What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (19 Viewers)

My favorites on social media today:

Facebook neighborhood page - mom declares that anyone who sends their kids back to school after spring break is negligent and should be reported to CPS.

Nextdoor - dude writes a thesis on the dangers of accepting UPS/Fedex/Amazon packages because the virus can survive on cardboard for days.

The tragic comedy epic marches on.

Dear Valued Customer, 

At this time when the news is dominated by Coronavirus, we wanted to let you know that we are vigilantly implementing enhanced protocols to ensure your safety.

We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control regarding the spread of the virus.  Our focus is to ensure we meet customer needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our communities safe.

Here’s what we’re doing

We enhanced the techniques used to clean our apparatuses after each party.  In particular, we are paying special attention to interior customer touch points such as chairs, benches, door handles and other hard surfaces.

We are also cleaning our facilities frequently with recommended sanitizing products.

In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our attendees.  This includes instructing attendees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers.   We are also urging all attendees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing.

Changing or cancelling your reservation

If you have an existing reservation, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure adult-play experience.  If you need to change a reservation, you can do so without incurring any change fees.

To party with complete flexibility, choose “Pay At Counter” when making a reservation on the website, and you may cancel or modify your reservation any time with no additional fees incurred.

Staying connected

During this challenging time, many people are choosing alternative adult-play solutions.  If you need a release, we are here for you.  For any inquiries, please email us at Pineapple469@hotmail.com.  Your safety is our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in our team and our company.

Party on, 

Capella's Dad

EaSt CoaSt OrgieS, inc. 

My theory is that it's better to be living near the crazy grocery stores because that means the general, non-FBG (read: "brilliant") population is taking this seriously. I don't see it a ton where I am. I'd rather be somewhere that is in a mild state of panic so it may spread less widely. 
Pro tip: it has spread long before the panic.

My favorites on social media today:

Facebook neighborhood page - mom declares that anyone who sends their kids back to school after spring break is negligent and should be reported to CPS.

Nextdoor - dude writes a thesis on the dangers of accepting UPS/Fedex/Amazon packages because the virus can survive on cardboard for days.

The tragic comedy epic marches on.
I've basically purged Facebook and the news.

Both Terrible 

Especially in times like these.

Funny part about this virus on fb

2 weeks ago someone would post flu comparisons and 200 likes and  37 people would comment how crazy the over reacting was.

Yesterday same guy posts similar sentiment...2 likes 1 comment. "Maybe this is serious "

I've basically purged Facebook and the news.

Both Terrible 

Especially in times like these.

Funny part about this virus on fb

2 weeks ago someone would post flu comparisons and 200 likes and  37 people would comment how crazy the over reacting was.

Yesterday same guy posts similar sentiment...2 likes 1 comment. "Maybe this is serious "
Fear is a powerful opponent to rational thought.  It appears fear is winning out over time.

Unfortunately, we are probably a few weeks away from lots of crime
That's where the #sightlines come into play ;)  

Jokes aside, living in Memphis... that's a very real concern. I live in of one of the nicer suburbs (Germantown) but like most places in memphis I'm a few miles from straight up "hood" with nightly shootings. If this gets bad there's little doubt folks will come hunting for what they need. If it gets to that point, that's when we'll slide over to my prepper buddy's big ol place in the old money neighborhood. 

Well, sons basketball canceled for this Sunday.   He was told by a teacher today to take home binders/tablet to make sure they have materials if school closes.  

Our Commitment to You

The health, safety and well-being of our co-workers, guests and communities are always our top priority. We are deeply committed to delivering on that promise. For 47 years our brand has specialized in serving our local communities across the country.  

Beginning in January, in consultation with national, state, and local health authorities, including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), we implemented additional preventive measures to maintain a clean and safe environment for our co-workers and our guests. 

We have established a task force to continue to closely monitor this dynamic situation and are fully prepared to adapt and modify should circumstances dictate on a restaurant by restaurant basis 

We are strictly enforcing our longstanding policy of requiring team members to stay home if they show or report any signs of illness

Sanitizing the surfaces of all key guest touch-points a minimum of every 30 minutes

Changing all serving utensils a minimum of every 30 minutes

Diligently following current cleaning procedures using approved and effective sanitizing products

Reinforcing stringent hand-washing practices requiring employees to wash their hands a minimum of every 20 minutes or between tasks

Making sure all hand sanitizer stations are stocked and operating properly, as well as adding additional sanitizing stations throughout the restaurant

It is important to remember that the coronavirus in not a foodborne illness. We are in constant communication with managers at all Golden Corral® restaurants across the country and have set up an internal website to provide them with updated information and other guidelines as the situation evolves.

We appreciate the trust and support of our loyal guests and we look forward to continuing to serve you in our company and franchised restaurants across the country.

Best regards,

Lance Trenary

President & CEO

Friends reporting target/Wlamart/costco are all bare and madhouse. I stopped in at CVS and Walgreens. Fully stocked 3 people inside. 

Picked up some general generaic meds, TP.. and hair gel
Yeah, I am hitting up local hardware store, dollar store next.  You know- places people try to avoid.  

Hard to fathom the economic % a city like Omaha is going to take...losing the CWS and 1/2nd round NCAA tourney games.

Or Tampa Bay, losing 1/2nd round tourney games, Spring Training, and potentially the PGA event.
Air show is canceled at MacDill. Grand Prix no general admission. Shows getting canceled left and right at all venues. Tampa is getting ready to hunker down.

Unfortunately, we are probably a few weeks away from lots of crime
Forget few weeks, looking at a car parked close by mine with a shattered window. Seems it's not the only one as we have received letters about a spike in crime here. I don't live in a high crime area. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My office is closed for the next month.  Will be WFH during that time.  Kids school closed next two weeks.

However, both are open tomorrow - does this make sense to anybody else?  If you think it should be closed shouldn’t you close immediately?
On the school not immediately closing, I get it in terms of giving parents a reasonable chance to have coverage.  In terms of public health, it is a little hypocritical. 

Ohio health official estimates 100,000 people in state have coronavirus

A top health official in Ohio estimated on Thursday that more than 100,000 people in the state have coronavirus, a shockingly high number that underscores the limited testing so far.

Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton said at a press conference alongside Gov. Mike DeWine (R) that given that the virus is spreading in the community in Ohio, she estimates at least 1 percent of the population in the state has the virus.

"We know now, just the fact of community spread, says that at least 1 percent, at the very least, 1 percent of our population is carrying this virus in Ohio today," Acton said. "We have 11.7 million people. So the math is over 100,000. So that just gives you a sense of how this virus spreads and is spreading quickly."

SF schools went from open if you want to send your kids to closed effective Mon.

4 firefighters here are infected. Sad for our healthcare and first responders who are getting infected as they try to help others.

Ohio health official estimates 100,000 people in state have coronavirus

A top health official in Ohio estimated on Thursday that more than 100,000 people in the state have coronavirus, a shockingly high number that underscores the limited testing so far.

Ohio Department of Health Director Amy Acton said at a press conference alongside Gov. Mike DeWine (R) that given that the virus is spreading in the community in Ohio, she estimates at least 1 percent of the population in the state has the virus.

"We know now, just the fact of community spread, says that at least 1 percent, at the very least, 1 percent of our population is carrying this virus in Ohio today," Acton said. "We have 11.7 million people. So the math is over 100,000. So that just gives you a sense of how this virus spreads and is spreading quickly."
She should be removed from her job for spreading fear like that.  

That actually makes sense - good point.
This is from our school superintendent:

As we have shared with you previously, Fayette County Public Schools has been preparing for this possibility. In order to ensure our supports are in place, we do need your child to attend school tomorrow. By being at school, they will receive another day of instruction, and come home with all the information they need about educational expectations while schools are out and how food will be disseminated throughout our community.

Closing K-12 schools seems like a bad decision to me.  Seeing as how kids are not actually at risk, this seems like more of a disruption than what we need right now.

My sense is that we're rapidly swinging from laughable under-reaction to Covid-19 to an unfortunate over-reaction to Covid-19.

At Capital One®, the health and well-being of our customers, associates, and communities is our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our customers and associates as the situation evolves.

We strongly encourage you to use Capital One’s digital tools and other resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access. You can access your accounts online or by using the Capital One Mobile app at your convenience. From there, you can make payments, view transactions, check balances, find an ATM and more. It’s easier and faster (in most cases) to manage your account digitally, especially given call wait times may be longer than usual.

If you haven’t enrolled in online access, it only takes a few minutes. Enroll now.

We also understand that there may be instances where customers find themselves facing financial difficulties. Capital One is here to help and we encourage customers who may be impacted to reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance.

Should you find yourself in need of assistance, please contact us.

As always, the health, safety and well-being of our customers, our associates and our communities is of paramount concern. We continue to monitor this quickly evolving situation and are here to assist our customers as needed.

Please visit capitalone.com/coronavirus as the situation evolves for the latest updates.

For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov.

She should be removed from her job for spreading fear like that.  
I could see if she gave a range. I understand with the incubation period there is no way to know exactly how many are infected at any given time. If she had said 20,000 to 100,000 or qualified it as up to 100,000. 

Or maybe her quote was taken out of context as article says estimate but direct quote says knows.

This may have been covered already but I didn't see it.

Any ideas what will happen when outings and trips are already paid for? For example, we have tickets to an out of town show that most likely is going to get cancelled. We already booked and paid for the hotel. Do we get ticket money back? Hotel money back? Are we forced to stay in a hotel where everyplace else in town is closed or quarantined?

Similarly, some of the family was supposed to fly to Europe. Flights, hotels, outings are already paid for. If the government(s) say no dice, are the airlines, hotels, and tour companies obligated to refund your money . . . seeing how people would not be allowed to participate?
I had a non refundable flight credited back 100% for future travel and my non refundable hotel in Amsterdam was refunded by Booking.com even though it was a prepaid, non refundable reservation.  

Closing K-12 schools seems like a bad decision to me.  Seeing as how kids are not actually at risk, this seems like more of a disruption than what we need right now.

My sense is that we're rapidly swinging from laughable under-reaction to Covid-19 to an unfortunate over-reaction to Covid-19.
You might be right, til 1 kid gets it and 57 Karen's are screaming about how irresponsible the school district was.

You aren't wrong but you do understand that lots of people don't keep much of a supply of goods in their homes, right?  Also, some of those folks do that because they live paycheck to paycheck - if they are lucky enough to have enough money to get some supplies it's not surprising they will.  For those of us who are fortunate enough to have plenty of money we can get some extra supplies to ensure we don't have to go out and expose ourselves.  I do think it's a little much to have months worth.
You do know that the people who are living week to week are the ones most likely to get shut out of needed goods like toilet paper right? 

They usually have like most a supply that would last them a week or two. They are not running out to Costco and Target and buying 48 rolls at a time.  This impacts the people who can`t stockpile good the most.  My neighbor who it is just her and her husband said she bought 60 rolls of toilet paper and 60 paper towels.  I asked why and she said "I don`t know everybody was buying it so I went to 3 stores and loaded up"  Of course she has the time and money to do so.  Many other do not.

I get that point -while kids are not at risk, they can/will be carriers - and that impacts staff, families, grand parents, etc, and generally accelerates community spread.

So a few days ago, someone linked the Joe Rogan show with Michael Osterholm.  His opinion were that kids don't seem to spread this all that well (no idea if that's true) and that closing schools could do more harm than good (especially when hospitals need all hands on deck for nurses.)

I have no idea but its an interesting point.

I get that point -while kids are not at risk, they can/will be carriers - and that impacts staff, families, grand parents, etc, and generally accelerates community spread.
No, I get that.  But they're going to be carriers even if we close the schools (they'll still hang out), and we mess up family work/life arrangements.  This just seems like a bad tradeoff.

For the record, my youngest kid is a HS senior so what do I care.

I could see if she gave a range. I understand with the incubation period there is no way to know exactly how many are infected at any given time. If she had said 20,000 to 100,000 or qualified it as up to 100,000. 

Or maybe her quote was taken out of context as article says estimate but direct quote says knows.
That's true, I shouldn't read headlines in this day and age.  But 100,000 for ONE STATE (much less Ohio) is a ridiculous number that cannot equate to reality, based on what we know from every other country on the planet.

On the second part - I kind of hope that is the impression in 3 weeks.

I hope that we expect a tsunami, but end up with a couple of choppy waves.  I think that will happen if the social distancing works, and we slow the spread down so this looks more like a typical flu season.  We may feel foolish - but it may also be that drastic actions prevented a more severe outcome.  We may never know, but I'll take the results of a mild epidemic.

(Just as an aside, our school district shut down for two days earlier this year for the flu...)

A right-wing populist politician in Spain shook over 1,000 hands at a political event, after traveling to Lombardy.

>>On 10 March 2020, during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, Vox confirmed that Ortega Smith had tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.[21] Ortega Smith, who had travelled to Lombardy in February,[22] showed symptoms similar to those of the Coronavirus two days before during a party convention celebrated at Vistalegre attended by 9,000 party sympathizers, where he visibly hugged, shook hands and kissed plenty of people.[23][24] On 7 March he had also reportedly greeted the 1,100 guests to a dinner in Jaén one by one.<<

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Ortega_Smith

:lol:  

We have a 8th and 10th grader - we let them get momentarily excited about the closure before we disclosed the long list of spring cleaning items they will have to get done over the break...

We will also limit their in-person exposure to friends - certainly some, but in much smaller groups and time frames.

Charles Barkley suspected positive, awaiting test results.

The way you know this thing is spreading like crazy is every famous person that gets tested is positive.

No, I get that.  But they're going to be carriers even if we close the schools (they'll still hang out), and we mess up family work/life arrangements.  This just seems like a bad tradeoff.

But they'll hang out with a few other kids at someone's house, not 30 at a time like in a classroom or a couple hundred kids at lunch. 

Users who are viewing this thread