What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (10 Viewers)

Got our  ** Official ** COVID protocol at work today.  Those of us working from home who are not high risk should come back to work to not set a precedence of more people wanting to work from home.  Check your temperature before coming to work (if possible).  If you have temp of 100.4 or higher, stay home.  Don't come back until 3 days after the fever breaks.   :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
https://www.wgal.com/article/all-non-life-sustaining-businesses-in-pennsylvania-ordered-to-close-physical-locations-to-stop-coronavirus-spread/31789626#

hopefully Ohio follows suit with the list of non-life sustaining businesses

Got our  ** Official ** COVID protocol at work today.  Those of us working from home who are not high risk should come back to work to not set a precedence of more people wanting to work from home.  Check your temperature before coming to work (if possible).  If you have temp of 100.4 or higher, stay home.  Don't come back until 3 days after the fever breaks.   :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
That's just horribly stupid. If people can reasonably do their jobs from home, they should be home. Full stop. 

Anyone else hearing tomorrow is the day they shut everything down? It’s rumor that someone is spreading daily but someone w DOD ties related this one.l so was curious if anyone else is hearing it.....going to kill us at work with a closing. 
I'm thinking this is the tidbit @[icon] either was or was not being coy about.  I'm thinking it's coming at some point this weekend.  Even if it's not nationwide, Oregon's gov has been pretty proactive on shutting schools etc.  I'm gonna have to finally pull the trigger on vodka stockpile.

So if a grocery store specifically tells you to come in during their special shopping hours for the “older community” and you aren’t above the age they are targeting, would you go shop then? Asking for a friend. 

“The following are considered “life-sustaining” businesses and will stay open, according to WPXI in Pittsburgh:

Grocery stores

Pharmacies

Gas stations

Beer distributors

Transit and transportation systems

Taxi services”

🍺🍺🍺
Yeah, the actual list is very long of places that can stay open. And it’s confusing imo

Local news quite bizarre with the anchors sitting so far apart.  Good thing we have widescreen tv now or they would have to go back to pan and scan.
On the channel I usually watch, the co-anchors are in different rooms, so when the camera shows them together it is on a split screen. Also, they showed a reporter interviewing someone on the street, and he was standing about ten feet apart pointing the microphone which was attached to a long pole.

CBS News

Governor Gavin Newsom says he projects more than half of Californians (25.5 million people) will be infected with the coronavirus over an 8-week period, in letter to President Trump. 
That makes no sense at all.  There's nowhere for people to go to have it spread that badly.  The Chicken Little effect is out of control.

On the channel I usually watch, the co-anchors are in different rooms, so when the camera shows them together it is on a split screen. Also, they showed a reporter interviewing someone on the street, and he was standing about ten feet apart pointing the microphone which was attached to a long pole.
Have been switching between CNN, CNBC, and local news for the past few days, and I've heard a whole lot of kids, dogs, and ringing cell phones as correspondents are calling/Zooming in remotely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert of Monaco became the first head of state to contract Covid-19 today. This info is 5-6 hours old so it’s probably been posted multiple times.

FBGs of a certain vintage will remember him as being on several bobsled teams, & IIRC he was their Olympic flag bearer as well.
I remember him as the guy who still owes me 20 pounds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. You got TP gb? 
For about a week or so.....:oldunsure:

Just FYI, Gov Cuomo addressed how he uses the National Guard and it seemed rather logical over "panic" some marker that things are getting really bad. Just relaying info as he had an impressive press conference today, a lot better than some of the other governors I heard speaking out today. 

I know it's Wisconsin, just comparing
Yeah not panicking by any means. Though I could see a shut down coming over the weekend around here. 

I shared Derek Lowe’s blog last night, which I recommend for those interested keeping up with drugs in development for COVID-19.

Today he has new post on clinical trial data.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/
That does a good job explaining the ACE-2 connection with bp meds ACE inhibitors and ARBs. When those were mentioned earlier in the thread, the proposed effects of the drugs on C-19 didn’t make a lot of sense. While still convoluted, it seems both classes could be helpful in attenuating disease severity, at least in theory.

That does a good job explaining the ACE-2 connection with bp meds ACE inhibitors and ARBs. When those were mentioned earlier in the thread, the proposed effects of the drugs on C-19 didn’t make a lot of sense. While still convoluted, it seems both classes could be helpful in attenuating disease severity, at least in theory.
I have no idea what most of that means, but sounds promising?

BTW, really appreciate your contributions in here.

I'm ridiculous because the country with patient zero and the world's largest population basically has it contained three months later?  :mellow:
They separated families and had a draconian quarantine in place. How do you envision the US containment looking?

Friend in upstate NY just checked in. Spouse was notified yesterday morning that a coworker tested positive at their work site. Was fine most of the day yesterday, then last night around 10pm had a severe temperature spike to 101, dry coughing, and shortness of breath. By 2am no choice but the ER. Was told they're likely on "day 3" and that the worst comes at "day 10", and to check back then. Be prepared to be intubated. But they're not bad enough to be admitted, and they won't test until they are.

1 anecdotal data point.
What county? I've mentioned what i do in this thread a couple times. I currently have four people that can't come into work, either because of direct contact with a positive or their significant other is under quarantine. Meanwhile, the county just reported their first case today.

Fire department just knocked on a family member's door to tell them to have enough food for 2 weeks because lockdown is coming in 48 to 72 hours.  They were going door-to-door.  This is in SoCal.
Not that I'm doubting you, but could you confirm that it was actually your family member that this happened to?

Rumors spread when the chain-of-custody breaks down. Nobody wants to say "I heard from a friend that the fire department just knocked on their family member's door...", so they delete the first part of the sentence to make it sound more believable.

Again, I'm not doubting you. I'm just saying that this sort of thing happens all. the. time.

Users who are viewing this thread