What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Passports for flights within the US?? (1 Viewer)

Zero way the deadline doesn't get extended at least another year. 

This situation is causing day long lines at the Texas DMVs.  Anecdotal reports of people arriving at 7am and being unable to get their ID done by 5pm.  It's a complete ####show.  

Also putting a huge amount of pressure on registrars because you need a legit copy of a birth certificate.  
My aunt lives in Dallas.  She confirmed this.  They are sending people away due to 5+ hour lines.

My aunt lives in Dallas.  She confirmed this.  They are sending people away due to 5+ hour lines.
This goes into effect 10/1 so it's weird to me DMV is seeing a such long lines now.  Those last few weeks in Sept are going to be a mess unless this is extended.

This goes into effect 10/1 so it's weird to me DMV is seeing a such long lines now.  Those last few weeks in Sept are going to be a mess unless this is extended.
100% it gets extended.  probably by more than a year.  

I sent away for a certified copy of my birth certificate, brought my passport, the cable bill, vial of blood and my first born in case I needed to sacrifice her on an alter.
:D  Here is what I brought with me in Ohio.... Existing Driver License, Social Security Card (Partially Ripped), W-2 (because I wasn't sure if they would accept SS card with rip), birth certificate, passport, a secondary state issued ID I have, Utility bill.... I had a couple other things, but I can't remember what they were now.  I think they said I only needed the old license, birth certificate and a utility bill (to prove current address)

:D  Here is what I brought with me in Ohio.... Existing Driver License, Social Security Card (Partially Ripped), W-2 (because I wasn't sure if they would accept SS card with rip), birth certificate, passport, a secondary state issued ID I have, Utility bill.... I had a couple other things, but I can't remember what they were now.  I think they said I only needed the old license, birth certificate and a utility bill (to prove current address)
Sounds right

My aunt said she made an appointment, in and out in 20 minutes.
That wasn't an option for the DMV here either but that would be the way to go if you can. All told I think it took me 2 hrs so wasn't too bad but if you're not expecting to wait like that it can probably be a little overwhelming. I saw a number of people come in, look at the line and walk back out.

My non-compliant DL does not expire for 2 more years.  I will just use my passport till I am forced to renew my DL.  I'm not paying the extortion when I have several perfectly fine ID's. 

The terrorist won.

I got my real ID in Texas by renewing through the mail in 2018.
Congrats

All that means is that sometime between 2006 and now you went in with your birth certificate.  

There was no requirement to haul your BC in at that point, and hardly anyone knew the implication of such a thing for damn near a decade.  Or more.

Congrats

All that means is that sometime between 2006 and now you went in with your birth certificate.  

There was no requirement to haul your BC in at that point, and hardly anyone knew the implication of such a thing for damn near a decade.  Or more.
It was in the 90s.

Unless things have changed, that may not be true for everyone?

Americans with an Enhanced Identification Card (EIC) or Enhanced Drivers License (EDL) from Washington State, Minnesota, South Dakota, Michigan, New York, or Vermont are allowed to travel to Canada without a Passport. Enhanced Driver's Licenses are only valid for land and marine crossings, however, so you will not be able to fly to Canada with one.

https://www.canadaduientrylaw.com/enhanced-drivers-license.php
:goodposting:   I go to Canada twice a year and being from Wisconsin I know a passport is a necessity. Good for 10 years so it just over $10 a year.. 

This requirement is flat out discrimination against minorities. We all know they have a difficult time getting ID’s. 

Looks like it is possible online in SC.  Check this DMV page - scroll down to the green box
Yea I tried that and it said I had to come in. Think it was because I've never brought my birth certificate in for anything so they had to get a copy. Everyone in my family that tried it said they had to come in.

So I guess I was wrong, there is an online option, it just didn't work for anyone I know :shrug:

My CA license expired in August and I was pissed at the time that the renewal by mail process didn't allow for getting the real ID.  This is going to make the DMV even more of a hell hole probably for the whole year.  Obama didn't have to provide his birth certificate.  Why do I have to?  

Shark move is to go through the whole process online, choosing which docs you intend to bring, etc. It gives you a confirmation number. Then when you go in it’s a snap. Not sure every state has this preregistration but MN does and it saves a lot of time and likely aggravation.

Shark move is to go through the whole process online, choosing which docs you intend to bring, etc. It gives you a confirmation number. Then when you go in it’s a snap. Not sure every state has this preregistration but MN does and it saves a lot of time and likely aggravation.
Can’t do this in FL, but sure wish it did.

Last edited by a moderator:
great job NY, they just passed a new law allowing undocumented residents the ability to get a driver's license. So between that and the Real ID issue you cant get near a DMV around here. 

My 80-year-old Aunt just ran into a roadblock trying to get her Real ID in California.

She was adopted at age 13 but then got married at age 17. California won't give her a Real ID because her birth certificate does not match the name on her wedding license or her DMV records.

But here's the thing: she's had a passport for 40+ years. :rolleyes:  

So, she will have to petition the state of Oregon to issue a new birth certificate, which means that she'll have to provide them with a copy of her adoption paperwork (because apparently Oregon hasn't digitized their old adoption files and they don't feel like digging through the archives on her behalf).

[scooter] said:
eoMMan said:
Are we gonna run out of SS numbers soon? How do they avoid duplicating numbers?
9 digits can accommodate 1 billion people. So far the U.S. has issued ~480 million SS numbers. We won't start to run out for another ~70 years.
The Feds should be getting rid of static Social Security numbers and move to one-time use numbers in a tokenization system. Should’ve used the money from the Equifax breach and others to fund it rather than give it to lawyers. 🙄

Numbers are somewhat encoded, assigned to specific states, and the 900+ series is reserved, but pretty close. Still, likely to come close to running out in my lifetime, and certainly for some people already born with ssns will need a change 
Use a letter.  Problem solved

Users who are viewing this thread