What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Music Thread. 9/11 - Flaming Lips, Everything Everything (1 Viewer)

Post Animal’s new one sounds like if Kevin Parker had waded into synthpop instead of jumping in with both feet. 

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i mean the cover is really good and honestly i would have believed that the original was a FIDLAR song in the first place if you played it for my blindly, which is why I was kind of confused.

yeah, i mean the cover is really good and honestly i would have believed that the original was a FIDLAR song in the first place if you played it for my blindly, which is why I was kind of confused.
It's good marketing move for SWMRS who are kicking off a UK/Europe tour on Sunday.  A 75's cover will get them more airplay than if they released an original.

BAMBARA - Heat Lightning

The album is out in a couple of months but there's a three track advance single out now.

The video is just like the song: dark and driving.

ETA:  here's a Talkhouse article that's a conversation between the band and Joe Talbot of IDLES
The BAMBARA album is out now.  It's post-punk with Spaghetti Western guitars and a deep-voiced singer from the Vanian/Lanegan/Iceage school. 

Beach Bunny is good. Riyl Charley Bliss, Swearin, Waxahatchee, Snail Mail and other female led indie bands

whoa, I love that already based on the art work and the yeast!

Serious question:  can you get some for me?
I'm going to try to get 24 when they go on sale. If I do, I can send you a 6-pack. 

I'm seeing them the day before they go on sale and leaving for Florida the day they go on sale, so hopefully I'm clear headed and organized enough to remember
I got 24 of these. It's awesome. I will send some. If anyone else wants some, I'll divide accordingly. 

@Steve Tasker I'll bring some to Bonnaroo.

Also, I saw PUP last night, watched first few songs from the back but 'Scorpion Hill' lured me to the pit and I stayed there the rest of the night. May have been the oldest one participating in that madness but I did not care. 

Greg Dulli has a new solo record.  The sound is kind of an update from the post-reunion Afghan Whigs records.  His voice has lost a lot of its power but he's generally able to swagger his way through things.  He'll always be a rock star in my book.

another week another new gbv album.  sounds good on first listen.

next week is intronaut 

archers of loaf put out a new tune yesterday. really good. seeing them tomorrow night

Fiddles said:
another week another new gbv album.  sounds good on first listen
I’m liking this too. Their new albums usually just drift by me but I’m liking this one. Really good guitar tone. 

Pearl Jam often shows up on my playlists because of the wife...I usually skip and block.

Superblood Wolfmoon by them is really good back to more grunge/garage roots.

RR of note:

dirty projectors

no age

car seat headrest

ty segall and friends

warmduscher

perfume genius

real estate

metronomy

young guv

dream syndicate (? reissue?)

juiceboxxx

malkmus

disq

sonic youth live in moscow from 89... peak sonic youth years.

Real Estate dabbling in soft yacht rock but they’ve always kinda been in the area. Interesting album. Needs more listens. 

Strokes song 'Bad Decisions' starts out like it's going to be a decent enough 3 minute strokes song that bites a bit too hard on 'Dancing With Myself' then keeps going and evolving and ends up being pretty great imo. 
Feels like it was straight from those first two albums...a good thing.

Their first single this year was good too..just a totally different direction.

I don't know if he's been posted in here yet, but the new record by Devon Gilfillian is really good. Black Hole Rainbow is the album title. 

The Good Life

Boldy James - The Price of Tea In China is an incredible hip-hop album. I've also been listening to a lot of Sada Baby.
I've heard a couple of tracks off of this. I was never about behind the beat rappers, but the production by Alchemist is outstanding and his flow is enough to sort of merge with the abstractions he's trying to paint. The track with Bennie the Butcher is sick. 

I'm trying to get a listen to the full album because my Spotify is awfully hinky. An aside: Paying $9.99 for something that crashes every time I search for something is very uncool. It's not a restart thing, either. It just does it. Anyone with similar issues? 

Users who are viewing this thread