What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2020 Cakeleeg - Shuke's domination has begun (1 Viewer)

Can we finally discuss the money?
Sure!

Entry fee is $130
Payouts:
If season is cancelled before 1 game played, full refund for everyone.
If season lasts between 1 and 15 games*, $100 refund for everyone, additional $420 to first place.
If season lasts between 16 and 45 games*, $65 refund for everyone, plus $546 to first, $364 to second.
If season goes 46 or more games*, full payouts $ 1092/$546/$182.

*In case of cancellation, number of games based is based on highest total of official games played by any MLB team.

[/Discussion]

When are roosters being updated?
They are updated but we have a problem. There is no way in Yahoo to have 30 total roster spots (active + bench). Right now we have 14 position spots, 9 pitching spots and 8 bench which exceeds Yahoo’s limit. 

In messing around with roster settings I added an NA spot for all teams which apparently cannot be reversed unless the draft results are reset.  The NA spot was helpful in a way because many teams had players listed as NA and I could make room for an additional player by moving him there. Equivalently I could move any player currently listed on the IL to an IL spot. Unfortunately some teams don’t have a player on IL or NA so I couldn’t add the last player from the supplemental draft. This was true for Tre (Flores) and shuke (Kiner-Falefa).

So, I’m not sure what to do here. We could go with 7 bench spots which is allowed and throw back the last drafted player. There is no way to have 8 bench spots no matter what. I have no idea why Yahoo has a hard limit on total roster size, but they do  

In order to remove the NA spot I would need to re-enter the draft results again. A pain, but it could be done. If we keep it we’d have to decide if teams can use it or not.  I wouldn’t mind keeping it but I’d understand if people didn’t want to  

I’m still not clear how Yahoo is dealing with COVID positive players. There is a new designation for them but they aren’t IL or NA eligible currently. I’m assuming teams will put them on the IL. I’m just not sure why Yahoo has that special tag assigned. 

Need some input here. Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience. 

They are updated but we have a problem. There is no way in Yahoo to have 30 total roster spots (active + bench). Right now we have 14 position spots, 9 pitching spots and 8 bench which exceeds Yahoo’s limit. 

In messing around with roster settings I added an NA spot for all teams which apparently cannot be reversed unless the draft results are reset.  The NA spot was helpful in a way because many teams had players listed as NA and I could make room for an additional player by moving him there. Equivalently I could move any player currently listed on the IL to an IL spot. Unfortunately some teams don’t have a player on IL or NA so I couldn’t add the last player from the supplemental draft. This was true for Tre (Flores) and shuke (Kiner-Falefa).

So, I’m not sure what to do here. We could go with 7 bench spots which is allowed and throw back the last drafted player. There is no way to have 8 bench spots no matter what. I have no idea why Yahoo has a hard limit on total roster size, but they do  

In order to remove the NA spot I would need to re-enter the draft results again. A pain, but it could be done. If we keep it we’d have to decide if teams can use it or not.  I wouldn’t mind keeping it but I’d understand if people didn’t want to  

I’m still not clear how Yahoo is dealing with COVID positive players. There is a new designation for them but they aren’t IL or NA eligible currently. I’m assuming teams will put them on the IL. I’m just not sure why Yahoo has that special tag assigned. 

Need some input here. Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience. 

I would just make everyone drop one player by end of today.  If someone does not get to it, drop the last supplement pick.  
Agree. No need to reload entire draft, just cut last player drafted IMO, unless someone explicitly gives you another player to cut 

If we are keeping the NA slot so as to not have to re-enter the draft, does that mean if I have an NA player I don't have to drop someone?

If we are keeping the NA slot so as to not have to re-enter the draft, does that mean if I have an NA player I don't have to drop someone?
That would be the rub with keeping the NA spot. 

We either need to keep it and allow people to use it, keep it and agree not to use it, or reset the draft and delete it.

I’m fine with whatever the restless mob decides. 

i had an IL player.  i don’t mind the NA spot, who really cares right now?  

also, max games and innings needs an updork.

That would be the rub with keeping the NA spot. 

We either need to keep it and allow people to use it, keep it and agree not to use it, or reset the draft and delete it.

I’m fine with whatever the restless mob decides. 
Whatever is easiest.  

I'm not crazy about "keep it and agree not to use it", we shouldn't have to worry about it.

So it looks like only Tre and I have to drop someone?  If so, please give me Kiner-Falefa and drop Crawford.

shuke said:
So we can have 31 spots if we use N/A or not?  So confused.
30 is the limit considering position players + pitchers + bench. 

NA and IL are special cases as players need to have those designations to be allowed on your team. 

I will keep the NA spot (which we are proposing to use during the season) and try to adjust rosters as you’ve indicated. I will unlock rosters shortly. 

Users who are viewing this thread