What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Music Thread. 9/11 - Flaming Lips, Everything Everything (1 Viewer)

Bananagun kicks ###. Sounds like a jammy hippie commune raised on the Talking Heads and Goat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mid year song draft next week? Mark your calendars. 

Probably after Canada Day, in honour of NV. Are Thursday/Friday going to be write offs for U.S.A. folks like myself with the 4th?

Maybe the following Monday is better. 

Mid year song draft next week? Mark your calendars. 

Probably after Canada Day, in honour of NV. Are Thursday/Friday going to be write offs for U.S.A. folks like myself with the 4th?

Maybe the following Monday is better. 
They're all just days in the house to me :shrug:

PUP Live at the Electric Ballroom. One day only on Bandcamp with 50% profits going to Critical Resistance + Breakaway Addiction Services.

There's an 8:30 version of 'Scorpion Hill' on it :excited:  @Jaysus @Steve Tasker

https://puptheband.bandcamp.com/
Oh, god there's a Hold Steady one too, recorded in Toronto September 15, 2018. I was at the show the night before. 

https://holdsteady.bandcamp.com/?fbclid=IwAR1cjEEtlPofUEXtzmOM5HFpEsiUuE-Map7xVzMSETYvyA7s4C2q4b8IgDM

interesting RR today...

Streets with IDLES! (not so great, as it turns out... was hoping for more IDLES ala their Streets mashup, and less Skinner)

GRMLN (another week, another GRMLN tune. was thinking about them/him... I always like the tunes and want to playlist them- just hit the right spots for me- but none of them elevate or stick in my noggin).

GBV

James Blake

Bully

Surfjan Stevens

The Beths

Future Islands

Surfer Blood

The Clientele

DA Stern

Frankie and the Witch Fingers

Throwing Muses (!!!!!... seems to be two tracks released- incredible if they're actual new tracks. this one sounds pretty decent in a shoe-gazey way. paging @Musesboy )

American Reckoning - Bon Jovi

This just popped up on my release radar. Wow, I hadn't really listened to him in years. Would have never recognized his voice. I guess we are all aging, but wow.

I like the new Margo Price album... much more of a Rock album than a Country one - Sturgil Simpson produced it, so I can see that.  Twinkle Twinkle is bad ### and bluesy while Heartless Mind is pretty much a new wave song.  Fun album to listen to. 

Pottery... anybody? NV maybe... cannuck band.

google pushed them on my news feed based on a recent parquet courts search (hoping for new material from them). they're interesting- a bit talking heads meets pile meets omni meets ... dunno. I think I like them.

texas drums pt 1

new RR of note:

IDLES (new single, like their other singles for the new record, doesn't really go anywhere. not holding out a lot of hope for this one)

Protomartyr (new album? just in time)

yo la tengo (single in their sleepy atmospheric vein an..zzzzzzzzz)

king gizzard

GRMLN

white reaper (?)

jacuzzi boys (!)

bob mould

mini skirt (oi oi oi)

bee bee sea (nice- have liked this italian garage outifts stuff so far)

d.a. stern

crack cloud

Fontaines D.C. have a new single out called "Televised Mind." If Joy Division met the Beach Boys met a jam band met Interpol, this is what they might sound like. 

I love it. 

Fontaines

Fontaines D.C. have a new single out called "Televised Mind." If Joy Division met the Beach Boys met a jam band met Interpol, this is what they might sound like. 

I love it. 

Fontai

I love it. 

Fontaines
nes
New album coming out soon, iirc.

That one doesn't go very far past where it starts. Fortunately, where it starts rips.

New album coming out soon, iirc.

That one doesn't go very far past where it starts. Fortunately, where it starts rips.
Yep. July 31st is the news as of to date.  

Yeah, a bunch of their songs that they released from the album don't go very past from where they start. That's too bad. But I like hearing when they jam, so that's the (I guess) benefit of few time changes. 

Yep. July 31st is the news as of to date.  

Yeah, a bunch of their songs that they released from the album don't go very past from where they start. That's too bad. But I like hearing when they jam, so that's the (I guess) benefit of few time changes. 
New Fontaines singles I've heard so far >>>> than new IDLES singles I've heard so far (eta...idles singles also don't go anywhere)

And I agree that this latest one you posted is a winner 

American Advertisement by Advertisement is some nice no nonsense boogie rock. Riyl Neil Young, the Men’s Tom Petty period. 

Users who are viewing this thread