What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2020 Dallas Cowboys *** Jason Garrett responsible for yet another letdown season. Which WR should the Cowboys take with the 10th pick? (2 Viewers)

Deamon’s right, it’s pretty much just one who doesn’t like Lamb. Most Eagles are pretty sick about Dallas getting him and Howard not trading up. Philly still got a great player though.

I will say that Dallas is 50% of what they talk about. One guy even talks about how the Cowboys have too much fire power now, so now they will somehow be worse?🤠 Spin Doctor at its finest.

But both threads have a few over the top tools. Deamon is NOT one of them.
50% is a huge exaggeration haha.  For the hour after the Lamb pick it probably was around that though but it's not the norm.

I'm not afraid to admit I was pissed about you guys getting Lamb.  That was my nightmare and of course it happened.  I don't think he's going to suck, but I'm going to hope he does.  This one will sting for a while.

Why? We just signed Gerald McCoy & Dontari Poe. Would rather an edge rusher or DB. 
My reasoning was both Poe and McCoy are temporary and I would assume wind a little easier. If we had Davidson to build on, then I could see a much fresher front line to clog the middle. I’m tired of our great linebackers having to make the tackles 4-5 yards down field.

edit- But I’m good with Diggs also. I recognize we need both.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had told me before the draft Dallas would stay put in their draft spot and land Lamb and Diggs with their first 2 picks I’d have been thrilled

Keep it going McClay!

It means nothing but the average of where our guys would be picked is 9, 22 and 44. If they pan out this is looking like a great draft so far. Much better than some of our division foes...

edit to add we drafted 17, 51 and 82...

Tyler Biadasz

Tremendous value pick for Cowboys, especially after Travis Frederick's retirement. Biadasz has rare movement skills for the center spot and works well in run game. Just often out of control and off-balance in pass pro. Must get stronger too. Starter ability. (Chris Trapasso) Grade: A
👍

Bankerguy said:
Like all drafts - let’s talk in 3 years. 

However, I will predict a ####### home run and super value. I’m literally speechless on how much I love this draft. 
Have to say that's the best Dallas draft I've ever seen.  I think you guys had the best draft of any team in the league... unfortunately.

UNDRAFTED FA SIGNINGS

Sewo Olonilua, Running Back, TCU

Garrett Marino, Defensive Tackle, UAB 

Ladarius Hamilton, EDGE, North Texas 

Aaron Parker, Wide Receiver, URI

Francis Bernard, Linebacker, Utah

Rico Dowdle, Running Back, South Carolina 

Sean McKeon, Tight End, Michigan 

Ron’Dell Carter, EDGE, James Madison

Terence Steele, Tackle, Texas Tech

Stephen Guidry, Wide Receiver, Mississippi State

Azur Kamara, EDGE, Kansas

Luther Kirk, Safety, Illinois State

Charlie Taumoepaeu, Tight End, Portland State

Kendrick Rogers, Wide Receiver, Texas A&M

Anyone with background on these?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1253845203154169856
We were fortunate that after taking Lamb, which was a surprise and 100% the right call, that we were able to land Diggs in the back half of the second. The difference in payroll between him and Byron Jones is crazy. Yet, I feel we have as good or atleast very close to the same player. I like younger and way less cap cost.
Love the optimism with comparing the 2 players 

Sure hope you’re right 

I wasn’t happy when Dallas lost to Eagles at the end of last season, that’s never a good day. But I’m sure happy that it happened now. 

Dallas crushed this draft on paper, and the Eagles ...... did not crush it. 

Imagine how different this wkend would have gone had Dallas won that game 

Hell, Garrett and company might still be here too

I wasn’t happy when Dallas lost to Eagles at the end of last season, that’s never a good day. But I’m sure happy that it happened now. 

Dallas crushed this draft on paper, and the Eagles ...... did not crush it. 

Imagine how different this wkend would have gone had Dallas won that game 

Hell, Garrett and company might still be here too
You nailed it. Just imagine Philly with Lamb at 17, and Garrett drafting Burrito Carpenter or some other stiff?
I can assure you if he would have drafted a QB in the second, after such strong support of Dak as our franchise QB, the town would have burned jerseys.

UNDRAFTED FA SIGNINGS

Sewo Olonilua, Running Back, TCU

Garrett Marino, Defensive Tackle, UAB 

Ladarius Hamilton, EDGE, North Texas 

Aaron Parker, Wide Receiver, URI

Francis Bernard, Linebacker, Utah

Rico Dowdle, Running Back, South Carolina 

Sean McKeon, Tight End, Michigan 

Ron’Dell Carter, EDGE, James Madison

Terence Steele, Tackle, Texas Tech

Stephen Guidry, Wide Receiver, Mississippi State

Azur Kamara, EDGE, Kansas

Luther Kirk, Safety, Illinois State

Charlie Taumoepaeu, Tight End, Portland State

Kendrick Rogers, Wide Receiver, Texas A&M

Anyone with background on these?
Steele looks like a decent tackle pickup he was projected at a 4th-6th rounder

Dowdle could be a solid backup rb if he can stay healthy. He missed games every season because of injuries. Nice size and an ok pass catcher. He doesn't shy away from contact and has solid speed. 4.5 forty.

Ron’Dell Carter had 12 sacks and TWENTY SEVEN tackles for a loss last year at James Madison. Likes to speed rush, could be a guy that develops into a rotational player. 
There was a bidding war for him. We beat out Miami for his services. 

Tashuan Gipson cut after one year at Houston. I think Dallas should bring him in. He missed a few games from an injury, but other than that he did well. I like him better than anyone else we have at safety.

Users who are viewing this thread