What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

I don't know a lick about basketball but I was just crushed when I heard the news today.  He transcends basketball.  I forgot that he was local.  
Yep Kobe was my guy after MJ left for the very reasons Scottie tweeted he told MJ. He reminded him of him from competitiveness to even sticking his tongue out. I've played or watch games at the Bryant Gymnasium in the past too. Know people who have met him and all. When Kobe use to come back in the Summer before really settling in LA my friends dad use to work out at the same gym as him 

Why do you think a position coach should be rocking the ship?
I'm not saying they should. My point is Schwartz doesn't take any suggestions from his assistants. There was an article in the paper a few months about one of his assistance and him not getting along. On offense all the coaches have some input to Doug and the OC what will work and what doesn't to what type of personal. WIth Schwartz its literally his way or the highway. Schwartz scheme isn't great and he tries the fitting a square peg into a round hole routine despite coaches telling him he needs to adapt the system to players. How successful that rag tag bunch of DBs was at the end of the season in 2018 a lot of that credit needs to go to Corey Undlin. This was despite Schwartz not because of him. The dude has yet to make anyone a pro bowler who wasn't one already. He's an avg to mediocre DC who a lot of times acts like he's a Buddy Ryan, Monte Kiffin, Jim Johnson of DCs. They really need to get a guy in there who will listen to his assistants. I don't blame Undlin for leaving. He apparently gave the Eagles an ultimatum this offseason it was either him or Jim was leaving but he could not stay any longer. The team had blocked a few opportunities for Undlin in the past few yrs to move up the latter. Undlin was a good solider per say but he just couldn't work with Schwartz my way or the highway. He promised to stay if Schwartz ended dup with the Clev job but once that didn't happen they knew Dat was asking for him and let him talk to them. Undlin is now in Det. We'll see how well he does but its no secrete that @Deamon's guy Daniels was replaced on the DL with Matt Burke who knows and is friends with Jim Schwartz and Manuel who's known Schwartz as well. 

My point is if the fans and team want some real change at the Defensive spot they need to get rid of Jim Schwartz. I think this next season will be very telling if Schwartz stays or not. If he stills is avg and he's here this guy must have pics or something on the hire ups because they is no excuse he should be here if he doesn't step it up. 

So who does their failure fall on?
I think it's a little on both but I think a lot of the issues could be fixed brining in a New DC all together. You can only change assistant coaches so many times until it comes back the coordinator and other hire ups. Like I said already if Schwartz defense is the same old status quo as its been he has to be gone 

I think it's a little on both but I think a lot of the issues could be fixed brining in a New DC all together. You can only change assistant coaches so many times until it comes back the coordinator and other hire ups. Like I said already if Schwartz defense is the same old status quo as its been he has to be gone 
Yeah you have this line up to fit a narrative for sure. Undin coached a unit that looked like crap more times than not. Swartz has also failed to develop personnel on that side of the ball as well. Both can be true. 

Go take a look at where we ranked in some major defensive categories and Jim is not as bad as you’re making him out to be. 

Yep Kobe was my guy after MJ left for the very reasons Scottie tweeted he told MJ. He reminded him of him from competitiveness to even sticking his tongue out. I've played or watch games at the Bryant Gymnasium in the past too. Know people who have met him and all. When Kobe use to come back in the Summer before really settling in LA my friends dad use to work out at the same gym as him 
This was posted in the Kobe FFA thread.  His reaction to the Eagles super bowl win was the same as any other Joe Schmo.  Pure elation.  

Kobe's Reaction to Eagles Super Bowl Win

ETA - And this will be my last post in the thread about the incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Yeah you have this line up to fit a narrative for sure. Undin coached a unit that looked like crap more times than not. Swartz has also failed to develop personnel on that side of the ball as well. Both can be true. 

Go take a look at where we ranked in some major defensive categories and Jim is not as bad as you’re making him out to be. 
I want a coach who can develop guys on the Defense and make some really good all pros. His defense was shredded in the SB by Brady the entire D really couldn't stop them. We were lucky Foles stood toe to toe with Brady and Graham was able to get the strip sack. We had to defend 2 Julie Jones passes in Divisional round in the EZ that another coach would've tried to run it. I honestly think if we hadn't won the SB Schwartz would already be gone. His non aggressiveness has cost us multiple games since he's been here. I want a DC who's gonna be aggressive. I want a Jim Johnson type guy who isn't afraid to bring the house on 3rd and long rather then sitting back and Daring people to throw short but it barely works since our DBs can't tackle. I want a coach who isn't afraid to change his system up to fit players and adapt it to the their strengths. He does non of that. Could you do worse than Schwartz? Absolutely but for the Eagles Ok isn't good enough. I think the guy has worn out his welcome here. 

A few of the beats are reporting that the Marquand Manuel (DB coach) and Matt Burke (DL coach) announcements haven't been made official because the team is waiting to announce all coaching hires at the same time. That is leading to speculation that they have their OC hire sights set on someone that is still coaching in the Super Bowl (and may also already have a WR coach, that just hasn't leaked yet.)

Since we already got denied on Kafka, 49ers assistants Mike McDaniel (run game coordinator) and Mike LaFleur (passing game coordinator), are the rumored targets. 

Some spoilers on the "All or Nothing" series that is on Amazon Prime, starting February, 7th. Of note in the 7 (of 😎 episodes made available, besides all the on-field happenings that were documented:

• Santoliquito's story on Wentz before the season isn’t covered
  • No mention of Josina Anderson’s in-season report involving an anonymous Eagles player ripping Wentz and the offense
  • Alshon Jeffery wasn’t very present in the series outside of some scenes in the first episode
  • Scandrick drama was covered in multiple episodes, as the series played out
ETA: Additional thoughts from Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski.

Jordan Howard trade comp likely to remain a 6th rounder, and not convey to a 5th. So here's our current 2020 draft picks:

1 Eagles' own pick (Pick #21)

2 Eagles own pick (Pick #53)

3 Eagles' own pick (Pick #85)

3 Compensatory (projected) 

4 Eagles' own pick 

4 Compensatory (projected) 

4 Compensatory (projected) 

5 Eagles' own pick 

5 From the Patriots, via the Michael Bennett trade 

6 From the Falcons, via the Johnathan Cyprien trade

A few of the beats are reporting that the Marquand Manuel (DB coach) and Matt Burke (DL coach) announcements haven't been made official because the team is waiting to announce all coaching hires at the same time. That is leading to speculation that they have their OC hire sights set on someone that is still coaching in the Super Bowl (and may also already have a WR coach, that just hasn't leaked yet.)

Since we already got denied on Kafka, 49ers assistants Mike McDaniel (run game coordinator) and Mike LaFleur (passing game coordinator), are the rumored targets. 
I've seen Jim Caldwell's name thrown around a lot, assuming his health issues are handled.

John Clark 1 hr: 

‪Source says Eagles expect to announce their coaching staff by the end of next week‬

‪There may be a few interviews after Super Bowl. I’m told Doug Pederson has interviewed many candidates and has taken a very methodical approach to find the best coaches for his staff‬

‪#Eagles ‬

John Clark 1 hr: 

‪Source says Eagles expect to announce their coaching staff by the end of next week‬

‪There may be a few interviews after Super Bowl. I’m told Doug Pederson has interviewed many candidates and has taken a very methodical approach to find the best coaches for his staff‬

‪#Eagles ‬
FWIW, both Mike McDaniel and Mike LaFleur have been asked this week if they interviewed, or will be interviewing, with the Eagles and both didn't deny it, just wanted to talk about the 49ers and the upcoming game. 

FWIW, both Mike McDaniel and Mike LaFleur have been asked this week if they interviewed, or will be interviewing, with the Eagles and both didn't deny it, just wanted to talk about the 49ers and the upcoming game. 
I misread this the first time. When I saw the name I thought "This can't be right a HC taking a step down after one year?" then I reread it and realized it was Mike and not Matt. 

Can’t even explain how happy I’d be with either one of them as OC.

it is a shame Eric Bienemy was offered the OC title in KC, would have loved for him to come here and get it with the Eagles. looking at the Cheifs coaching staff, surprising to see Greg Ward is the WR coach

woot woot! been beating this drum for months.

it is a shame Eric Bienemy was offered the OC title in KC, would have loved for him to come here and get it with the Eagles. looking at the Cheifs coaching staff, surprising to see Greg Ward is the WR coach
I was afraid of a guy like him. He’s already getting HC talk so would have been one and done here. I’m hoping we get a few years out of the new OC

Will be pulling hard for Big Red this Sunday. It will be pretty cool if it works out with us getting a ring in epic fashion against the Pats then he follows us shortly after. He gave a lot to Philly. Wish he would have brought us a few during his run here but still a big fan. 

That is leading to speculation that they have their OC hire sights set on someone that is still coaching in the Super Bowl (and may also already have a WR coach, that just hasn't leaked yet.)
Speculation now that Aaron Moorehead (Vanverbilt WR coach, former Colt) could be the pending hire... 

Will be pulling hard for Big Red this Sunday. It will be pretty cool if it works out with us getting a ring in epic fashion against the Pats then he follows us shortly after. He gave a lot to Philly. Wish he would have brought us a few during his run here but still a big fan. 
Good news! I've got a ton of $$$ on the SF money line, so the Chiefs are basically a cast-iron lock on Sunday.

So for those who don't know Jason Kelce's father in-law does my security system and cables at my job. He had to come in and fix my camera in my department that screen was frozen (Actually camera in the security room worked still) but he said some ####### threw a bag of instillation between the wires and hit the freeze button. We talked and he told me he was Jason's father in law (I played it coy like I didn't know). Jason's wife works with my cousin who he apparently knows (Father in law), and was down in MIA last week for Pro Bowl with Jason and Travis. He told me Travis came back with Jason and came into my store looking for Jason's No one Likes Us Beer. I guess People didn't recognize travis and I got two people who work with me who wouldn't know who the heck he was. Kind of cool. 

It seemed like he was about to tell me something important about the coaches but customer came up and he sort of stopped. Seemed kind of important. Next time I see him I'll try to ask him. He did say Jason and his wife are down in MIA for the game. Dude is really cool. But he's a huge (Tall) guy.

Sanders gets one ROY vote despite leading all rookies in yardage. Seems legit. 
Thats bull####. I wouldn't have given it to Sanders since he only produce half the year but Murray was by far the worst most inconsistent. I'd have given Josh Jacobs the award with Brown and Sanders as the top 3 

Andy is an example of a classy human being.  Angelo Cataldi is an example of a vile human being.  Good beats evil again.  Hooray!!!
We should all go call in to Cataldi's show and troll him tomorrow. Already blaming the refs for Andy Winning. Any other town this jerk off would've been ####canned after the JD Drew Battery incident for inciting  fans Kind of wish JD Drew had press charges now. 

We should all go call in to Cataldi's show and troll him tomorrow. Already blaming the refs for Andy Winning. Any other town this jerk off would've been ####canned after the JD Drew Battery incident for inciting  fans Kind of wish JD Drew had press charges now. 
He’s a despicable person.  I never realized that more until these past 2 weeks.

He’s a despicable person.  I never realized that more until these past 2 weeks.
I've known for awhile. I've met Tony Bruno a few times and he's talked what a horrible person he is. He's very misogynistic too hence the Wing Bowl and all. My HS buddy when he did his sports journalism internship interned at WIP with Glen MacNow. With everything he said I had a new appreciation I never thought id have for Howard Eskin and some of the stuff he said about Cataldi I couldn't believe. Said no one reports him because he has carte blanche and only got the person complaining in trouble. Got an intern fired years ago after he hit on her at a company holiday party and groped her was one rumored story. Intern filed an incident report, WIP basically claimed she was drunk unprofessional at the holiday party and they let her go while Angelo bragged about it to his co worker buddies. 

Bruno said Cataldi went behind his back on numerous occasions of stuff. He was out to get Josh Innes day 1 too. Bruno was defending Innes left and right from Angelo.Bruno on his own podcast awhile back during the Innes incident where he was finally let go went on his podcast and basically ratted out 97.5 and 94.1 with blaring accusations. Shockingly the press never picked them up. He said how both stations went behind his back to replace him on air and he was done with Radio after what happened at WIP. I forget what he exactly said about Angelo other then the guys a real douchnoozle and #### stirrer but he can do and get away with whatever he wants on his show. My buddy said Cataldi acts like he's some god or anti christ. Thinks he's the best show in all of sports radio. 

If you want a great representation of why Philly fans get the status and rep we do look no further then Cataldi. He's everything wrong with Philly Sports fans. Him and Mikey Miss

I've known for awhile. I've met Tony Bruno a few times and he's talked what a horrible person he is. He's very misogynistic too hence the Wing Bowl and all. My HS buddy when he did his sports journalism internship interned at WIP with Glen MacNow. With everything he said I had a new appreciation I never thought id have for Howard Eskin and some of the stuff he said about Cataldi I couldn't believe. Said no one reports him because he has carte blanche and only got the person complaining in trouble. Got an intern fired years ago after he hit on her at a company holiday party and groped her was one rumored story. Intern filed an incident report, WIP basically claimed she was drunk unprofessional at the holiday party and they let her go while Angelo bragged about it to his co worker buddies. 

Bruno said Cataldi went behind his back on numerous occasions of stuff. He was out to get Josh Innes day 1 too. Bruno was defending Innes left and right from Angelo.Bruno on his own podcast awhile back during the Innes incident where he was finally let go went on his podcast and basically ratted out 97.5 and 94.1 with blaring accusations. Shockingly the press never picked them up. He said how both stations went behind his back to replace him on air and he was done with Radio after what happened at WIP. I forget what he exactly said about Angelo other then the guys a real douchnoozle and #### stirrer but he can do and get away with whatever he wants on his show. My buddy said Cataldi acts like he's some god or anti christ. Thinks he's the best show in all of sports radio. 

If you want a great representation of why Philly fans get the status and rep we do look no further then Cataldi. He's everything wrong with Philly Sports fans. Him and Mikey Miss
Do you know Angelo’s email address lol?

Do you know Angelo’s email address lol?
No I had a buddy who had Mikey Miss's. It was because he was writing for a blog for a Philly page and Mike was doing his weekly write up in the Inky. Mike made some claims about talking to Cole Hamels agent about his new contract (This was Hamels last contract he signed before he was traded), and Jimmy Rollins signed his new deal. My buddy not trying to be a jerk or troll informed Mikey he had contract info numbers wrong on Jimmy's deal. He then linked him to the MLB cots website with the info and $$$ for MLB contracts that is very accurate. Mikey went off on him calling him a F*g blogger and a whole bunch of other insensitive words I won't type on here. My buddy emailed and hyperlinked 97.5 after his dissuccison with him. They didn't do a dam thing about it. My buddy thinks Mikey was drunk or something but when I told Bruno the story one of the times I saw him, he shook his head and just said he wasn't surprised. Dude like Cataldi gets away with murder. 

I'm sure some fine outstanding Philly citizen though has put Cataldi's email address on twitter on the interwebs for all to see though

One things for sure. Tomorrow morning will have the highest rated first 15 mins of his show since the super bowl to hear how bad of an ### he makes himself. 

One things for sure. Tomorrow morning will have the highest rated first 15 mins of his show since the super bowl to hear how bad of an ### he makes himself. 
Yep gonna be fun. Can't wait to read Kevin Kinkead's article on Crossing Broad making fun of the guy either that comes out shortly after the show too. I'm half tempted to call the Jabrony tomorrow morning and troll him, but 1 part of me says there might be so many already trying to I may not get through and 2 I might be way too emotional that I blurt out some naughty words where they just end up hanging up on me. 

SB odds are out.  We're 10th.

Chiefs 6-1
Ravens 7-1
49ers 8-1
Saints 11-1
Patriots 14-1
Steelers 15-1
Packers 18-1
Cowboys 18-1
Seahawks 22-1
Eagles 25-1
Rams 25-1
Browns 25-1
Vikings 25-1
Chargers 30-1
Raiders 30-1
Texans 30-1
Titans 30-1
Bills 30-1
Bears 30-1
Colts 35-1
Falcons 40-1
Buccaneers 50-1
Cardinals 60-1
Jets 60-1
Jaguars 75-1
Broncos 75-1
Dolphins 100-1
Giants 100-1
Lions 100-1
Panthers 100-1
Redskins 200-1
Bengals 200-1

Chiefs 6-1
Ravens 7-1
49ers 8-1
Saints 11-1
Patriots 14-1
Steelers 15-1
Packers 18-1
Cowboys 18-1
Seahawks 22-1
Eagles 25-1
Rams 25-1
Browns 25-1
Vikings 25-1
Chargers 30-1
Raiders 30-1
Texans 30-1
Titans 30-1
Bills 30-1
Bears 30-1
Colts 35-1
Falcons 40-1
Buccaneers 50-1
Cardinals 60-1
Jets 60-1
Jaguars 75-1
Broncos 75-1
Dolphins 100-1
Giants 100-1
Lions 100-1
Panthers 100-1
Redskins 200-1
Bengals 200-1
I’m not a betting man but there’s great value in most of the teams on that list between the Packers and Titans. 

I’m not a betting man but there’s great value in most of the teams on that list between the Packers and Titans. 
Brown's, Raiders, and Chargers seem like awful values.  Kinda surprised those 3 teams are ahead of the Texans, Titans, and Bills. 

I guess the Brady potential boosts them a bit but still no way those 3 should be above the bottom 3. 

Chiefs 6-1
Ravens 7-1
49ers 8-1
Saints 11-1
Patriots 14-1
Steelers 15-1
Packers 18-1
Cowboys 18-1
Seahawks 22-1
Eagles 25-1
Rams 25-1
Browns 25-1
Vikings 25-1
Chargers 30-1
Raiders 30-1
Texans 30-1
Titans 30-1
Bills 30-1
Bears 30-1
Colts 35-1
Falcons 40-1
Buccaneers 50-1
Cardinals 60-1
Jets 60-1
Jaguars 75-1
Broncos 75-1
Dolphins 100-1
Giants 100-1
Lions 100-1
Panthers 100-1
Redskins 200-1
Bengals 200-1
Any idea what these were in years past?

found an archive on PFR.
Awesome, nice and easy to navigate.  Here's the SB winner's preseason 'ranking" the last 20 years:  Makes our run look even more impressive, as we're the only sub top-12 team to win it in 13 years.

Also crazy how low the Pats and Rams were ranked heading into the season.  Those Eagles, Pats, and Rams teams bolded all had a different QB lead them to the title than their preseason starter.  Wild.

KC # 2 in 2019
Pats #1 in 2018
Eagles #14 in 2017
Pats # 1 in 2016
Broncos #6 in 2015
Pats #3 in 2014
Seahawks #3 in 2013
Ravens #9 in 2012
Giants #12 in 2011
Packers #5 in 2010
Saints #10 in 2009
Steelers #8 in 2008