Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Big League Chew

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

32 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

75 minutes and counting on the phone waiting to get my flight credited or refunded from Delta. 

I think my wife spent like 90 minutes on with Jet Blue - considering it's Jet Blue she may be happy that she finally got an answer.

Just had random thought that we might heading for another baby boom in about 9 months.

• Laughing 1

Just now, proteus126 said:

Herd immunity, in the end.  Once half the population has antibodies the virus has a hard time spreading.

Early and mass testing, with immediate quarantine, could stop it.  We have yet to get traction on that.  Progress will be made.

Well it depends on how many people get it.  South Korea and China stopped this virus before it had a chance to take over.  But there is no herd immunity now, as in the end, only a fraction of their population got it.

I have a trip to Santa Barbara planned end of April / first of May... I'd be driving but a lot of folks that are going (it's a fraternity reunion thing) would be flying.  I suspect it's getting canceled or rescheduled.  Glad I booked refundable room!

53 minutes ago, shuke said:

Costco at 10:30 this morning more crowded than I’ve ever seen it. 
which probably means I caught the virus.  

On Saturday they had employees wiping down every cart before people took them inside   Today, there aren’t even wipes out there   

That's going to the irony of this crap - people flooding out to prepare for being at home, but 100s of people jammed in a store and lines together.    I am glad I did a little before, and it's not as cheap as Costco, but if the option is still available I might go this midnight shopping route again to avoid as many people.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I cancelled mine online - not a possibility for yours?

I had minor on my ticket order, which for whatever reason makes it a manual process as they have to cancel the adult at the exact same time.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

Low likelihood, but may be worthwhile to be tested for public health contact tracing. Is drive through testing available in your area?

Let me check to see if I'm in Korea.

Nope

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, culdeus said:

Was asked specifically to not come in by my GP yesterday.   Though they didn't say, they wouldn't see me they requested not to.  It was odd. 

There are a lot of considerations here. Basically you have a potential exposure, but are getting better while effectively on self quarantine. Does the office even have access to COVID testing?

What would you like your doctor to do? What do you expect they can provide that will change your current self management?

Edited by Terminalxylem

1 minute ago, culdeus said:

Nope

That’s very clever, but other places have such testing. It’s available in HI, for instance.

Duke pulls itself out of the Tourney 

1 minute ago, Terminalxylem said:

There are a lot of considerations here. Basically you have a potential exposure, but are getting better while effectively on self quarantine. Does the office even have access to COVID testing?

What would you like you doctor to do? What do you expect they can provide that will change your current self management?

Well like I said earlier, but there are 100 more pages, they had me set to get a FluA/B screening done.  The receptioninst at the time said if those came back negative they would push the sample in for a COV test.  In the morning the NP called and said if fever was <103 don't come in for any screening and just stay at home and wait for >103 or get better.  

They were very careful to say that they were not preventing me from coming in and I was welcome to do that to push for FluA/B, but they couldn't give me a COV test in any situation, if that was what I was ultimately going to demand.   

6 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Nope

Drive through testing is here in Denver but you have to have Dr.'s orders.

2 minutes ago, [icon] said:

:Dominoesfallinggif:

4 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

What would you like your doctor to do? What do you expect they can provide that will change your current self management?

I'm fine, but I'm going to be pissed if I got more people sick than was going to happen regardless.

29 minutes ago, shader said:

Italy definitely blew up today, but I think we all knew that would keep happening.  They are really our eyes and ears for what the next few weeks are going to be like.  They are on lockdown, their cases are exponentially rising, but the lockdown should start to have an impact soon.  How much of an impact it will have is crucial.  I'd predict we have 1-2 more days of explosive growth, then the numbers will begin to level off, but who really knows.

Disagree.  Daily podcast this morning detailed how lockdown has only modest impact as the virus spreads within the family.  They need to isolate the infected immediately or it will be a LONG time before the virus runs out of uninfected to jump to.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Morton Muffley said:

Disagree.  Daily podcast this morning detailed how lockdown has only modest impact as the virus spreads within the family.  They need to isolate the infected immediately or it will be a LONG time before the virus runs out of uninfected to jump to.

Exactly.

6 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Clever way to avoid getting upset by South Mouintain Tech

• Like 3
  • Laughing 5

1 hour ago, [icon] said:

Cmon GB, this is what we were trying to avoid by stocking up! Need steady shuke video diary updates while on lockdown. 

I've been trying to stock up buy my last two visits to Costco I came up empty handed on TP.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, [icon] said:

so if they postpone it for 4 weeks, is Duke gonna re-invite itself

Jesse McKinley@jessemckinley

BREAKING:

@NYGovCuomo announces immediate closing of Broadway, the city's largest tourist industry.

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

Clever way to avoid getting upset by South Mouintain Tech

Whoever pulls out last is your 2020 NCAA champions!  Go Zags!

1 minute ago, Morton Muffley said:

infected don't know they are infected for at least a week.  Lockdown will stop the spread of infection but it will take at least a week, maybe 2 for the impact to be seen in the numbers.  it's detailed in this article.

• Like 1

I'll start going back to church if they dont cancel March Madness.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

I'd want to know if I have it so I'm extra cautious not to spread it. Plus it would be nice to know that I have it, it's manageable, and I don't have to worry about getting it again probably moving forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoresman said:

Joe Lunardi in one week: "OK, so with these most recent voluntary withdrawals, I am forecasting "Jimmy's Jumpshootin' Jabronis" from the Philadelphia YMCA's Intramural program as a 10 seed in the Midwest. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, culdeus said:

Well like I said earlier, but there are 100 more pages, they had me set to get a FluA/B screening done.  The receptioninst at the time said if those came back negative they would push the sample in for a COV test.  In the morning the NP called and said if fever was <103 don't come in for any screening and just stay at home and wait for >103 or get better.  

They were very careful to say that they were not preventing me from coming in and I was welcome to do that to push for FluA/B, but they couldn't give me a COV test in any situation, if that was what I was ultimately going to demand.   

Right, they are following CDC guidelines for prioritized testing. Those are a moving target, but I wouldn’t hold my breath that otherwise healthy, younger people recovering from respiratory illness on self quarantine will have access to the tests anytime soon. And no, you shouldn’t demand C-19 testing under your current circumstances.

As an aside, the fever threshold should have been >100.3, NOT 103 - either the nurse misspoke or you misunderstood him/er.

Posted (edited)

[Previously posted a tweet from a Globe and Mail Health reporter that Bolsonaro tested positive for coronavirus. Reporter has since deleted the tweet.]

Edited by Don Quixote
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I cancelled mine online - not a possibility for yours?

Nope.  Tried and got error message.  my flight was non-refundable.  Just got off the phone. Full credit to use towards future flights.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Scoresman said:

Congrats gb GM!

Eta:oops read that as least. 

Edited by parasaurolophus
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 5

In Wamart now. Not crowded at all and everything is in stock. What sucks are the employees who come into the isles coughing and sneezing away.

8 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I'm fine, but I'm going to be pissed if I got more people sick than was going to happen regardless.

You’ll likely never know, and should take some solace in doing the right thing by staying home as your symptoms abate.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Jesse McKinley@jessemckinley

BREAKING:

@NYGovCuomo announces immediate closing of Broadway, the city's largest tourist industry.

Heard that was likely

Still had yoga class today!

ETA: I mean so I’ve heard

Edited by BobbyLayne

Just now, CurlyNight said:

In Wamart now. Not crowded at all and everything is in stock. What sucks are the employees who come into the isles coughing and sneezing away.

Hebrides?  Azores?

🏄‍♂️

17 minutes ago, [icon] said:

[insert unapproved joke here]

• Like 1

Anyone answer about whether going to the gym was good or bad idea?

4 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Andrea Woo | 鄔瑞楓
@AndreaWoo
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who called the #COVID19 pandemic a "fantasy," has reportedly tested positive for the virus.

Dear Mr. Fantasy, play us a tune.

18 minutes ago, [icon] said:

15 minutes ago, NotSmart said:

:Dominoesfallinggif:

Yup, it's gonna be cancelled or postponed.  Sheesh.  

1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Reading the actual certificate booklet of one of my STD groups (covered by a very large and well known insurance company).  There is a section about a "quarantine benefit rider".  "We pay a benefit if you" are not disabled; and are quarantined due to an infections and contagious disease."

You have to be suspected of having the disease or having been exposed to it by a doctor, you must be ordered by a doctor to serve under quarantine, and provide proof.  Also talks about being "placed in enforded isolation as ordered by either the US Secretary of Health and Human Services or the CDC. 

That’s a fortunate (considering the current situation) non-standard rider. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shuke said:

Anyone answer about whether going to the gym was good or bad idea?

I've got to believe it's a bad idea. The exception would be if you're willing to wear a mask while there, if for no other reason than to remind yourself not to touch your face. Social pressure will likely keep most people home from the gym before wearing a mask in one.

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Dear Mr. Fantasy, play us a tune.

Seeing conflicting reports on whether or not this is true.... may be prudent to delete. For now.

9 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

Andrea Woo | 鄔瑞楓
@AndreaWoo
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who called the #COVID19 pandemic a "fantasy," has reportedly tested positive for the virus.

Trump probably next. Met on March 7. 5-6 day incubation period means symptoms start soon.

2 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

This might get lost in all of this, but if anyone here is a medical professional in a hospital, my church is putting together a response team to send care packages to the local hospital for the staff and nurses specifically who are going to be overwhelmed if they aren't already.  I'm thinking that just a bunch of junk food and snacks is the usual go to, but I'm wondering if there are other little things we can give them to help them get through long hours of crisis and stress?  Any input?

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Elderberry lozenges or chewables.

This is a fantastic idea Yankee.  Going to steal it for my church for our local hospital, regardless of whether or not we get hit hard with the virus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am at the High School state basketball touney here in Kansas. We play in semifinals tomorrow night. As of now everything is still a go. girls games tonight. I did hear that over in Missouri they have limited each school a 150 maximum of fans allowed in stadium.

Just now, tuffnutt said:

I am at the High School state basketball touney here in Kansas. We play in semifinals tomorrow night. As of now everything is still a go. girls games tonight. I did hear that over in Missouri they have limited each school a 150 maximum of fans allowed in stadium.

Ohio suspended all Winter High School tournaments.

1 hour ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Can't remember the bet and which poster it was.  But the guy was giving @Mr. Ham a ton of #### about his take on this and his prepping and all.

He laughed Ham right off the board if I remember correctly.

IIRC, it was OTIS, and he never agreed to Ham’s bet.

Just now, bcat01 said:

Ohio suspended all Winter High School tournaments.

wow

5 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I've got to believe it's a bad idea. The exception would be if you're willing to wear a mask while there, if for no other reason than to remind yourself not to touch your face. Social pressure will likely keep most people home from the gym before wearing a mask in one.

I'm gonna wear this to hot yoga tonight.

https://li0.rightinthebox.com/images/384x384/201908/porr1566289833013.jpg

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Gov. Murphy just issued a notice that New Jersey is recommending the immediate cancellation of every gathering of more than 250 people in the state.