Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Godsbrother

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

Steelers sign TE Eric Ebron, 2 years, $12 million

I like it and how on earth can the Bears justify paying Graham 2 for $16M?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Steelers sign TE Eric Ebron, 2 years, $12 million

He'll help if he can stay healthy. Dude misses a lot of games.

Where are they at cap wise now?

Would love for them to make a play for Phillip Walker

5 hours ago, geneyus said:

He played at least 13 games for his first 6 years.  Played 11 last year.

7 hours ago, geneyus said:

2 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

He played at least 13 games for his first 6 years.  Played 11 last year.

As BigSteel pointed out he does miss a lot of games but he has what I'd call Jeremy Maclin disease. He'll roll around on the ground  several times a year and you'll think you've lost him for weeks if not the season and he'll be back in the lineup a few plays later. He's not much fun to own in that regard.

As for the 11 games he played last year that is what effectively ended his Colts career. They thought he had an injury he could have continued to play through, but Ebron elected to have surgery. From what I've read from multiple outlets the Colts were were through the roof po'ed at him, that severed the relationship, and they felt that Ebron was abandoning the team to get himself healthy for FA. On one hand I can't say I blame Ebron, but on the other hand I think he's got a bad rep with some in the league and it might have actually backfired in terms of him maximizing his deal.

Either way I'm glad the Steelers for him for what they did. Last year was an asterick with that horrendous QB play so we never had to focus on the 15 TD's we lost with AB, he'll help.

46 minutes ago, menobrown said:

As BigSteel pointed out he does miss a lot of games but he has what I'd call Jeremy Maclin disease. He'll roll around on the ground  several times a year and you'll think you've lost him for weeks if not the season and he'll be back in the lineup a few plays later. He's not much fun to own in that regard.

As for the 11 games he played last year that is what effectively ended his Colts career. They thought he had an injury he could have continued to play through, but Ebron elected to have surgery. From what I've read from multiple outlets the Colts were were through the roof po'ed at him, that severed the relationship, and they felt that Ebron was abandoning the team to get himself healthy for FA. On one hand I can't say I blame Ebron, but on the other hand I think he's got a bad rep with some in the league and it might have actually backfired in terms of him maximizing his deal.

Either way I'm glad the Steelers for him for what they did. Last year was an asterick with that horrendous QB play so we never had to focus on the 15 TD's we lost with AB, he'll help.

Awwww that's what it was. I remember reading about that now. I also remember thinking I can't really take anything the Colts organization says about the health of a player seriously. Which means it's a he said she said thing but if he rubbed them wrong I'm sure it gets around the league.

On 3/7/2020 at 4:34 PM, Godsbrother said:

No offseason buzz thus far.  Dionte had a nice rookie season with sub-par QB play.   If Ben comes back from his injury I think Johnson has a good chance to have a breakout season. 

Just saw report he is working out and practicing with Whole Lotta Money Mr. Big Chest.

On 3/23/2020 at 5:29 PM, BigSteelThrill said:

Heard a radio report and Ndamukong Suh's agent had contact with Pittsburgh.

I think Suh's agent is talking to everybody

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Choke said:

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says team is done with Free Agency and is focused on the draft.

Thus ending my dream of getting Jameis on a one year discount price.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, geneyus said:

Hands of stone

16 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Hands of stone

Meh, he has drops and a probably always will, also catches a lot of them as well and some really difficult catches. Drops are not an official stat and you'll see different numbers given but some people have Gallup leading the league with a whopping 10+, multiple sites have Edelman leading the league. 

He's a TE like we've not have in awhile, can create legit mismatches, has a 13 TD season on his resume when the highest pass receiving TD total on this team is 7. I mean it's not like teams are going to leave him open hoping he drops it and like I said he catches plenty as well.

The one XFL player I wanted them to sign, they did not

15 hours ago, menobrown said:

Thus ending my dream of getting Jameis on a one year discount price.

One year? I was hoping they'd give him on a contract between Mariota and Bridgewater, 3 years $34-38 mil. That way, if Ben goes down we have a great 2nd QB, and when Ben leaves in 1-2 years we have a great young QB to start without using 1st round pick flyers. He's only signing to be a backup at this point, and we could make the deal work if we backloaded it. I know he's thrown a crapload of picks, but I really think part of that was his poor eyesight and refusal to wear glasses (ok, so maybe he's an idiot). He got eye surgery to correct his vision, and I think he will end up being a top 10 QB if matched with a solid coaching staff, which we have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

One year? I was hoping they'd give him on a contract between Mariota and Bridgewater, 3 years $34-38 mil.

For sure a Mariotta deal would have been incredible but I'm trying not to be greeedy. Just figured if we could get him in the building for a year,  I think he'd like Tomlin and then depending on year goes with Ben we could reassess.

On the interceptions it could be the glasses, maybe it's just his nature. But here is where I kind of feel for the kid. Prior to last year his interception ration was high but was lower then Brett Favres career. So a problem for sure,  but not as bad as it would get. He gets aligned with a coach who keeps encouraging him to be aggressive, throws a career high picks and then gets thrown to the curb.

I'm sill going to hold out hope despite what Colbert said,  hope is free.

11 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

How could they fit him under the 2020 cap?

One of reasons I thought it would be difficult but I think we got about $10M, our draft picks won't take up much cap space, Mariotta got signed for $7.5M and Winston is running low on options.  Not easy but doable but takes two sides to want to work it out and I've seen no evidence that either side is interested.