What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (16 Viewers)

belljr said:
I feel people are overreacting to be perfectly honest..

I'm not here to argue just stating how I feel. so you can save the arguments with all the numbers and all that I've already read all that stuff

ETA:  The news horrible reporting the virus is now "airborne" based on that one controlled study - doesnt help matters
People are to a degree but cats out of the bag now - you have to be prepared for quarantine or you could be in a world of hurt.  Meds, drinking water (faucet is fine), and food are essential.  It won’t be a huge deal to go out but it’s a risk.  

I’m closing on a house tomorrow and move the following week.  I’m not sure if this will make things better or worse.

@KarmaPolice - which basketball tournament?  We were headed to Hoover for Magic City - Brony played there last year.  Our team just pulled out and my daughters cheer team pulled out of her cheer competition in Disney.

People are to a degree but cats out of the bag now - you have to be prepared for quarantine or you could be in a world of hurt.  Meds, drinking water (faucet is fine), and food are essential.  It won’t be a huge deal to go out but it’s a risk.  

I’m closing on a house tomorrow and move the following week.  I’m not sure if this will make things better or worse.
Faucet is fine is the key here. People buying tons of water makes little sense. Buy water filter system instead if you hate your local water. Then spend the money on canned foods. 

TOOF PASTE AND LISTERINE ANTISEPTIC MOUF WASH!

them choppers gotta stay in shape ... still plenty stocked in my area. 

Pulled my kids from school. New York’s response is laughable, glad they have the National Guard in New Rochelle, feels like that will be a blip on the radar around these parts by the end of this.

I’m keeping my wife and kids home bc the hospital situation around here will be a nightmare and I need to make sure none of us will need to go.

Woke up this morning to the announcement that our county has possible Ecoli in the water supply. So we all have to boil the water to drink it and the kids are home from school today and tomorrow. 

Flatten the curve........with Ecoli 

I'd also like to formally apologize to @shader and @icon

I still think this is a bit overblown and trust we will contain it but i have been constantly mocking in tone and that I apologize for. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism.

One thing is I definitely was never trolling or making up stories or stats. I have more important things to do in my life than that. 

Just heard from principal of my kids school that very likely NYC public schools will close very soon. Likely Friday last day for awhile. 

SpurrierisisGod said:
This place, and definitely this thread, have taken a serious turn for the worse so I will gladly take the ban hammer if it comes...

Are you "highly functioning autistic" or borderline tarded?  Nothing you have said adds any value to any part of the discussion here.  There once was some pertinent information to be gleaned from this thread, but I can say that is no longer the case.

F the yoga pants but let this moron keep posting.  Good job joe.
Dial this way back. There are going to be a lot fewer people posting here if not. 

It hasn't been proven not to be and it's effective against everything else. It's a form of acetic acid which is what some hospitals use to clean so I trust that it's fine. 
Vinegar is one of the most amazing products there is. You can use it for so many things. Costco sells a 1.3 Gallon bottle of it and we always have a couple of bottles on hand. 

I'd also like to formally apologize to @shader and @icon

I still think this is a bit overblown and trust we will contain it but i have been constantly mocking in tone and that I apologize for. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism.

One thing is I definitely was never trolling or making up stories or stats. I have more important things to do in my life than that. 
All good.  Take care of your family.  I think the initial outlook for most people was that this wasn't going to be a big deal.  And that's a natural thing, because we've never experienced anything like this in our lifetime. But I'll also work on not being so testy when people come in expressing skepticism.  

I think there are going to be legitimate questions that people ask over the next weeks and months regarding their livelihood.  Yeah the coronavirus is bad, but is it so bad that everyone needs to suffer this much for it?  Because unfortunately this story has grown much, much bigger than just the actual virus.  It's now a story of the economy and the rapid change in the world

Last edited by a moderator:
belljr said:
I feel people are overreacting to be perfectly honest..

I'm not here to argue just stating how I feel. so you can save the arguments with all the numbers and all that I've already read all that stuff

ETA:  The news horrible reporting the virus is now "airborne" based on that one controlled study - doesnt help matters
That's cool, everyone is entitled to their opinions. At some point, and soon, it will no longer be a choice in order to contain this. This is my opinion just like yours that we are overreacting. It's seems pretty evident that overreacting is the best way to stop this from spreading. There are three case studies to look at, again this is my opinion. China, South Korea, Italy. One is an authoritarian state that has the ability to lock down a city of 11 million overnight for 3+ months. One has a populace of of responsible adults that strictly adhere to what the government put in place to fend off this virus and one has an older population that has skewed numbers higher but has also done a bad job at corralling it's populace and is now on a severe lock down.

We aren't China, we don't have a responsible citizenry so I'm kinda looking at a combo of Italy/SK, hedging more toward Italy right now. How well this plays out will be dependent on split second, hard decisions by town councils, mayors, governors and the 50 states. This will not get solved by Washington. If some of the measures are over the top I'm ok with it if stops this thing. You don't have to adhere to it, live your life. As I've been telling everyone, I hope to the heaven above you are right and I'm wrong. I'll happily eat crow on this.

DallasDMac said:
San Antonio pressing on with the Tejano Music Festival this weekend. Organizer's logic is "Well, we haven't had any public cases yet in SA!" So we're going to bring 100,000 people together and make sure we remedy that. This is how it begins in bigger cities. Stupidity is allowed to run amok. I'll miss you guys (ok, not really).
Seems irresponsible given what we know but people gonna people. If you go I kinda feel like it's on you (not you personally, but "you" as in the individual) if something happens. 

It hasn't been proven not to be and it's effective against everything else. It's a form of acetic acid which is what some hospitals use to clean so I trust that it's fine. 
I am not an expert on the subject, I was just sharing an article I happened to have read this morning.  I just wanted to put that out there for people to make their own decisions.

I am not an expert on the subject, I was just sharing an article I happened to have read this morning.  I just wanted to put that out there for people to make their own decisions.
Yeah for sure. I would just doubt that it's somehow how only not effective against this one virus. There just hasn't been enough time to test it and people don't normally use it for cleaning so it wouldn't get priority like Chlorox or Lysol. 

WFH, and have CNN on (I know, but I'm curious how they are fanning the flames).  In one of the most rediculous examples of irresponsible journalism I've seen lately, they have Charles Barkley on to expound on the risks and what people, players, and fans should do.  Makes sense.

El Floppo said:
Still can't find anything definitive saying I'm in the pre-existing condition realm (lungs) or not because of this. I don't have asthma (no shortness of breath or wheezing)- I have an asthmatic reactive cough.
For parent’s of kids with Asthma, just heard from my son’s pediatric pulmonologist that he spoke with a couple of colleagues in Italy. According to him, all reports are accurate that impact on kids are very mild. They have no idea why that is. He hasn’t gotten good information on if this virus has major impact on asthma but other Coronavirus do. 

Hope that gives some comfort to parent’s of kids with Asthma. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Doug B said:
Unreported cases? You found out via word of mouth?
Yes. Someone who works for the company, albeit a different local office 
Sorry to hear. Wasn't doubting, BTW ... we're getting word-of-mouth info as well. Just wanted to make the 'word-of-mouth' point to demonstrate to the house why transparency from leadership is so important and hiding info won't be possible.

WFH, and have CNN on (I know, but I'm curious how they are fanning the flames).  In one of the most rediculous examples of irresponsible journalism I've seen lately, they have Charles Barkley on to expound on the risks and what people, players, and fans should do.  Makes sense.
And is he off base?  If not and he’s actually providing sound advice, why would having a public face from the NBA providing that advice be irresponsible?

For parent’s of kids with Asthma, just heard from my son’s pediatric pulmonologist that he spoke with a couple of colleagues in Italy. According to him, all reports are accurate that impact on kids are very mild. They have no idea why that is. He hasn’t gotten good information on if this virus has major impact on asthma but other Coronavirus do. 

My son has VERY well controlled asthma. Takes QVAR once a day and rarely if ever needs his asthma pump but this is still comforting to hear.

It helps. But I too suffer from Asthma. Ugh.

The news on both sides is a joke. I am not trying to get political but I turn on CNN last night and I think Don Lemon was on and instead of talking about the Coronavirus or the impact of Trumps speech or the cancellation of the NBA he went on and on about the lies Trump just told. How is that helpful for anyone?

And is he off base?  If not and he’s actually providing sound advice, why would having a public face from the NBA providing that advice be irresponsible?
Because he's not an expert on virus transmission and him calling for the cancellation of the NCAA tournament isn't a responsible message to share.

The very next guest is Sanjay Gupta who is someone who should be providing that kind of insight or sound off on that issue.

This is great. I have tix for billy Eilish on Monday in Newark. I was not planning on going. But having arenas shut down reduces the blow back from a 13 year old girl. She can be angry at them and not me. 

Hope Prudential center follows Wells Fargo 
WFC is closing because Pistons players were there last night and they played Utah during incubation period

Leeroy Jenkins said:
I know the main symptoms are fever and “dry cough” but what does that mean and how often are you coughing?
"Dry cough" would be no accompanying "rattling" sound in the back of the throat. Little to no phlegm coughed up. No sniffly nose dripping into the back of the throat causing a post-nasal drip cough.

Cough from COVID (and some other illnesses) won't be a short coughing fit followed by ten minutes of silence, then a few more coughs, etc. It will be persistent "can't catch your breath" coughs with only infrequent interruptions. The "couple of quick coughs, then quiet" guy in the checkout line isn't generally a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread