What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (13 Viewers)

What is it?
if you are laid off/loss of hours - regular unemployment

if you do not qualify for regular unemployment (EI here) due to self employment, not enough insured hours or caring for someone ill w covid - up to 2000/mnth

if you work normally, like me.... your normal wage

eta: you can also apply for a 6mos deferral on your mortgage, and the provincial courts have outlawed all evictions for the forseeable future. there is also an increase to monthly child tax benefit incoming, but i forget if it's for all, or just low income

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to go too far political and all, but Canada is a completely different beast given its size and population density.  You really only have to control a few large cities.
But Canada does have really cool names.... like Saskatchewan!

Didn't see and wasn't trying to argue at all in here :hifive:

Can't wait to get back to traveling...
nah, no worries... typing as we watch "the five" and im trying to get msg out quick, so it might sound rude maybe

There is a rapid IgM-IgG antibody test available. This is a blood test with turn around time of 15 minutes and was widely used by Chinese CDC. The sensitivity is 88% and specificity is 90%. We will be performing the test along with the RNA PCR one. If this rapid test is reliable, we may in the future use this as a screening tool and only use RNA PCR as a confirmatory test

https://www.biomedomics.com/documents/?sub-field=infectious-disease
Man, that's fantastic. And a clinically useful sensitivity and specificity too. That could change how we approach the next few weeks if this becomes widely available, especially for those providing healthcare.

We had a neighbor happy hour last night in my neighbor's driveway. Their kids were out earlier with tape measures and chalk. They drew 5 circles all 6 feet apart from each other. 5 couples all had a few drinks while standing in their respective circles. Kids all stayed inside their own homes.

And man - it felt really ####### good to joke and laugh and talk to actual faces not named moopwife, moopkid1, and moopkid2.

We just moved into this neighborhood this winter. So after a whole winter of not really getting to know the folks, we get this social distancing thing. Might be a whole year from move in date until we step foot in anyone of our neighbors homes.

But, I do encourage folks to talk to their neighbors, froma safe distance, or have a beer with them on each side of your fence. It made me smile. A lot

if you are laid off/loss of hours - regular unemployment

if you do not qualify for regular unemployment (EI here) due to self employment, not enough insured hours or caring for someone ill w covid - up to 2000/mnth

if you work normally, like me.... your normal wage

eta: you can also apply for a 6mos deferral on your mortgage, and the provincial courts have outlawed all evictions for the forseeable future. there is also an increase to monthly child tax benefit incoming, but i forget if it's for all, or just low income
Much better than the US and some form of health care also for everyone. No wonder everyone is so chill.

Also have the advantage of no military budget since you live next to the insane but badass guy who will pound you if you get looked at sideways.

OMFG! My neighborhood block party made the news! Fox News Boston sent a  crew to cover the party. But they spun it as a great thing! They praised the neighbor for raising the spirits of the neighborhood and encouraged people to do similar things in their own communities. They showed people dancing and smiling and said this is exactly what we all need to be doing, and we need more of that.  

People in town are all over FB either saying it was the best thing ever or they are so sad they missed it. People are actually asking when the next one will be. I. Am. Speechless.
W

T

F

Much better than the US and some form of health care also for everyone. No wonder everyone is so chill.

Also have the advantage of no military budget since you live next to the insane but badass guy who will pound you if you get looked at sideways.
feel like some think im crtiticizing you guys, but im not. maybe a touch of it, but im not trying to say we're better or anything. we're a fraction of the population, and and even bigger landmass... we have health care for everyone... those things are just in our favor.

im just sad to see so "many" seemingly ignoring the seriousness of it in the US. do I see it here? ya, i guess to a small degree... but not really. all non-essential business are legally closed. there's ppl out walking but no real gathering in parks/beaches any of that stuff..

and again... population. i get it. and ya, media focuses on the negative, but it sucks even seeing the negative is there

Does the interest get capitalized on a deferred mortgage?
i have no idea of the details, i fortuntely dont have to wory about that... but by the sounds of it, it's a simple 6mos extension to the length of term w zero penalties, but cant confirm

March 28, 3:30 p.m.: Gov. Ron DeSantis said travel restrictions from “hot zones” allowed authorities to stop a man who flew to Jacksonville from New York that previously tested positive for COVID-19.

DeSantis said the man was taken to a hospital directly from the airport after he was identified at a screening checkpoint.

Though DeSantis does not have the authority to shut down interstate travel, he did institute an executive order that requires anyone traveling from New York to Florida to quarantine for 14 days.

The governor also set up a check point on I-10 to screen people coming into the state from Louisiana. He is looking to set up a similar check point on I-95.
@MyFDOT: To assist with the implementation and enforcement of the Executive Order, #FHP will staff the checkpoint at I-10 at the Alabama/Florida line, 24 hours a day with approximately 16 troopers in 12-hour shifts. Learn more: http://bit.ly/39pFH6V. https://twitter.com/MyFDOT/status/1244073202172727296/photo/1

@MyFDOT: @MyFDOT fully supports the trucking industry and appreciates the critical services they provide while protecting Floridian's safety during #COVID19. No commerce is impeded & commercial vehicles may bypass the checkpoint to ensure timely delivery of products across the state.

feel like some think im crtiticizing you guys, but im not. maybe a touch of it, but im not trying to say we're better or anything. we're a fraction of the population, and and even bigger landmass... we have health care for everyone... those things are just in our favor.

im just sad to see so "many" seemingly ignoring the seriousness of it in the US. do I see it here? ya, i guess to a small degree... but not really. all non-essential business are legally closed. there's ppl out walking but no real gathering in parks/beaches any of that stuff..

and again... population. i get it. and ya, media focuses on the negative, but it sucks even seeing the negative is there
Thanks. Didn’t take it that way at all. 

I love Canada, travel and work up there quite a bit.

Obviously love the US too. We are like a big, dumb dog. We’ll survive this by pure momentum. It’s how we do.

The police had to break up a 50 person house party in Ewing, NJ last night.....in a 550 square foot apartment.  They hired a DJ.

I'm pretty much ready to mail in the summer at this point.  Too many #######s out there.  
Should have locked them in there together.

I should start another thread for this but I'll just put it here. Looking for some suggestions.

I've always had sinus/allergy issues. I don't know if it's pollen etc or food related. I've never really done much about it.

Staying at home for the last couple weeks has really ramped things up. I get stuffed up, post nasal drip, swollen feeling tonsils, lump I throat etc. It sucks. I think maybe worse after I eat? Could be dairy, wheat, who knows. 

Been trying Claritan.. doesn't seem to help. Been using NyQuil at night. Took some DayQuil now. Helps a little. Hard to sleep when stuffed up and try to move down throat but doesn't seem to budge.

Just ordered one of those Navage things. Have large tonsils and tried to get them out years ago and insurance wouldn't cover. Got a CPAP last year and really didn't like it so haven't been using it...another issue but related.

Would really like to see an ENT and see if I could get some relief at some point but not even going to try with COVID going on.

So besides trying the Navage any other suggestions? Oh I also bought an air cleaner for the room I sleep in and need to get that set up. Also need to do some.more whole home dusting etc.

Wondering I guess if there is other otc meds I should be trying as well. Any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
To echo what others mentioned, Zyrtec D and/or Flonase are good things to try. Another suggestion might be to check your air filters in the house. If it’s gotten worse you’ve been home full time, that might explain it:

Non-China Reported Cases

2/7 - 277 reported cases

2/12 - 490 reported cases

2/17 - 893 reported cases -  5 dead 

2/22 - 1,834 reported cases - 19 dead

2/26 - 3,650 reported cases - 57 dead

2/29 - 7,155 reported cases - 109 dead - USA 68 cases - 1 dead

3/5 - 17,353 reported cases - 344 dead - USA 210 cases - 12 dead

3/9 - 33,303 reported cases - 881 dead - USA 628 cases - 26 dead

3/13 - 64,567 reported cases - 2,239 dead - USA 2,269 cases - 48 dead

3/18 - 138,059 reported cases - 5,715 dead - USA 9,301 cases - 152 dead

3/22 - 255,584 reported cases - 11,350 dead - USA 33,346 cases - 414 dead

3/27 - 514,956 reported cases - 24,048 dead - USA 104,126 cases - 1,695 dead

3/28 - 581,528 reported cases - 27,551 dead - USA 123,428 cases - 2,211 dead - (515 deaths today)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-J_vry7rclLIGooJ-Cu7OFH8rRRjB51lz1iGkwcTETc/edit#gid=0

As you can see from the google drive, the good news is that our worldwide doubling rate has dropped to just over 5 days when it was 4 for almost 6 weeks. 
Hoping that the changes we are making around the world help.  However, if they don't (or assuming we did nothing), here is the sobering projection from this:

--We went from 109 dead on 2/29 to 27,551 dead just one month later on 3/28.  The number of deaths doubled 8 times in that time frame.

--If that number doubles 8 times over the next month, we are looking at almost 7 million dead by the end of April. 

--If it "only" doubles 6 times over the next month, we're still looking at almost 2 million dead by the end of April. 

To echo what others mentioned, Zyrtec D and/or Flonase are good things to try. Another suggestion might be to check your air filters in the house. If it’s gotten worse you’ve been home full time, that might explain it:
Thanks

I did change them already the other day.

Sounds like a dystopian movie.
Oh those catchy titles! smh

There's a man-hunt going on for them, dogs and townsfolk in a line, walking the woods in a grid. lol

Deed recordings are getting a knock if there's a NY primary address (and, presumably, a car in the drive or some interior lights on)

Honestly, though, if this clear-cut infringement on civil rights isn't enough to help people see how serious this is, said people are beyond help.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/director-of-arizona-division-of-emergency-management-wendy-smith-reeve-resigns

Not a great sign when the director of emergency management quits during an emergency before things start getting bad. I’d guess there’s some disagreements about how they should be doing things and she lost.
Yikes... wonder whether she was on the "we'd better get moving cause ####'s gonna get real" side or the "let's think positive thoughts" side.

March 28, 3:30 p.m.: Gov. Ron DeSantis said travel restrictions from “hot zones” allowed authorities to stop a man who flew to Jacksonville from New York that previously tested positive for COVID-19.

DeSantis said the man was taken to a hospital directly from the airport after he was identified at a screening checkpoint.

Though DeSantis does not have the authority to shut down interstate travel, he did institute an executive order that requires anyone traveling from New York to Florida to quarantine for 14 days.

The governor also set up a check point on I-10 to screen people coming into the state from Louisiana. He is looking to set up a similar check point on I-95.
@MyFDOT: To assist with the implementation and enforcement of the Executive Order, #FHP will staff the checkpoint at I-10 at the Alabama/Florida line, 24 hours a day with approximately 16 troopers in 12-hour shifts. Learn more: http://bit.ly/39pFH6V. https://twitter.com/MyFDOT/status/1244073202172727296/photo/1
What's stopping people from entering Florida through one of the dozens of other border crossings?

Hoping that the changes we are making around the world help.  However, if they don't (or assuming we did nothing), here is the sobering projection from this:

--We went from 109 dead on 2/29 to 27,551 dead just one month later on 3/28.  The number of deaths doubled 8 times in that time frame.

--If that number doubles 8 times over the next month, we are looking at almost 7 million dead by the end of April. 

--If it "only" doubles 6 times over the next month, we're still looking at almost 2 million dead by the end of April. 
And if it only doubles 5 times over the next month, we're looking at a guaranteed 4+ quadrillion dead by the end of May!  

; hope you see the flaw in your logic.  Fwiw, your point is valid, it's just that you aren't helping your case with the math.

The not-so-catchy headline for Cuomo wanting to sue RI for the "hunt" on NYers "seeking refuge" might look more like this:

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronavirus/cuomo-threatens-to-sue-raimondo-over-policy-to-track-down-new-yorkers-in-ri/

"However, as the interview went on it appeared Cuomo had been misinformed about Rhode Island’s actual policy. At one point he claimed Rhode Island was “not letting anyone in until they take a test to see whether or not they have the virus,” which is not the state’s policy."

OMFG! My neighborhood block party made the news! Fox News Boston sent a  crew to cover the party. But they spun it as a great thing! They praised the neighbor for raising the spirits of the neighborhood and encouraged people to do similar things in their own communities. They showed people dancing and smiling and said this is exactly what we all need to be doing, and we need more of that.  

People in town are all over FB either saying it was the best thing ever or they are so sad they missed it. People are actually asking when the next one will be. I. Am. Speechless.
No way.  This can’t be right.  Link for this?   There has to be more to the story... :shock:

Senator Pat Toomey on board with masks. 

#masks4all

Tweet

Bunch of stories in the last few days too. Bout damn time. 
I work for healthcare system. We recently put out a notice that employees were allowed to wear there own "social comfort" masks from home. This would be when not interacting with patients.

A couple weeks later I heard they should not do that because sneezing or coughing into your own mask can actually make you sick.

And if it only doubles 5 times over the next month, we're looking at a guaranteed 4+ quadrillion dead by the end of May!  

; hope you see the flaw in your logic.  Fwiw, your point is valid, it's just that you aren't helping your case with the math.
It's exponential growth and his math is right.

No way.  This can’t be right.  Link for this?   There has to be more to the story... :shock:
I can’t find a link to the video. It was on Fox25 News. They didn’t show people gathering, only the host/homeowner, the DJ, some close ups of people smiling, and a couple of kids dancing. They never showed a crowd or a wide shot that this was across multiple yards. The message was someone bringing a smile to the neighborhood by hiring a DJ and blasting music. No mention of people congregating. So the news story didn’t tell the whole story. And they didn’t encourage people to have parties. So they weren’t telling people to defy any shelter in place orders, but that’s what was really happening.

Users who are viewing this thread