What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (5 Viewers)

wouldn't mind a tradeup for Ruggs tbh if we have to.  I know there's a lot of WR's this draft, but we have lots of picks - lets get a great one..
After his 40 time and vertical jump yesterday, I think the price to move up to where he'll be drafted will be too high (a 2021 1st rounder is probably the minimum to get in the conversation):

Ruggs clocked an official 4.27-second 40-yard dash, the fastest time since Ross' run in 2017, pairing that with a 42-inch vertical jump and a 131-inch broad jump. Putting that data together, Ruggs had the highest vertical jump of any player to run a sub 4.3-second 40 since the combine began tracking its data in 2003
But moving up to the mid-teens to get the 2nd or 3rd top WR, if the board breaks that way, is a very realistic possibility. A swap from 21 to 12-15 is probably going to cost a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he or Cee Dee is there at 10, we should find a way to swap with the Browns.  If there's a way to do it and not give up a future 1st I'm on board. If that's too high, swapping with the Falcons at 16 (just above the Boys) is a likely scenario.  Seems like there's a "Big Three" at WR (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs), then a bit of a dropoff.  Reagor would be a good fit if we stay put too - I'm just not sure I want someone billed as a 'tough WR that wins contested catches' ie Shenault, Higgins.

If he or Cee Dee is there at 10, we should find a way to swap with the Browns.  If there's a way to do it and not give up a future 1st I'm on board. If that's too high, swapping with the Falcons at 16 (just above the Boys) is a likely scenario.  Seems like there's a "Big Three" at WR (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs), then a bit of a dropoff.  Reagor would be a good fit if we stay put too - I'm just not sure I want someone billed as a 'tough WR that wins contested catches' ie Shenault, Higgins.
Lamb would be an incredible get but I think he goes high enough that pursuing him is cost adverse

Over the weekend there was an article from Jeff McLane that during the Alshon/Josina Anderson drama last season "a prominent player on offense confronted Jeffery to the point where they had to be separated.”

My odds:

• Jason Kelce 2:1
  • Jason Peters 3:1
  • Zach Ertz 5:1
  • Brandon Brooks 12:1
  • Desean Jackson: 18:1
  • Darren Sproles 25:1
  • Nelson Agholor 30:1
  • Miles Sanders/Jordan Howard/Dallas Goddert 50:1
  • Josh McCown 100:1

Over the weekend there was an article from Jeff McLane that during the Alshon/Josina Anderson drama last season "a prominent player on offense confronted Jeffery to the point where they had to be separated.”

My odds:

The top of that list probably would have already dismembered Jeffrey's weak butt before separation was possible. 😂

I really liked JJaw coming in, what happened there? Lots of talk about drafting wr, and they need it regardless of jaws development. Does he just stink? He didn’t seem to even get targeted when he did play.

I really liked JJaw coming in, what happened there? Lots of talk about drafting wr, and they need it regardless of jaws development. Does he just stink? He didn’t seem to even get targeted when he did play.
Dan Orlovsky did a twitter thread breakdown during the season of how our WRs were messing things up and JJAW was prominently featured due to things like poor route running, coming out of breaks too soon/late, not reading/understanding the type of leverage to use based on how the DB was covering him, etc. 

Dan Orlovsky did a twitter thread breakdown during the season of how our WRs were messing things up and JJAW was prominently featured due to things like poor route running, coming out of breaks too soon/late, not reading/understanding the type of leverage to use based on how the DB was covering him, etc. 
Hopefully it's things our once again new WR coach can fix if it's just mental lapses, but at this point simply can't count on him. Plus there's some debate on what spot he was training. If Alshon is gone that could help? Trying to be positive.

So I’m starting to calm myself about trading up for a WR. If we can can stay at 21 and get one of Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs, Mims, Jefferson or Reagor we’d still have what, 8 picks left with one of them in pocket? That’s with a potential Alshon trade for a pick. 

so amid all this WR talk, don't we need secondary help? did something change in the second half of last season that says the first half deficiencies can be addressed with the current roster? lots of speed in this year's db crop.

so amid all this WR talk, don't we need secondary help? did something change in the second half of last season that says the first half deficiencies can be addressed with the current roster? lots of speed in this year's db crop.
I think they are taking the (correct) approach of finding help at CB that can step in right away via FA, and WRs via the draft. Over the last 5 years you see more top rookie WRs able to come in make an immediate impact in year 1 than DBs. Jones and Douglas (and Mills and Maddox, to an extent) were who they drafted with the expectation they develop into strong DBs. Didn't happen and they probably don't want to invest another 2-3 years into trying to get a new core to be those players. So breaking the bank on Byron Jones or Bradburry, to go along with a Chris Harris, is probably how this will go.  

Read a stat yesterday (can’t find it right now) that said something like Byron Jones has given up like one 100 yard receiving game in 3 years and we gave up 9 just last year lol. 

Whats Alshon worth (or not worth in dynasty?

Id like to move him and his soft tissue injuries to someone else's medical facility, but Im begining to wonder if he is worth more as my WR4 at this moment that a late round dart pick.

Whats Alshon worth (or not worth in dynasty?

Id like to move him and his soft tissue injuries to someone else's medical facility, but Im begining to wonder if he is worth more as my WR4 at this moment that a late round dart pick.
hes done

Eagles letting Jason Peters test free agent market
Warrior struggling
To remain relevant
Warrior struggling
To remain consequential

Tears in my eyes
Chasing Ponce de Leon's phantom
So filled with hope
I can taste mythical fountains
False hope, perhaps
But the truth never got in my way
Before now, feel the sting
Feeling time bearing down

he also hasnt had an int in like 4 years
Despite playing on an island so often, Byron Jones was rarely targeted. Opposing QBs do their homework and they know Byron Jones is one of the most consistent CBs in the NFL. He never gets burned and always puts himself in position to defend the pass. Even though he has bad INT numbers, QBs are scared to throw at him.

Last season, Byron was targeted just 64 times giving up just 395 yards on the season. Now look at 2020’s INT leaders: Stephon Gilmore led the NFL with 6 INTS but he was targeted 101 times! He also gave up 599 yards to pass-catchers.

Tre’Davious White had 6 INTs as well. He was targeted 90 times giving up 626 yards. Marcus Peters had 5 INTs in 2019. He was targeted 90 times giving up 597 yards.
https://sportdfw.com/2020/01/24/dallas-cowboys-ints-poor-way-judge-byron-jones-value/

Sheanault is more than that. Col had him line up in the wildcat and run some plays. He's big enough to withstand the hits but he's athletic enough he can break on off. I'd rather take him then Higgins who seems like he's always hurt. Personally I say stay at 21 unless theres a deal to move up we can't pass and draft the best left of CJ Henderson (if there), SHeanault, Jefferson. And then if someone slips to the end of the 1st move back in and take them I think is the best scenario

Like was said poor job by JJAW but I think they believe it's mental errors plus things they can fix with coaching. I know for a fact it's not a lack of effort or not taking coaching advice. Dude is one of the hardest workers in practice constantly. I think Grohl was a good Position coach WR wise not a good OC at all. I think if we had kept Grohl as Position coach he'd have had more time to help JJAW as well. Gregg Ward apparently credits Grohl with parts of his development and getting on the active roster. Grohl was a big supporter of Ward. 

So hopefully JJAW it's all mental error and things that can be coached. I loved this guy in college not sure what happened. He showed glimpses what he can do especially that bullet that Wentz threw to him 1st play of the Dallas game over the Middle. Talent and skill is there. Just needs to put it together. 

Yes there is. I know people are begging for Byron Jones but I don't see him worth that money. I think we need a playmaking CB and from what I saw over the last 2 yrs I read only Richard Sherman was thrown to less then Byron Jones. Last guy we signed with that stat was that Awesome Guy who ended up eating lunch in his car in the parking lot. I think Slot wise with Maddox/LeBlanc we're fine we just need two outside guys. I would like to resign Mills and maybe move him to Safety a more natural fit for his skills. Get a cheaper CB at one side. Go after Logan Ryan, Eli Apple, Vernon Hargreaves, Trea Waynes, Bashaud Breeland, Mackensie Alexander, etc of the world. I think we can find a better overall combo drafting two talented cost effective guys then paying one guy (Who IMHO is gonna be severely overpaid) and save the money for else where. Rather spend money to sign Robby Anderson, Mattthew Judon, Justin Simmons, Corey Littleton, etc

My odds:

On the BGN podcast today, Jimmy Kempski mentioned he's pretty confident it was one of 2 players: Lane or Kelce, with Kelce being the most likely. 

On the BGN podcast today, Jimmy Kempski mentioned he's pretty confident it was one of 2 players: Lane or Kelce, with Kelce being the most likely. 
I can confirm with a source close to Kelce it was not him. Source told me he definitely knew it wasn't Jason but was wondering if I knew who it might be. His gut says it was Lane Johnson. 

Deamon said:
Never seen so many cooks in the kitchen on offense.  I think this is gonna work, Doug needs as many smart minds as he can involved here.  Of course the power struggle could backfire, but it's kind of growing on me.
I'm more worried they put all these cooks in there and the "soup" tastes exactly the same. With these changes, and the anticipated roster changes at WR, we should expect to see a very different offense and style next year.

Eagles awarded 3 comp picks. 3rd and 2 4ths.

Now have 1,2,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,6

Should be able to do whatever we want with that. Hopefully Howie gets some hits in the 3-4-5 round range. 

My odds:

You forgot Lane Johnson in this. I know I''m late on this and already posted on this but I must've missed your post. One person I know close to the team said it wasn't Kelce but he had Odds on Lane Johnson because he's that crazy. Didn't rule out Jason Peters but said Lane is more of actions speak louder type leader then JP who's more of a go over and tell the guy off because his presence (Size) is enough to cool a situation down to begin with. 

Should be able to do whatever we want with that. Hopefully Howie gets some hits in the 3-4-5 round range. 
I'm in a bit of a mood now that I think unless there is a guy moving up for and block another team (say Dal taking a guy) I have no problem doing that if it's cost effective depending on the guy. However I'm more inclined to maybe trade back and acquire some extra picks and then try and get between the 22-26 range acquire some extra picks. If and then if there's someone who is dropping late in the round we can use that pick plus more to move back into the first round now. 

All on Howie at this point. No more excuses. We have needs virtually everywhere and a TON of picks. If he F’s this draft up we are gonna be in bad shape for a while. 

All on Howie at this point. No more excuses. We have needs virtually everywhere and a TON of picks. If he F’s this draft up we are gonna be in bad shape for a while. 
Agreed. He had some good picks last year I think but this year is critical to how we will be for most of Carson's tenure. 

Looks like Free Agency is on track, at least as knowing about the imminent deals and signings. Surprised that the NFL isn't delaying it, but can see why the NFLPA pushed not to, as well. If things, including the economy, get worse these players want to have these contracts in place rather than being in limbo. Also, the NFL is probably looking forward to the attention it will get as the ONLY sports-related thing going on.

Specific to the Eagles, my predictions:

• Overpay for Byron Jones
  • Alshon gets designated as a Post-June 1 cut
  • One, huge "out-of-nowhere" move we didn't expect (Big trade like D-Hop? Sign both Byron Jones and Bradberry? Trade a current starter/key piece for draft picks or a big move up?)

Looks like Free Agency is on track, at least as knowing about the imminent deals and signings. Surprised that the NFL isn't delaying it, but can see why the NFLPA pushed not to, as well. If things, including the economy, get worse these players want to have these contracts in place rather than being in limbo. Also, the NFL is probably looking forward to the attention it will get as the ONLY sports-related thing going on.

Specific to the Eagles, my predictions:

• Overpay for Byron Jones
  • Alshon gets designated as a Post-June 1 cut
  • One, huge "out-of-nowhere" move we didn't expect (Big trade like D-Hop? Sign both Byron Jones and Bradberry? Trade a current starter/key piece for draft picks or a big move up?)
Yep... and it's free agency.... most of which is done on phones and video chats, so really it's not going to crush them to do it that way.

Atlanta is rumored to be dropping Desmond Trufant- rather see the Eagles make a play for him than Lord Byron.

The D-Hop rumors are crazy... would love to see that. Also, Jimmy Kempski saying on twitter that he knows Howie loves Cory Littleton. I think that would be a great signing.

Dodged that Byron Jones bullet. That was Nnamdi 2.0 here all over. The scheme just doesn't fit cover corners.

Users who are viewing this thread