What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

fred_1_15301 said:
Brees comments were bad but it was just a mistake (we've all made them).  He's already apologized.  I can't believe people are still making a big deal out of this.  The guy has been a class act his entire career and one bad comment apparently changes everything.
he hasn't been a class act his entire career, but for the 9th time we should stop discussing Brees in here as he has his own thread :P

Why does it seem that something like this happens every single year now?
No idea. And poor Brooks; third straight season ending injury for him. The first two years they happened in our last playoff game, and our last regular season game, so he only missed 1 game as a result. This year he'll miss them all. And since joining the Eagles, the team is 0-6 in games he doesn't play, or plays less than 50% of the snaps. 

I don't see JP moving to guard. He thinks he can still start at LT and if we sign him he'll want LT money. The cap situation for next year is not great but they are banking on rollover from this year as a major way to help, so I doubt they go sign a costly FA. I think they go "next man up" and roll with Matt Pryor and hope he's decent and having Kelce and Lane alongside of him masks some of his inevitable struggles. 

From Doug's virtual presser this morning:

• Re: Brooks replacement, "Looking at a lot of options, starting with our own roster and the guys we have."
  • Jalen Reagor set to only learn one WR spot (Z) for now 
  • May use both the Linc and NovaCare at the same time, for camp and practices, to keep players spread out
  • Alshon rehab is on-track; a great leader and expect him to be a big part of team 🙄
  • Speakers they had during virtual offseason: Trout, Charles Barkley, Steve Kerr, CC Sabathia, Phil Jackson
  • Significant mental growth seen from Jalen Hurts
  • Supports players who protest; won't say if he will join them

I don't see JP moving to guard. He thinks he can still start at LT and if we sign him he'll want LT money. The cap situation for next year is not great but they are banking on rollover from this year as a major way to help, so I doubt they go sign a costly FA.
I'm reaching here and probably a no, but any shot Dillard could play G?  I know he struggled moving out of the LT position last year, but with the theory that G is easier to play, and if JP only comes back at LT, is this even a distant possibility?

From Doug's virtual presser this morning:

• Re: Brooks replacement, "Looking at a lot of options, starting with our own roster and the guys we have."
  • Jalen Reagor set to only learn one WR spot (Z) for now 
  • May use both the Linc and NovaCare at the same time, for camp and practices, to keep players spread out
  • Alshon rehab is on-track; a great leader and expect him to be a big part of team 🙄
  • Speakers they had during virtual offseason: Trout, Charles Barkley, Steve Kerr, CC Sabathia, Phil Jackson
  • Significant mental growth seen from Jalen Hurts
  • Supports players who protest; won't say if he will join them
That means the floor is JJAW for to play X.....not sure how i feel about that one. 

Keep saying good things about Jeffery so he hurries back to get cut. The sooner the better. 

Wonder how much those speakers get paid? And how they decide on guys like CC Sabathia?

I'm reaching here and probably a no, but any shot Dillard could play G?  I know he struggled moving out of the LT position last year, but with the theory that G is easier to play, and if JP only comes back at LT, is this even a distant possibility?
0%

Time to develop one and they’ve had a fair amount on practice squad they’ve kept around. I’m curious to see who wins the job now. 

Brandon Lee Gowton breakdown of replacements on the roster

tl;dr. Matt Pryor is probably the frontrunner, he got some snaps last year and didn't look terrible. His play is a big drop off from Brooks', though. He has good size, but not nearly as athletic as Brooks, which should hurt the run game more than the passing game. Will most likely be a competition between him, Sua Opeta and Nate Herbig.

When there are already questions as to how well Dillard is going to do at LT, this really hurts. Even if Pryor is serviceable, it kills our depth all along the line before the season even starts. I really hope they sign Peters back, just for more experienced bodies- I don't think they'd even consider him or Dillard at RG.

Is it wrong to miss Big V at this point? I know we weren't going to touch that salary and all. I just feel....upset...haha.
We couldn’t bring him back but this is what happens when you blow draft after draft after draft. You have to rely on very low picks having to step up and contribute right away. Some players (see Seumalo) take time to develop and some never amount to anything. Now we have to hope one of these guys can play. 

Statistically speaking we lost one of the best guards in the game and already are passing the torch at LT. Maybe picking a back up QB wasn’t such a bad idea lol

We couldn’t bring him back but this is what happens when you blow draft after draft after draft. You have to rely on very low picks having to step up and contribute right away. Some players (see Seumalo) take time to develop and some never amount to anything. Now we have to hope one of these guys can play. 

Statistically speaking we lost one of the best guards in the game and already are passing the torch at LT. Maybe picking a back up QB wasn’t such a bad idea lol
Oh man. And you aren't wrong.

Damn, this blows haha.

I think regardless of what happens, we need JP.  What kind of deal is he looking for?  Is he looking for something along the lines of 6m for 1yr and we're likely around the 3m point?  The deal for sure should be incentive based, based on snaps played.

Damn, this blows haha.

I think regardless of what happens, we need JP.  What kind of deal is he looking for?  Is he looking for something along the lines of 6m for 1yr and we're likely around the 3m point?  The deal for sure should be incentive based, based on snaps played.
Just get him back on the roster is my take. We lose ANOTHER OL and we are truly F'd and $6M will look like a bargain. No sense at this point, IMO, waiting on him. We know him, he knows us. Make it happen. 

Right after the Brooks injury. Coincidence or casualty of independent workouts?
In the mean time, Wentz et al working out in Virus hot spot, Texas. :unsure:

I think casualty of independent workouts.  These guys are out of shape, not around team doctors, and on who knows what kind of surface. 

Lots of players in Texas contracting it.  Wouldn't be the worst thing if all our guys got it now and were immune from it during the season.

Mystery Achiever said:
Go ahead and get it now.   Get it out of the way.   We are all going to get it eventually

Pryor is fine.  We've been spoiled with Brooks, but guard is a position you gotta be able to plug in lower round picks and go.

Goedert sucker punched in S Dakota restaraunt

Per source, #Eagles TE Dallas Goedert was with family at a restaurant last night and was sucker punched unprovoked. He was taken to the hospital for evaluation and is fine.

What the heck is this about?   Isn't he from there?
Ya very strange.  Says he was eating dinner with his family.  It was 1am at a rowdy bar though, there's probably a bit more to the story than this.  Not saying he was at fault at all, doesn't seem like a guy that would be, but from the sounds of it it was a pretty wild atmosphere there.

Rumors here in New England of trade of Joe Thuney to Eagles. 
Right now this appears to be Albert Breer speculating it could be a good fit...Philly needs a Guard with Brooks going down and the Pats/Thuney have not figured out a long-term contract...will be interesting to see if it has legs...the issue on the Pats side (I have) is if they are going to rebuild with Stidham dealing Thuney does not help with his development and that is the most important part of this season...Pats are in a great spot with the cap next off-season so unless they really get a good amount back it may make sense to ride him out for the year and figure out how to replace him then. 

Last edited by a moderator:
“He’s fine”?!? The police found him unconscious. Had to have had a concussion
I didn't read this.  Were police at the scene when it happened?  I'd be surprised if he was hit and laying on the ground unconscious for the 10 or so minutes it would take for police to be called, arrive, and find him.

The Patriots are arguably already in a worse situation. This would help Pats get cap money back. I believe they have depth if needed to replace Thuney. I think Onwenu is going to surprise people assuming he is in good shape at camp. Might be another Shaq Mason...
Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason and Cannon are solid. After that their is little depth. The Pats don't need the cap space for this year. They need a good o-line
for a first year starter. Onwenu may be good, but do you want to develop a lineman with an inexperienced QB?  

The other side of the coin is what do the Eagles trade away for a one year rental that the Patriots would accept?
I think this stops a trade as much as anything.

The Patriots are arguably already in a worse situation. This would help Pats get cap money back. I believe they have depth if needed to replace Thuney. I think Onwenu is going to surprise people assuming he is in good shape at camp. Might be another Shaq Mason...
They have no one behind him with any experience...if those guys develop it would be a great way to let Thuney walk in a year and replace him with a low-money player...also, at this point what do they really need cap space for?  Free agency is pretty much all set and they have signed their rookies, unless they are looking to make a deal they just don't need to open up much cap space and as stated above they are in fantastic shape already for next season...developing Stidham is the #1 thing for this season and I don't think dealing Thuney is a step in the right direction for that.

Yeah, I was thinking resigning Thuney to long term deal helps cap space. And trade helps it. Here is an article explaining why it isn’t optimal to have less than a million in cap space. There are still lots of signings both before and after other teams release players. 

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/06/patriots-cap-space/
There is zero doubt they are in a bad spot with their cap this off-season and I would not be surprised to see a re-structure or trade to clear some space but the good news is this is a one year situation.

Brees comments were bad but it was just a mistake (we've all made them).  He's already apologized.  I can't believe people are still making a big deal out of this.  The guy has been a class act his entire career and one bad comment apparently changes everything.
Disagree they weren't a mistake. He apologized after he realized he upset the guys who block for him and he knew what would happen if he didn't apologize. I'm not saying Brees is a bad dude but his statement was your typical "Im sorry I was held accountable for my comments" type thing. I'm not making a huge deal out of it as I'm more so just calling it out as I see it. Just like I called out Shady McCoy for being the most offended Eagle for the Riley Cooper N Bomb thing because McCoy used it constantly. It was the pot calling the kettle black and just being offended to cause even bigger drama in the locker room. Brees at his age and this point in his career knows better so to me it was just a "mistake." 

And I'll leave that topic like that. 

No idea. And poor Brooks; third straight season ending injury for him. The first two years they happened in our last playoff game, and our last regular season game, so he only missed 1 game as a result. This year he'll miss them all. And since joining the Eagles, the team is 0-6 in games he doesn't play, or plays less than 50% of the snaps. 

I don't see JP moving to guard. He thinks he can still start at LT and if we sign him he'll want LT money. The cap situation for next year is not great but they are banking on rollover from this year as a major way to help, so I doubt they go sign a costly FA. I think they go "next man up" and roll with Matt Pryor and hope he's decent and having Kelce and Lane alongside of him masks some of his inevitable struggles. 
Feel terrible for him. Brooks is an awesome dude and an inspiration with everything he's dealt with through the years. 

This ******* sucks. Haven't been a healthy team since the Chip Kelly days and that makes me angry. 
Funny you should mention Chip because there's reports coming out of UCLA that the players no longer trust him that was in the LATimes the other day. Sounds very similar to the stuff from here and SF too. I think Chip Kelly's time as HC in football or at least American football has past it's due date. Maybe better luck in the CFL? Can't believe I really liked this guy back when he was at Oregon and thought he'd be great here. Boy was I wrong 

Users who are viewing this thread