What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (13 Viewers)

NCAA tournament next is all but guaranteed IMO.
Agreed.

Shuke won the day.

the only thing worse that could happen now is Sarah Palin singing Baby Got Back wearing pink fuzz
Hot.

Good news. Kept kids home this week and we’re hunkered down with months of supplies. Bad news. I had most of my 7 figures in 401ks in bonds and moved about half into stocks this afternoon, and am going to take a major hit on that in overnight carnage. Thought Trump would announce stimulus plan instead of ####ting the bed. Plus NBA and Hanks news don’t help... I thought wrong. Probably losing 2-3% of my retirement tomorrow.
Godspeed, 1%.  Thanks for remaining out of touch.

ETA: Maybe harsh of me, who has 5 figures in IRA's losing value.   Instead maybe I should have responded "1% humblebrag".

Last edited by a moderator:
Costco has a grand opening in my locale, tomorrow.  I stocked up at Sam's Club two weeks ago, but I'm tempted to go check out the craziness.

Just spoke to an IT Professor who works at Temple University. ALL CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED FOR THE SEMESTER will start online corses after a week 

from Twitter:

In the hour after Trump delivered a speech intended to reassure the nation about virus 

- NBA canceled (Should be suspended) its season after all-star tests positive
- Tom Hanks announced he’s infected
- a senator announced her staffer infected

This feels like a night we’ll remember for a long time.

The real panic is going to be when peoples internet goes out and it takes 3 days to fix because Comcast or whoever is working from home with minimal field staff.

I fear i don't have enough prepped.  My wife went out today in search of more TP and hand sanitizer, couldn't find any.  I don't know if we need it, or its nervous hoarding.

I do know i don't have nearly enough booze.  I have plenty of beer but i feel bourbon coming on over the next couple of weeks.

I don't know
Its gonna be OK

The next few weeks will be crazy. News will report black friday like fights for toilet paper.

The stock market will still go down 

All sports will be canceled for a weeks maybe months 

Some things will be outright cancelled or moved til next year...eurocup...Olympics etc...

More panic will set in as people die 

More famous people will test positive 

But then...

Those same famous people will survive 

Sports will start returning and you'll hear the crack of a baseball bat....or an Astro banging on a garbage can

Things will start to get back to normal.

Yoga pants will still not be allowed here 

Tom Hanks is like the last Hollywood person I would want to see get this. That’s a shot to the gut. 

I’m going to believe it’s not true and he’s just method acting for his role in Ron Howard’s upcoming COVID 19 epic film. 

Its gonna be OK

The next few weeks will be crazy. News will report black friday like fights for toilet paper.

The stock market will still go down 

All sports will be canceled for a weeks maybe months 

Some things will be outright cancelled or moved til next year...eurocup...Olympics etc...

More panic will set in as people die 

More famous people will test positive 

But then...

Those same famous people will survive 

Sports will start returning and you'll hear the crack of a baseball bat....or an Astro banging on a garbage can

Things will start to get back to normal.

Yoga pants will still not be allowed here 
:thumbup:

Not that it matters what we say in here, but can we not do the panic shopping cleaning out the shelves thing? That’s a psychological response I know. Would have been nice if they re-iterated that in the speech tonight.
You can't stop that. Some are overkilling it sure, but in reality, no one knows if or when this will end, unlike the flu. If you are immune compromised, elderly, have a large family, kids... I don't think we should judge. 

I fear i don't have enough prepped.  My wife went out today in search of more TP and hand sanitizer, couldn't find any.  I don't know if we need it, or its nervous hoarding.

I do know i don't have nearly enough booze.  I have plenty of beer but i feel bourbon coming on over the next couple of weeks.
Its fine...wash your hands and your ###. You'll be fi.......YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BOOZE?????

Am CEO of a 100 person subsidiary based in  a downtown metropolitan financial district.  Parent company is located in a red state...leadership there is a bunch fox news watchers and last night I emailed the parent company CEO (my boss) and told him I was moving all employees into work-from-home (WFH) mode.  This morning I spent 10 minutes explaining to him that "this is NOT the seasonal flu and that I was adamant about giving WFH option to all employees.  He said  "I understand your concern, but no reason for you to be leading this."  Exasperated I said "all due respect, but there is a dearth of leadership on this at the federal level.  I have responsibility for 100 people, their families, and our ongoing business and I am tired of being 1-2 weeks ahead of the rest of the country."  He eventually acquiesced to my passion moreso than my argument, but whatever.  

Anyway, not looking for praise because I am frankly embarrassed I didn't have the fortitude to stand up for my people at this time LAST week.  Still, I have all of you to thank for the hygiene regimen we started 4 weeks ago, the light social distancing we began 3 weeks ago, the international travel ban we instituted 2 weeks ago, the domestic travel ban we instituted last week, and the WFH policy we put in place today.  Thank you all so much.  You have given me the insight, info, and courage I needed.

from Twitter:

In the hour after Trump delivered a speech intended to reassure the nation about virus 

- NBA canceled (Should be suspended) its season after all-star tests positive
- Tom Hanks announced he’s infected
- a senator announced her staffer infected

This feels like a night we’ll remember for a long time.
Don't forget Dow futures down almost 1000.

GF went to brunch with a friend last Sunday. One friend was talking #### about the virus, and Went to Disney with her BF the next day. 

She's currently under quarantine at home with COVID symptoms. 

#Geoberted
Somebody has to explain why there have been so many wrongthinkers about COVID. I mean, there were always going to be doubters ... but they should have been confined to the lunatic fringe. Shouldn't have been like 2/3 of the nation totally doubting the seriousness of COVID. Shaking my head ... this has been seen coming clearly -- to the U.S. -- for over a month.

I went to Walmart tonite. Got to the door and hand disinfectant wipes were handed out at the door. I thought about using  the fruit/veggie bags over my face, kind like when we were kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody has to explain why there have been so many wrongthinkers about COVID. I mean, there were always going to be doubters ... but they should have been confined to the lunatic fringe. Shouldn't have been like 2/3 of the nation totally doubting the seriousness of COVID. Shaking my head ... this has been seen coming clearly -- to the U.S. -- for over a month.
Meet me in the "Government Response" thread.

A school district in northern Kentucky is going the online learning route for a month.  I can't image what working parents with young kids are going to do.  

From LA times: The reverend and parishioners have confirmed that Rev. Janet Broderick, who tested positive for coronavirus, is the sister of actor Matthew Broderick.

Am CEO of a 100 person subsidiary based in  a downtown metropolitan financial district.  Parent company is located in a red state...leadership there is a bunch fox news watchers and last night I emailed the parent company CEO (my boss) and told him I was moving all employees into work-from-home (WFH) mode.  This morning I spent 10 minutes explaining to him that "this is NOT the seasonal flu and that I was adamant about giving WFH option to all employees.  He said  "I understand your concern, but no reason for you to be leading this."  Exasperated I said "all due respect, but there is a dearth of leadership on this at the federal level.  I have responsibility for 100 people, their families, and our ongoing business and I am tired of being 1-2 weeks ahead of the rest of the country."  He eventually acquiesced to my passion moreso than my argument, but whatever.  

Anyway, not looking for praise because I am frankly embarrassed I didn't have the fortitude to stand up for my people at this time LAST week.  Still, I have all of you to thank for the hygiene regimen we started 4 weeks ago, the light social distancing we began 3 weeks ago, the international travel ban we instituted 2 weeks ago, the domestic travel ban we instituted last week, and the WFH policy we put in place today.  Thank you all so much.  You have given me the insight, info, and courage I needed.
I hope your boss realizes how right you were after today.

Users who are viewing this thread