giants, I think we should just lean into the craziness of 2020, and this NFL season, and just use the rest of the games to work out the kinks on 2 QB sets, no punting on 4th down ever, 7 DB "dollar" packages, and every other fringe innovation out there that could be the next big thing!

so we can draft a QB? #rimshot
I mean. If we somehow got #1 pick, a rebuild will be easier.

And haha, if you aren't on the Carson Train, you never will be. 

But we need new guys on the lines. We need any good LB we can get. Slay ain't young. Gonna need a new TE2 probably. There are a ton of holes we need to fill. I'd rather have the shot at the best guys. If we get into the playoffs, cool. But we aren't going far at all. 

I mean. If we somehow got #1 pick, a rebuild will be easier.

And haha, if you aren't on the Carson Train, you never will be. 

But we need new guys on the lines. We need any good LB we can get. Slay ain't young. Gonna need a new TE2 probably. There are a ton of holes we need to fill. I'd rather have the shot at the best guys. If we get into the playoffs, cool. But we aren't going far at all. 
There's a guy in the draft that's pretty good who could be like a TE1B. People have him projected from early 2nd to mid 1st round. I don't know enough about the LBs and Oline guys for this draft yet. The 21 draft might be harder then this past years given all the football not being played.  I was a TE, 1 LB and some OL in this draft. If possible someone with the DC other then Schwartz name would be nice. Given their cap the team should focus on low risk high reward signings. Not sure how much Ertz being injured effects us trying to trade him at the deadline but I'm at the point trading him this offseason has to happen now. 

There are a ton of holes we need to fill. I'd rather have the shot at the best guys. If we get into the playoffs, cool. But we aren't going far at all. 

Eagles win the next 2. Go into the bye 3-4-1. Come out week 10 beat the giants. 4-4-1. Starting to get guys back healthy. Beat Cleveland, 5-4-1. Then the dreaded Sea-GB-NO part of the schedule but 2 of those are at home. If you can go at least 1-2 in that stretch, come out the other side to week 15 at 6-6-1. Finish with Ari-Dal-Was. So at worst we should be 8-7-1. At best 9-6-1. Rolling into the playoffs healthy and having won 8 of 10 and hosting a home playoff game.

Well, right now, having that tie is the difference between picking 10th in the draft and potentially picking top 5. 

I will not root for a tank job, but lol having a high pick seems like something more needed in 2021 with the way this season and our cap next year looks.
To play devil's Advocate, do we even want to win the division?

1st Place:
- 1st Round Playoff Loss
- Pick 19 in the draft
- Games vs Green Bay and Seattle next year

2nd Place:
- No Playoff game
- Top 8(?) Pick in the draft
- Games vs Chicago and Arizona or the Rams next year

Winning this division would mean pick 19 vs a top 8 pick for coming 2nd.

Also games vs Packers & Seahawks next year for div winner. Instead of Bears & Rams/Cardinals for 2nd place.

With a likely first round loss for any NFCE team, the real winners might be the 2nd place team.

To play devil's Advocate, do we even want to win the division?

1st Place:
- 1st Round Playoff Loss
- Pick 19 in the draft
- Games vs Green Bay and Seattle next year

2nd Place:
- No Playoff game
- Top 8(?) Pick in the draft
- Games vs Chicago and Arizona or the Rams next year

Winning this division would mean pick 19 vs a top 8 pick for coming 2nd.

Also games vs Packers & Seahawks next year for div winner. Instead of Bears & Rams/Cardinals for 2nd place.

With a likely first round loss for any NFCE team, the real winners might be the 2nd place team.
If you can tell me "we will get guys back, have a chance to win the first playoff game" -  yes go for it. Probability of this is less than 5% (subjective of course). 

Bragging rights, etc. Being first to win the division back to back since '04. 

I don't own and NFC East Champs gear. But would definitely buy a shirt if we do this year.

Other side of the coin: The moment we lose our playoff game, if we have one, 99% of us will be like "rather would have had the higher pick"

Pretty much a Brain vs Heart argument here. 

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Also Reagor+Peters+Driscoll
if this is the starting lineup, 3 of the 11 players (Kelce, Wentz, Rodgers) will have started a combined 218 games. The other 8 players will have started a combined 25 games.
Seen on Twitter:

Eagles injury report

Whole Team (Dead)

I see they’re contemplating moving Jamon Brown to DL. Flights grounded in Philly? On the plus side, he already has a 0.5 sacks.

Deamon said:
Fun, but if the Bears win that game, Carson will officially be buried by Philly Media and never come out of that.
I'm not sure more media criticism is going to matter to Carson at this point, but I feel you there. 

Winning the NFCE this year would be analogous to going to a restaurant that has a monster "Macho Burrito" that weighs 8 lbs and has ghost peppers in it. If you eat the whole thing in an hour, you get a T-shirt and a hat, your meal is free, and they take your picture and put it on the Wall of Fame. So, you give it a shot because you're a big dude who can eat a lot and you like hot stuff.

You get through the first couple bites ok, but then the peppers start to melt your face and you're having trouble breathing. Halfway through eating your belly starts to grumble, and you feel like you're going to puke. Luckily, you hold it in. Unfortunately, that creates a vacuum lock of pressure build up the other way and you release a gargantuan wave of lava in your shorts. Everyone crowded around, watching you and laughing, starts scrambling away, retching because the smell is so horrible. The smell is, in fact so horrible that you can no longer hold back the projectile magma that has been roiling in your gut like the earth's core. The restaurant staff snap your picture just as you start to "smother and cover" the Macho Burrito.

With everyone dying of laughter, the restaurant staff gives you a t-shirt that says "I'm not macho enough for the Macho" so you can wrap it around your waist and cover your shame. You puke picture goes on the Wall of Fame, front and center, with a caption reading "I sharted 15 minutes into eating the Macho."

So, yeah, you got your picture on the Wall of Fame. But was it worth it? That's what winning the NFCE will be like this season.

Users who are viewing this thread