Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Noid

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Guess who's back, back again, JP's back, tell a friend...

Recommended Posts

Just now, LTsharks said:

Ok. So they “reached” because their WR rankings were different than yours. Got it. 

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, LTsharks said:

Ok. So they “reached” because their WR rankings were different than yours. Got it. 

No, they reached because they painted themselves in a corner and thought they HAD to draft a wr. There were much better prospects at LB and S they could have taken (especially lb). Both are positions of need as well.

Edited by Deranged Hermit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

No, they reached because they painted themselves in a corner and thought they HAD to draft a wr. There were much better prospects at LB and S they could have taken (especially lb). Both are positions of need as well.

This. Great franchises are in the position to take BPA. This team isn't. Decided not to address WR at all in FA and likely didn't take BPA. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

No, they reached because they painted themselves in a corner and thought they HAD to draft a wr. There were much better prospects at LB and S they could have taken (especially lb). Both are positions of need as well.

Who painted us in this corner?

If you want to argue whether or not the general manager got us into this, I don’t think you’ll find much resistance from anyone on this board. but here we are, so what are you going to do? Just continue to neglect the position every single year? You just gave a quarterback over $100 million you have to give him weapons. A LBer or safer does nothing for that investment. Some teams have the luxury of picking the best player available. SOME.  Sadly, we are not one of those teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sporthenry said:

This. Great franchises are in the position to take BPA. This team isn't. Decided not to address WR at all in FA and likely didn't take BPA. 

 

Exactly. So at that point you’re left with simply two options. Take the best player available or get your hundred million dollar quarterback some weapons. What do you do?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

 

 

only mention i see, so no negative points for body catches or obvious dropsies.

 

I got to go search for it on BLG comment section but someone put a tweet where Reagor was ranked 32 in dropped passes in the nation this year. Found this on Walter football that does a nice summary of the top 50 picks not an good endorsement from a team source at TCU

Quote

Team sources say Reagor has no clue how to run a route and will need to be coached up on that. He has above average hands for a smaller speed receiver, but drops passes once in awhile. While being a dangerous receiver, Reagor also brings added value on special teams because he could be a dynamic returner in the NFL. 

Draft wire:

Quote

The biggest knock on Reagor will be inconsistent hands as a pass catcher. He did deal with suspect quarterback play during his time in Fort Worth, Texas. Although his hands can fail him at times, just needs to work on being more consistent when he gets the ball coming his way. Some of it may just be a lack of focus, can miss the gimme throws and make the spectacular plays.

 

Lance Zeirline of NFL.com

Quote

“Spotty quarterback play helped cause a production drop, but his focus and competitiveness also seemed spotty at times. 

So it sounds like he has some questionable hands Some say bad QB play however like I stated for me what impressed with about SHeanult was he dealt with bad QB play and he had no issues on drops and his QB play was worse then Reagor's QB who plays in a worst defensive conference. Mims also caught a lot of balls that were bad too. Point is you can only use bad QB play for so long on guys. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Shenault basically wasn’t even a WR....but yeah, go on lol. 

It’s 2020. Speed matters when you have none and you just gave a QB 100 million. Get him talent to grow with. 

I'd rather get my QB talent that played against actual defenses. Not a bunch of backyard defenses which is the big 12 I don't trust Big 12 players at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

While being a dangerous receiver, Reagor also brings added value on special teams because he could be a dynamic returner in the NFL

You listed the above as “not a good endorsement” lol

I’d hate to have a dangerous wide receiver who can also return kicks LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, JetMaxx said:

Trade up for Lamb or trade back for Mims. Pretty clear objective for me. 

Bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Yup, you want the next Tyreek Hill, don't look at Big12. 

What conference is Okie State in again?

Speaking of bad defenses,good thing they didn't draft Aiyuk out of Pac12. Where did DJax go again? You of all people should know.

 

I was bigger on Aiyuk then Reagor but would've been mad at reaching for him in the first. Out of the big 12 guys I liked Denzel Mims the best. But I was not high on any of those guys. I wanted one of the Bama guys or Jefferson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 5:03 PM, JetMaxx said:

I’ll be beside myself if they trade up for Lamb 👍🏼

Bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Yup, you want the next Tyreek Hill, don't look at Big12. 

What conference is Okie State in again?

Speaking of bad defenses,good thing they didn't draft Aiyuk out of Pac12. Where did DJax go again? You of all people should know.

 

Hill was a guy Liked because you could tell he had the talent to play anywhere. But he was also a more complete WR then Reagor is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, Deamon said:

I've got Lamb and Jeudy an exact deadlock for us.  Think Jeudy will be easier to trade up for though.

Bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I'd rather get my QB talent that played against actual defenses. Not a bunch of backyard defenses which is the big 12 I don't trust Big 12 players at all 

When you get a minute, please post like the top 30 or 40 wide receivers in the league along with their colleges. After that go ahead and post the same 30 best WR’s overall and their colleges. Report back with your findings 👍 

There are SO man great WR’s who have played at colleges you don’t approve of lol. Enough for you to abandon that ridiculous position. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Who watched? 

I watched and i liked what i saw. That being said, you can cherry pick film on any player and make him look good. 

I'm rooting for him, and I really hope I'm wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also this pick seems like a favor for Moorehead. According to Adam Caplan. 

Adam Caplan

@caplannfl

#Eagles WRs coach Aaron Moorehead, who played with Reagor's dad with the #Colts, did an install meeting with Jalen on video, his recall was outstanding.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the kind of night i was hoping for, but not terrible. I hope you're wrong DJax lol, but in sentiment I'm with you. He's an Eagle now, like it or not you'll be rooting for him too. :football:

Back for round 2 tomorrow! Thanks gents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Exactly. So at that point you’re left with simply two options. Take the best player available or get your hundred million dollar quarterback some weapons. What do you do?

Or maximize asset value. If you want the best weapon, you go get the best weapon. Time will tell if we actually did that but if you are so worried about getting Wentz a weapon, it seems like we should have been willing to pay up to get that. Is Lamb better than Reagor? 

By taking Reagor where we did, we essentially paid up anyways. Yes it was our pick but if we didn't 'need' him, we could have traded back and likely still got him. We were forced to overdraft a guy because we needed a weapon when we could have traded up a lot less than we thought coming into today and got Lamb. 

At the end of the day, if Reagor becomes Hill then Howie wins and worrying about a 3rd round pick may seem silly but again, all I can look at is value right now. Watching highlight tapes is pretty useless. I'm sure every WR bust has tons of highlights. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

You listed the above as “not a good endorsement” lol

I’d hate to have a dangerous wide receiver who can also return kicks LOL

You took the only good thing out of what was said by the team source. Here's the part you missed that wasn't a good endorsement Not a good endorsement when a team source says a WR has zero clue on route running. Kind of a big thing a WR needs to do. Drops passes once in awhile. And then another scout says he seems to lack competitiveness at times and loses concentration 

Team sources say Reagor has no clue how to run a route and will need to be coached up on that. He has above average hands for a smaller speed receiver, but drops passes once in awhile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deranged Hermit said:

I watched and i liked what i saw. That being said, you can cherry pick film on any player and make him look good. 

I'm rooting for him, and I really hope I'm wrong.

Yes you can. In those clips, did they match what you’ve read? On those contested catches and fades did he seem like he didn’t have hands?

Once the ball was in his hands, did he look to have amazing speed and acceleration? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Terpman22 said:

I'd be OK trading "a lot" if we get Lamb. Dillard seems talented, but if he is truly "not tough enough" might as well get primo value for him if possible. 

Bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sporthenry said:

Or maximize asset value. If you want the best weapon, you go get the best weapon. Time will tell if we actually did that but if you are so worried about getting Wentz a weapon, it seems like we should have been willing to pay up to get that. Is Lamb better than Reagor? 

By taking Reagor where we did, we essentially paid up anyways. Yes it was our pick but if we didn't 'need' him, we could have traded back and likely still got him. We were forced to overdraft a guy because we needed a weapon when we could have traded up a lot less than we thought coming into today and got Lamb. 

At the end of the day, if Reagor becomes Hill then Howie wins and worrying about a 3rd round pick may seem silly but again, all I can look at is value right now. Watching highlight tapes is pretty useless. I'm sure every WR bust has tons of highlights. 

We didn’t necessarily “pay up anyway“. If we trade up to get lamb (who i definitely wanted) it would have cost us essentially 2 other players. If you want to argue our general manager would’ve screwed those two players up anyway you won’t find much resistance from me. With all of that said, we didn’t make the trade up. So we had to make do with what we had. And I’m totally fine with the guy we picked. 

Yes I think Lamb would bet better here than Raegor. Whether he’s better there remains to be seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallas428 said:

Look here big baby...you wanted him..this thread wanted him..I don’t have to scroll back and copy paste do I?

Sure. I'm a software developer though, and he went 17 - so....we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Or maximize asset value. If you want the best weapon, you go get the best weapon. Time will tell if we actually did that but if you are so worried about getting Wentz a weapon, it seems like we should have been willing to pay up to get that. Is Lamb better than Reagor? 

By taking Reagor where we did, we essentially paid up anyways. Yes it was our pick but if we didn't 'need' him, we could have traded back and likely still got him. We were forced to overdraft a guy because we needed a weapon when we could have traded up a lot less than we thought coming into today and got Lamb. 

At the end of the day, if Reagor becomes Hill then Howie wins and worrying about a 3rd round pick may seem silly but again, all I can look at is value right now. Watching highlight tapes is pretty useless. I'm sure every WR bust has tons of highlights. 

a strong pre-draft rumour was that New Orleans was in love with Raegor. how true that is, who knows, but if there is legitimacy to it maybe they thought they didn't have much choice. 

Will be interesting to hear why they didn't take Jefferson, he was getting love all the way up at 15 from Denver. And i wonder how much of their decision here with WR has to do with them having probably 2 of the top 6-7 TEs in the league. That might be optimistic/homerish, but i think Goedert has some pretty nice upside.if that is the case, they really have to play both of them to maximize the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Noid said:

CeeDee still there at 16?? That's prime trade up territory for the Birds...

Not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deamon said:

If we don't trade with Atlanta, and Dallas gets the other WR... I'm done.

Hey...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

When you get a minute, please post like the top 30 or 40 wide receivers in the league along with their colleges. After that go ahead and post the same 30 best WR’s overall and their colleges. Report back with your findings 👍 

There are SO man great WR’s who have played at colleges you don’t approve of lol. Enough for you to abandon that ridiculous position. 

Honestly I think you are being a little over exuberant on this guy. You are talking him up like the next Randy Moss. You are completely overrating the guy. You also seem a little sore with anyone who disagrees with your opinion the guy. You're literally cherry picking every good thing. Again you showed us highlight reel tapes. Can we get what games you thought has his best tape we can watch and his worse? Maybe an all 22? 

And here's a sporting news of top 25 WRs in the NFL going into 2019 what I saw so far. I counted two the highest Mike Evans

Top 25 WRs going into 2019 season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, modogg said:

a strong pre-draft rumour was that New Orleans was in love with Raegor. how true that is, who knows, but if there is legitimacy to it maybe they thought they didn't have much choice. 

 

If you go to the dynasty thread I linked above he was talked as a first round pick in January and February 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

Do guys like Dallas428 think they’re creative? Think I blocked him after his first post lol

it's pretty odd.  Like yea, most of us wanted Lamb. I did. But that's not how it landed. Also think it was a ####ty pick for Dallas, but again who knows.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

Not the kind of night i was hoping for, but not terrible. I hope you're wrong DJax lol, but in sentiment I'm with you. He's an Eagle now, like it or not you'll be rooting for him too. :football:

Back for round 2 tomorrow! Thanks gents.

I didn't like the Dillard pick last year but I was hoping he'd turn out well. I always root for guys to succeed as it means its good for the team. I just think it's a big reach for Reagor who going into the combine was projected as a mid day 2 pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Do guys like Dallas428 think they’re creative? Think I blocked him after his first post lol

have never seen a guy so pumped about getting an already crowded WR position when they still have even't signed their QB. if i am Dak i am sitting back and laughing at Jer now. 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

AM I the only one who thinks CeeDee Lamb won't live up to the hype he's getting? To me gut feeling is he's gonna be this years hyped up prospect with Reagor who end up being the busts of the WR group 

Ok, you have been saying this for awhile...I hope your wrong but a lot of eagle fans wanted him...time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

it's pretty odd.  Like yea, most of us wanted Lamb. I did. But that's not how it landed. Also think it was a ####ty pick for Dallas, but again who knows.

i remember last year after the Dillard pick i thought Howie had it made and was ahead of everybody. So yeah, touting after drafts is always good for a chuckle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

We didn’t necessarily “pay up anyway“. If we trade up to get lamb (who i definitely wanted) it would have cost us essentially 2 other players. If you want to argue our general manager would’ve screwed those two players up anyway you won’t find much resistance from me. With all of that said, we didn’t make the trade up. So we had to make do with what we had. And I’m totally fine with the guy we picked. 

Yes I think Lamb would bet better here than Raegor. Whether he’s better there remains to be seen. 

And taking Reagor where we did and not trading back likely cost us a player or two. That is my point. There was an opportunity cost to 'reaching' on Reagor which makes the pick that much more scrutinized. 

Yes, we can play the we don't know how much it would have cost game (2 players seems expensive, at least 2 starter level players seems expensive) or how long Reagor would have lasted. I can just go off the public information we have and most of them didn't have Reagor this high.

It clearly seems that Howie didn't think trading up for Lamb was worth it or losing Reagor by trading back was worth it. So by that, it would seem to indicate that he didn't see a huge difference between the two. Or he got himself stuck in a corner and needed a WR regardless of the situation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, modogg said:

i remember last year after the Dillard pick i thought Howie had it made and was ahead of everybody. So yeah, touting after drafts is always good for a chuckle

Except I haven’t touted him....you and this thread did...quote my tout...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

Honestly I think you are being a little over exuberant on this guy. You are talking him up like the next Randy Moss. You are completely overrating the guy. You also seem a little sore with anyone who disagrees with your opinion the guy. You're literally cherry picking every good thing. Again you showed us highlight reel tapes. Can we get what games you thought has his best tape we can watch and his worse? Maybe an all 22? 

And here's a sporting news of top 25 WRs in the NFL going into 2019 what I saw so far. I counted two the highest Mike Evans

Top 25 WRs going into 2019 season

I’m not sore at all. But if you’re going to say something about a guy be right about it. You keep moving the goalposts of your argument over and over and over. So you want to go ahead and site college competition right? Now show your work. 

I can do it for you. There’s simply no correlation to college competition equaling a players ability to play at the professional level. 

If you want to argue his tape, or even highlight reels go ahead. Again, show me. He can’t catch right?? I’ve shown videos of contested, tough, “big guy”catches from him. “He only ran a 4.whatever”...what’s his tape look like?

Loon at his build. Solid. Look at his other measurables. Great. 

Im not saying this is Moss, we’ll see what he ends up being. But as it stands today we got (IMO) a top WR. Does it sting that we could have had Lamb? Damn right. But this is the next best thing IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dallas428 said:

Except I haven’t touted him....you and this thread did...quote my tout...lol

Dude are you for real?  Damn, I'm pretty sure your fellow Cowboys fans on this board would put you on blast if they read everything you were writing. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

And where was Brady? Look at all the guys who were drafted above him that everyone thought were great. I liked Hill long before a lot of people knew who he was. I saw him at Oak State then I followed his W Alabama career as best as I could. I thought he was talented but dropped do to Red flags like the domestic incident. Again you seem butthurt a lot of us didn't like the pick. I don't know why. You know him personally, friends of the family, he related to you in some way, a TCU fan. You seem to be taking some of us not liking this pick to personally. We're trying to figure out why that is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, modogg said:

have never seen a guy so pumped about getting an already crowded WR position when they still have even't signed their QB. if i am Dak i am sitting back and laughing at Jer now. 

Somber night for Dak with the unfortunate news of  brother passing away at 31

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.