Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Big League Chew

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Her and The Shining seem more realistic for this week. We give up our social life for a relationship with our phone. We social distance ourselves into cabin fever.

I think the club picks might have a little social distancing theme to them too.  

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

I think the club picks might have a little social distancing theme to them too.  

👍  greatpoint 

12 minutes ago, The General said:

What town is she in?

Kent

30 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Seems pretty riskless—either wash thoroughly after signing or else wear a glove while signing. :shrug: 

Yep. This is why you have nitrile gloves and masks if you're wanting to be that cautious. 

Wipe everything down as well. 

Didn’t watch the TV show. But might be worth a go. Hard to match Terry Gilliam madness though, perfect dude for that movie.

Show was definitely worth a watch.

• Thanks 1

Didn’t watch the TV show. But might be worth a go. Hard to match Terry Gilliam madness though, perfect dude for that movie.

I really enjoyed the TV show.  It gets a bit weird but actually had a decent ending that wraps everything up nicely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

If you're out of booze already, your home bar is woefully inadequate. 

Indeed. We have the GF's wine stocks at 6 cases  as of today. Bourbon stocks are still at "lifetime supply" levels :lol: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Our county Super sent out an e-mail last night saying this.  "Our county is low risk for community transmission" and "we'll close schools with a positive test and reopen 2-14 days later".  Not sure I've ever seen a more unanimous reaction from parents on any subject.  He changed his mind by morning and closed everything.

And... there we go.  An elementary school less than five miles from us just had a teacher test positive.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

And... there we go.  An elementary school less than five miles from us just had a teacher test positive.

Unfortunately, it just seems inevitable at this point that it’s going to be everywhere.  I’m honestly almost hoping the do a full quarantine so I can keep my older kids home.

Just now, AAABatteries said:

Unfortunately, it just seems inevitable at this point that it’s going to be everywhere.  I’m honestly almost hoping the do a full quarantine so I can keep my older kids home.

100% it's everywhere.  My county has over 1MM people, so I'm expecting scores of positives by the time the testing catches up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sand said:

Wow - Alabama closed all schools the same day the first case was detected here.

No surprise, they hate the educated

• Love 1
  • Laughing 2

1 minute ago, joffer said:

what the holy ####?  Aren’t there any other grocery stores?

They are there for the hotdog and Pepsi.

• Like 1

Customs at the airports seems to be going swimmingly tonight.  

Just want to make sure I have the numbers right. Outside of Washington state where we had the nursing home incident, there have been 18 deaths in the US? 

I would love to know the real death rate in the US. More testing would be great to determine that.

1 hour ago, matuski said:

Really?  Everyone?

Are they testing everyone everyday?

What if you tested negative yesterday and got it today?

You can stop beating, that horse is dead, Jim.

4 minutes ago, kutta said:

Just want to make sure I have the numbers right. Outside of Washington state where we had the nursing home incident, there have been 18 deaths in the US? 

I would love to know the real death rate in the US. More testing would be great to determine that.

Italy is a much better sample to study the potential of this virus. The US is in a very early stage right now.

18 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Never knew your were in Fairfax County. :hifive:

Sorry for the high five. You need to wash your hands now. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluto Blutarsky said:

Days social distancing- 4

Days with a bong hit- 4

Days without CV19- 4

Coincidence? 

By one measure, I am 10-20 safer than you

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, joffer said:

ive been thinking about fostering one during this.

We just picked one up Monday. Poor thing was scared to death at the shelter.  Has trust issues but I have confidence that if we survive this she will be a good dog. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Politician Spock said:

Italy is a much better sample to study the potential of this virus. The US is in a very early stage right now.

Why just Italy? It’s in a lot of countries right now.

12 minutes ago, joffer said:

what the holy ####?  Aren’t there any other grocery stores?

Costco is cheaper?

2 minutes ago, kutta said:

Because Italy reacted to slow, so we can see the potential of the virus in their data. 

2 minutes ago, kutta said:

We mirror the daily rate change.

6 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

Costco is cheaper?

My last three trips to the store I am usure if I looked at any prices. need this and this and this and this. I am not going to stress over 50-100 bucks. I get that there are people who certainly do rightfully stress. I wouldn't guess that the average Costco shopper is anything but middle class +

2 minutes ago, falguy said:

Thought it was going to be forsythia. 

Forsythia would probably taste a little better.

Also - I am eating a bunch of edibles. Like a lot. My wife too. We may go through our supply ina 2 weeks at this rate.

Stupid Minnesota. Anyone want to hook a brother up?

Just now, the moops said:

Also - I am eating a bunch of edibles. Like a lot. My wife too. We may go through our supply ina 2 weeks at this rate.

I'm putting dent in my supply too :(

Costco fans regularly wait in line behind 20 cars to save a couple bucks on gas. They have nothing but time on their hands. Willing to wait in the most ridiculous lines for anything. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, the moops said:

trade for some surly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2020 at 9:39 AM, Godsbrother said:

Bought two cases of wine yesterday.  I already have a stocked bar and since I am am a serious homebrewer I am good to go for beer (9 taps with full kegs, another 6 waiting to be tapped, probably 7 or 8 cases of commercial beer and over 300 lbs of grain to brew more).  I may not have enough TP and sanitizer but my alcohol supply will last me months. :banned:

just wanted to say this sounds pretty dern epic & also to say great job :thumbup: it just reads like a beacon of awesomeness and positivity cheers brother

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

We mirror the daily rate change.

But not the death rate. When they had 2200 cases they had 80 deaths. When we were at 2200 we had 49 deaths. And we had that disaster in Washington included in that.

I think. I very well could be wrong here. Just trying to understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

Getting nervous. Long on supplies except booze. There’s local delivery, but they require you open the door and sign their phone. Family hasn’t been within 10 feet of another human in a week. What to do? The siren call of booze.

I just did a major re-supply on booze. We can probably work something out. You have any AR-15s or hand grenades? You can leave them on the porch when you pick up your handle of Titos

• Laughing 3

1 hour ago, The General said:

Find 24 hour store. Go at like 2 in the morn. Have your sanitizing gel in your pocket. Dose up after purchase.

Texas liquor stores close at 9. Except on Sunday when they never open

4 minutes ago, the moops said:

My last three trips to the store I am usure if I looked at any prices. need this and this and this and this. I am not going to stress over 50-100 bucks. I get that there are people who certainly do rightfully stress. I wouldn't guess that the average Costco shopper is anything but middle class +

Not in some areas. People poor or on fixed income are still needing reasonable prices for their families. They'll go there first before regular stores.

7 minutes ago, Bluto Blutarsky said:
8 minutes ago, the moops said:

trade for some surly?

absoeffinglutely

So, I have a family member who began to show symptoms on Tuesday, and was confirmed to have it yesterday. They have been quartined. He will be fine, but a scan from Tuesday to Friday shows signifant lung scarring. They will have another scan Tuesday. They have two family members who were tested, and then told to self quarantine in seperate locations. This is the part that blows my mind. They could have it and are getting parted out to other areas, and could possibly spread it.

I voted a 6 in the other thread. In the last 24 hrs my work and kids school are closed for 2 weeks, grocery store had nothing, and family member is diagnosed. This is rapid.

• Sad 13

Looking more and more like we are going to get through this quicker than most countries thanks to the swift action we took.

• Laughing 4

1 minute ago, seahawk 17 said:

So, I have a family member who began to show symptoms on Tuesday, and was confirmed to have it yesterday. They have been quartined. He will be fine, but a scan from Tuesday to Friday shows signifant lung scarring. They will have another scan Tuesday. They have two family members who were tested, and then told to self quarantine in seperate locations. This is the part that blows my mind. They could have it and are getting parted out to other areas, and could possibly spread it.

I voted a 6 in the other thread. In the last 24 hrs my work and kids school are closed for 2 weeks, grocery store had nothing, and family member is diagnosed. This is rapid.

Damn dude. Big hugs

• Like 1