Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IHEARTFF

Packers at 49ers NFCCG official game thread

Newsflash! I heard the Packers actually showed up today! Even though all the pundits think the game is over before it starts.

There will be more Packer fans there today as all the 9er fans are saving their money for Miami.

• Like 2

Rodgers back in the bay after getting crushed earlier this season. I’m taking Packers for the upset. State Farm Super Bowl comes to fruition!

• Like 1

I like SF run game and D too much today. Rodgers doesn’t have enough weapons to overcome that. 

Emmanuel Mosley is also expected to start over CB Ahkello Witherspoon on the opposite sideline of Richard Sherman

Can't understate how big that is. 49ers better hope Mosley doesn't get hurt.

Go Packers. 

It is all about can the Packers run the ball today. If they can....they can absolutely win. If not.....it will be extremely tough with that SF pass rush. 

• Like 1

I've yet to come up with a scenario in my mind in which the Packers walk away from this one with a win. The Packers weaknesses are the 49ers greatest strengths. On offense Green Bay struggles with defenses that are able to generate pressure with the d-line and play 7 in coverage. I can't think of a team that does that better than the Niners. On defense the Packers have been awful against TEs and are so so on their best day versus the run. San Francisco doesn't have to reinvent itself, they simply need to do what they do. Green Bay needs to unveil an entirely new look or find a way to bring back prime Aaron Rodgers along with prime Jordy, Driver, and Jennings. I just don't see it unfortunately.

San Francisco 24

Green Bay 28

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I've yet to come up with a scenario in my mind in which the Packers walk away from this one with a win. The Packers weaknesses are the 49ers greatest strengths. On offense Green Bay struggles with defenses that are able to generate pressure with the d-line and play 7 in coverage. I can't think of a team that does that better than the Niners. On defense the Packers have been awful against TEs and are so so on their best day versus the run. San Francisco doesn't have to reinvent itself, they simply need to do what they do. Green Bay needs to unveil an entirely new look or find a way to bring back prime Aaron Rodgers along with prime Jordy, Driver, and Jennings. I just don't see it unfortunately.

San Francisco 24

Green Bay 28

Lol. Yeah, on paper this game is over before it start.  Packers have no shot.

Nervous 49ers fan here. Feels like they SHOULD win but anything can happen. 

• Like 1

49ers will run away with this one. I don’t see Rodgers playing well in frigid San Francisco 

• Like 1

I think it's pretty much impossible for the Packers to keep it close, let alone win the game. That san fran defense is going to destroy them. And the Packers D won't be able to stop the run. Gonna be over quickly.  I think it will ultimately end up one of the most lopsided losses in Packers history. They've had a good season with a rookie coach and did better than many expected. But it ends today.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, shadyridr said:

No State Farm bowl

Best reason ever to root for SF.

9 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

San Francisco 24

Green Bay 28

Interesting way to say that you think the Packers win. :lol:

Just now, Leroy Hoard said:

Nothing says football like boys to men.

We’ve all witnessed a million times worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leroy Hoard said:

Nothing says football like boys to men.

Who are from Philly 😕

• Laughing 1

The fact the consensus says 49ers big......tells me the opposite very well may happen. 

Rodgers has that experience in a game like this you want from your QB. Again....they must be able to get Jones going early and often. If that happens we will have a game.

1 minute ago, belljr said:

Who are from Philly 😕

Motownphilly's back again,
Doin' a little west coast fling...
Boyz II Men going off,
Not too hard, not too soft…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Todem said:

The fact the consensus says 49ers big......tells me the opposite very well may happen. 

Upsets obviously happen, but this is poor logic.

48 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

There will be more Packer fans there today as all the 9er fans are saving their money for Miami.

This does not appear to be the case.

1 minute ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Upsets obviously happen, but this is poor logic.

I am not using any logic here. Pure gut feeling.

Just now, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

niners by 6

I like the way you think.

Just now, NutterButter said:

Rodgers should have another super bowl.  Let's go pack.

I much prefer the pouty Rodgers. 

inspired playcalling for the first series.

Jones.....Jones and more Jones Packers. That is the ticket to victory today.

What started back in school one time when Philly was jamming

Boys II Men

ABC

BBD

The East Coast Family

Jones is getting decent yardage in the running game, if Adams can win the battle vs. Sherman that bodes well for their success.

EDIT: Missed Jimmy Graham open.

Edited by The Frankman

16 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:
18 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

No State Farm bowl

Best reason ever to root for SF

I’m a Packers fan and have a hard time disagreeing

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

I think it's pretty much impossible for the Packers to keep it close, let alone win the game. That san fran defense is going to destroy them. And the Packers D won't be able to stop the run. Gonna be over quickly.  I think it will ultimately end up one of the most lopsided losses in Packers history. They've had a good season with a rookie coach and did better than many expected. But it ends today.

Please contain your shtick to Bears threads.

TIA

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2