Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Ghost Rider

Super Bowl LIV Discussion Thread - 49ers vs Chiefs

Recommended Posts

I wonder how many years Reid has left in him? If I were him, I would be thinking about retiring on this one. Let Bieniemy take over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Amazed that we went 24 pages before the first post like this.  Not at all typical of the season's fare.  I guess "all-star officiating crews" really do matter.

Like I said I wanted the chiefs to win but this was a incredible screw job that the refs did to make Reid win.  I feel bad for the 49niners.

  • Laughing 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Chiefs fans. You guys are gonna win more of these over the next few years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sports_fan said:

Mahomes MVP?

Has to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fruity pebbles said:

Shanahan with that familiar post Superbowl look 

wonder how long he stood there before he realized Andy wasn’t meeting him for the handshake 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

I wonder how many years Reid has left in him? If I were him, I would be thinking about retiring on this one. Let Bieniemy take over. 

Crazy talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bucksoh said:

Like I said I wanted the chiefs to win but this was a incredible screw job that the refs did to make Reid win.  I feel bad for the 49niners.

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dez said:

Remember when Mahomes dislocated his knee at that moment laying on the field I thought maybe his season was over and now this.  Amazing.

The Mahomes topic is several pages of people predicting doom and gloom.... badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

So you’re saying that trading the draft pick away during the draft that was then used to draft Mahomes may have been a bad decision?

I think a lot of teams missed on that draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobbyLayne said:

wonder how long he stood there before he realized Andy wasn’t meeting him for the handshake 

Lol. Looked like he sniffed a fart.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gump said:

Too much to ask.

No need for injuries going into the offseason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

:lmao:

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dickey moe said:

Crazy talk.

Just saying that's what I would do in that position. He's got 30 years of NFL head coaching experience and is due for some relaxation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

:lol:

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁☺️☺️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bucksoh said:

Like I said I wanted the chiefs to win but this was a incredible screw job that the refs did to make Reid win.  I feel bad for the 49niners.

I thought it was pretty fairly called.

end of the 1st half the OPI was horse 🙂, but the refs didn’t cost them the game. 3 points. They lost by 11. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Insein said:

Here it comes. This game is going to be 38-20 final.

So close. That last play almost did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for Andy Reid

And Terrell Suggs 

Maybe Lamar can follow in his MVP to Super Bowl footsteps next year 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Tyreek's thing went the other way and they were forced to cut him do they make it this far ?

How is Kareem Hunt feeling seeing his former team win that could been him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damien should be MVP but Pat will get it despite 2 bad picks cause the NFL wants its new megastar.

  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

That Chris Meyers interview won't be used as a "How To" example anytime soon.

Post game Super Bowl interviews are almost impossible. They should just skip them. All those guys just want to celebrate. Let them celebrate together.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That Chris Meyers interview won't be used as a "How To" example anytime soon.

He is the worst of the worst.  So bad

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShamrockPride said:

Damien should be MVP but Pat will get it despite 2 bad picks cause the NFL wants its new megastar.

Agreed. I said that when he went back-to-back with the big stop then the INT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_Man said:

Happy for Andy Reid

And Terrell Suggs 

Maybe Lamar can follow in his MVP to Super Bowl footsteps next year 

Gonna be KC-Balt for years to come in the AFC. Wish my Phins could right the ship but I look forward to any game involving those two QBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That

1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

Post game Super Bowl interviews are almost impossible. They should just skip them. All those guys just want to celebrate. Let them celebrate together.

Has to be so annoying to be Mahomes and have 30 people smothering you and asking non-stop questions that you can't hear because there's 80,000 people cheering, music playing and fireworks going off. Just a ridiculous situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bucksoh said:

Like I said I wanted the chiefs to win but this was a incredible screw job that the refs did to make Reid win.  I feel bad for the 49niners.

alright, what did i miss?   was there a screw job?  can you unpack that for me?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Gonna be KC-Balt for years to come in the AFC. Wish my Phins could right the ship but I look forward to any game involving those two QBs. 

You got that extra draft pick so you never know. :shrug:    At the beginning of the year, did anyone predict this type of year from the Niners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That Chris Meyers interview won't be used as a "How To" example anytime soon.

 

1 minute ago, irish eyes said:

He is the worst of the worst.  So bad

The guy has put in his time and I could tell you how somewhere along the way in the early to mid "00s he got lost but seemed to find steady waters being the No 5 Team in the Booth and I'm being generous. On the one hand, sure he's covering the Super Bowl but at the same time he's more like Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall thinking they are going to a party only arriving to find they have to park cars and serve champagne in Coming to America. 

It's kind of sad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Garoppolo is the most fraudulent QB in the NFL. Niners had no confidence in him to do anything but short passes. Up 10 and tasked to control the offense, dude made mistake after mistake. Deep shot near the end of the game on 2nd and 10 and he massively overthrew Sanders for a TD. This one is on Jimmy, Top Ten QB my ###.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

That

Has to be so annoying to be Mahomes and have 30 people smothering you and asking non-stop questions that you can't hear because there's 80,000 people cheering, music playing and fireworks going off. Just a ridiculous situation. 

wish it was me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buffaloes said:

Kind of a pretty big chokejob there

Shanahan's resume reads. 

'Massive chokes in the big one is my specialty'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynch jinxed the 49ers by coming down from his box to the sidelines when they were 20-10 up. Couldn't wait to brandish the Lombardi trophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dez said:

If Tyreek's thing went the other way and they were forced to cut him do they make it this far ?

How is Kareem Hunt feeling seeing his former team win that could been him.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-kareem-hunt-laments-being-cut-from-kansas-city-chiefs-during-traffic-stop-i-should-be-playing-for-a-freaking-super-bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

Jimmy Garoppolo is the most fraudulent QB in the NFL. Niners had no confidence in him to do anything but short passes. Up 10 and tasked to control the offense, dude made mistake after mistake. Deep shot near the end of the game on 2nd and 10 and he massively overthrew Sanders for a TD. This one is on Jimmy, Top Ten QB my ###.

He was my predicted weak link and he came thru like a champ.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

You got that extra draft pick so you never know. :shrug:    At the beginning of the year, did anyone predict this type of year from the Niners?

The NFC is a little more wide open with guys like Brees and Manning giving way and others like Rodgers and Ryan getting up there in age, other than Wilson nothing is really set in stone. The AFC on the other hand seems like the trio of Mahomes-Watson-Jackson is set up for a long run of AFCC and Super Bowl appearances, one down tonight. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else remembers when teams used to have a jumbo package with an extra lineman as a TE, 2 actual TE’s, and a fullback and played smash mouth football to grind out final drives? Or am I just imaging that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The_Man said:

Happy for Andy Reid

And Terrell Suggs 

Maybe Lamar can follow in his MVP to Super Bowl footsteps next year 

Why suggs? The bleach story sticks out imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.