What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (21 Viewers)

Crime is about to increase a ton. You wont know until it hits you since there wont be any data reporting on it, but i have seen how bad crime gets when criminals arent actively pursued. 

It sucks. Once a week we got vandalized or burglarized. Police wouldnt even come and we were 1.24 miles from the police station. 
oh. You linked an article about trials being delayed (folks already charged with crimes) and misdemeanor offenses not going through the formal "booking" procedure but being charged with crimes nonetheless. 

I was curious what that article had to do with crime prevention. I think the answer is "nothing."

gimme a ####### break, nick ... no one is hating the ####### City, i've been here my entire life - flop mentioned in another thread that he had MD. as an option, so whooooop de ####### doooo if it might be better. 

"hate" the City? gtfo with that ####. 

btw, if you haven't noticed the downturn under DiBlas, then i dunno what to say otherwise.  
Too close to the bone?  Not directed at you GB.  Best of luck.  

oh. You linked an article about trials being delayed (folks already charged with crimes) and misdemeanor offenses not going through the formal "booking" procedure but being charged with crimes nonetheless. 

I was curious what that article had to do with crime prevention. I think the answer is "nothing."
What do you think happens next smart guy? 

From our public middle school here in NYC:

We are in an hour-to-hour information cycle. Please know that we are doing our best to communicate specifics about school closings, on-line learning, and general updates from the DOE as soon as we receive them. As the Chancellor stated this morning, the NYCDOE is the largest school district in the US and we have challenges that surpass many of the private and charter schools which other children may attend.  Approximately 100,000 of NYCDOE students are in temporary housing and need the medical and food services that the DOE provides. As part of this school system, we are not autonomous. We are required to wait for directives and authorizations that come directly from central DOE. 

As of 9:00am, we were informed by the DOE that public schools will remain open unless there are confirmed cases of COVID19 in individual buildings.  In the event that our school closes, it will be for a minimum 24 hour cleaning period. In the event that the school is closed, we will notify families as soon as school is ready to reopen.

A) finally, a real national response.  Better late than never.

B) followed by an all-you-can-eat helping of horse#### about the reasons for the delay.

Mr. krista, the head chef at a restaurant in the Seattle suburbs, just got back from a meeting with the owner and the bar manager.  Owner asked them what they thought he should do.  Owner has taken no steps in reaction to this, and despite suggestions from these guys, didn't make a decision to do anything differently or have in place any plan.  This is because the restaurant's business has still been going like gangbusters all week.  So he doesn't seem to see a moral imperative to plan while business is still good.  So frustrating.

Meanwhile my employer has told all 70,000 of its employees to WFH if they can.  (I already do.)
I tell ya, restaurant business could be fantastic for take out and delivery. Minimal staff, title to no public interaction.

New York state reports it will be doing 6000/day going forward.  So things are breaking loose on the testing front.  The scary thing will probably be just how many positives there really are.  I'd expect every state will dial testing up to 11 as the first results come in.

What sucks is I got all the food we could possibly need to ride this out weeks ago, but it never fails I get a craving for something I didn’t buy. 

I just am dying for a bowl of Fruit Loops. Is it worth wading into the masses of people for? I am going back and forth on it 

@rogbennett

Very reassuring having Walmart and Target speak directly to America. If Colonel Sanders could address us I think my anxiety will be truly calmed
Eh.  I'm glad they're involved and willing to help.  Walmart and Costco and Target own their entire supply chain and have the money to front gazillions in inventory.  Don't even care they're getting free ad space in the Rose Garden.  Desperate times...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really feel bad for all these businesses and business owners. Let's hope we contain this thing and get back into the swing of things this summer. I will say that after this is over, there will be a LOT of pent up $$$ ready to flow back into the economy.

Selfish me:

Norwegian cancelled our upcoming (March 20th) cruise, and is offering a plain old refund or credit of 125% of our initial purchase. Not sure if we take the money or use that credit for a later trip.

What sucks is I got all the food we could possibly need to ride this out weeks ago, but it never fails I get a craving for something I didn’t buy. 

I just am dying for a bowl of Fruit Loops. Is it worth wading into the masses of people for? I am going back and forth on it 
Fruit Loops aren't worth that without coronavirus

RI schools closed for 1 week, starting next week, noted as "moving April vacation" to next week. Doubt they'll be back after only 1 week. 

About an hour ago I received email from the principle at my oldest's school (6th grade) that they had an adult in the building that was informed the event they attended on Tuesday had a possible exposure. They found this out last night, after said adult spent Wed/Thur at the school. Isolation, here we come!

I really feel bad for all these businesses and business owners. Let's hope we contain this thing and get back into the swing of things this summer. I will say that after this is over, there will be a LOT of pent up $$$ ready to flow back into the economy.

Selfish me:

Norwegian cancelled our upcoming (March 20th) cruise, and is offering a plain old refund or credit of 125% of our initial purchase. Not sure if we take the money or use that credit for a later trip.
You should ask @Otis or @Scoresman for truly unbiased views

Fruit Loops aren't worth that without coronavirus
Don't listen to the commie.

Re: fruit loops- if not now, who. If not you, why?

Users who are viewing this thread