What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (14 Viewers)

Well, it looks like there is going to be anarchy in the Anarchy household. They had a drop everything meeting where my wife works. Multiple people have tested positive. However, they take up a lot of floors in the building, and each floor doesn't usually interact with others. They are shutting down and everyone will have to find a way to WFH (they are a healthcare company and WFH is only an option for a portion of the workforce).

They will notify people on a case by case basis to review how likely they think each person was to being exposed. How kind. Mrs. Anarchy really not taking the news well. (To say I edited and sanitized her position would be an understatement.) This is shaping up to be one great, big, giant PITA.

:wall:

I don’t know what it is. Where are we going to drive to avoid a virus. 

This thread is beyond aggravating now. Used to have tons of great info but we got people being openly racist and then other folks making cryptic drive by posts saying keep your tank full for absolutely no reason at all. Wtf. 
I can't share why for reasons that should be obvious to anyone with half a brain. 

It's also not 100% confirmed, but I've seen paperwork (that I shouldn't have) that indicates it's a good idea. 

I'm not being coy, I'm trying to offer some simple guidance that's nothing groundbreaking. If you guys don't want that info unless I share stuff I can't, then I'll stop trying to help. 

Your call guys. I'm trying to help as much as I can. If that's not wanted I'll keep this stuff to myself.  

Last edited by a moderator:
All those people gathered for spring break and sending their family to the amusement parks before they closed is gonna cause that number to explode.  Then those people are taking it back to other states.
My wife’s best friend,, has a kid on spring break, in fl. They seem completely unconcerned. Not that we’re seeing them atm, but we won’t be seeing them for at least 14 days after he returns.  The decision to stay and party is just mind boggling. 

I can't share why for reasons that should be obvious to anyone with half a brain. 

It's also not 100% confirmed, but I've seen paperwork (that I shouldn't have) that indicates it's a good idea. 

I'm not being coy, I'm trying to offer some simple guidance that's nothing groundbreaking. If you guys don't want that info unless I share stuff I can't, then I'll stop trying to help. 

Your call guys. I'm trying to help as much as I can. If that's not wanted I'll keep this stuff to myself.  
Care to share in a PM? Got a kiddo on the way in less than 4 weeks, am currently freaking out if #### really goes downhill. 

Missed you post. Would you please link it?

Does it have to do with one of those texts my wife got from a friend who’s friends/brothers/cousins friend/brother/cousins works for FBI/DHS/CIA and says they’re shutting to country down for 2 weeks?

because if that’s the case not sure what I need gas for.  Also the minivan is gassed up, my car is on E but I don’t expect a need for both cars at the moment 

Yea same with that nationwide quarantine your friend called the other day. None of this is helpful. Everybody knows to get gas. 
I personally think the quarantine was considered and called off. Way too many people heard about that one.  It wasn't just Icon, it was going around everywhere.

My wife’s best friend,, has a kid on spring break, in fl. They seem completely unconcerned. Not that we’re seeing them atm, but we won’t be seeing them for at least 14 days after he returns.  The decision to stay and party is just mind boggling. 
There's a poster here that sent his kid on a school trip to Universal on the same day he was railing other posters for not believing in the whole social distancing thing.   We are just a selfish country as a whole.  And yeah, I'm avoiding contact with as many people as possible but definitely with anyone I know has traveled or been in large groups.

Here’s the most stupid prepper move by yours truly. Took the propane tank to ACE to top off. I assumed it was priced by the gallon. Nope, same price regardless. I paid $18 for a gallon and a half. Doh!

Yea same with that nationwide quarantine your friend called the other day. You’re just fear-mongering at this point. 

Wrong.

First off I said nationwide curfew, not quarantine, and I said later this week. Last I checked it's mid day Wednesday.

I also said It wasn't confirmed but shared From a buddy in DHS as rumblings he heard. Others (slapdash) confirmed they had heard similar rumblings in their departments. 

I'm sharing information with as much info as I can, where I can, and quantifying it as confirmed or rumors. 

I've been way ahead of the curve in here since ####### January back when you were a #justaflubro. You're welcome for that. 

If you suddenly have a problem with what I post, by alllllll means, block me. I'll live. Otherwise, buckle up and use your brain to make your own decisions on whether to act on the info/stuff I share. 

Can some of you in this thread PLEASE become White House Correspondents?  Roughly 80% of the questions asked by reporters during Trumps presser were about why he's calling it the Chinese Virus or the Wuhan Virus and if he felt that was racist.  Four different reporters asking the exact same question using the exact same wording.  Just let that sink in.  You have one opportunity to ask the President a question about how this is being handled and THAT is what you bring to the table?  Seriously guys, ask yourselves where that ranks on the information you want to hear from the President.  Another one asked how he felt this would impact his popularity.

It was madness.  One question about ventilators....ONE.

Can some of you in this thread PLEASE become White House Correspondents?  Roughly 80% of the questions asked by reporters during Trumps presser were about why he's calling it the Chinese Virus or the Wuhan Virus and if he felt that was racist.  Four different reporters asking the exact same question using the exact same wording.  Just let that sink in.  You have one opportunity to ask the President a question about how this is being handled and THAT is what you bring to the table?  Seriously guys, ask yourselves where that ranks on the information you want to hear from the President.  Another one asked how he felt this would impact his popularity.

It was madness.  One question about ventilators....ONE.
Ironically, CNN called it the chinese virus in January.  But yeah that's pathetic from the journalists.  

Orange County, CA got the alert at about 2:30pm yesterday that it was going to be locked down, sheltered-in-place.  By 6pm they rescinded or amended the order.

I heard the news from a friend and raced back to my office to grab my laptop at like 5... oh well.

For now we are still just maintaining social distancing, bars are closed, restaurants only doing carry-out, etc.

I'm continuing to come into my office.  I'm a good 15-20 feet from anyone else, and heck those people have elected to work from home.  

Stay safe, folks.  Wishing you all the best.
The instructions/recommendations  from the CDC, to the president, to GAVIN newsome, to the OC board of supervisors are causing confusion and the option for people to ignore them. As they are merely recommendations.  If given options, people will choose the one that they like/want.  These mandates need to clear and concise. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Well, it looks like there is going to be anarchy in the Anarchy household. They had a drop everything meeting where my wife works. Multiple people have tested positive. However, they take up a lot of floors in the building, and each floor doesn't usually interact with others. They are shutting down and everyone will have to find a way to WFH (they are a healthcare company and WFH is only an option for a portion of the workforce).

They will notify people on a case by case basis to review how likely they think each person was to being exposed. How kind. Mrs. Anarchy really not taking the news well. (To say I edited and sanitized her position would be an understatement.) This is shaping up to be one great, big, giant PITA.

:wall:
GLLLLLLL Peas

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
Wrong.

First off I said nationwide curfew, not quarantine, and I said later this week. Last I checked it's mid day Wednesday.

I also said It wasn't confirmed but shared From a buddy in DHS as rumblings he heard. Others (slapdash) confirmed they had heard similar rumblings in their departments. 

I'm sharing information with as much info as I can, where I can, and quantifying it as confirmed or rumors. 

I've been way ahead of the curve in here since ####### January back when you were a #justaflubro. You're welcome for that. 

If you suddenly have a problem with what I post, by alllllll means, block me. I'll live. Otherwise, buckle up and use your brain to make your own decisions on whether to act on the info/stuff I share. 
But you’re not offering info. You’re offering half-baked fear mongering posts. “Keep your car gassed up” with an unsure emoji and no other info isn’t offering help, it’s just baking in more paranoia. 

Wrong.

ICON, if you have useful info to share, please do continue to share it in here.  At this point, I'm hoping we're all on the same team here.

Here’s the most stupid prepper move by yours truly. Took the propane tank to ACE to top off. I assumed it was priced by the gallon. Nope, same price regardless. I paid $18 for a gallon and a half. Doh!
Highly recommend Propane Taxi if you live in their delivery area. 

Ordered a refill yesterday. The replacement was on my porch this morning.

To clarify, I can't share anything Pm or otherwise. Sorry. Not being coy, hope you guys understand. 

There's no reason you NEED gas if you have no plans to go anywhere. I haven't seen anything that directly states fuel supply will be impacted. I've seen things that could be construed that might be a factor at some point. 

This is me reading between lines from something I shouldn't have seen. Not an email chain... but a firsthand document.

Nothing to panic about, Take it FWIW, but keeping your car topped off is a pretty easy thing for us to all do. 

ICON, if you have useful info to share, please do continue to share it in here.  At this point, I'm hoping we're all on the same team here.
Agreed.  Don't let one person questioning you force you to have to send multiple PMs.  If you have info that you feel is reliable, post it.  No sense wasting time PMing a bunch of people if it's information that will help everyone out.

But you’re not offering info. You’re offering half-baked fear mongering posts. “Keep your car gassed up” with an unsure emoji and no other info isn’t offering help, it’s just baking in more paranoia. 
You're wrong. Block me dude. I really don't care. Cheers. 

I would not be so sure - we are days behind in testing capability. We are likely to see a spike in infections in the next 4-5 days as we finally catch up on testing. I.e those infections already exist, just not noted. 
Thank you. I know you will do this but I'd encourage everyone to make sure they keep this in mind too. There will (hopefully) soon be a huge spike infections BECAUSE OF TESTING. They were likely already there, just not noted.

What I fear is people do like they did the Amazon news here and don't think about it for 1 second or even read the article and immediately jump to the worst conclusion. 

If South Korea cases spike next week, that's a huge problem as they've been testing so well already.

If US cases spike next week, that's likely because we're finally testing enough. 

Please everyone let's keep that in mind. Thanks.

To clarify, I can't share anything Pm or otherwise. Sorry. Not being coy, hope you guys understand. 

There's no reason you NEED gas if you have no plans to go anywhere. I haven't seen anything that directly states fuel supply will be impacted. I've seen things that could be construed that might be a factor at some point. 

This is me reading between lines from something I shouldn't have seen. Not an email chain... but a firsthand document.

Nothing to panic about, Take it FWIW, but keeping your car topped off is a pretty easy thing for us to all do. 
Just keep any info flowing and leave it up to us to decode it 👍

Pardon me as I do not keep a well maintained FBG notebook, but can I ask where you work, or where you saw this document?

As a diabetic, I have tried to be so careful to stay inside and avoid all contact. We had placed an order with Safeway for pickup today for my daughter because she is driving back to college this afternoon. The campus is closed, so no meals are available for her,. but she has an off-campus apartment and a job to go back to.

I get to Safeway and call the number to bring out the food and they tell me sorry we cancelled all orders.  So I was faced with a quandry. My daughter is leaving town in 3 hours and going to an apartment with no food--so I made the decision to go in. I used gloves and wiped my cart down and I just said I am going to distance myself and not touch my face. The place was fairly packed with seniors and a whole squad of firefighters came in to shop as I was standing there. People were just acting like there was noting amiss at all.  I got her a ton of food but the shelves were pretty bare. You can tell people went for the lower priced stuff first as I ended up getting her alot of organic and higher end products. No paper products were to be found. Quick $275.00. When I came home. I wiped every can, bottle, box down with wipes. I immediately took off my clothes in the garage and went into the shower. I wiped my phone, CC and wallet down. I think I did all I could to be safe.

I am trying to tell myself the chances of getting the virus in that 15-20 minutes is so small, I shouldn't worry about it, but as a natural worrywort I still have this gnawing feeling. Man, we need this thing to go away--I hate living in fear like this. 

Agreed.  Don't let one person questioning you force you to have to send multiple PMs.  If you have info that you feel is reliable, post it.  No sense wasting time PMing a bunch of people if it's information that will help everyone out.
And there is the ignore function...

Thank you. I know you will do this but I'd encourage everyone to make sure they keep this in mind too. There will (hopefully) soon be a huge spike infections BECAUSE OF TESTING. They were likely already there, just not noted.

What I fear is people do like they did the Amazon news here and don't think about it for 1 second or even read the article and immediately jump to the worst conclusion. 

If South Korea cases spike next week, that's a huge problem as they've been testing so well already.

If US cases spike next week, that's likely because we're finally testing enough. 

Please everyone let's keep that in mind. Thanks.
For the most part this virus shouldn't double faster than every 4-6 days.  So as long as we are doubling every 1-3 days, you can bet we are playing catch-up with the numbers due to increased testing.

Pardon me as I do not keep a well maintained FBG notebook, but can I ask where you work, or where you saw this document?
I'm not in any facet of government. I have very close friends in DoD, DHS, and Military who share things with me from time to time. Some speculative. Sometimes a little more concrete. This isn't a look at me™ thing, just trying to help fellow FBGs out when and where I can. 

This particular document came with a hard Stayshere™, so I'm respecting that. 

This isn't anything apocalyptic so we should move on from the topic IMO. Everyone can take what they want from what I said. 

I'm not in any facet of government. I have very close friends in DoD, DHS, and Military who share things with me from time to time. Some speculative. Sometimes a little more concrete. This isn't a look at me™ thing, just trying to help fellow FBGs out when and where I can. 

This particular document came with a hard Stayshere™, so I'm respecting that. 

This isn't anything apocalyptic so we should move on from the topic IMO. Everyone can take what they want from what I said. 
You didn’t hear this from me, but you might want to stock up on Swedish Fish.  :unsure:

For the most part this virus shouldn't double faster than every 4-6 days.  So as long as we are doubling every 1-3 days, you can bet we are playing catch-up with the numbers due to increased testing.
In general, I think you're right.  But that's based on the virus infection curve from China and SK.  What if they were testing more or less asymptomatic people than the US?

Users who are viewing this thread