What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (10 Viewers)

My story why I don't think Americans are taking this serious yet. I've already shared about my SIL thinking mosquitos kill more people than does annually (no concept of that won't be the case in a week). 

My GF and I were supposed to go to D.C. yesterday (live in Columbus, OH) for a Wings vs Caps game, and then other things planned for the weekend. Wednesday night the NBA started the dominos. So I followed all the news reports, and clearly saw the NHL was going to suspend the season, and most likely our other event would be cancelled as well. I made the decision around midnight Wednesday to cancel the trip. I was called selfish for cancelling it. Tried to tell her there would be many many more trips in our future, we don't need to be heros right now. Didn't matter. I was wrong and selfish, plus, the games weren't cancelled yet, so I suck!

Next day, NHL suspended, other event suspended. I was still wrong in her view. Now, she asked me to go downtown on st Patrick's day to party since we couldn't do our planned D.C. trip.  If anyone has been downtown Columbus for St Patrick's day, it's SLAMMED. Explained to her that we can just go get drunk in 3 weeks when this has been figured out, why do we need to risk it (for us, want to stress, for us) for a made up holiday? Again, I'm wrong and selfish. So yeah, outside of our FBG bubble, I don't think people care yet. 

TL:DR - sleep with her sister? Sleep with her mom? Hide hand sanitizer? Hide TP?

Stay safe everyone. 
None of those, get rid of her, she sounds like an idiot. 

Why......why do you keep going back to Costco?
It's an addiction!

But seriously,
Saturday: this was just a normal trip.  Wasn't in prepping mode yet.
Tuesday: swung by at lunch time (it is about 5 minutes from where I work).  They were out of TP on Saturday so I was hoping to grab some.  Still out.  Grabbed some other things while I was there.
Thursday: went specifically to get TP, then went into preppping mode and filled my cart
Friday: since I went to Costo Thursday again at during my work day, I didn't buy anything frozen/refrigerated.  But after my Kroger trip on Thursday night left me without a number of things we needed, such as cheese, butter, eggs, I went to Costco to get this stuff.

A los padres\tutores legales de NEISD,  

Como lo habíamos prometido, North East ISD quiere asegurarse de mantenerlos al tanto de las últimas noticias concernientes al coronavirus (COVID-19) y el impacto a nuestro Distrito.

Basándonos en la continua propagación del COVID-19 y en la prohibición de las reuniones de 500 personas del alcalde de San Antonio, todas las escuelas de NEISD, así mismo como otras escuelas del área, permanecerán cerradas del 16-20 de marzo del 2020. Todos los eventos escolares y prácticas también han sido canceladas.

El distrito está finalizando las opciones de aprendizaje a distancia para los estudiantes aquí puede encontrar más información al respecto neisd.net/criticalupdates. Además, nuestro departamento de Nutrición Escolar informará los procedimientos a seguir para la distribución de alimentos correspondiente para las necesidades nutricionales de los niños mientras que la escuela se encuentre cerrada.

La Agencia de Educación de Texas (TEA por sus siglas en inglés) continúa trabajando con la oficina del gobernador, El Departamento de Servicios de Salud de Texas (DSHS por sus siglas en inglés) y la Comisión del Manejo de emergencias de Texas (TDEM por sus siglas en inglés) para coordinar el plan de acción del estado en respuesta al COVID-19.

Esta no fue una decisión fácil de tomar, sabemos que esto pone a muchas familias en una situación difícil e inconveniente. Sin embargo, esperamos que esto ayude a frenar la propagación del COVID-19 y mantenga a nuestra comunidad segura. Continuaremos trabajando con la TEA con respecto a si los días cancelados tendrán que ser reemplazados. 

De la misma manera continuamos en conversaciones con las autoridades locales de salud para tomar las mejores decisiones para nuestros estudiantes, padres y empleados. Por favor, continúen discutiendo las medidas a tomar para la prevención con su hijo(a).

Laven sus manos continuamente con agua y jabón por 20 segundos o más. Si el jabón el agua no están disponibles, use gel desinfectante. 

Eviten tocar sus ojos, nariz y boca con las manos sucias. 

Evite el contacto con personas enfermas.

Quédese en casa si se encuentran enfermos.

Cubra su nariz y boca con el interior de su codo cuando tosa o estornude. 

Continuaremos informando de cualquier desarrollo pertinente vía correo electrónico, redes sociales y nuestra página web. 

Atentamente, 

Sean Maika Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools

Shortest business Covid email I've received yet.

Dear Reader,

We’re living through turbulent times together. Our booksellers are your neighbors, your friends and family. Your stories are our stories, and we know how resilient our communities are.

Sincerely,

The Booksellers of Barnes & Noble

Not sure if this was posted here.  Graph of the growth rate of the virus in different countries.  Very consistent (and concerning).

Another note that I saw - seems that Singapore is seeing lower cases, but it's been very hot there, hotter than the temperature that tends to hamper these viruses (88F).  Perhaps this is a ray of hope.  Three cheers for global warming!

Not sure if this was posted here.  Graph of the growth rate of the virus in different countries.  Very consistent (and concerning).

Another note that I saw - seems that Singapore is seeing lower cases, but it's been very hot there, hotter than the temperature that tends to hamper these viruses (88F).  Perhaps this is a ray of hope.  Three cheers for global warming!
Here is an updated chart for European countries as of yesterday. All on the same path. 

https://twitter.com/MarkJHandley/status/1238604695700209664?s=19

Something to keep in mind is population size.  US is roughly 5x the size of italy and has 5x the number of hospital beds.

Still, that's only a matter of a couple of days difference, i think.  We are still a couple of weeks from it getting really bad.  Maybe less if our testing is that bad.

Something to keep in mind is population size.  US is roughly 5x the size of italy and has 5x the number of hospital beds.

Still, that's only a matter of a couple of days difference, i think.  We are still a couple of weeks from it getting really bad.  Maybe less if our testing is that bad.
Lets hope that being a couple of weeks behind italy means our social distancing can have an effect.  If we all take it seriously, we can flatten the curve.

Or, its too late and we already have it; it just takes a couple of weeks for symptoms to develop.  Either way, its gonna be a rough couple of weeks.

Lets hope that being a couple of weeks behind italy means our social distancing can have an effect.  If we all take it seriously, we can flatten the curve.

Or, its too late and we already have it; it just takes a couple of weeks for symptoms to develop.  Either way, its gonna be a rough couple of weeks.
Our kids school is shutting down for two weeks (we just are getting through spring break).  No reported outbreaks but being pro active.

A guy living in China, not Wuhan.

"I'm seven or eight weeks in to that lifestyle. Nobody's dead yet and I'm catching up on movies I never got around to seeing.

I haven't worked in two months, the first month was scheduled that way. But since February 15th, I should have went back to work and haven't so that's been zero income and I can't say I've been enjoying mys time off.

I feel safe though. Like the worst is over. Everybody walks around with masks and, as of yesterday, there are now masks available on the shelves in stores in a variety of fashionable styles (not N95 masks.) My youngest daughter's school gave her a child-sized pink Minnie Mouse mask when we picked up the books for the quarantine TV lessons. I've tracked the number of active cases in this province down from well over 500 to 33 and it drops every day with no new cases cropping up provincewide in over a week (still stuck on 539, yay.) Locally, no new cases in closing in on four. And Sichuan's 33 is high end for southwest China.Nearby Yunnan has two active case and Guizhou and Chongqing, where I use to work, have only four and six respectively.

And when anyone does come down with the virus, the police are on it: "where have you been, who have you been in contact with." 

They're cranking out masks and medicines and test kits.

Even the Hubei dumpster fire is seemingly contained but that's still a work in progress.... 13,171 existing cases out of 67,786 confirmed there.

It all still feels fragile though. We need all the schools and factories and restaurants and venues to re-open and have no new cases for a week or two after that to really feel confident that we're out of the mess. Meanwhile, it just takes one person sneaking out ofHubei across farms and forests and goat trails to start ####ing everything up again. Chances are he'll be wearing a mask though, so there's that."

My wife just got home.  She reported that someone grabbed toilet paper from someone else’s cart and ran :lmao:
Sadly, that thought crossed my mind several times today, while in Costco.  Not that I would steal someone's TP, but that I couldn't go too far, or I would come back to a TP-less cart.   :lmao:

Jim Bessman @JimBessman

#BREAKING: Third Mar-a-Lago guest tests positive for #coronavirus. Acting Brazilian Ambassador Nestor Forster, who dined with President #Trump on Saturday night at his South Florida club, is the second Brazilian and third Mar-a-Lago guest to test positive.
As of late Friday Trump will not be tested says physician to the President, despite Trump's remarks at press conference that he would "most likely" be tested.

Offshoot poll:

We live in Queens NY. We recently bought a condo in Boise, Idaho. We had plans before all this went down to be going there for a week starting next Sunday. We are fully stocked here in NY, where we have lived our whole lives. Where all of our friends and family are.  The only living parent is my wife's mother, who to be honest, she doesn't really get along with. Her brother lives here. Since we've only been to Boise once since buying (in downtown, walkable to everything) we have barely any food or supplies there. We also don't really know anyone outside of people we just met briefly. It's a beautiful condo, great walking, open air, nice drives and an awesome hospital system compared to the horrible Elmhurst hospital we would be subjected to here.  We are taking a chance of transporting the virus there. We might be lepers there to them, especially since their first case was from NY. We might not be able to get back to NY that soon but financially we could handle it. What would you do?

Hit "thanks" if we should stay in NY

Hit "heart" if we should go to Boise
This was a pretty awesome way to get some likes, btw.

Hit "like" if you agree.

Hit "heart" if you disagree.

Rate this trade:

I give my neighbor:

1.5 bottles of mid-level scotch

7 rolls of lotionized buttwipe

1 bucket of Clorox 

He gives me a sigsauer and 3 boxes of ammo, but I have to give it back on July 1 if we’re both still alive. 

If you didn't already have a handgun, I like it.

Make him throw in a laser sight though or take back a couple of butt wipes.

OXYGEN SATURATION METER

this just occurred to me ... i have one that cups my index finger, giving me my heart bpm along with my blood oxygen level. 

my heart bpm is normally 65ish, and my saturation level is usually 97+

question to those health workers out there: seeing as how this covid-19 causes respiratory fibrosis/distress, isn't having an oxygen meter handy as good as any tool for one to evaluate themselves? surely an infected person would register dangerously low, no?  while a pathogen free person would stay hovering in that 96-99 area, correct?

of course, a fever and hacking cough would also be tells to take it seriously ... but i think the high oxygen level is a good indicator of being ok - 
Low O2 sats would be later stage, because at that point your lungs would be filling up with crap. You'd know you had it by the time your sats dropped.

Insane.

Trump could be infecting all of our top level officials.
It’s crazy - I had a closing on a house yesterday and we all knew not to shake hands.  For the record, now that things have gotten even worse I’ve moved on from the side of the hand high five to air fist pump.

Users who are viewing this thread