What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl LIV Discussion Thread - 49ers vs Chiefs (1 Viewer)

That Chris Meyers interview won't be used as a "How To" example anytime soon.

He is the worst of the worst.  So bad
The guy has put in his time and I could tell you how somewhere along the way in the early to mid "00s he got lost but seemed to find steady waters being the No 5 Team in the Booth and I'm being generous. On the one hand, sure he's covering the Super Bowl but at the same time he's more like Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall thinking they are going to a party only arriving to find they have to park cars and serve champagne in Coming to America. 

It's kind of sad

Jimmy Garoppolo is the most fraudulent QB in the NFL. Niners had no confidence in him to do anything but short passes. Up 10 and tasked to control the offense, dude made mistake after mistake. Deep shot near the end of the game on 2nd and 10 and he massively overthrew Sanders for a TD. This one is on Jimmy, Top Ten QB my ###.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynch jinxed the 49ers by coming down from his box to the sidelines when they were 20-10 up. Couldn't wait to brandish the Lombardi trophy.

Jimmy Garoppolo is the most fraudulent QB in the NFL. Niners had no confidence in him to do anything but short passes. Up 10 and tasked to control the offense, dude made mistake after mistake. Deep shot near the end of the game on 2nd and 10 and he massively overthrew Sanders for a TD. This one is on Jimmy, Top Ten QB my ###.
He was my predicted weak link and he came thru like a champ.

You got that extra draft pick so you never know. :shrug:     At the beginning of the year, did anyone predict this type of year from the Niners?
The NFC is a little more wide open with guys like Brees and Manning giving way and others like Rodgers and Ryan getting up there in age, other than Wilson nothing is really set in stone. The AFC on the other hand seems like the trio of Mahomes-Watson-Jackson is set up for a long run of AFCC and Super Bowl appearances, one down tonight. 

Who else remembers when teams used to have a jumbo package with an extra lineman as a TE, 2 actual TE’s, and a fullback and played smash mouth football to grind out final drives? Or am I just imaging that?

Just saying that's what I would do in that position. He's got 30 years of NFL head coaching experience and is due for some relaxation. 
he worked through his son dying and the other one going into rehab, was clearly burnt out at the end of Eagles' tenure, yet immediately took another job.  don't think that's his way...

Don't think anyone called him top 10. He was 49ers weak point for sure

I'll say this. Brady to SF could be that much closer. They're obviously not very far off from the top, probably just need a small upgrade at QB. Brady fits that description perfectly.
Or at least get a QB who is trusted to throw more than 10 yards downfield and doesn't wet himself under pressure.

Don't think anyone called him top 10. He was 49ers weak point for sure
Oh there was one... I'll give you a hint, it was a Niners fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping Berman doesn’t choke on his own tongue here on ESPN

Hoping Mahomes-Lamar is the Brady-Manning of the next decade 

Hoping Berman doesn’t choke on his own tongue here on ESPN

Hoping Mahomes-Lamar is the Brady-Manning of the next decade 
-It's like they picked up Grandpa on the way to Olive Garden

-If you allow for a few DeShaun Watson sightings in the AFC along the way then I agree with you all the way. The Mahomes-Watson-Jackson trio should fill the box for the AFC in the SUper Bowl for many more years to come. Mahomes is just the first to gather a Lombardi. 

49ers have the most complete team in the nfl with one hole. Their qb. He's a solid qb so im not bashing him but Tom would definitely be an upgrade. 
I would agree with you if we are talking Brady from even 2 years ago.  Brady this year wasn’t winning this game.   :shrug:  

Once he gets the big $ it will make it really hard to win it all again but I can see him winning at least one more.

Users who are viewing this thread