What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (7 Viewers)

CurlyNight said:
So my mom's check was cashed! How the hell is this possible when ID is required to cash checks or your name has ti be on the check? 

Mom went to her bank to find out wtf. They investigated and saw the check. This dude wrote his name above mine and put "or". He practiced enough that his handwriting looks like mom's. He signed the back of the check and it was cashed. So since it's legal to cash such checks, mom's hosed in getting her money back. So now she needs to shut down that account and open a new one. I told her to open 2. 1 for social security and medicare to be used only for receiving stuff and a second for everything else. Turns out there are a lot of theft going on with the mail. So I told my parents no sending checks even after this is over. There are sister banks to my credit union that they can directly deposit to my account. 

I'm so angry. My poor mom was out when she should be in, in WA state! I figure the dude either works for the post office or lives in my apt complex. Our mailboxes weren't broken into so that's out. So tomorrow I'm going to the apt office. Mom sent me a photo of the check. I kept my usps informed delivery email too showing it did pass through the scan there. Due to privacy they won't tell me but at least they can take action. Then I'll go to USPS and do the same. Mom's afraid he'll come after me but I'm the type you #### with my family and I'm coming after you. He stole from and elderly lady and caused her to be out of her house possibly exposing herself. 

I googled his name. Dude is in my area and has a record for theft and other things. So yeah. I can't not try and get justice for her. Hopefully he pays somehow. MF  :censored:
It's called "washing checks".  There are groups of people that steal envelopes from mailboxes---like they will literally use a stick with double sided tape at the end and poke it down into post office boxes and steal dozens of envelopes at a time.  They will then alter the checks and write them to themselves.   Your mom's bank should re-imburse her.  Our business was a victim of that a few months ago. We sent out some checks to pay some invoices--and one day--we get a call from a Bank of America branch asking if we wrote a check to a lady named _____________ on a particular date and they provided me the check number. I looked up the check number and the check was written to a company not an individual.  The gal from Bank of America thanked me and said she was going to contact the authorities as somebody was trying to cash that check in her branch.  We then found out that 3 more of our checks that were sent out the same day and put in the same mail box were taken--so we cancelled them and the account immediately.  You guys should absolutely fight your bank or the one that cashed the check to get your money back.  

Only the other people that choose to leave their houses.    All people hiding in their house will be fine.   They are perfectly welcome to do that.  
No because other people still have issues and accidents that take them to the hospitals and the selfish put everyone of them at risk.

Including ALL the medical personnel.

Damn what you post is so myopic.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called "washing checks".  There are groups of people that steal envelopes from mailboxes---like they will literally use a stick with double sided tape at the end and poke it down into post office boxes and steal dozens of envelopes at a time.  They will then alter the checks and write them to themselves.   Your mom's bank should re-imburse her.  Our business was a victim of that a few months ago. We sent out some checks to pay some invoices--and one day--we get a call from a Bank of America branch asking if we wrote a check to a lady named _____________ on a particular date and they provided me the check number. I looked up the check number and the check was written to a company not an individual.  The gal from Bank of America thanked me and said she was going to contact the authorities as somebody was trying to cash that check in her branch.  We then found out that 3 more of our checks that were sent out the same day and put in the same mail box were taken--so we cancelled them and the account immediately.  You guys should absolutely fight your bank or the one that cashed the check to get your money back.  
Mom's in bed now so I'll see what she says tomorrow. Thanks.

-fish- said:
I'd rather get it now.
No you wouldn't--we are on defense now in this country. We will figure it out, but I don't want to be in that initial diagnosis.

We have ERs packing in with people that believe this is their first/only line of care. You have people with cuts and pains and drug issues--I would go anywhere but there

Personally, I get this,  it will kill me, I would rather die at home than go to the ER.

No you wouldn't--we are on defense now in this country. We will figure it out, but I don't want to be in that initial diagnosis.

We have ERs packing in with people that believe this is their first/only line of care. You have people with cuts and pains and drug issues--I would go anywhere but there

Personally, I get this,  it will kill me, I would rather die at home than go to the ER.
Do not leave your house. If you need help with getting supplies.

Great free service for elderly and the immune compromised folks if they don't want to go out or don't have help getting stuff. Even if you have a person in your home, keep them in too. Xx

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/17/us/coronavirus-student-volunteers-grocery-shop-elderly-iyw-trnd/index.html

Several local politicians tested positive after going to a birthday party at Trump National Golf Club in Palos Verdes -- a coastal town in LA.  The Mayor and former Mayor of Rancho Palos Verdes are infected.  Party was two weeks ago, the same day authorities decided to go on with the LA Marathon. 

They said an email went out about cancelling the party, but the decision was made to go on with it.  Oops.

Now begins the worry -- I'm getting sick. I've really only left the house twice in the last 10ish days and both times were to help my best buddy and his family with moving (unfortunately timed, obviously). He had a cough and sniffles, but never a fever, and his wife was clearly a little stuffed up too. Now his brother and I are both getting sick. We're definitely leaning something more innocuous at the moment (though wishful thinking is likely playing a part in this). None of the four of us has had a fever at any point, and 3/4 had nasal stuffiness as the primary symptom (I've only got a sore throat and light headaches at the moment). From what I've read, fever is the most common symptom and a runny nose is pretty rare. The cough they've had is definitely not "dry" either. 

Fingers crossed, but have to say it is frustrating to have gotten sick in the very few instances of going outside my house (though I should have expected it, I knew he was a bit sick when I still volunteered to help -- they've got a toddler and needed it). Current guess is that the toddler is patient zero and it was just something going around daycare before they pulled her out of it.

Not going to bother trying to get tested, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to given what I've heard.

Is that true jester?  Damn man, so sorry to hear that.  Ugh.  😢
I have had type one diabetes since I was 7 (I am 50)  I take four shots of insulin a day--check my blood 4-5 times a day. Take 4 pills a day for blood pressure and cholesterol management.

I have spent the last 4 decades dealing with this (yeah Coors Light really messes my management up :D ) but I have two daughters (15-20)-- a wife, who I have been with since high school, who will miss me.  

I have been hospitalized only two times in the past 25 years and both were because of the flu. I guarantee there are few other type one diabetics that can make that claim.

I dislike that my sisters/brother are treating me like a china doll (I get I am the youngest of 5) --I mentioned I wanted to get an extra propane tank and the whole family feels compelled to formulate a D-Day plan to get one to me tonight---so yeah, some of us are scared.

CurlyNight said:
So my mom's check was cashed! How the hell is this possible when ID is required to cash checks or your name has ti be on the check? 

Mom went to her bank to find out wtf. They investigated and saw the check. This dude wrote his name above mine and put "or". He practiced enough that his handwriting looks like mom's. He signed the back of the check and it was cashed. So since it's legal to cash such checks, mom's hosed in getting her money back. So now she needs to shut down that account and open a new one. I told her to open 2. 1 for social security and medicare to be used only for receiving stuff and a second for everything else. Turns out there are a lot of theft going on with the mail. So I told my parents no sending checks even after this is over. There are sister banks to my credit union that they can directly deposit to my account. 

I'm so angry. My poor mom was out when she should be in, in WA state! I figure the dude either works for the post office or lives in my apt complex. Our mailboxes weren't broken into so that's out. So tomorrow I'm going to the apt office. Mom sent me a photo of the check. I kept my usps informed delivery email too showing it did pass through the scan there. Due to privacy they won't tell me but at least they can take action. Then I'll go to USPS and do the same. Mom's afraid he'll come after me but I'm the type you #### with my family and I'm coming after you. He stole from and elderly lady and caused her to be out of her house possibly exposing herself. 

I googled his name. Dude is in my area and has a record for theft and other things. So yeah. I can't not try and get justice for her. Hopefully he pays somehow. MF  :censored:
I found him on fb. His photo matches his arrest description and he lives in my city. So now I have a photo to show too.

I have had type one diabetes since I was 7 (I am 50)  I take four shots of insulin a day--check my blood 4-5 times a day. Take 4 pills a day for blood pressure and cholesterol management.

I have spent the last 4 decades dealing with this (yeah Coors Light really messes my management up :D ) but I have two daughters (15-20)-- a wife, who I have been with since high school, who will miss me.  

I have been hospitalized only two times in the past 25 years and both were because of the flu. I guarantee there are few other type one diabetics that can make that claim.

I dislike that my sisters/brother are treating me like a china doll (I get I am the youngest of 5) --I mentioned I wanted to get an extra propane tank and the whole family feels compelled to formulate a D-Day plan to get one to me tonight---so yeah, some of us are scared.
If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

My son called Amazon to ask about this (not your wife's bike order but the delay on his order) and they are prioritizing deliveries of food and other essentials.  
Not only that. They aren't even stocking most non essential items in their warehouses so they can have more room to have essentials in stock and ready to ship. 

Good news - Numbers for new cases and deaths have decreased the last 2 days in Italy.

Terrible news - That new lower daily number for deaths is still > 600.

For the patients who have severe cases, we think their immune systems are similar to those who have AIDS.  The lungs get infected and are bombarded with immune cells with release harmful chemicals which then destroy lung cells which causes more immune response--a vicious circle and the so called cytokine storm.  No one's talking about the immune system.
Please be careful with descriptions outside your area of expertise. Just because COVID-19 has been associated with lymphopenia, it is hardly impacting the immune system like HIV. 

mr roboto said:
I wonder if they’ve been rolling these out in increasingly stricter stages because they knew people would freak the #### out if they pulled it all at once. 
This is exactly what I told my wife yesterday - if you look at that Coronavirus Now site and assume those models are correct then government had to know this was coming and seems like their strategy has been a slow rollout vs. Big Bang.  Assuming that’s what they are doing, I’m not sure how wise that will turn out to be in hindsight.

parasaurolophus said:
Not true. The study said it was rare. The study was also based on patients that were admitted to the hospital.

Lack of appetite was also the predominate "digestive symptom" recorded, which is kind of an odd thing to group in there. 
I haven’t followed all of this back and forth but this was one of the main symptoms along with fatigue that I’ve had the last 10 days.  For several days in a row I had to force myself to eat.  Maybe it’s another virus going around?

Incorrect, you added a zero. Can we not argue and bicker over every one of my posts? It feels like you and some others are on such a mission to smash people thru their screens with stats you are whipping up, it just adds to the hysteria. 

However many number of deaths you project in your head or can work out on paper based on stats you are pulling from wherever...just pick the number and go with that. 7 Million would roughly be 2% of the population...is that the number of deaths across America you think will happen? A smaller number? You just seem very eager to shoot folks down, that's just how it comes across. Maybe it's stressful in your house, I've been outside playing Tennis, Reading, Biking, Reading, Walking, maybe you need some fresh air and put the laptop down and turn the news stations off for a bit. 

I wish you well, I'm not trying to fight with you or anyone for that matter. 
I didn't "whip up" any stats - by and large, they come from peer-reviewed medical journals. You know, stuff people who actually take care of C-19 patients read. I rarely watch the news.

And yes, it's stressful in my house. Wanna know why? Because people are fixating on numbers based on incomplete data sets, to justify self-serving behavior, and missing the bigger picture of the trajectory of illness as it relates to our healthcare resources. Things like ICU beds, ventilators, critical care nurses, etc. And masks. When any one of those is exhausted, the mortality numbers will shoot up. And not just for COVID-19 infections.

You'll be happy to know I've been off work the last few days, and took the opportunity to hike (a safe distance away from others) several hours daily. There's plenty of sun and fresh air in HI. But tomorrow I go back to the hospital, where I'll surely take care of many C-19 patients, including a few who were dismissive of the pandemic's severity. I won't hold it against them.

But please don't underestimate how disastrous this situation may become; put some trust in people who devote their lives to studying and treating infectious diseases, and try to learn from countries that have contained it.

[scooter] said:
How is it a fact? You have no idea how many lives will be cost in any scenario.
Did I say I did?  I said the exact opposite in my first post on the subject that the calculations are impossible to make.  The fact is that there is a point at which the lines in the graph cross.  To ignore that is to ignore reality.

Bull crap.  imho.

You are repeating Larry Kudlow, verbatim.
I have no idea who that guy is so you can shove your arrogance.  Poverty kills people.  What percentage of our nation are you willing to throw into poverty to flatten the curve?  How far does the curve need to flatten?  No one really knows is all I'm saying, but it needs to be considered in EVERYTHING we are doing.  We can't just lock the country down indefinitely, economics be damned.

He is Team Belief. 
What is this supposed to mean?  That because I'm a Christian, I'm somehow unqualified to assess the situation?

How very open minded and tolerant of you.

For you guys who think I'm some kind of idiot, here is some light cheery reading on what happens to people in poverty.  And make no mistake the longer we shut down society, the more people will be thrown into poverty.  It is simply a graph with 2 lines, people killed by the virus and people killed by poverty caused by our actions to stop the virus.  They intersect at some point is literally all I'm saying and you or I or anyone have no idea where that is, but it does happen.

https://www.apa.org/pi/families/poverty

https://www.healthpovertyaction.org/news-events/key-facts-poverty-and-poor-health/

shader said:
Non-China Reported Cases

2/7 - 277 reported cases

2/12 - 490 reported cases

2/17 - 893 reported cases -  5 dead 

2/22 - 1,834 reported cases - 19 dead

2/26 - 3,650 reported cases - 57 dead

2/29 - 7,155 reported cases - 109 dead - USA 68 cases - 1 dead

3/5 - 17,353 reported cases - 344 dead - USA 210 cases - 12 dead

3/9 - 33,303 reported cases - 881 dead - USA 628 cases - 26 dead

3/13 - 64,567 reported cases - 2,239 dead - USA 2,269 cases - 48 dead

3/18 - 138,059 reported cases - 5,715 dead - USA 9,301 cases - 152 dead

3/19 - 164,646 reported cases - 6,800 dead - USA 14,299 cases - 218 dead

3/20 - 194,589 reported cases - 8,126 dead - USA 19,383 cases - 256 dead

3/21 - 225,885 reported cases - 9,771 dead - USA 26,112 cases - 325 dead

3/22 - 255,584 reported cases - 11,350 dead - USA 33,346 cases - 414 dead

3/23 - 297,299 reported cases - 13,221 dead - USA 43,449 cases - 545 dead

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-J_vry7rclLIGooJ-Cu7OFH8rRRjB51lz1iGkwcTETc/edit#gid=0

Haven't been able to follow much that's happening today, but in these overall numbers, we still are showing no signs of slowing down.

Sneezes, eye-wiping, saliva, etc. from asymptomatic carriers do still spread the virus. Maybe such carriers are somewhat less dangerous than the obvious "coughing their head off" guy ... but not by a ton IMHO.
I think the jury is still out how often (and readily) asymptomatic transmission occurs.

IMO, it happens a bit, but as I said before, the size of the inoculum is important in any infection. Given what we know about SARS-CoV-2 transmission, it stands to reason that people without symptoms aren't spewing a lot of virus into their surroundings. 

A third of China's cases not counted (classified docs)

More than 43,000 people in China had tested positive for Covid-19 by the end of February but had no immediate symptoms, a condition typically known as asymptomatic, according to the data. They were placed in quarantine and monitored but were not included in the official tally of confirmed cases, which stood at about 80,000 at the time.

Scientists have been unable to agree on what role asymptomatic transmission plays in spreading the disease. A patient usually develops symptoms in five days, though the incubation period can be as long as three weeks in some rare cases.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Seems like tensions are high in this thread - I know they are at my house as we as getting easily irritated at each other with so much time spent together.  This has been a great thread with lots of good information - there’s no need to win arguments in here.  Our fellow Americans are sick and dying - who cares about winning an iArgument.  Let it go.
Totally agree.  

Figured this was a “talking point” somewhere. Too many people looking for an out.
I'm not looking for any kind of out. My wife is a teacher and I now have a work-from-home job. I am personally fine. I'm also a finance major and have seen what happens in places where people can't afford basic life necessities. We are legitimately threatening that to a large portion of our population with the shutdown. To ignore that is to ignore reality.

I also have a lot to lose from this virus. My family has three great grandparents in their 90's that would die if they got this. I live with my mother-in-law who is 71 and would be probably in a 20% risk of death if she got it. I understand the seriousness of this and me and my family are taking it very seriously.

I also have suffered from depression over despair if not being able to work. I was contemplating suicide at one point. I'm an otherwise healthy middle-aged man. To ignore that situation is equally as dangerous as ignoring the risks to our healthcare system from the virus.

Spanish nursing home found abandoned

Spanish soldiers helping to fight the coronavirus pandemic have found elderly patients in retirement homes abandoned and, in some cases, dead in their beds, the defence ministry has said.

Spanish prosecutors said an investigation had been launched.

The military has been brought in to help disinfect care homes in Spain, one of Europe's worst hit countries.

Meanwhile, an ice rink in Madrid is to be used as a temporary mortuary for Covid-19 victims, officials said.

The virus is spreading very fast in Spain - the second worst-hit European country after Italy.

On Tuesday, the health ministry announced that the number of deaths had risen by 514 in the past 24 hours - a daily record.

A total of 2,696 people have now died and there are 39,637 confirmed cases

To ignore that situation is equally as dangerous as ignoring the risk to the elderly and weakened.
“Risk to the elderly and weakened” is only a part of why nations are bending backwards to fight COVID. Conceiving of the illness as only a true problem for the “elderly and weakened” is a serious mistake.

In a community or region where COVID overwhelms a healthcare system ... healthcare for everyone is compromised at best, unavailable at worst. No one gets to say “But wait! I’m young and normally healthy ... and I don’t have coronavirus! I just had this nasty car accident... so divert resources pronto to help ME!

I do agree that extreme poverty prevention measures have take place on the other end. An enforced moratorium on pretty much any kind of debt would be a good start.

FWIW.

On my drive into work this morning, there was no discernible difference in the number of cars on the road at 6AM.

This is in Ohio, the first day the shelter in place order is officially in effect.

“Risk to the elderly and weakened” is only a part of why nations are bending backwards to fight COVID. Conceiving of the illness as only a true problem for the “elderly and weakened” is a serious mistake.

In a community or region where COVID overwhelms a healthcare system ... healthcare for everyone is compromised at best, unavailable at worst. No one gets to say “But wait! I’m young and normally healthy ... and I don’t have coronavirus! I just had this nasty car accident... so divert resources pronto to help ME!

I do agree that extreme poverty prevention measures have take place on the other end. An enforced moratorium on pretty much any kind of debt would be a good start.
Point taken, you are correctI have edited my statement.

Jayrod said:
People need to understand that there is a point where the economic impact will cost more lives than the virus itself.  Just "shut it down for a month" people are as ignorant as the "it's just a flu" people.

This is a massively complex situation and the ability to calculate the impact of all of the macro decisions is simply impossible.

There is no simple solution and there is no "right" answer.  Decisions aren't made in a vacuum and every governmental order will have consequences and will negatively effect society to the point of causing death rates to rise.  And often that means a younger healthier population than the virus will kill.
My point earlier that if we would have had leadership I think it could have been done.   As it stands now, I believe we are doing both - slowly choking off the economy and not doing strong enough measures to stop the virus.  

It probably wouldn't have taken a month a bit ago.  A couple weeks, try to pinpoint where the infections are, then implement some of the things we are trying now - minimal groups, wfh as much as possible, etc so the workforce can get back at it.  There probably would have been a need for some type of package they are arguing about, but it probably wouldn't have had to be so big.   

I mean around here they have slowly choked off people's jobs for a couple weeks, and NOW today we are getting our "safer at home" order and closing even more.  So some people will be out of a job for 1 month +, and we are still arguing about what a stimulus package should look like to help people out.  Just sad on all front.   

Oh, and your fist couple sentences seem to take the stance that people who think we should "shut it down" haven't thought about the negative consequences of doing so.  They just don't agree with you that it's better than what they think the consequences of not doing so might look like.  

IvanKaramazov said:
I'm seeing a lot of posts here and in my social media feeds along the lines of "I think I had coronavirus back in February and I just didn't realize it at the time."  No you didn't.  Or at least it is vanishingly unlikely that you did. 

If we know anything about this virus, it is that it it causes very severe symptoms in about 20% of patients that requires hospitalization.  If C-19 was widely circulating in February, our hospitals would have been overwhelmed by an illness that was causing non-flu viral pneumonia and putting a bunch of people on ventilators.  Nobody would have missed this, especially since the exact same outbreak was occurring in spades in China.  

In order to believe that you got covid-19 in February, you need to believe that this virus was circulating without detection despite worldwide media coverage and that you were in the extremely tiny group of folks who got this in the super-early stages before it even registered on the health care system, which we know it does very rapidly.  In Bayesian terms, that is so incredibly unlikely as to be dismissed out of hand.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you thought you had the common cold or a mild case of the flu a month ago, it was about 99% the common cold or a mild case of the flu, both of which are super-common during that time of the year.  Specifically, you do not have C-19 antibodies and you should not behave as if you did.

Edit: At some point, some of you will undoubtedly test anti-body positive once such a test exists.  That will be because you caught the virus in the meantime and were asymptomatic.  Which is the case for 30% or so of the people who get this. That's way more likely that the "I got this before millions of others" scenario. 
The flip side of this is, as this mainly affects the over 70 population and really hits the over 80 population the hardest, there is not always the biggest push to be investigative or interpretive with their symptoms.  If you turned up in a hospital in December with a strange pneumonia that didn't quite check all the boxes, it more than likely gets filed as "huh, thats an outlier" its no something ICU's are necessarily structured to compare notes on.  I say this because I know a guy in his 80's who went into the hosptial relatively healthy who died in exactly these circumstances in December 2019.  

I'm not sure if it was confirmed but as I understand it, they theorize AIDS was around for 50-100 years before it exploded due to almost perfect transmission models coming online in the late 70's.  

There will be good and bad that comes from this. Having a much older family it really pains me to read things like this because unless you have older folks in your life, you don't appreciate how reliant they become on younger folks. To see them abandoned like animals is heart breaking to me. I know this is the exception more than rule.

Started the WFH thing today in earnest. There was a case reported in my town yesterday and people in the office are becoming a little too cavalier for my liking. Wife & daughter made a 6am run to Walmart to stock up. We had forgotten about senior hours so when she went in the greeter said "she (daughter) will have to stay with you, 60 and over only." Wife is 53. Didn't mean to skirt the rules but I laughed at the old lady  :D  Pro trip: don't make fun of the not old lady being old in a lockdown situation  :thumbup:

Everything was stocked which is cool but she said it won't last until 10am.  

I think @Jayrod was asking a legitimate question. Let’s not jump all over people w/out giving them the respect to try dialogue first. 

The government has the ability to help people who are struggling financially during this time, including the ability to literally invent money. 

The government can't keep people alive if they allow them to basically live a “normal” life right now. 

-fish- said:
By January 21 she proved community transmission.  IK was saying it's not possible people were sick in February.   He claims the math is impossible.   This state more likely than not has 100s of thousands of undiagnosed cases.   People that are in denial about scientific facts who are raging against lockdowns are the problem right now.

-fish- said:
That was one data point.  The point of her research was it was already here.  If there was one, there were more.   She didn't just find one.  She was re-testing the flu tests she had available.   She was told to shut it down instead.   We hit 100,000 infected a month ago.  We just don't know it.   There were people infected in February.  That's a fact.   IK is just wrong claiming that asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic people couldn't have had it in February.  To the contrary, that's more likely than not.
If you are correct, then we are at 2-3 million case right now and the mortality rate is less than the flu or worst case, about the same.

CurlyNight said:

Sorry to hear about your situation.  As others have mentioned, this should be relatively easy to resolve.  I've run into similar situations and the bank has refunded everytime.  Usually they use check cashing places to cash these checks.  That's why these business charge an insane amount of money, refunding money in cases like this is part of their business models.  Most real banks won't cash a check unless you have and account or they call the check writer to verify.

Only the other people that choose to leave their houses.    All people hiding in their house will be fine.   They are perfectly welcome to do that.  
Gotcha.  So the people that are choosing to follow the guidelines and stay at home should be rewarded by a higher risk of infection when/if they have to leave their house to *gasp* buy groceries or meds?

ETA:  yeah, not to mention what BST posted above about the increase risk to health care workers, undue burden on the hospitals, etc..  

The government has the ability to help people who are struggling financially during this time, including the ability to literally invent money. 

The government can't keep people alive if they allow them to basically live a “normal” life right now. 
Ok?  Was this directed at someone else?

It probably wouldn't have taken a month a bit ago.  A couple weeks, try to pinpoint where the infections are, then implement some of the things we are trying now - minimal groups, wfh as much as possible, etc so the workforce can get back at it. 
I work for a large global investment bank in NYC and this is what we started rolling out back in the first week of March. A lot of large companies did the same thing. Helps to have good leadership. 

If more followed suit, we would be in a hell of a better situation right now. 

I also believe it is much easier to rescue 10,000 people from the brink of poverty than it is to bring 100 deceased COVID patients back to life.

There is a poverty-deaths graph, Jayrod. You’re right about that. I just think you’re invoking it too early ... though I think I understand why you’re doing so. Are you concerned that society-wide COVID fighting measures could be semi-permanent, and may be left in place beyond their usefulness for one reason or another?

The person who you tagged and said they had a legit question. 

Coffee hasn't kicked in yet?
I’ve been up for 2 hours. I’m fine. 

You quoted me trying to debate someone else. I think you’re confused. I’m not defending his point just that I think jumping on people isn’t helpful. If you want to debate with Jayrod try quoting him!

Users who are viewing this thread