What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Planters Cocktail Peanuts or Dry Roasted Peanuts? (1 Viewer)

Planters Cocktail Peanuts or Dry Roasted Peanuts?

• Planters Cocktail Peanuts

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts

Votes: 84 68.9%
  • I'm dumb and don't like peanuts

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
I’ll take dry roasted 6 out of 7 days a week. 

Give me honey roasted otherwise though. Those are crazy addictive and I can’t buy them for that reason. I grew up with a friend who would have one of those enormous tins on his living room coffee table all the time and I would go (ahem) nuts on them any time I was there. 

Boiled peanuts are some type of prank Southerners play on tourists. Totally disgusting.
There was an old black guy that sold all types of peanuts outside of Comerica Park, I remember telling my buddy I was going to try the boiled one time and he said “do you like peas?”

he was notorious for misleading me on things so I proudly walked up and asked for an order of Boiled Peanuts.  I got an Are You Sure type of look as he repeated “Boiled?”.  I nodded yes and he had to motion over to someone to go retrieve them form a nearby truck so I know right there I had made a bad decision 

they were awful (and I’ll eat just about anything).  I was tempted to give them to a homeless person but I didn’t want him to think I was playing some sick joke on him so I just tossed them 

There was an old black guy that sold all types of peanuts outside of Comerica Park, I remember telling my buddy I was going to try the boiled one time and he said “do you like peas?”

he was notorious for misleading me on things so I proudly walked up and asked for an order of Boiled Peanuts.  I got an Are You Sure type of look as he repeated “Boiled?”.  I nodded yes and he had to motion over to someone to go retrieve them form a nearby truck so I know right there I had made a bad decision 

they were awful (and I’ll eat just about anything).  I was tempted to give them to a homeless person but I didn’t want him to think I was playing some sick joke on him so I just tossed them 
Yup. I got them somewhere in the Georgia years ago at a roadside stand. Had been seeing signs for them and thought I like peanuts, I like local delicacies. Completely disgusting. Would rather have eaten the bag they were in.

Ya'll are nuts. I love boiled peanuts.  I boil a 30 lb sack every year and freeze them.  For the purposes of this thread though, I went dry roasted.  It was a close call though.

Side topic:  I love Salt and Pepper Pistachios.  They are the best.  But how do they get the salt and pepper in them?   :confused:

Should have ordered the cajun version.

We had to give them up due to constipation issues. Got plugged up pretty good a few years back and almost went to the ER. Can eat one or two but that's about it.

I real southern will pronounce them "Bald Penuts"  No hairy nuts for The Southern Man. 

File this under things Neil Young never told you.

We had to give them up due to constipation issues. Got plugged up pretty good a few years back and almost went to the ER. Can eat one or two but that's about it.
Really?  They have the exact opposite affect on my.  Every so often I go on a peanut binge and will eat a jar at a sitting (not sure why, just every so often get a craving for peanuts).  Will definitely make me "regular"

Cocktail for sure. I don't get the dry roasted thing.

Preferring dry roasted makes about as much sense as preferring baked potato chips over fried.

Users who are viewing this thread