What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Packers at 49ers NFCCG official game thread (2 Viewers)

Newsflash! I heard the Packers actually showed up today! Even though all the pundits think the game is over before it starts.

There will be more Packer fans there today as all the 9er fans are saving their money for Miami.

Emmanuel Mosley is also expected to start over CB Ahkello Witherspoon on the opposite sideline of Richard Sherman
Can't understate how big that is. 49ers better hope Mosley doesn't get hurt.

Go Packers. 

It is all about can the Packers run the ball today. If they can....they can absolutely win. If not.....it will be extremely tough with that SF pass rush. 

I've yet to come up with a scenario in my mind in which the Packers walk away from this one with a win. The Packers weaknesses are the 49ers greatest strengths. On offense Green Bay struggles with defenses that are able to generate pressure with the d-line and play 7 in coverage. I can't think of a team that does that better than the Niners. On defense the Packers have been awful against TEs and are so so on their best day versus the run. San Francisco doesn't have to reinvent itself, they simply need to do what they do. Green Bay needs to unveil an entirely new look or find a way to bring back prime Aaron Rodgers along with prime Jordy, Driver, and Jennings. I just don't see it unfortunately.

San Francisco 24

Green Bay 28

I've yet to come up with a scenario in my mind in which the Packers walk away from this one with a win. The Packers weaknesses are the 49ers greatest strengths. On offense Green Bay struggles with defenses that are able to generate pressure with the d-line and play 7 in coverage. I can't think of a team that does that better than the Niners. On defense the Packers have been awful against TEs and are so so on their best day versus the run. San Francisco doesn't have to reinvent itself, they simply need to do what they do. Green Bay needs to unveil an entirely new look or find a way to bring back prime Aaron Rodgers along with prime Jordy, Driver, and Jennings. I just don't see it unfortunately.

San Francisco 24

Green Bay 28
Lol. Yeah, on paper this game is over before it start.  Packers have no shot.

I think it's pretty much impossible for the Packers to keep it close, let alone win the game. That san fran defense is going to destroy them. And the Packers D won't be able to stop the run. Gonna be over quickly.  I think it will ultimately end up one of the most lopsided losses in Packers history. They've had a good season with a rookie coach and did better than many expected. But it ends today.

San Francisco 24

Green Bay 28
Interesting way to say that you think the Packers win.  :lol:

The fact the consensus says 49ers big......tells me the opposite very well may happen. 

Rodgers has that experience in a game like this you want from your QB. Again....they must be able to get Jones going early and often. If that happens we will have a game.

Jones is getting decent yardage in the running game, if Adams can win the battle vs. Sherman that bodes well for their success.

EDIT: Missed Jimmy Graham open.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's pretty much impossible for the Packers to keep it close, let alone win the game. That san fran defense is going to destroy them. And the Packers D won't be able to stop the run. Gonna be over quickly.  I think it will ultimately end up one of the most lopsided losses in Packers history. They've had a good season with a rookie coach and did better than many expected. But it ends today.
Please contain your shtick to Bears threads.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread