What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cheating Death (1 Viewer)

MACE

Footballguy
Watching this amazing collection of near fatal accidents reminds my how random life can be. Most of these people who barely escape are not to blame but some are. And I have done similar things like the guy at the 57 second mark. The guy at the end though must have froze in the headlights or was on his phone.

Close Calls

Watching this amazing collection of near fatal accidents reminds my how random life can be. Most of these people who barely escape are not to blame but some are. And I have done similar things like the guy at the 57 second mark. The guy at the end though must have froze in the headlights or was on his phone.

Close Calls
My wife had it happen a couple of years ago. A van jumped the sidewalk and went right in front of her, crushing another woman against the side of a building and killing her. She said maybe 2 steps more and it would have hit her.

Man some of those are insane.  The truck driver one where the pole come through the cabin is nuts.  

There was a merchant in Bagdad who sent his servant to market to buy provisions and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said, Master, just now when I was in the marketplace I was jostled by a woman in the crowd and when I turned I saw it was Death that jostled me.  She looked at me and made a threatening gesture,  now, lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city and avoid my fate.  I will go to Samarra and there Death will not find me.  The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went.  Then the merchant went down to the marketplace and he saw me standing in the crowd and he came to me and said, Why did you make a threating getsture to my servant when you saw him this morning?  That was not a threatening gesture, I said, it was only a start of surprise.  I was astonished to see him in Bagdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.

My wife had it happen a couple of years ago. A van jumped the sidewalk and went right in front of her, crushing another woman against the side of a building and killing her. She said maybe 2 steps more and it would have hit her.
:eek:

It was the day before the 4th of july weekend. A coworker said he was going to Wendys and I asked if he minded if I jumped in with him. We started  to head out but then I realized my dad birthday was this weekend and I had not got him a gift yet, so I changed my mind and went back in to get my keys. I didn't leave right away and mulled around my desk answering a few emails and such. Then someone got a call and said the employee I was supposed to go with got into an accident. 

We went down to the scene and he was shaken but fine. Seems on his way back "someone" blew the red light (never found out if it was him or the other driver) and he got t-boned in the passenger side door. When I looked in the car, I could see the interior of the door almost touching the center console...exactly where I would have been sitting. 

Of course my jag off friends at work blamed me, because if I had actually gone with him, it would have taken a few minutes longer to make my order and he would not have been in that intersection at that exact time. lol

I can’t remember the details but there’s a video of a football player (maybe Jack Nicklaus’s grandson???) with a car or truck or bus pulling out in front of him on his motorcycle. If I recall he ended up with a few scratches. 

Lineup assistance, please. i'm in the final (stage of my life) and i can't decide between Grim Reaper & St Peter for my kicker. Reaper's more accurate, but St Pete's on a better offense. I know this isn't the right forum, but HELP!!

Lineup assistance, please. i'm in the final (stage of my life) and i can't decide between Grim Reaper & St Peter for my kicker. Reaper's more accurate, but St Pete's on a better offense. I know this isn't the right forum, but HELP!!
Sorry, you need to post this in the Assistant Afterlife Forum.

Took a seaplane ride with my family while in Ketchikan, AK through the Misty Fjord area.  A few months later, the plane we were on was involved in a mid air collision.  All 4 passengers on board and the pilot (RIP, Randy 😥) perished.  Not such a close call in the same sense as the other videos/stories in this thread, but still a freaky feeling.

Had my moment about 20 years ago.  Heading home on an expressway outside of Chicago mid-afternoon.  Sunny, warm day, so I had the windows closed and the A/C on low.  Not much traffic.  I'd seen a bit of debris on the highway, but didn't think much of it.  Soon after, a roughly 15 lb half-of-a-brake shoe from a truck breaks off and two-hops into my windshield.  Just an explosion of glass into the car, but the windshield held (with a lot of cracks).  Brake shoe was heavy enough that it came to rest on top of my car. Somehow, I held it together well enough (and wasn't injured or cut...fortunately had sunglasses on) to catch up to the truck and get him to stop.  (He felt horrible about it.)  Maybe a year or so later, a similar thing happened near Chicago, but the brake shoe hit a different spot on the windshield and the woman died.

Back in 1980 something, a friend of my dad kept insisting he go with him to Vegas, even going so far as to buying the plane ticket. Ultimately my dad said he had to work and couldn't do it. Obviously with the nature of this thread, the plane crashed killing everyone on board. 

Should have died twice in the mid 90s. Both times saved by a fight with the same Girlfriend. 

INCIDENT 1: Freshman At college and was going to ride home with a buddy to visit the GF (who's a Senior back at HS). I'm packed to go but we get in a fight on the phone so I decide not to go. Buddy rolls solo... terrible rain... loses control and hits the side of a bridge.

Car is literally sheared in half, seat belt fails. They find him in the shallow stream below, in the back seat. Passenger side is completely peeled back/crumpled. He required half a decade of surgery and therapy to walk again. Sometimes I feel guilty for not going as maybe I'd have kept him alert. 

INCIDENT 2: At GFs house and her friend rolls up and wants to go to someone's house. GF jumps in behind driver so I can have shotgun (small car and I'm 6' vs her 5' 2"). Argument ensues and I hop out. Short drive so they just pull off. Car is T boned by someone running a stop sign, caving in the whole passenger side. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife had this happen two weeks ago.  Walking to her car after work near a busy road in the dark.  Car decided to jump the sidewalk and drive the wrong way down a one way street and missed directly hitting her while she walked on the sidewalk by like two seconds.  Crazy how two seconds can be the difference between life and death.    

Users who are viewing this thread