What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (1 Viewer)

I'm assuming we're all all-in on KC now.  Hope they take it and I think they will.
The Titans have been an amazing story but I just think they're too one dimensional to beat a powerhouse like KC.  Henry has been great but Tennessee will likely be forced to play in a shootout and I'm not sure Tannehill can take that on.  I think KC would trounce GB but SF would be a really good Super Bowl IMO.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m all in on Tennessee. They beat them earlier in a high scoring game so who knows? Outside my Eagles, my favorite players to watch are Kittle and Henry. At this point in my life, I’m ambivalent about wether Ried wins. It’s not enough to swing me. And I’m with baby demon, I hate Hill.

@FieldYates: The Lions are hiring Eagles defensive backs coach Cory Undlin as their new defensive coordinator, per league source. 

Undlin and Lions head coach Matt Patricia both began their NFL careers together as coaching assistants with the Patriots in 2004.

@FieldYates: The Lions are hiring Eagles defensive backs coach Cory Undlin as their new defensive coordinator, per league source. 

Undlin and Lions head coach Matt Patricia both began their NFL careers together as coaching assistants with the Patriots in 2004.
feels like a lions move....

I could actually somewhat understand it if you guys didn’t just win a super bowl a couple years ago.  After that, I have no idea why anyone is still bitter about Andy.
I wouldn't mind seeing Andy get one, and this year things are falling into place to give him his best chance. He's like an ex you're happy for because you had good times together for a long time, eventually realized a split was the best thing for both of you, and you've already found happiness yourself. We got our happiness; go and get yours, Big Red. 

And how is Corey Undin still here? He has to be tied to Schwartz 
Boom! Got your wish.

When he came here, from Denver, there was buzz about how great a DB coach he was, how he worked magic with the Broncos and their DBs, and he was thought highly enough of that he was kept after Chip was fired. But, we never saw any of that. We've mostly seen players regress (Maxwell, Darby, Jones) or succeed after they left (Sullivan, Bausby.)

Boom! Got your wish.

When he came here, from Denver, there was buzz about how great a DB coach he was, how he worked magic with the Broncos and their DBs, and he was thought highly enough of that he was kept after Chip was fired. But, we never saw any of that. We've mostly seen players regress (Maxwell, Darby, Jones) or succeed after they left (Sullivan, Bausby.)
How he got a DC job is mind boggling to me. Who knows he may end up being better at calling a defense than grooming DB’s but I’m very glad he’s gone. 

he just got fired by them right? wondering if he will come back on the team
Interesting situation with him.  He was so good for us in a positional coach.  But when he left Minny, Doug said they were not exploring the option of bringing him back.  So it seems like some ties were cut with him that can't be repaired easily.  I'd take him back as a QB coach but not sure he's going to want to do that.  Maybe no one will want Groh and Flip and we can be like "hey guys, it's WR/QB coach or nothing". 

At this point some new blood wouldn't be a bad thing though. 

I'm kind of hoping for Caldwell now tbh.

Support what you are saying.  If you can.  Here are some snippets from your local newspaper The Philadelphia Inquirer that this meddling is nothing new for Mr. Lurie:
The guy you are trying to promote article wise is Jeff McClain who's considered a hack writer. The team had already kicked him out of press row in the box last season or this season at a game for not following certain procedurces. Most take whatever he writes with a grain of salt 

Boom! Got your wish.

He's really good but Schwartz has carte blanche on the defense and personal. Remember a few months or so ago a report came out of Schwartz and an Eagles assistant not agreeing with one another? Well that was Undlin. Schwartz is a good dude but so ignorant on his scheme. Undlin did what he could with the DBs but they just were not up to what Cory liked in DBs a lot of them. Unlike the coaches on the offensive side where guys have more say and the OC/QB coach tell Doug and Doug talks to Howie and company and they all make a final decision its a team effort however with Schwartz it's I tell you guys what to do and you do it don't question me. 

This isn't me deflecting any blame from Undlin. He deserves some of it but when someone is telling you they can't work with certain co worker or people or in this case players then you need to take that into decision making. I heard Undlin liked Jones prior to the draft but after he blew his achilles thought the team should've waited till the 4th round or 5th and if he was still there take a chance. He figured after the big injury you draft him any higher the kid may have no chance to succeed from higher expectations do to his pedigree in college and then being drafted in a high round coming off a really bad injury. Thats just one of the stories I'd heard. Undlin was instrumental in getting Maddox into playing Hybrid Safety/CB role last year though

Damn meddling owner
I think that was partial. I think he was gonna become our OC if Reich left but after the block he didn't trust the team or something. I heard there were other issues with him too personality wise that are off putting. So who knows. 

Surprised how much complaining in here about the Clowney hit. It deserved a flag, but wasn't THAT egregious. It didn't deserve any fines or a suspension. The fact that it knocked Carson out was just unfortunate

I can’t get on board with that one. The suspension talk was over the top IMO but a hit like that has to be fined. 

Thats an ejection in college football. 
Agreed. The suspension talk for me is being a vindictive homer. For example, i was super glad he took a hit to the junk during the Packer game and that they lost. But it absolutely should have been a fine. Otherwise defenders now have the motivation to take their chances hitting a QB and maybe that will knock him out and win them the game. Bad precedent to set.

Season five of the Emmy Award-winning sports documentary series All or Nothing, an Amazon Original series produced by NFL Films, will premiere on Friday, February 7, exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. All or Nothing: The Philadelphia Eagles tells the story of a talented team striving to compete for a championship in the face of inevitable change.
Teaser

Buckle-up, boys. 

Surprised how much complaining in here about the Clowney hit. It deserved a flag, but wasn't THAT egregious. It didn't deserve any fines or a suspension. The fact that it knocked Carson out was just unfortunate
Can't get on board with this. The NFL lacks consistency in their calls. People are complaining about the targeting call on the Clemson guy was weak. I said it maybe weak but I'd rather complain it was weak then the fact they aren't consistent as the OSU player was penalized for an exact same play. The NFL shows zero consistency. I like the College Targeting rule a lot and if the NFL was serious about health of players they have adopted it 

I can’t get on board with that one. The suspension talk was over the top IMO but a hit like that has to be fined. 

Thats an ejection in college football. 
I think the suspension talk was based more on the nature and history of the player with that sort of behavior. I think it's warranted talk but I think Suspension would've been a tad over the top on this one

Users who are viewing this thread