What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help us improve our products: DFS Lineup Optimizer edition! (1 Viewer)

Simon Shepherd

Footballguy
I want to setup some video calls with some users to get some detailed feedback about what you like/dislike about the tool and what your suggestions are. The main part of this would be me watching you use the Optimizer via screen share while we chat.

If you are:

• someone who is used to the IVCs and fears this change; or
  • someone who used the multi-build mode a ton this year and puts more than a couple of hours into DFS each week
Please email me - shepherd at footballguys dot com so we can setup a call.

I am still in the UK so I need people available in these time windows:

• 6.30am EST to 7.30am EST
  • 8.30am EST to 9.30am EST
  • 11am EST to noon EST
Thanks again!

I didn't get any takers on this yet. I know you guys have a ton of feedback for us and I'd love to have the opportunity to hear it. Just email me shepherd [AT] footballguys dot com - there's no need to even identify who you are on the forums, we can setup a new FBG account from scratch for this.

Still no takers here. I know you guys are really passionate about the tools we offer and have great feedback for us, e.g. this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/782881-keep-the-dfs-interactive-value-chart/

Is there a different way people would prefer to give feedback? I know this is the way I would get the most effective feedback, but if there's other ways people want to chime in, please let me know.

I hate to get to the middle of the season and have people yelling at us for making this or that decision - I'd much rather get that feedback now, and provide the tools to you all that you want.

i think IVC and a full-featured lineup optimizer serve two different purposes / target two different types of users.  the people who like using IVC to manually tinker with lineup construction don’t want a lineup optimizer.  don’t try to cram all the functionality into one tool, just offer both.  

i don’t play DFS any more but when i did, fantasycruncher was the gold standard of lineup optimizers.  not sure if that’s still the case but i’m guessing it is, if you want an optimizer that higher-volume DFS players would pay to use, copy as much of what they’re doing as possible. 

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
i think IVC and a full-featured lineup optimizer serve two different purposes / target two different types of users.  the people who like using IVC to manually tinker with lineup construction don’t want a lineup optimizer.  don’t try to cram all the functionality into one tool, just offer both.  

i don’t play DFS any more but when i did, fantasycruncher was the gold standard of lineup optimizers.  not sure if that’s still the case but i’m guessing it is, if you want an optimizer that higher-volume DFS players would pay to use, copy as much of what they’re doing as possible. 
Yes. That's exactly why the two tools are on completely separate tabs labelled "SINGLE" and "MULTI". For sure we looked at fantasycruncher and lots of others. For here though, I want to see if any of you guys are willing to help us out with more detailed feedback of your own experience using our tool in this past season.

Yes. That's exactly why the two tools are on completely separate tabs labelled "SINGLE" and "MULTI". For sure we looked at fantasycruncher and lots of others. For here though, I want to see if any of you guys are willing to help us out with more detailed feedback of your own experience using our tool in this past season.
Not sure "Single" and "Multi" reflects an understanding of the differences between the two products though.  I've used a lineup optimizer to build a single lineup, and I've used IVC to build multiple lineups.  

Not sure "Single" and "Multi" reflects an understanding of the differences between the two products though.  I've used a lineup optimizer to build a single lineup, and I've used IVC to build multiple lineups.  
Thanks. Do you have a better suggestion? "Simple" versus "Advanced"? "Quick" versus "Settings"?

Thanks. Do you have a better suggestion? "Simple" versus "Advanced"? "Quick" versus "Settings"?
"IVC" vs. "Optimizer"?  Don't see why the names have to change.  You have a product people obviously like, unless there's a really compelling reason to get rid of it I don't see why you would. 

"IVC" vs. "Optimizer"?  Don't see why the names have to change.  You have a product people obviously like, unless there's a really compelling reason to get rid of it I don't see why you would. 
I agree with this.   And the name doesn't matter, the functionality matters. 

I know you guys want to move away from the IVC because loading the data is currently a manual process - did you guys consider keeping the existing IVC UI and changing the back end to load the data systematically?   Even if the existing IVC has the player data embedded in the page it shouldn't be too hard to make changes to load the data dynamically from the new data source you plan to use for the "single" optimizer. 

I agree with this.   And the name doesn't matter, the functionality matters. 

I know you guys want to move away from the IVC because loading the data is currently a manual process - did you guys consider keeping the existing IVC UI and changing the back end to load the data systematically?   Even if the existing IVC has the player data embedded in the page it shouldn't be too hard to make changes to load the data dynamically from the new data source you plan to use for the "single" optimizer. 
Have you tried the new single build mode? Because it's a direct copy of the IVC interface. And it's so much easier to use on phones (50%+ of internet traffic is phones). Or am I missing something here?

I do think the name does matter here. For new users, "IVC" doesn't mean anything. New users need to understand what something is going to do for them, from the title alone. Even expanded out into "Interactive Value Chart" - I really don't think that phrase is a very good descriptor or what the tool is doing. I agree however that it needs to be super clear that the new single build mode is a direct replacement for the IVCs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread