What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

I have the feeling that Kafka is going to be the new OC, otherwise someone else would have been hired by now. Bieniemy isn't getting a head coaching position so there isn't any reason for Andy to block Kafka from leaving if he wants an OC position.

I’m halfway tempted to send a troll email to Angelo tonight.  Let me ponder it.  Will depend on which direction I choose regarding either boozing or not boozing tonight.
Kind of tempted to when If KC wins. That way if the dude is an ignorant jackass I'll just expose the messages all over the internet and ask the station to kindly remove him from working there. It's beyond me why anyone would still hate Andy or even dislike the dude and not want him to win. I spent an hour obliterating idiots online all night. The best is when they would bright up Buddy Ryan and I'd remind them THE GUY WHO NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME you like but the GUY WHO WENT TO 5 NFC TITLE GAMES AND A SB you hate? Thats sound logic right there.

I have the feeling that Kafka is going to be the new OC, otherwise someone else would have been hired by now. Bieniemy isn't getting a head coaching position so there isn't any reason for Andy to block Kafka from leaving if he wants an OC position.
I forget where and who I saw this but I think it was on twitter that Andy would deny the request because Doug calls the plays anyway. 

Also USC OC Harrell is staying in USC apparently 

I really really hope Andy finally wins. A few here know my love for Andy and for potentially putting my Job on the line years ago after some customer made some ignorant comments as well as the story of Andy, his youngest son and my cousin. I have nothing but love and respect for this guy. Literally from 3rd Grade all the way to College Graduation and a few yrs after the only Coach I ever knew for the Eagles has been Andy Reid. Anyone who doesn't want this man to win is either being petty, ignorant, listens to too much Cataldi or all 3. 

I found this gem of a post on Facebook. Someone tell me you didn't read this in a Cataldi voice because it's word for word his "why Andy Reid is a bad coach talking points" Also who's Peterson? 

"Always said his receivers were good enough!
Made Juan frikken Castillo a Defensive coordinator!
Was an Arrogant & pompous ???!
Talked down to everyone and his pressers were unbearable! 
Would not run the ball!
We all know about his clock mngt!
Could not draft, for every Shady there were 10 mediocre to crappy players!j
I could care less about him!
Win or lose it doesn’t mean a hill of beans!
As far as Peterson goes I think he got in the right place at the right time!
The offense is not very imaginative! He is mediocre at best!"

I forget where and who I saw this but I think it was on twitter that Andy would deny the request because Doug calls the plays anyway. 

Also USC OC Harrell is staying in USC apparently 
Think it was Les Bowen pointing out the good relationship they obviously have with Reid and would already know if he'd allow him to leave or not, so if they're still interested then odds are he'll let him go.

Think it was Les Bowen pointing out the good relationship they obviously have with Reid and would already know if he'd allow him to leave or not, so if they're still interested then odds are he'll let him go.
Perhaps. I haven't heard either way and the whole who's becoming what assistant coach seems to be pretty tight lipped. Even the people in the Org who always know what's up seem out of it on updates. 

Raheem Mostert's agent tweeted a nice comment about the Eagles and fans today. He was responding how he's received numerous messages from Eagles fans about how the team should've kept his client. 

Paraphrase"

"I've received numerous comments 2day from PHI fans why they didn't keep my client. We have nothing but love and respect for the city and team who treated us amazingly well. It's the other 5 teams who have some explaining to do." 

If you’re KC do you block him? I think I would

If they do, I’m hoping Caldwell gets a look

I found this gem of a post on Facebook. Someone tell me you didn't read this in a Cataldi voice because it's word for word his "why Andy Reid is a bad coach talking points" Also who's Peterson? 

"Always said his receivers were good enough!
Made Juan frikken Castillo a Defensive coordinator!
Was an Arrogant & pompous ???!
Talked down to everyone and his pressers were unbearable! 
Would not run the ball!
We all know about his clock mngt!
Could not draft, for every Shady there were 10 mediocre to crappy players!j
I could care less about him!
Win or lose it doesn’t mean a hill of beans!
As far as Peterson goes I think he got in the right place at the right time!
The offense is not very imaginative! He is mediocre at best!"
There's a Buddy Ryan fan of I ever seen one. 

Raheem Mostert's agent tweeted a nice comment about the Eagles and fans today. He was responding how he's received numerous messages from Eagles fans about how the team should've kept his client. 

Paraphrase"

"I've received numerous comments 2day from PHI fans why they didn't keep my client. We have nothing but love and respect for the city and team who treated us amazingly well. It's the other 5 teams who have some explaining to do." 
He was signed off our practice squad, I think, and that was after we signed him as an UDFA and gave him his first real shot in the NFL. So not like he was cast aside and our evaluation of him was off. Now, would it have been nice if one of those 5 times he DID get cut by other teams we had brought him back like we've done with so many others that were here before? Sure, but this definitely wasn't Mamula over Sapp.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re KC do you block him? I think I would

If they do, I’m hoping Caldwell gets a look
That's not really how Reid has operated, though. He's always tried to set his staff up to advance. And like already pointed out, I don't think they would be waiting and dragging this out if they didn't already know Andy wouldn't block him. 

That's not really how Reid has operated, though. He's always tried to set his staff up to advance. And like already pointed out, I don't think they would be waiting and dragging this out if they didn't already know Andy wouldn't block him. 
That was my thinking. We should find out soon since the rumors over the weekend were that the Eagles were going to ask KC for permission to interview him. If permission is granted I would think that means Andy wouldn't block the move.

I'm just spitballing here. But out of the box thinking here. Tony Romo's contract with CBS is up after the SB. ESPN want to sign him. What about hiring Romo as our OC? Dude knows how to break down film and the game right on target. I don't think Romo was ever a terrible player just like McNabb I think under-appreciated and he never really had a great supporting cast either. Maybe not a bad hey lets try and see what happens. The worst is he says no and we move on. 

QB coach Mike Kafka will stick on Andy Reid’s coaching staff in 2020, sources say. The #Eagles had interest in Kafka as an OC candidate but they’re aware Reid isn’t letting him go. No official request so he technically wasn’t blocked. Possible he gets a new title in KC.

I'm just spitballing here. But out of the box thinking here. Tony Romo's contract with CBS is up after the SB. ESPN want to sign him. What about hiring Romo as our OC? Dude knows how to break down film and the game right on target. I don't think Romo was ever a terrible player just like McNabb I think under-appreciated and he never really had a great supporting cast either. Maybe not a bad hey lets try and see what happens. The worst is he says no and we move on. 
I don’t want ANYONE off the street into a prominent coaching position. That goes for Romo, Dawkins etc. There has to be good/ great coaches out there. Take your time and find them. 

QB coach Mike Kafka will stick on Andy Reid’s coaching staff in 2020, sources say. The #Eagles had interest in Kafka as an OC candidate but they’re aware Reid isn’t letting him go. No official request so he technically wasn’t blocked. Possible he gets a new title in KC.
Welp!

I don’t want ANYONE off the street into a prominent coaching position. That goes for Romo, Dawkins etc. There has to be good/ great coaches out there. Take your time and find them. 
I agree especially on Dawkins. So many want him but just because he was great doesn't mean he's a good coach and doesn't have any already. Romo kind of does because I think he acted more player/coach with Dax after getting hurt. I've heard from different people that Dawk doesn't have interest in coaching for now. Doesn't mean he never would but heard he doesn't want to get on that coaching grind 

Andy reshaped this franchise. But he also failed in multiple ways at the most critical times. I get the well wishing but I also get how some look back at his time here with great bitterness. He’s extremely fortunate to have a better QB than McNabb fall into his lap in KC.

Andy reshaped this franchise. But he also failed in multiple ways at the most critical times. I get the well wishing but I also get how some look back at his time here with great bitterness. He’s extremely fortunate to have a better QB than McNabb fall into his lap in KC.
He also completely turned KC around with Alex Smith.     :shrug:  

to his credit he drafted him 

FA is really our only option if we want to improve our corner situation right away. Can't keep banking on existing players taking a leap or a 2020 draft pick coming in and having an impact right away.

But, I still have PTSD from the last time we threw big money at a free agent corner named Byron...
Have to think Jones is out of our price range and will cost a ton. Harris being 31 seems like a decent option depending on cost.  

I expect us to be in on both the trade rumor guys (Anderson and Harris) once FA starts. 

He turned KC around too. I get some bitterness but we won our title. I could see if we hadn't won yet. Also some of the reasons for hating the guy are just plan ignorant. Blaming him for his son's death (Seriously try being in the dudes shoes and dealing with a family member with addiction), talked down to media and fans? What? I didn't feel it that way. And just some of the other nonsense. Meanwhile these same people who kill Andy for never winning a SB praise someone like Buddy Ryan who couldn't win 1 single playoff game here. It just makes very little sense

FA is really our only option if we want to improve our corner situation right away. Can't keep banking on existing players taking a leap or a 2020 draft pick coming in and having an impact right away.

But, I still have PTSD from the last time we threw big money at a free agent corner named Byron...
I'd rather not sign another former Dal player. I like the dude but he's gonna be way overpriced. I like Harris if the price is right. I'd honestly hope we go after Simmonds the Safety from Den if  available and let McLeod leave. I think there's some good CBs in the draft especially if someone drops. Gut tells me a lot of our WR Targets in the draft could go earlier than expected. Just too much talent in that Class of WRs this year it's hard to pass up. QB outside of Burrow's is pretty weak. 

Can you really say Mahomes fell into his lap when Reid traded up 17 spots to get him? Yes, the Bears missed by taking Trubisky, but Reid took advantage of that opportunity.

And Reid did that when he still had a viable QB in Alex Smith on the roster. It's not like he was desperate for a QB at that point. He should get full credit for trading 2 1sts and a 3rd round pick to get Mahomes when he really didn't need him at that point. Reid obviously saw something in him that was special. And so far, he is being proven correct.

Can you really say Mahomes fell into his lap when Reid traded up 17 spots to get him? Yes, the Bears missed by taking Trubisky, but Reid took advantage of that opportunity.

And Reid did that when he still had a viable QB in Alex Smith on the roster. It's not like he was desperate for a QB at that point. He should get full credit for trading 2 1sts and a 3rd round pick to get Mahomes when he really didn't need him at that point. Reid obviously saw something in him that was special. And so far, he is being proven correct.
FWIW, Bret Veach was really the guy who supposedly identified Mahomes and would not stop raving about him within the organization.  Then Chris Ballard.  Surely Reid deserves credit, but I'm not sure exactly how much credit to apportion him for identifying Mahomes.

FWIW, Bret Veach was really the guy who supposedly identified Mahomes and would not stop raving about him within the organization.  Then Chris Ballard.  Surely Reid deserves credit, but I'm not sure exactly how much credit to apportion him for identifying Mahomes.
Okay, but listening to your people is a trait of a good leader. He had to give up a ton of draft capital for a position that wasn't necessarily a need at the time (although a very crucial position). So he trusted the raves of the people who worked for him. I give him a ton of credit for that.

Okay, but listening to your people is a trait of a good leader. He had to give up a ton of draft capital for a position that wasn't necessarily a need at the time (although a very crucial position). So he trusted the raves of the people who worked for him. I give him a ton of credit for that.
yeah, i don't really mean to be knocking Reid at all.  More that I just wanted to point out that other guys deserved a ton of credit as well for spotting him initially.  And also, did Reid really make that decision?  I thought that Dorsey had the power.

Again, not saying any of this to diss Reid.  Just curious about the actual facts and details.

yeah, i don't really mean to be knocking Reid at all.  More that I just wanted to point out that other guys deserved a ton of credit as well for spotting him initially.  And also, did Reid really make that decision?  I thought that Dorsey had the power.

Again, not saying any of this to diss Reid.  Just curious about the actual facts and details.
No, I didn't think you were knocking him. Maybe Dorsey did have more input into the decision than I am giving him credit for. But I think Reid probably had to sign off on that decision or it would not have been done.

I know this is basketball but he was a huge Eagles fan and Local guy but Kobe Bryant died in a helo crash with his 13yrs daughter GIGI going to a travel basketball game in CALI. No info other then all 9 people died in the crash. Kobe grew up in Ardmore PA and went to Lower Merion HS. He's been a guest speaker at Eagles events as well including before the SB victory. Very very Sad day  

I know this is basketball but he was a huge Eagles fan and Local guy but Kobe Bryant died in a helo crash with his 13yrs daughter GIGI going to a travel basketball game in CALI. No info other then all 9 people died in the crash. Kobe grew up in Ardmore PA and went to Lower Merion HS. He's been a guest speaker at Eagles events as well including before the SB victory. Very very Sad day  
I don't know a lick about basketball but I was just crushed when I heard the news today.  He transcends basketball.  I forgot that he was local.  

DJackson10 said:
Won't matter who we hire. It's gonna be status quo until Schwartz's ### is out of here. Manuel worked under Schwartz before and is a yes man won't rock the ship under JS like Corey did. 
Why do you think a position coach should be rocking the ship?

Users who are viewing this thread