What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (7 Viewers)

One good thing about this whole thing is that it is exposing all the relic, boomers stuck in the stone age for their outdated, archaic beliefs about people working from home.  Apparently one manager here is holding the process up because they personally don't believe in it.  Give me a ####### break.  So at risk people are currently taking public transportation to be here when they could easily be doing their work remotely.  There's about to be a mutiny.  Sorry, I'm pissed.
Why do "they" always want to force their mindset on others?

He can still show up.

Seems pretty irresponsible IMO. I'd try to find a workout routine you can do at home.
The GF went to Sams earlier. Took an hour to check out. She had to wait 15 minutes to get her ID checked for wine, and the necks behind her were yelling and cursing at her. Left near tears, she says. :lol:

People that test positive will take care not to infect others.  People that test negative will be able to resume more regular activities.  Right now we're acting as if everyone is potentially positive.
You test positive in China you’re immediately quarantined if I understand it correctly. Immediately. No questions asked 

If you test positive here you’re likely to be sent home to “self quarantine”if I’m understanding correctly 

We”re in big trouble I’m afraid 

You test positive in China you’re immediately quarantined if I understand it correctly. Immediately. No questions asked 

If you test positive here you’re likely to be sent home to “self quarantine”if I’m understanding correctly 

"I will self quarantine in florida after i fly down there. "

True story. 

Not me of course. 

Unless martial law is declared.

The only smart strategy to take.  

What is accomplished by testing right now?

Congrats! You have COVID.  OK, go home and take care of yourself.  Oh, and here is a bill for $2400 that your insurance may or may not help with.
It’s the difference between fighting something in the dark or fighting when you can see.
Thank you. The rationale for wide testing of the populace is kind of self-evident. Is "why test?" a talking point somewhere or something? 

France, Germany, Spain. Ungood.

Don't trust the Iranian numbers, I suspect they are under reporting or under testing or both
Iran is digging mass graves.  Tells you all you need to know about their numbers.  I would think they are much worse than Italy.  

Interesting perspective from Italy (copy/paste from Reddit😞

I'm a researcher in Lombardia (the first and most affected region of the country) so I can give a clearer perspective on the situation.

Population density

First of all many people here talk about population density in Italy being higher than in the USA: This is true but misleading, as Italy's population is much evenly spread than in the US making the effective density in US cities much more dangerous for the citizens and the more rural areas much safer. Moreover, the epicenter of the outbreak is not the city of Milano, which has a high population density, but the city of Bergamo that has a population density of ~400ppl/km2. Besides, the start of the outbreak was found in a couple of smaller cites with a low-density population and with sparse connections between citizens. All of this means that low population density will not protect the US from a quadratic growth of the cases and you should not take it so easy.

Government Response

Another argument that is seeing a lot is about how Italy reacted poorly to the emergency and other countries will not make the same error. This is FALSE: Italy was caught by surprise by the virus due to being the first European nation strongly affected by it, however, the government reacted incredibly well after the first week and the measures are taken are very strong and hardly being taken into consideration by other nations. To make you understand: In Lombardia:

- Universities and schools closed three weeks ago

- The whole region was declared a yellow zone with strong restrictions on gatherings and activities** two weeks ago**

- Also two weeks ago the most affected villages were declared red zones with no people going in or out for two weeks

- The entire Lombardia was declared red zone this week, shortly followed by the whole country

- Any public event is suspended (**soccer included**)

- No Pub, Bar, gym or public-facing business (except essential ones) are open

- People are not allowed to go outside without certification with valid motivation.

- The police are patrolling the street fining everyone without a real necessity to go outside

If according to this graph the US is where Italy was 11 days ago with the number of cases then the US government's response is much more weak and indecisive than in Italy's.

Medical system

The most important difference between the US and Italy in this emergency is their medical system. Italy is often portrayed as a disorganized country, but the Italian medical system is one of the best in the world and the median age of the population can vouch for that. In Italy any health procedure is free and there is a wide network of physicians that are available to the general population for any necessity. This along with mandatory sick leave made people get tested and stay at home in the presence of any symptom of the virus. The top tier medical system is being expanded at incredible speed, with the help of one of the few companies in the world producing high-quality ventilators suitable to treat the sick. In the US the absence of medical leave couple with the high cost of medical care and absence of testing will make the situation much worse for the citizens.

I encourage any reader to not take this emergency lightly, the markets have already proven that they aren't and will not go back to normal until nations will take the necessary measures to face this crisis. I believe that Italy, South Corea and many other countries that had a strong response to this crisis will at the end of this be rewarded for their sacrifice and if the US doesn't follow suit it wil be on the right trajectory to be overthrown by china on the global landscape.

Sounds simple, doesn’t it?  People are not used to having their freedom curtailed.  In Jan and early Feb, many people in Wuhan complained about how hard it was to stop their parents from venturing out to socialize (i.e. infect 4 families by playing mahjong everyday) before the government implemented stricter lockdowns. Hopefully older folks in other countries understand the risks much better now because Italy is much more transparent.
THIS  was what exploded it, lest we forget 

Gym manager guy here. Wichita area. Shutting it down tomorrow or Saturday. Amazingly low amount of questions/concerns so far. But the fact we’re closing down is inevitable in my mind and we want what’s best for our staff and customers. Better to close voluntarily than a quarantined situation. Keep the ball in my court so to speak. Want to keep admin/full time staff around to manage. Plan to pay hourly/part time as long as we can. We are much like a ymca so pissing away a lot of spring program revenue but it’s happening regardless. Rather be on the front end than too late. That’s what reserves are for. Million decisions to make. 100+ ft/pt employees. Keep the pool running or shut it down and avoid utilities? We still gotta mow the ballfields and facilities. How do you figure what you’re paying variable hour part time employees? Accounting remotely. In the middle of a remodel project. They didn’t teach this class in college. Stress. Stress. Hang in there errybody. Thank you guys. This place is a major resource for me. Love. 
After communication with our Board, the School District, the City and the County Health Dpt Director we are going to remain open through the weekend. No documented cases in Sedgwick (home of Wichita) County or evidence of community spread. Apparently they are treating an out of county person testing positive at the hospital. Have Board meeting first thing Monday where we will make a decision or ask the Board to give permission to suspend operations at our discression. Practices for spring sports start next week. Schools have spring break so their hands aren't being forced just yet. Guess where all those kids will go? Straight to our rec centers/gym. I really want to be out front rather than behind. i'd pull the trigger tonight after close if it was solely up to me.  Had a career day type presentation at the school today. They were in session for a half day before spring break. Busses were flowing but the school was spooky quiet. I'd be shocked if a quarter of the kids were there today. 

A message from our CEO

At Crocs, we believe everyone should be comfortable in their own shoes, which is more important than ever as the Coronavirus has become a growing concern around the world. 

I want you to know that your health and safety is our first priority. 

We’re taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. Our stores and product handling facilities are regularly cleaned, and more time is being spent to make sure our stores and our products are cleaned throughout each day, ensuring that you can remain confident in purchasing your favorite Crocs styles. 

In addition to these precautionary measures, we’ve also added more resources to support online orders and home delivery. 

We’re committed to making sure our Crocs employees and associates are being taken care of during this challenging time. From the beginning, we’ve provided our valued colleagues the proper guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe. We’ve encouraged our team members to observe CDC guidelines to ensure their health and safety, and have asked our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. We’ve also set up regular communication to share up-to-date information as needed. 

Thank you for continuing to support our brand and our amazingly comfortable, easy-to-clean products. We appreciate your patience and compassion toward the amazing Crocs employees committed to helping you be comfortable in your own shoes. 

Appreciatively, 

Andrew Rees
President, Chief Executive Officer
Crocs

Papa John’s Commitment to Supporting Our Communities

As we all continue to navigate the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we want you to know that we are doing everything that we can to protect the wellbeing of our Papa John’s team members, all of our customers and everyone in the communities that we serve. We anticipate that many of our customers will be staying home more often over the coming weeks and we are committed to serving and supporting our communities by delivering safe, high-quality food directly to your homes.

Our health and safety measures to deliver BETTER INGREDIENTS. BETTER PIZZA. have always been at the heart of what we do every day. Each of our restaurants follows the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness and food safety in the industry. Given recent developments, we are taking additional active measures to deliver food to your home safely.

Food Delivered Safely to Your Home
Taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we have implemented additional measures in our corporate restaurants, in addition to the everyday steps we already have in place, to ensure that our restaurants uphold rigorous food and safety standards. It is important to note that no public health authority has advised of any concern that this illness can be transmitted, or has been known to be transmitted, via food or drink. That being said, all of our food is always cooked at a temperature above 450 degrees. In addition, our policy is that the food that comes out of our ovens is not to ever be touched by our restaurant team members or delivery drivers.

Additional Sanitation Procedures in Our Restaurants
In the spirit of extra precaution, we have significantly increased our already thorough cleaning and sanitation procedures for all of our restaurants. We are equipping our delivery drivers with sanitation kits for use before, during, after, and in-between deliveries. Team members who are feeling or exhibiting any illness symptoms are required to stay home, or, if already at the restaurant, will be sent home immediately.

Supporting our Communities
We are here to support our communities by delivering quality food to your doorstep whenever you need us. We will continue to deliver a safe, high-quality meal to you as we all continue to monitor the coronavirus situation very closely. We are also committed to supporting those working tirelessly to help all of us get through these uncertain times.

As always, the safety of our team members, customers and communities is absolutely our #1 priority.

Thank you, and best wishes,

Rob Lynch
Papa John’s CEO and President

Also got one from Hungry Howies, looks like it’s in picture format so I can’t copy paste but they said that they are telling drivers not to be offended if you ask them to set the pizza down and step away

if you havnt been to the store id say go now before 3pm est
Wife just went to Sam's in Pineville, NC for God only knows what, paper towels/TP/disinfectants all gone. Another Sam's in Rock Hill, SC same situation.

Governor of South Carolina, Henry McMaster to declare state of emergency for South Carolina, close Lancaster and Kershaw schools.

Went to my local Kroger around 11:30, it was pretty crazy

produce was well stocked, chicken and ground beef nearly wiped out 

pasta almost wiped out 

TP forget it 

milk was pretty wiped out as well

total NYC confirmed coronavirus cases: 

• 3/5 - 2 
  • 3/6 - 5
  • 3/7 - 11
  • 3/8 - 12
  • 3/9 - 19
  • 3/10 - 36
  • 3/11 - 52
  • 3/12 - 95
  • 3/13 - 154

Crime is about to increase a ton. You wont know until it hits you since there wont be any data reporting on it, but i have seen how bad crime gets when criminals arent actively pursued. 

It sucks. Once a week we got vandalized or burglarized. Police wouldnt even come and we were 1.24 miles from the police station. 

I don't want to predict what will happen.  But for the record, when the #### has hit the fan in NYC the last two decades, New Yorkers have taken care of their neighbors.  NYC, with all it's problems, is awesome and full of good people of all stripes.  So maybe let's back up on the hate to NYC. 
gimme a ####### break, nick ... no one is hating the ####### City, i've been here my entire life - flop mentioned in another thread that he had MD. as an option, so whooooop de ####### doooo if it might be better. 

"hate" the City? gtfo with that ####. 

btw, if you haven't noticed the downturn under DiBlas, then i dunno what to say otherwise.  

Users who are viewing this thread